PDA

View Full Version : Positivity

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Well well well.

The season is over if you read the majority of posters on here.....

Me, I will try and remain positive, given we have played ONE league game, and have 35 left...

Sorry if my positivity upsets anyone, or my being a blind happy clapper does also....However, people are entitled to disregard my positive posts and add me to their ignore lists....

Me I will try to remain focussed on the whole season, the injured players returning, the results being attained, and being there or there abouts at the season end....

Keep the faith...... :flag::flag:

FromTheCapital
09-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Some of the posts on here are just ridiculous. Aye we were shocking yesterday but by no means is the season over! Thump Morton at ER next week and get back to business before we head to Ibrox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frazerbob
09-08-2015, 09:56 AM
The problem is, being "there or there abouts at the season end" isn't good enough. We need to be "there", nothing less will do. The lottery of the play-offs isn't good enough and we have made the worst possible start. Throw into the mix Rangers looking a FAR better team than last year and our squad being badly affected by the Scott Allan situation and I really don't see much to be positive about. Yes, history should tell us to calm down.......its all very similar to the feeling after loosing to Stranraer on week 2 of the Great Adventure and we came through that OK but we didn't have Rangers to compete with and it wasn't our 2nd year down. We can't afford many more results like yesterday.

GreenLake
09-08-2015, 09:58 AM
We have a few new players who might do well this year if they get to play.

Regular players don't seem to fear being dropped but I have a feeling this will change after the next team selection.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no competition for Hanlon and Fontaine.

Forza Fred
09-08-2015, 10:26 AM
Guess it depends on what the definition of "thereabouts" is.

If it is making the play offs, then yes, That expectation I would be prepared to put money on.

However, as others have said, I don't think other teams 'fear' us as they perhaps once did, and we are going to have to improve on our two competitive performances so far this season to be sure of that.

matty_f
09-08-2015, 10:39 AM
Some of the posts yesterday were as laughable and poor as the result was.

The Rangers have win the league already, none of our players are fit, pre-season wasn't up to it, we're soft from top to bottom again, Stubbs is clueless, the players hopeless, etc etc etc...

There is no dressing up of yesterday's result. It was a shocker, and the worst possible start to the season. If we win our next two games though we're right back in it.

How likely is that? Well, we'll see how the team bounce back on Saturday.

bobbyhibs1983
09-08-2015, 11:03 AM
i can understand where the O.P is coming from but at hibs we SHOULD be aiming to win the league, i dont think there is any question of that.
As it stands after 1 game we are 3 points worse off than rangers, whcih means either rangers must lose a game where WE win, or WE need to BEAT rangers to draw level on points with them.
now considering we got beat by a part time team and the rangers beat a team whom are professional but got relegated last season, it does worry alot of people.

Only WE can can decide to go up or not, we must win pretty much 95%+ of our games remaining(imo) if we are to go up, simple as that

stantonhibby
09-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Some of the posts yesterday were as laughable and poor as the result was.

The Rangers have win the league already, none of our players are fit, pre-season wasn't up to it, we're soft from top to bottom again, Stubbs is clueless, the players hopeless, etc etc etc...

There is no dressing up of yesterday's result. It was a shocker, and the worst possible start to the season. If we win our next two games though we're right back in it.

How likely is that? Well, we'll see how the team bounce back on Saturday.

Not forgetting.....it's Petrie's fault, George Craig's, we'll be in this league for 10 yrs, Stubbs will be sacked, Rangers won't drop any points.....I'm sure I've missed some.

matty_f
09-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Not forgetting.....it's Petrie's fault, George Craig's, we'll be in this league for 10 yrs, Stubbs will be sacked, Rangers won't drop any points.....I'm sure I've missed some.

Don't think we've blamed the fans yet either so should probably chuck that in there too. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-08-2015, 11:14 AM
"Lunatic#7" blamed the fans who attended yesterday. Seemingly we are all losers.

Thecat23
09-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Do I think we are good enough to win the league.. On The Rangers game and yesterday's game no. Do I think we will finish 2nd yes!

Our failings from last year are still there and the Allan thing really has been a shambles.

What worries me was the prep for this season, it's wasn't good at all and the signing of injured players is baffling. The Rangers will drop points through the season that's a cert, but so will we and that's why beating teams like Dumbarton is crucial.

Having a go at posters who raised genuine concern maybe makes you feel a better Hibby I don't know, but I'm worried we start like we did last season and it's tough to claw the points back. You just can't keep posting positive threads every single time, sometimes you need to actually see what's happening on the field and think we simply aren't good enough. Not a case of fans writing us off but that we should be better prepared!

emerald green
09-08-2015, 02:42 PM
If the Hibs team starts winning matches on a regular basis, and stop turning out results and performances like yesterday, then that will give the supporters something to be "positive" about.

Nobody seriously expects Hibs to win every week lol - not even the greatest teams in the world can do that - but if Hibs can more or less do what I describe in my first sentence then this forum will be awash with "positive" posts. Guaranteed.

Until then, if results continue like yesterday...