PDA

View Full Version : Triple sessions?

madhatter
09-08-2015, 09:08 AM
I think it is about time our players were made to do double and triple sessions. If they aren't doing any triple sessions then I'm astounded as we keep getting told "we must go up" from all involved at the club but if you "must" do something you should surely push harder??? We were thrashed by Rangers and beaten by a part-time team if that doesn't call for a re-think then I don't know what does...

St Mirren looked far better than us against Rangers ffs!

Stokesy's on fire
09-08-2015, 09:30 AM
I think it is about time our players were made to do double and triple sessions. If they aren't doing any triple sessions then I'm astounded as we keep getting told "we must go up" from all involved at the club but if you "must" do something you should surely push harder??? We were thrashed by Rangers and beaten by a part-time team if that doesn't call for a re-think then I don't know what does...

Not being funny but didn't Terry Butcher try these extra sessions and they back fired?

number9dream
09-08-2015, 09:37 AM
That Dutch fitness guru that was having a pop at Stubbs was quoted saying all triple sessions do is encourage slow football...
There is an intensity missing from our play, as many others have pointed out.
Can you coach that or is it down to personality?
How many guys in the squad have "the right stuff"?

Forza Fred
09-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Not being funny but didn't Terry Butcher try these extra sessions and they back fired?

Dunno what he did at Hibs, but still recall the newspaper article when he was in charge of Sydney Fc where it was alleged that the players put on an extra training session because they felt they weren't being pushed hard enough.

silverhibee
09-08-2015, 11:38 AM

Maybe TheCat can confirm that Warburton has his players in training until 4-5 o'clock most days through the week.

They don't look sluggish, they look like they will cruise this season like the tramps did last year.

I do believe the Allan saga isn't helping things either, I would sell him and get him away from ER, just my thoughts though.