PDA

View Full Version : John McGinn

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-08-2015, 04:44 PM
How did he look when he got on yesterday? Wasn't there but would be good to know how he done for the time he was on for. (Sorry if posted elsewhere)

God Petrie
09-08-2015, 04:57 PM
He looked excellent to be honest. Sprayed a few nice balls about and looked up for it.

GreenArmyyy!
09-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Don't really have an opinion on him from yesterday to be honest, the game was too frantic and desperate by the time he came on IMO.

Stuarty27
09-08-2015, 08:28 PM
He was terrific when he came on yesterday.

Always positive and looked to pass forward.

IMO he will grab games by the scruff of the neck and be a top player for us this season,

The only positive from yesterday performance.

HappyHanlon
10-08-2015, 11:09 AM
He will be a top player for us.

Sprayed the ball about and has an eye for a pass.

He's the only positive from Saturday

Shrekko
10-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Don't really have an opinion on him from yesterday to be honest, the game was too frantic and desperate by the time he came on IMO.

The fact it was frantic made him stand out even more- that he could come on and look a class above anybody else on the pitch. He was absolutely superb, and is surprisingly strong for a small guy.

WeeRussell
10-08-2015, 11:30 AM
The first satisfying thing I've read RE Hibs since Saturday's terrible result. Good to hear and hopefully continues to shine as he plays a more prominent role in the team :aok:

Seveno
10-08-2015, 12:08 PM
He looks class. Eager to get on the ball, at ease on it and quick to see the pass. He will make a big difference to the team and an excellent investment. Well done Hibs.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-08-2015, 12:12 PM
Set a standard for other players who have been here much longer, to follow.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Must start on Sat. Martin dropping out I would guess

calumhibee1
10-08-2015, 12:36 PM

I thought Martin played well against Dumbarton. Would be more inclined to drop Fyvie after his performance although I do realise that over the season our midfield is likely to be McGinn Allan Fyvie and Bartley so could see why we might drop Martin.

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 04:45 PM

Why should Martin be dropped?

3pm
10-08-2015, 04:47 PM

He shouldn't but if he's prepared to sub him at 55 mins when he wasn't the worst then it stands to reason he'll drop out?

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 04:58 PM
He shouldn't but if he's prepared to sub him at 55 mins when he wasn't the worst then it stands to reason he'll drop out?

Did he pick a knock up?

3pm
10-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Did he pick a knock up?

I dunno? Seemed OK to me.

I agree with your initial point - I just think dropping the young lads are the easiest option in professional football, certainly to begin with.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-08-2015, 05:01 PM

I've been really impressed with Martin and got high hopes for the lad. I still think he's one for the future though. I think Allan, Bartley, Fyvie and McGinn is currently the strongest 4 we can put out. That's obviously putting the Allan mess to one side, who knows what will have happened with that by the time we roll up to Ibrox [emoji57]

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 05:02 PM

I agree with your initial point - I just think dropping the young lads are the easiest option in professional football, certainly to begin with.

Never noticed a knock either. Fyvie would have seemed the right choice to come off on Sat....

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-08-2015, 05:03 PM

This is what I'm thinking as well. Not saying Martin deserves to lose his place, more just I think he will

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 05:03 PM
I've been really impressed with Martin and got high hopes for the lad. I still think he's one for the future though. I think Allan, Bartley, Fyvie and McGinn is currently the strongest 4 we can put out. That's obviously putting the Allan mess to one side, who knows what will have happened with that by the time we roll up to Ibrox [emoji57]

Be interesting to see who lines up in midfield in next two games, that's for sure.....

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Be interesting to see who lines up in midfield in next two games, that's for sure.....

We could do with getting a settled midfield certainly. Who knows what Stubbs will do with Allan at Ibrox though?

3pm
10-08-2015, 05:05 PM
Never noticed a knock either. Fyvie would have seemed the right choice to come off on Sat....

Totally agree. Fyvie hasn't started this season yet IMO.

My only thing I'd say in defence of Stubbs was that McGinn pointed to Fyvie about sitting deeper. I suspect that Fyvie's better use of the ball gave him the edge knowing he'd be in possession a bit more when Dumbarton sat a bit deeper as the game progressed?

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 05:11 PM

My only thing I'd say in defence of Stubbs was that McGinn pointed to Fyvie about sitting deeper. I suspect that Fyvie's better use of the ball gave him the edge knowing he'd be in possession a bit more when Dumbarton sat a bit deeper as the game progressed?

Fair point R.....

Billy Whizz
10-08-2015, 05:12 PM

I thought in the 1st half against Rangers, Fyvie was the best man on the park

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 05:14 PM
We could do with getting a settled midfield certainly. Who knows what Stubbs will do with Allan at Ibrox though?

Difficult one, probably with the orcs cheering his every touch.....Don't envy his decision on this one....

3pm
10-08-2015, 05:16 PM
I thought in the 1st half against Rangers, Fyvie was the best man on the park

Cool Billy! :aok:

southern hibby
10-08-2015, 05:19 PM

100% agree, or as I said in another thread. Fyvie into Bartlets position Bartlett off and Stanton into Fyvie's.

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
10-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Difficult one, probably with the orcs cheering his every touch.....Don't envy his decision on this one....

You're sitting on the fence

Brightside
10-08-2015, 05:28 PM

That 4 still has no width.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-08-2015, 07:45 PM
That 4 still has no width.

Agreed. Carmichael and Boyle don't seem to be fully fit yet though

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-08-2015, 07:48 PM

Especially if they were to get the first goal

3pm
10-08-2015, 07:49 PM

Play him.