PDA

View Full Version : Butcher watch

Pages : [1] 2 3

KeithTheHibby
10-08-2015, 07:51 AM
In order to deflect some attention from our own inept display at the weekend I did notice that our ex manager guided Newport to a 3-0 thumping defeat on the opening day of the season.

Nice start Terry and its clear your magic is working.:greengrin

Broken Gnome
10-08-2015, 08:02 AM
In order to deflect some attention from our own inept display at the weekend I did notice that our ex manager guided Newport to a 3-0 thumping defeat on the opening day of the season.

Nice start Terry and its clear your magic is working.:greengrin

Goal two was about the worst goal ever conceded by a football team not called Hibs.

GreenArmyyy!
10-08-2015, 08:06 AM
:D

Bostonhibby
10-08-2015, 09:11 AM
This result is a perfect example of how the tactic of losing a goal first to get it out of the way doesn't work. I was surprised that Tel hadn't given up on that one by now.

The opposition will eventually get to know that's one from his impressive armoury of footballing strategies.

Hiber-nation
10-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Really enjoyed these brief highlights. First time I've ever got excited watching League 2 in England. Hopefully lots more of the same to come.

Jack Hackett
10-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Feel the Love :greengrin

bill the hibby
10-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Would butchers hibs team beat a part time dumbarton though... :greengrin

liamh2202
10-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Would butchers hibs team beat a part time dumbarton though... :greengrin

You joke.... But some of the comments on here makes me think people would rather watch murder journeymen with work rate than players with genuine skill and ability

sesoim
10-08-2015, 04:02 PM
You joke.... But some of the comments on here makes me think people would rather watch murder journeymen with work rate than players with genuine skill and ability

Passing the ball back and forward aimlessly for long periods without getting anywhere can be just as murder to watch as hoofing the ball forward and hoping for the best. And to be fair to Butcher, he built Inverness into the successful side they've been for a few years on a smaller budget than Stubbs is getting with Hibs (and that's not counting the multiple coaches, technical this and that's and so on Stubbs has brought in).

Yes, Butcher ****ed Hibs up (although Hughes, Fenlon, Calderwood and Collins all helped send us in that direction), but with a clean slate and a new team, who's to say he couldn't have gotten Hibs up in one go like he did with Inverness, even if the football WAS murder?

oconnors_strip
10-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Really enjoyed these brief highlights. First time I've ever got excited watching League 2 in England. Hopefully lots more of the same to come.

What made it even sweeter is that cambridge are my English team :greengrin

bill the hibby
10-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Passing the ball back and forward aimlessly for long periods without getting anywhere can be just as murder to watch as hoofing the ball forward and hoping for the best. And to be fair to Butcher, he built Inverness into the successful side they've been for a few years on a smaller budget than Stubbs is getting with Hibs (and that's not counting the multiple coaches, technical this and that's and so on Stubbs has brought in).

Yes, Butcher ****ed Hibs up (although Hughes, Fenlon, Calderwood and Collins all helped send us in that direction), but with a clean slate and a new team, who's to say he couldn't have gotten Hibs up in one go like he did with Inverness, even if the football WAS murder?

I'm of the belief that the only place he was taking us was down, furher than he did.

Hibernia&Alba
10-08-2015, 04:12 PM
We're in the Championship because of that ****, and I pity Newport. Nobody deserves to have such incompetence thrust upon them.

Kato
10-08-2015, 04:14 PM
....with a clean slate and a new team, who's to say he couldn't have gotten Hibs up in one go like he did with Inverness, even if the football WAS murder?

We'll never know as he was one of the worst managers we've ever had.

Smartie
10-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Is nobody else going to make the obvious "Apparently Mickey Mouse wears a….." gag?

GreenArmyyy!
10-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Passing the ball back and forward aimlessly for long periods without getting anywhere can be just as murder to watch as hoofing the ball forward and hoping for the best. And to be fair to Butcher, he built Inverness into the successful side they've been for a few years on a smaller budget than Stubbs is getting with Hibs (and that's not counting the multiple coaches, technical this and that's and so on Stubbs has brought in). .

I would say he wouldn't have because he is a horrific imposter of a football manager and by all accounts him and his back room staff are just thuggish dinosaurs

adhibs
10-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Our tel, the arse who relegated us and was somehow made part of the scotland set up

hailhail22
10-08-2015, 05:19 PM
I saw butcher had started a "together we can be stronger" campaign the other week, did he not try and do the similar thing when he was here ?

bill the hibby
10-08-2015, 05:39 PM
I saw butcher had started a "together we can be stronger" campaign the other week, did he not try and do the similar thing when he was here ?

Yea I think you could be right...not long before his assistant was shouting abuse at fans in the stand 😂

Pete
10-08-2015, 05:46 PM
#tbnca

1van Sprou7e
10-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Where can I watch these highlights?

Hiber-nation
10-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Where can I watch these highlights?

In here somewhere. Nearer the end than the beginning http://www.channel5.com/shows/football-league-tonight/episodes/episode-1-796

Michael
10-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Little off-topic, but does anyone anyone know what the 'special celebration' was that Butcher had planned if we survived relegation?

1van Sprou7e
10-08-2015, 06:26 PM
In here somewhere. Nearer the end than the beginning http://www.channel5.com/shows/football-league-tonight/episodes/episode-1-796

Cheers pal, starts at 50:38 for anyone else wondering

1van Sprou7e
10-08-2015, 06:28 PM
Also that second goal is very unfortunate but ****ing hilarious

Northernhibee
10-08-2015, 07:10 PM
The good news about being humped 3-0 on your debut is it takes away the fear of being humped 3-0 on your debut.

emerald green
10-08-2015, 07:19 PM
I wonder how long it will take for the chancer Butcher to get found out this time?

Bostonhibby
10-08-2015, 07:23 PM
The good news about being humped 3-0 on your debut is it takes away the fear of being humped 3-0 on your debut.

:agree: Eventually you get used to it.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Newport 1-0 up away to Wolves in the League Cup!

Stokesy's on fire
11-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Cmon wolves!!

Sir David Gray
11-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Scrap that, it's 1-1 now!

11-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Couldn't really care less what that clown is up to now, i'm just mighty glad he's away from us!

I mean lets not kid ourselves, we had been heading for relegation for years and perhaps it was the rock bottom we had to hit in order to make the huge changes needed but how a manager could send us into such a free fal in such a short period of time is astonishing.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Does Matt Docherty still play for Wolves?

If so hopefully there's a power failure and they find some reason to kick both Newport and Wolves from the competition.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2015, 07:31 PM

If so hopefully there's a power failure and they find some reason to kick both Newport and Wolves from the competition.

:agree: He's playing tonight.

11-08-2015, 07:41 PM

Matt Dochertys a ****er. Another player who thought he was far to big to here, his attitude stank. Uninterested, arrogant prick who humiliated the club, collected his final wages then ****ed off without a care in the world.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2015, 08:04 PM
2-1 Wolves

Northernhibee
11-08-2015, 08:16 PM
2-1 Wolves

:flag:

Being pumped out of the cup always takes away the fear of being pumped out of the cup.

Danny_Hibee
11-08-2015, 08:28 PM
2-1 Wolves

Quite clear what Newports problem was here...clearly scoring that early goal took away the fear of conceding an early goal for Wolves. Rookie mistake from Newport, they've basically handed the game to Wolves there.

Northernhibee
11-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Quite clear what Newports problem was here...clearly scoring that early goal took away the fear of conceding an early goal for Wolves. Rookie mistake from Newport, they've basically handed the game to Wolves there.

Mind you, sometimes taking the fear of conceding away from the other team takes the fear away of taking the fear of conceding away from the other team.

Bostonhibby
11-08-2015, 09:16 PM
:flag:

Being pumped out of the cup always takes away the fear of being pumped out of the cup.

And the fear of winning it, all that attention and expectation - he got out of Inverness just in time by the look of it.

Sir David Gray
18-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Hartlepool 1-0 up against Newport.

Butcher will be relieved he's lost that first goal again. :agree:

Northernhibee
18-08-2015, 08:06 PM

He'll be **** scared of getting his first win though. Sometimes getting your first win takes away the fear of actually winning a game once in a while.

Bostonhibby
18-08-2015, 08:19 PM

Wonder if they will concede the second goal so tel can relax completely?

BH Hibs
18-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Hope I can get a few weeks out of backing against them before he gets sacked

Pretty Boy
18-08-2015, 08:21 PM
I see he was saying this week that his young players have to 'grow up' and that they got a 'bit of his tongue' at the weekend. Looks like the man management skills are coming to the fore again.

Scorrie
18-08-2015, 08:43 PM
I see he was saying this week that his young players have to 'grow up' and that they got a 'bit of his tongue' at the weekend. Looks like the man management skills are coming to the fore again.

I wonder if he's put the camouflage netting over the Newport tunnel. How embarrassing was that

Mikey09
19-08-2015, 09:54 AM

So having witnessed both Butchers "style" of play at Hibs and Stubbs which one would you prefer to watch? I speak regularly to a lad who plays for the development side and having worked under both Stubbs and Butcher I can assure you him and the rest of the young lads are a million times happier now than they were. They love seeing Stubbs at there games unlike when Malpas would turn up and basically old school bully them. This went for the first team as well. Butcher ROYALLY SHAFTED our club and having seen the change in attitude Stubbs and Dempster have fostered I am astounded at your post... But it's your opinion so fair enough.

Heisenberg
19-08-2015, 09:57 AM

He's a pish manager. One good full season at Inverness doesn't change that.

Bad Martini
19-08-2015, 11:21 AM

Hughes, Fenlon, Calderwood and Collins (last Hibs manager to WIN anything, depsite the ****ing team) all failed in many ways. They also failed to get us relegated. Make no mistake, Butcher took over Fenlon's bad team and made us worse. That was NOT coming under Fenlon. Yes, we'd have been bottom six and pish to watch but I very much doubt we would have been relegated. Only that ****ing ejit could manage to take a problematic issue and turn it into a full on, grade a ****ing catastrophe....

We're in the Championship because of that ****, and I pity Newport. Nobody deserves to have such incompetence thrust upon them.

Correct. That said, dont give a rats ass about Newport :greengrin

The good news about being managed and relegated by that incompetent ejit is, you lose the fear of being managed and relegated by that ejit ever again.

In other news, they will be shuddering in the front rows with his words of encouragement to players young and old, as good old Tel hurls abuse left, right and centre at his OWN team.

Erse.

The best thing to happen to Hibs in the last three years was that clown walking out the ****ing door. :agree:

ENDOF

worcesterhibby
19-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Cheers pal, starts at 50:38 for anyone else wondering

If you want to really have a laugh at some inept defending and terrible goalkeeping, then take a look at "We want to bid for Scott Allan" Rotherham at about 21:16...hilarious.

Kato
19-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Has he lost the fear of getting the sack from his new job yet?

Bostonhibby
19-08-2015, 07:46 PM

The clocks ticking by the look of it, he seems to have moved directly to "grow up" " bit of his tongue" type of motivation without even using the buying them a fish supper bit in between - mind you it never worked at Hibs so maybe he's learned something?

Or alternatively he's just going to get sacked quicker - another pay off.

wpj
19-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Not sure I would like a bit of his tongue in any way shape or form! I guess the gardens of Newport could be in for a bit of a revamp now though?

Gmack7
22-08-2015, 02:12 PM
2 zip down at home after 10mins

The_Horde
22-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Its good to be 2 nil down in 10 mins. It takes away the fear of being 2 down early on.

WoreTheGreen
22-08-2015, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=Lunatic#7;4447707]Its good to be 2 nil down in 10 mins. It takes away the fear of being 2 down early on.[/QUOTE

WoreTheGreen
22-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Selling a lawnmower Tel intrested?

Pretty Boy
22-08-2015, 02:22 PM
The fear of being a useless clown takes.away the fear of being a useless clown.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Gutted I'm not making any money on this clown. Keep forgetting to bet against Newport

Zazu62
22-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Zzzz who gives a **** about terry butcher

bill the hibby
22-08-2015, 02:53 PM
2-2, a lot of pies in faces

Onceinawhile
22-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Zzzz who gives a **** about terry butcher

There's an obvious hint this threads about him in the title. If you don't care, why post.

Anyway, they're now 2-2. Hopefully they get beaten badly.

Northernhibee
22-08-2015, 03:26 PM
2-3 Orient :thumbsup:

andy1875
22-08-2015, 03:30 PM
The good thing about losing 3-2 is not worrying that you might lose 3-2.

Northernhibee
22-08-2015, 03:33 PM
The good thing about losing 3-2 is not worrying that you might lose 3-2.

The good thing about being bottom of the league is it takes away the fear of being bottom of the league.

andy1875
22-08-2015, 03:37 PM
The good thing about being bottom of the league is it takes away the fear of being bottom of the league.

Very true.

The good thing about being a manager that gets relegated all the time is that you don't need to worry about getting relegated :greengrin

Onion
22-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Good thing about being Terry Butcher is you don't have to worry about being managed by Terry Butcher.

Northernhibee
22-08-2015, 03:46 PM
His new star striker was the first player to be subbed off today. Good to see his eye for a player remains undiminished.

lord bunberry
22-08-2015, 04:00 PM
His new star striker was the first player to be subbed off today. Good to see his eye for a player remains undiminished.
The good thing about subbing your new star striker is that it takes away the fear of subbing your new star striker.

jacomo
22-08-2015, 04:05 PM
The good thing about subbing your new star striker is that it takes away the fear of subbing your new star striker.

:agree:

It's worth a coaching seminar on its own, this one.

Northernhibee
22-08-2015, 04:10 PM
So, the story of the game is that in the first half Newport go two down quickly. They then find a backbone and pull it back to 2-2 at HT.

They go in for TB's motivational words at HT with all the momentum in the game behind them.

Full time score - Newport 2-3 Leyton Orient.

Bostonhibby
22-08-2015, 06:12 PM
The good thing about hurtling towards the bottom of the league is you don't have to worry about the teams beneath you catching you up. Another pressure relieved early on by tel. Going to be a great season for Newport

Sir David Gray
22-08-2015, 06:28 PM
I bet Butcher plans to play this as the players turn up for training on Monday morning. :aok:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtKADQnjQmc

Nameless
22-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Good thing about being Terry Butcher is you don't have to worry about being managed by Terry Butcher.

I love this!!

Northernhibee
22-08-2015, 09:07 PM
I bet Butcher plans to play this as the players turn up for training on Monday morning. :aok:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtKADQnjQmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhG-vLZrb-g

I expect more this.

Row H
29-08-2015, 08:08 AM
Plymouth Argyle at a general 4/5 look good value to pile more misery onto Butchers mob, think I I'll have some of that. Cmon Butcher, keep up the good work. :aok:

Bostonhibby
29-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Plymouth Argyle at a general 4/5 look good value to pile more misery onto Butchers mob, think I I'll have some of that. Cmon Butcher, keep up the good work. :aok:
5/6 with paddy power. Fill your boots.

silverhibee
29-08-2015, 12:29 PM
5/6 with paddy power. Fill your boots.

Boots are over flowing. :greengrin

James70
29-08-2015, 02:48 PM
The pressure is now off for Newport after losing the first goal! :greengrin

Bostonhibby
29-08-2015, 03:08 PM
The pressure is now off for Newport after losing the first goal! :greengrin
For the handicap betters amongst us is it too much to hope for that tel might want the pressure relieved times two or even three?

worcesterhibby
29-08-2015, 04:10 PM
5 games gone and Butchers men are firmly in his favourite position in dead last place in the division.

Scorrie
29-08-2015, 04:35 PM
5 games gone and Butchers men are firmly in his favourite position in dead last place in the division.

At least it takes away the fear of being bottom of the league though...

Green Fish
29-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Whoever Newport are playing are first pick each week on my coupon!

Bostonhibby
29-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Always liked butcher. Here's hoping he makes the end of the season. My bookies account needs him

iwasthere1972
29-08-2015, 05:21 PM

Get yourself bottom of league early and you lose all that worry of being lower in the league than the opposition.

Master stroke. Job done.

No idea why we got rid of him.

Borderhibbie76
29-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Poor Newport. they have my deepest condolences. Things will only get worse under The Butcher im afraid

tamig
29-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Poor Newport. they have my deepest condolences. Things will only get worse under The Butcher im afraid

They are a good club and worked hard to get back into the FL. A real community club and I feel sorry for their fans. I think it's sad that a lot of people are wishing bad things on Newport just because Butcher is in charge. I don't want to see Butcher succeed but the fans have my full sympathy. Hopefully he will be gone soon and they can move forward before it's too late.

hfc rd
29-08-2015, 05:34 PM
They are a good club and worked hard to get back into the FL. A real community club and I feel sorry for their fans. I think it's sad that a lot of people are wishing bad things on Newport just because Butcher is in charge. I don't want to see Butcher succeed but the fans have my full sympathy. Hopefully he will be gone soon and they can move forward before it's too late.

Got nothing against the club. Just the man that's in charge there.

emerald green
29-08-2015, 05:35 PM

I don't think anyone is wishing bad things on Newport as a football club. It's the clown they have in charge many Hibs fans have a beef with.

California-Hibs
29-08-2015, 05:41 PM
The man is a complete car crash of a manager! I feel embarrassed that I was genuinely excited when he was announced at Hibs. Look at our starting 11 now compared to his! Night and day is an understatement.

tamig
29-08-2015, 05:41 PM
I don't think anyone is wishing bad things on Newport as a football club. It's the clown they have in charge many Hibs fans have a beef with.

It's a tricky one I suppose because wishing bad things on Butcher means bad things for Newport by default. I do feel for their fans though and hope their pain is over soon.

emerald green
29-08-2015, 05:44 PM
It's a tricky one I suppose because wishing bad things on Butcher means bad things for Newport by default. I do feel for their fans though and hope their pain is over soon.

That's fair enough. I get what you are saying. :aok:

29-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Couldn't care less what that joker is up to now, i'm just glad he's away from ER.

An absolute car crash of a manager that quite remarkably turned a bad side (but one nowhere near relegation) and plummet us into the most horrific free fall then shamelessly continued to take money from the club after his departure.

**** off Butcher and his wee sidekick Malpass. Never forgiven.

Kato
29-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Losing money by betting on Newport to win takes away the fear of ...etc etc.

Haymaker
29-08-2015, 09:06 PM
I am quite glad my mate left them last year!

TRC
29-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Just read their forum and they seem pleased with him, say he's got them playing better football??

Sir David Gray
29-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Just read their forum and they seem pleased with him, say he's got them playing better football??

I dread to think how bad things must have been for them last season then!

Borderhibbie76
29-08-2015, 09:24 PM

Jeezo...mind it took us lot a while to rumble him too

Greencore
29-08-2015, 09:27 PM
I wonder what the score would be if Stubbs hibs team played butchers hibs team. Very very scary.

Kato
29-08-2015, 09:29 PM

Poor souls.

givescotlandfreedom
29-08-2015, 09:31 PM
I wonder what the score would be if Stubbs hibs team played butchers hibs team. Very very scary.

Some folk round me would delight in shouting abuse at two Lewis Stevensons!

Greencore
29-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Some folk round me would delight in shouting abuse at two Lewis Stevensons!
😂😂😂😂

Danderhall Hibs
30-08-2015, 07:21 AM

1-0 to Stubbs? Maybe 1-1 after Stubbs' team pummelled them for 90 minutes and a late defensive lapse lets Butcher equalise?

Pretty Boy
30-08-2015, 07:28 AM

What kind of football fans are happy being bottom of the league with 1 point from 5 games and a goal difference of minus 6?

That's just strange.

#FromTheCapital
30-08-2015, 07:40 AM
Whilst I have no problem with Newport FC, I also couldn't care less about them. Appointing Terry Butcher as their manager after what he done to us was a daft decision at best, so it serves them right. For their sake I hope they see sense and bring in a competent manager before it's too late.

Niffy
30-08-2015, 07:42 AM
1-0 to Stubbs? Maybe 1-1 after Stubbs' team pummelled them for 90 minutes and a late defensive lapse lets Butcher equalise?

This.

Winston Ingram
30-08-2015, 10:53 AM
The deluded prick usually gets emptied within 1st 6 months. Hopefully they punt him before it's too late

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Newport just like us deserved all they got, anyone who actually looks into his managerial career properly, would not appoint him.

Its one failure after another, with only one real short period of success.

Robinho08
31-08-2015, 07:41 AM
I've just read the thread on their forum that Sunshine on Leith started. They seem to rate him after the last manager they had. 😁

http://www.weareexiles.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38163

#FromTheCapital
31-08-2015, 07:49 AM
I've just read the thread on their forum that Sunshine on Leith started. They seem to rate him after the last manager they had. 😁

What a strange bunch. Perhaps Newport and Terry Butcher are the perfect match, some seriously low expectations evident from that thread.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2015, 08:47 AM
Some of the posts on there are absolutely mental! What about the one that says he loves the way he inspires young players?!

Mind you give it a couple of months and see what they say after the game plan has been sussed by the opposition.

Bostonhibby
31-08-2015, 08:53 AM
Some of the posts on there are absolutely mental! What about the one that says he loves the way he inspires young players?!

Mind you give it a couple of months and see what they say after the game plan has been sussed by the opposition.
Odd one, he's certainly inspired them all the way to the lowest point they are able to achieve this season. And in double quick time as well.

Target is probably to consolidate their position now.

Mikey09
31-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Newport just like us deserved all they got, anyone who actually looks into his managerial career properly, would not appoint him.

Its one failure after another, with only one real short period of success.

Terry Butcher gets jobs because he is "Ex England captain Terry Butcher." Nowt to do with his ability, or serious lack of it, to manage a football club. Some chairmen are seriously clueless... Just like Butcher.

greenginger
31-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Terry Butcher gets jobs because he is "Ex England captain Terry Butcher." Nowt to do with his ability, or serious lack of it, to manage a football club. Some chairmen are seriously clueless... Just like Butcher.

I think you can count supporters in with that too. I don't remember too many dissenters on here when Hibs were chasing him.

Keith_M
31-08-2015, 10:47 AM
I went against the grain when both Hughes and Mixu were appointed, as I'm not keen on signing up former players as managers, and I didn't like Yogi (because of the 'match of shame' at ER when he was Bairns Manager)

I was indifferent to the Fenlon and Calderwood signings, just kept my fingers crossed and hoped for the best.

But, sadly, I was one of the many that thought Butcher would be a good Manager at Hibs, based on his previous stint with ICT.

Mikey09
31-08-2015, 10:55 AM
I think you can count supporters in with that too. I don't remember too many dissenters on here when Hibs were chasing him.

Yep would agree with that...however it's not us who ultimately make the decision. It's the owners and chairmen who do it.

Hibiza
31-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Bet Swindon on Tuesday to beat them .

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2015, 11:17 AM

Beaten again at the weekend. Going by the love in for him on there the previous manager must have been a nightmare .... I get that they want to defend a new manager in the face of a post from a fan of a team he got relegated ....... They would do well to ignore that and instead look at the position he got us relegated from ... It was the managerial equivalent of the proverbial 'it was harder to miss' strikers shot past the post.

KeithTheHibby
31-08-2015, 01:19 PM

At the time he seemed the best man for the job. I liked the way Hibs went to Inverness and said we want your manager and nothing is going to stop us attitude, it is what the old firm have done for years.
I still to this day don't understand how he made such a James Hunt of things...

Hibeesmad
31-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Just to think that if he came in, got us top 6, got us a cup and playing European football just now he could be a Hibs Legend but naw, he's sitting bottom of the English League 2 with 1 point

KeithTheHibby
31-08-2015, 01:24 PM
I've just read the thread on their forum that Sunshine on Leith started. They seem to rate him after the last manager they had. 

After reading some of their comments TB and those bellends are made for each other!

The_Todd
31-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Frankly Newport have much bigger problems than TB at the moment. They'll be pleased enough to have a club left at the end of the season.

It's taken a gargantuan effort to get that club reformed, placed all the way at the bottom of the pyramid and then all the way back up into the Football League, especially since in the early days they had to fight all they way against the FAW\LoW to be able to play in Newport without joining the Welsh league. Why are they called The Exiles? Because they had to play in England to begin with. To wish any ill on the club just to spite one ex-Hibs manager seems rather callous, but maybe I'm biased because I was born in Newport mind.

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Frankly Newport have much bigger problems than TB at the moment. They'll be pleased enough to have a club left at the end of the season.

It's taken a gargantuan effort to get that club reformed, placed all the way at the bottom of the pyramid and then all the way back up into the Football League, especially since in the early days they had to fight all they way against the FAW\LoW to be able to play in Newport without joining the Welsh league. Why are they called The Exiles? Because they had to play in England to begin with. To wish any ill on the club just to spite one ex-Hibs manager seems rather callous, but maybe I'm biased because I was born in Newport mind.

I don't think anybody has a problem with Newport .... good luck to them, I think we all agree that its butcher we want to fall on his bahookie, who he currently manages is purely incidental.

Anyway ..... If they think the contempt on here for Butcher is OTT then they want to check out our opinion of Colin 'sodding' Calderwood ...... IMO next to him Butcher is a Hibs legend.

Smartie
31-08-2015, 04:37 PM
I don't think anybody has a problem with Newport .... good luck to them, I think we all agree that its butcher we want to fall on his bahookie, who he currently manages is purely incidental.

Anyway ..... If they think the contempt on here for Butcher is OTT then they want to check out our opinion of Colin 'sodding' Calderwood ...... IMO next to him Butcher is a Hibs legend.

I think Calderwood gets a fairly easy ride on here compared to Butcher.

Whilst there's no doubt we had been on a downward spiral for a bit before then, when Calderwood took over there was still something to work with. He took that though and made an almighty **** of it and of all the managers we had he's the one I hold most contempt for. At least the other managers wanted to be here and try to sort it out, that sweetie-voyeur **** wasn't even half-hearted.

Fenlon took over Calderwood's shambles and it was a minor miracle he managed to achieve what he did with his sticking plaster approach to things.

It was only going to get him so far though and he passed a truly brutal squad onto Butcher. I think even Fenlon himself realised this and that was why he walked.

Butcher did manage to make an almighty erse of things, of that there is no doubt.

But I always find it amazing that so much contempt is held towards Butcher when in fact several men made significant contributions towards getting us into the position we now find ourselves trying to get out of.

None more so than the man who appointed and then sacked all those managers.

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2015, 04:49 PM

Whilst there's no doubt we had been on a downward spiral for a bit before then, when Calderwood took over there was still something to work with. He took that though and made an almighty **** of it and of all the managers we had he's the one I hold most contempt for. At least the other managers wanted to be here and try to sort it out, that sweetie-voyeur **** wasn't even half-hearted.

Fenlon took over Calderwood's shambles and it was a minor miracle he managed to achieve what he did with his sticking plaster approach to things.

It was only going to get him so far though and he passed a truly brutal squad onto Butcher. I think even Fenlon himself realised this and that was why he walked.

Butcher did manage to make an almighty erse of things, of that there is no doubt.

But I always find it amazing that so much contempt is held towards Butcher when in fact several men made significant contributions towards getting us into the position we now find ourselves trying to get out of.

Correct ..... I can accept that a manager ( any manager ) can make a dugs dinner of a football club, even an epic fail like Butcher .... What I cant abide is a manager totally disrespecting the club I support ..... for that reason I will always hold Calderwood in the utmost contempt. Butcher was a rubbish manager, Calderwood was a rubbish human being.

Billy Whizz
31-08-2015, 04:51 PM
Is Malpas with him at Newport?

Sir David Gray
31-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Is Malpas with him at Newport?

I don't believe so.

I don't think he's got a job just now after leaving Raith Rovers in May.

lord bunberry
31-08-2015, 04:55 PM

I want Newport to lose another 2 or 3 games and sack Butcher, then go on a massive winning run and get promoted. That would show that clown up for what he is.

Billy Whizz
31-08-2015, 04:56 PM
I don't believe so.

I don't think he's got a job just now after leaving Raith Rovers in May.

Ok thanks

emerald green
31-08-2015, 07:10 PM

Good post. Calderwood's body language on the touchline gave me the impression, rightly or wrongly, that he just wasn't interested in being here. What that said to the players under his control can only be guessed at. A terrible appointment as it turned out.

My theory as to why Butcher gets it in the neck worse than Calderwood is simply because Butcher's catastrophic tenure is fresher in most folks' memories, and of course it was on his watch that the club finally went down.

The bit in bold is correct too of course, but that's been covered many times over and the club is in better hands now.

ancient hibee
31-08-2015, 07:27 PM
I think quite a lot of people have it in for Butcher because they were so keen on him coming in the first place.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2015, 07:43 PM
I think quite a lot of people have it in for Butcher because they were so keen on him coming in the first place.

Nope, it's because he turned a team that was admittedly already mediocre, but in mid-table safety, into a bottom of the table basket case who couldn't buy a win, within the space of six months.

ancient hibee
31-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Nope, it's because he turned a team that was admittedly already mediocre, but in mid-table safety, into a bottom of the table basket case who couldn't buy a win, within the space of six months.

That doesn't alter the fact that a lot of people were over the moon when he came.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2015, 07:52 PM
That doesn't alter the fact that a lot of people were over the moon when he came.

I'm not saying people weren't happy when he was appointed but it's not the reason why he's getting a lot of criticism now.

#FromTheCapital
31-08-2015, 07:54 PM
The reason Butcher gets it so tight is because he single-handedly relegated us from the SPFL in the space of a few months. He will go down as the worst manager in our history. We've had some shocking appointments in my lifetime, but Butcher trumps all of them including Calderwood and even the likes of Jim Duffy.

McKenzie
31-08-2015, 08:03 PM
What a truly weird bunch they Newport fans are. Attractive football, I dread to think what the previous managers were like.

silverhibee
01-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Hope they get another gubbing tonight.

PatHead
01-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Feel like putting money on it but am sure I would jinx it and they would get a result.

HH81
01-09-2015, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't bet on that trophy will not be first teams so anything can happen.

3pm
01-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Hope they get another gubbing tonight.

You're so hostile.

silverhibee
01-09-2015, 05:47 PM
You're so hostile.

I just see red. :wink: :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Waiting on team news before I get involved but, probably be Robert ew if he starts for The Robins.

3pm
01-09-2015, 06:56 PM
I just see red. :wink: :greengrin

Keep calm mate. Grab a beer.

silverhibee
01-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Keep calm mate. Grab a beer.

Not what i was thinking of grabbing.

SdGP in da hoose, wherz the veras.

leither17
01-09-2015, 07:06 PM
1-0 Swindon

Sergey
01-09-2015, 07:07 PM
0-1 Swindon after 19 mins :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Theres that problem about an early goal solved again. :-)

Greencore
01-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Didn't they get 500k during this transfer window
Could be wrong

God help them..

Sergey
01-09-2015, 08:20 PM
Equaliser 1-1 against Swindon Town.

Sammy7nil
01-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Lost7-6 on pens

Sir David Gray
01-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Lost7-6 on pens

Shame.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Lost7-6 on pens

That takes away the fear of ever losing on pens again.

#FromTheCapital
01-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Took it to the wire with penalties but another great loss for Newport. Should keep the fans happy, they're on a good run at the moment.

PatHead
01-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Took it to the wire with penalties but another great loss for Newport. Should keep the fans happy, they're on a good run at the moment.

Consistent anyway

Sir David Gray
01-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Consistent anyway

:agree: Going on a record breaking run of defeats certainly takes away the fear of going on a record breaking run of defeats. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
01-09-2015, 09:57 PM
:agree: Going on a record breaking run of defeats certainly takes away the fear of going on a record breaking run of defeats. :greengrin

Keeping it going until the cups start would be some achievement - Tel is knocking over record after record so don't rule anything out.

Danderhall Hibs
01-09-2015, 10:01 PM
He needs to get a grip of the young laddies and knock the **** out of them.

I hope none of them tried to pass the ball rather than launching it into the corner or he'll really go for them.

Peevemor
01-09-2015, 10:31 PM
He needs to get a grip of the young laddies and knock the **** out of them.

I hope none of them tried to pass the ball rather than launching it into the corner or he'll really go for them.

Yup, it would remove the fear of getting the **** knocked out of them.

Row H
05-09-2015, 06:32 AM
Anyone fancying Tel to keep up the good work today and York City to win? I really want to back York but something tells me that Newport can't keep losing. As someone who's backed against Newport these past couple of weeks reckon I'll sit this out. However I'd just like to give York my best wishes for today's game, and hopefully take away the fear for Butcher of ever losing in the early 1pm kick off again. :aok:

Bostonhibby
05-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Anyone fancying Tel to keep up the good work today and York City to win? I really want to back York but something tells me that Newport can't keep losing. As someone who's backed against Newport these past couple of weeks reckon I'll sit this out. However I'd just like to give York my best wishes for today's game, and hopefully take away the fear for Butcher of ever losing in the early 1pm kick off again. :aok:
Keep the faith. Tel's gonnae be a record breaker. He's trying to win us over through our bookies accounts.

Have bet against them from the start of their journey on the clowns bicycle and made enough already to continue the journey as he wobbles from game to game.

Just business as I feel sorry for Newport. Very happy to switch my loyalty and bet against wherever he pops up when Newport sack him.

silverhibee
05-09-2015, 12:22 PM
Boring 0-0

Thecat23
05-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Thinking of chucking £100 on York. But knowing how much Butcher pissed me off its a cert if I do it he'll win the game the prick.

silverhibee
05-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Thinking of chucking £100 on York. But knowing how much Butcher pissed me off its a cert if I do it he'll win the game the prick.

You should have done it. 0-1 York.

Pretty Boy
05-09-2015, 12:51 PM
York are one of the poorest in that division.

If Newport lose today it suggests the Newport fans remaining optimism is nothing more than wishful thinking.

jonty
05-09-2015, 12:59 PM

still a chance to get on the gravy train, and make £40 profit.
According to stats, York have had 3 shots, all on target, in the first half. Newport 6, none on target.

Squealing pig
05-09-2015, 01:18 PM
2 nil lol

Just_Jimmy
05-09-2015, 01:22 PM
0-3. Printing money

jonty
05-09-2015, 01:26 PM

Bostonhibby
05-09-2015, 01:27 PM
This butcher guy is starting to grow on me. Hopefully he will stay in football management

.Sean.
05-09-2015, 01:36 PM
:greengrin:greengrin

Three down at home and it's no even half time. Roond ye :giruy2:

jonty
05-09-2015, 01:43 PM
4 yellows and 1 red. at home. and still no shots on target.

Don't take it personally Newport, but :faf:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Looks like the gardening gear will be out again soon.

Waxy
05-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Looks like the gardening gear will be out again soon.Unless someone buys him Football management for dummies.

Thecat23
05-09-2015, 01:56 PM
I could cry!!!!!

Sergey
05-09-2015, 02:27 PM
There's a thread about Butcher on the NCFC Fans Forum that was started be a Hibs fan.

See: http://www.weareexiles.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38163

I suggest we all register and give it to them tight :greengrin

Thecat23
05-09-2015, 02:39 PM
There's a thread about Butcher on the NCFC Fans Forum that was started be a Hibs fan.

Bunch of roasters, hope their ****ty wee club get relegated. Seem a horrible bunch who are suited to having Butcher there.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Sheep ****ging canon fodder.

high bee
05-09-2015, 02:56 PM

Oh well it took us a while to work out he was useless, pretty sure we came up with excuses for him for a bit.

They will soon realise they are rooked but after reading their comments I hope they enjoy relegation. They certainly seem to be enjoying losing every week.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-09-2015, 03:30 PM
If he has improved the football it makes you wonder what they were having to watch before.

Callum_62
05-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Newport manager Terry Butcher told BBC Radio Wales: "I didn't see that coming. There was nothing between the sides in the first-half.
"We made a mistake, don't recover from it and they scored and that's what separated the asides at the interval.
"The second goal was a soft one from our point of view and I didn't see the third one because I was making substitutions."

:greengrin

Malthibby
05-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Newport manager Terry Butcher told BBC Radio Wales: "I didn't see that coming. There was nothing between the sides in the first-half.
"We made a mistake, don't recover from it and they scored and that's what separated the asides at the interval.
"The second goal was a soft one from our point of view and I didn't see the third one because I was making substitutions."

:greengrin

"I didn't see that one coming."
Your'e the only one who didn't, Tel Boy.
The man has an irony by-pass.
GG

portyhibernian
05-09-2015, 04:03 PM
Looking at the thread on their forum, their fans seem to think League 2 in England is full of world beaters. None of them must play for Newport. Made a small fortune so far backing against them this season, long may it continue.

emerald green
05-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Bunch of roasters, hope their ****ty wee club get relegated. Seem a horrible bunch who are suited to having Butcher there.

:agree: Some of their posts could have come straight from keekback. I'm going to predict they will get relegated with that clown in charge.

jonty
05-09-2015, 05:09 PM
:agree: Some of their posts could have come straight from keekback. I'm going to predict they will get relegated with that clown in charge.

Sadly they're favourites at 9/4 so not much profit to be made.

Pretty Boy
05-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Tbf to Terry his pish management skills have already more than paid for my ST this season.

Bostonhibby
05-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Sadly they're favourites at 9/4 so not much profit to be made.
I'd say that's value if it's just to go down. Tel has previous and they might just keep him long enough

Lago
05-09-2015, 05:41 PM
They will learn just as we did.:greengrin

Gatecrasher
05-09-2015, 05:47 PM
If a fan from another club came on here and started slagging Stubbs and Hibs I bet he would get pelted as well. I don't see the point in winding them up. It's their club let them get on with it IMO

Bostonhibby
05-09-2015, 06:02 PM
If a fan from another club came on here and started slagging Stubbs and Hibs I bet he would get pelted as well. I don't see the point in winding them up. It's their club let them get on with it IMO
Agree. They are more to be pitied than scorned. You couldn't make it up, a Welsh team that fought to make it into the English league being dragged down by an English leg end.

Chibs
05-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Looks like the gardening gear will be out again soon.

I have this picture in my head of Butcher sitting in his mansion drinklng chardonny and clapping aiong to this song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJBiCaQn1lA

Hibernia&Alba
05-09-2015, 06:24 PM
But can Newport afford to sack him already? The chairman or whoever else appointed Butcher should be shot. I feel for the Newport fans.

Brooster
05-09-2015, 07:26 PM
But can Newport afford to sack him already? The chairman or whoever else appointed Butcher should be shot. I feel for the Newport fans.

I agree mate. Anyone daft enough to appoint Butcher in the first place deserves everything thats heading towards them.....relegation hopefully.

Bostonhibby
05-09-2015, 07:44 PM

I doubt it, if they have him on any length of contract he will sit it out and trouser the cash like he did at Hibs. My accountant wants him to stay - there are all sorts of records to go for.:greengrin

Sergey
05-09-2015, 07:54 PM
I doubt it, if they have him on any length of contract he will sit it out and trouser the cash like he did at Hibs. My accountant wants him to stay - there are all sorts of records to go for.:greengrin

Two years :faf:

bringbackbenny
05-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Terry Butcher: ‘There was a bit more to my game than a bloody shirt’

http://gu.com/p/4c5h3?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Bostonhibby
05-09-2015, 07:55 PM

Jeez, He must have some agent.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2015, 10:17 PM

The fans didnae appreciate your contributions on their thread mate! :-)

lord bunberry
05-09-2015, 10:50 PM
The fans didnae appreciate your contributions on their thread mate! :-)
I noticed there's a few doubters now though. That number will rise as the defeats roll in.

#FromTheCapital
05-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Another loss for the Newport fans to celebrate. Congratulations, although the fear of winning must be unbearable for them now.

NAE NOOKIE
05-09-2015, 11:57 PM
Some of the Newport fans seem a bit upset about the comments from Hibbies on that thread, leading to a few comments about Scottish football, all a bit predictable I suppose :greengrin

We maybe don't get to watch the fantasy fitba on offer in sky bet league 2 but we know sheeiyte when we see it ..... at least they wont have to wait any longer than next May to have fans of another team going 'told ya so' ....... at least that will take away the fear of folk going 'told ya so' :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
06-09-2015, 12:03 AM
They clearly believe the sky hype about the English leagues.

I see James Collins scored again today in the league above these amateurs but they still think the Scottish league's worse?!

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-09-2015, 12:54 AM
Never got off the Shrewsbury bench as far as I can see.

#FromTheCapital
06-09-2015, 06:13 AM
Reading that thread on the Newport forum, it seems like a few of them are starting to realise what a shambles Butcher is. Apparently he said after the 3-0 loss at home to York yesterday that it wasn't a 'must-win' game. Before yesterday York were 3 points above Newport, who currently sit bottom of the league on a grand total of 1 point after 6 games.

Danderhall Hibs
06-09-2015, 06:57 AM
Never got off the Shrewsbury bench as far as I can see.

Collins? SSN had him listed as scoring the first goal?

high bee
06-09-2015, 07:08 AM
Collins? SSN had him listed as scoring the first goal?

He wasn't in the pitch for the first goal, SSN put a correction out to say it was Ellis that scored.

Danderhall Hibs
06-09-2015, 07:22 AM
He wasn't in the pitch for the first goal, SSN put a correction out to say it was Ellis that scored.

Didn't see that bit! :aok:

Keith_M
06-09-2015, 07:30 AM
Being unable to win a game, relegated and stuck in a lower league for years...

...takes away the fear of being unable to win a game, relegated and stuck in a lower league for years

Jim44
06-09-2015, 08:21 AM
Being unable to win a game, relegated and stuck in a lower league for years...

...takes away the fear of being unable to win a game, relegated and stuck in a lower league for years

Beeing slagged off incessantly on this footie board ..........

.......... takes away the fear of being incessantly slagged off on footie boards, the length and breadth of the country.

KeithTheHibby
06-09-2015, 09:06 AM
So pleased I started this thread, I did not know at the time it would provide me with such hilarity.:greengrin

.Sean.
06-09-2015, 08:07 PM
'Sheep ****ging canon fodder' is the best quote I've read on here in a while :faf:

**** Butcher and **** the leek-munchers :not worth:giruy2:

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-09-2015, 08:23 PM
'Sheep ****ging canon fodder' is the best quote I've read on here in a while :faf:

**** Butcher and **** the leek-munchers :not worth:giruy2:

I had just finished reading the thread on their site and was a bit riled. :-)

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-09-2015, 10:46 PM
That thread is something else. Like history repeating itself for us. Some folk just can't see it though. Apart from ICT, he's been sacked from every job he's had. There's even an ICT fan on the thread ripping into him ffs!!
The most tragic thing about the thread though is two Hearts fans getting involved. Even more tragic that they would only know the thread existed because they were creeping about on here first. No doubt the same guys that spend every day commenting on Hibs stories on EEN and Scotsman online. Absolutely pathetic way to live your life.

McKenzie
07-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Can still get 11/10 with betfair for the bully to take them down, assuming they keep him for the season it seems like a sound bet.

#FromTheCapital
07-09-2015, 07:22 AM
Can still get 11/10 with betfair for the bully to take them down, assuming they keep him for the season it seems like a sound bet.

He's on a 2 year deal and Newport are facing some dire financial problems at the moment. Not sure they have the money to sack him and bring a new management team in. Butcher isn't the type to walk away no matter how poorly he's doing either.

If anyone has any spare cash then it would seem a safe bet for Newport to finish bottom.

capitals_finest
07-09-2015, 08:09 AM
The most tragic thing about the thread though is two Hearts fans getting involved. Even more tragic that they would only know the thread existed because they were creeping about on here first. No doubt the same guys that spend every day commenting on Hibs stories on EEN and Scotsman online. Absolutely pathetic way to live your life.

The sort of sly wee twats that would creep up over the shoulder of bluenoses in a debate about something.

#FromTheCapital
07-09-2015, 08:25 AM
That thread is something else. Like history repeating itself for us. Some folk just can't see it though. Apart from ICT, he's been sacked from every job he's had. There's even an ICT fan on the thread ripping into him ffs!!

Haha there's even one whos trying to cover up the fact that they're a Jambo. 'A seasoned Scottish football fan' apparently. Roaster.

Jim44
07-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Haha there's even one whos trying to cover up the fact that they're a Jambo. 'A seasoned Scottish football fan' apparently. Roaster.

The names a giveaway - malingatheswinga. :greengrin. Mind you, I don't think he's really trying to cover up his alegiance.

Bostonhibby
07-09-2015, 10:50 AM
They were well seasoned by Romanov. Salted and peppered both sides before devouring whole. Pre greased for easier handling as well.

Hibernia&Alba
07-09-2015, 11:30 AM

Exactly, mate. Some of them are obsessed with Hibs, taking more interest in our team than theirs. Anything Hibs related and you can guarantee a few Yams will appear to add their inspired insight.

Mathias Jack
07-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Seen this yesterday :violin:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34167266

PatHead
07-09-2015, 11:51 AM

God, he has even got one player giving up the game completely! Some man management skills.

worcesterhibby
07-09-2015, 11:58 AM
perhaps the saddest thing of all to come out of Butchers tenure at Newport so far is that the young Irish defender Kevin Feeley has actually decided to give up being a professional footballer. Just a few weeks of Butcher has made him decide at the age of 23 to forget his dream and go back to ireland and go back to complete his education. Contract terminated by mutual agreement.

Danderhall Hibs
07-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Exactly, mate. Some of them are obsessed with Hibs, taking more interest in our team than theirs. Anything Hibs related and you can guarantee a few Yams will appear to add their inspired insight.

I though the “more illustrious neighbours” part was quite funny as they were talking about them getting relegated (before us). Any neutral/Newport fan reading will be thinking – WTF; they hold themselves in high regard.

And they’d be right of course.

Thecat23
07-09-2015, 12:19 PM
I'll be betting against them every week -1 goal while that clown is in charge.

KeithTheHibby
07-09-2015, 12:42 PM

Not at all, it is because the useless **** got us relegated whilst at the same time destroyed any morale within the team. **** him, hope he takes Newport down in record time.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-09-2015, 07:03 PM

Seen him. What an absolute weapon. I can't understand the mindset behind going to the hassle of registering an account to get involved in a debate that has NOTHING to do with your club, just to talk about your rivals AGAIN. Probably reading this right now as well. Hiya mate [emoji112] Good luck losing your virginity, whenever that may be.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-09-2015, 07:07 PM

Correct. Absolute weirdos. The ones that swarm the evening news site are by far the worst though. Worrying levels of obsession

Squealing pig
08-09-2015, 04:04 AM
Newport favourites this weekend although they aint won all season and never beat morcombe lol

IanM
10-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Newport favourites this weekend although they aint won all season and never beat morcombe lol

Was just about to post this.

Morecambe sitting 6th in Division 2 and are unbeaten this season, winning their last 3.

IanM
10-09-2015, 11:13 AM

Morecambe sitting 6th in Division 2 and have won their last 3.

Yeovil 2 - Morecambe 4
Morecambe 2 - Walsall 0
Morecambe 4 -1 Notts County

Bet Victor go 19/10 (best price, just under 2/1).

Think i'll do my coupon now and have a good single. 19/5 Halftime/Full time again with BV (just under 4/1)

#FromTheCapital
10-09-2015, 11:14 AM

Morecambe sitting 6th in Division 2 and are unbeaten this season, winning their last 3.

They've lost twice this season according to Sky sports. Still worth a bet at 15/8 against Newport though.

HappyHanlon
10-09-2015, 11:16 AM
15/8 on bet365 for Morecambe.

Absolute steal.

With regards to loan signings - why not try messrs Haynes and Boateng :rolleyes:

IanM
10-09-2015, 11:16 AM
They've lost twice this season according to Sky sports. Still worth a bet at 15/8 against Newport though.

yeah they have, deleted that and started again haha.. didn't see their previous results on the screen

#FromTheCapital
10-09-2015, 11:18 AM
yeah they have, deleted that and started again haha.. didn't see their previous results on the screen

Haha no worries. I'll be putting some cash on this before the bookies realise what a cock-up they've made.

IanM
10-09-2015, 11:23 AM

he released 13 players!!! he only has himself to blame... absolute roaster

Bad Martini
10-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Getting another team playing badly, losing all self esteem, having players give up the game altogether and losing all your fans as you get a bad team relegated takes away the fear of getting another team playing badly, losing all self esteem, having players give up the game altogether and losing all your fans as you get a bad team relegated.

Meantime, if reincarnation existed, it would make me laugh if Terrence Butcher was reincarnated as himself. Takes away the fear of being reincarnated as a hopeless, gormless big dopey ******** with little in the way of footballing acumen and with a penchant for shouting loudly to anyone who will (or wont) listen whilst saying absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever.

Bawbag.

Bostonhibby
10-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Morecambe now dropped to 8/5 with paddy power. Still taking it as seems generous.

iwasthere1972
10-09-2015, 12:09 PM
1 point from six games. Obviously improved since he was with us.

CallumLaidlaw
10-09-2015, 01:05 PM
1 point from six games. Obviously improved since he was with us.

To be fair, Butcher actually got 13 points from his first 8 games in charge. But he then went on to ammass 7 points from the next 17 games. The poor Newport fans think 1pt in 6 is bad. Wait till the players start playing how he wants them to!!!

Danderhall Hibs
10-09-2015, 01:13 PM
To be fair, Butcher actually got 13 points from his first 8 games in charge. But he then went on to ammass 7 points from the next 17 games. The poor Newport fans think 1pt in 6 is bad. Wait till the players start playing how he wants them to!!!

Thing is “kick and rush” is the most effective way of playing in the English lower leagues.

As good as their fans have been told their football is it is actually murder and is all about how big and athletic you are rather than how technical you are.

When they’re playing his way and bashing it into the corners then crossing it in they might do ok?

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-09-2015, 01:41 PM
£20 HT-FT for me before the inevitible price collapse! :-)

Bostonhibby
10-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Wondering if the bookies know something we don't. Paddy power now have Morecambe at 7/4. Newport have to fail to lose sometime but wouldn't have seen Morecambe as this long odds?

Dunbar Hibee
10-09-2015, 10:17 PM
Wondering if the bookies know something we don't. Paddy power now have Morecambe at 7/4. Newport have to fail to lose sometime but wouldn't have seen Morecambe as this long odds?

Aye, I got them at 9/4. Also baffled as to how Charlton are even money at home to Rotherham!

#FromTheCapital
11-09-2015, 06:23 AM

Reminds me of the last two derbies of butchers stint at Hibs. Hearts were priced at 3/1 for the ER game and 2/1 for the Tynecastle game. Hearts were starting to pick up a bit of form after they had accepted their inevitable relegation and hibs..... Well the less said about that the better. Hate to admit it but I lumped on hearts for both games and got a decent payday from what were essentially free money bets. Just goes to show that the bookies don't pay as much attention to games in lower leagues, or at least they don't know the full facts.

This is a bit different seeing as Newport are sitting bottom of the league. But I reckon the bookies just haven't looked into Butchers history as manager and have priced in favour of the home team (Newport).

As a side note the odds on Bet 365 have went even longer to 2/1.

Bostonhibby
11-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Reminds me of the last two derbies of butchers stint at Hibs. Hearts were priced at 3/1 for the ER game and 2/1 for the Tynecastle game. Hearts were starting to pick up a bit of form after they had accepted their inevitable relegation and hibs..... Well the less said about that the better. Hate to admit it but I lumped on hearts for both games and got a decent payday from what were essentially free money bets. Just goes to show that the bookies don't pay as much attention to games in lower leagues, or at least they don't know the full facts.

This is a bit different seeing as Newport are sitting bottom of the league. But I reckon the bookies just haven't looked into Butchers history as manager and have priced in favour of the home team (Newport).

As a side note the odds on Bet 365 have went even longer to 2/1.
I think you are right about the pricing. I have a bet365 account and have made enough on this one already to have another slice.Will check the current odds.
Never bet on or against hibs, just can't do it!

Bostonhibby
12-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Been reinvesting some of my previous winnings here by taking some of the generous odds available on Morecambe - been lucky enough to get Reading and ICT up on a treble so just needing Newport to fail again - if Morecambe win there will be plenty for a KFK ticket as I have a few earlier single bets on them as well- its the least Tel can provide - fingers x'd - had plenty singles up recently but not a treble for a while.

Sergey
12-09-2015, 10:14 AM
The odds are now shortening on Morecambe and 15/8 is top price.

13 goals scored in their last 4 matches is a decent strike rate for any club, while poor wee Newport have amassed 3 goals in their last 5 matches.

That 15/8 looks a decent price and I'm tempted with the 7/2 for Morecambe HT/FT

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-09-2015, 02:57 PM
1-0 Morecambe, keep up the good work Tel!

Jim44
12-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Butcher's boys one down at HT.

Northernhibee
12-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Morcambe have had one attempt at goal and that was enough to flummox Butcher's defense. Great stuff:thumbsup:

Jack Hackett
12-09-2015, 03:08 PM
The Butchers Boys must be absolutely fearless by now.