PDA

View Full Version : Turnstile Access

MountcastleHibs
09-08-2015, 07:07 PM
Don't suppose anyone knows how long the turnstiles stay open for after kick off? I have a training course for work on Saturday that finishes at 3pm so would be looking to get to Easter Road just in time for half time, will they still be open? Thanks in advance!

Billy Whizz
09-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Don't suppose anyone knows how long the turnstiles stay open for after kick off? I have a training course for work on Saturday that finishes at 3pm so would be looking to get to Easter Road just in time for half time, will they still be open? Thanks in advance!

All the smokers head out of the East at half time, not sure what stand you're in though

Sir David Gray
09-08-2015, 07:09 PM

They let people out at half time for a smoke so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get in when all the smokers are coming back in, in time for the second half.

MountcastleHibs
09-08-2015, 07:09 PM
All the smokers head out of the East at half time, not sure what stand you're in though

Yeah I'm the East. Do you get scanned in and out or do they shut the gates at the bottom?

Billy Whizz
09-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Yeah I'm the East. Do you get scanned in and out or do they shut the gates at the bottom?

Not sure as I'm not a smoker, I'm sure someone on here will let you know how it works

liamh2202
09-08-2015, 07:34 PM
There are stewards on every fire door mate. If the turnstiles are shut kick a firedoor and you will be let in

danhibees1875
10-08-2015, 10:31 AM
They used to keep one gate open until half time back when I worked as a steward.

iwasthere1972
10-08-2015, 11:34 AM

Scanned out and scanned in in the FF and West Stands. Don't know what happens in the East so probably not much help to you.

If anything I've bumped the thread up to the top. :wink:

Gettin' Auld
10-08-2015, 11:56 AM
You get scanned out of the East and use the open turnstyles to scan yourself back again. The gates at the bottom were closed against the currents but not locked, as there was a steward there letting a few people in and out.

DH1875
10-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Yeah they just scan your ticket on the way out and you use the turnstyles to get back in (in the east)

MountcastleHibs
10-08-2015, 03:54 PM
You get scanned out of the East and use the open turnstyles to scan yourself back again. The gates at the bottom were closed against the currents but not locked, as there was a steward there letting a few people in and out.

That's good to hear! Like I said, I'll be there no later than half time so shouldn't have any problems! Thanks to all for their help.