PDA

View Full Version : Have the west coast media and sevco won?

Libby Hibby
09-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Well, have they? Our team have not started the way we wanted, the team look lethargic, no apparent cohesion between players, fans and management, supporters arguing with each other, for the last 3 weeks it's been all about one player instead of the team, have we even heard from anyone else in our team, even our captain regarding our chances? We are questioning body language, tactics and the squad. It was their ultimate end goal.

Their objective was to take Allan away from Hibs, disrupt the clubs preparations for the season to hopefully gain Sevco an advantage and they have succeeded in the 1st game to date.

Are we, as a club, going to let it continue?

Like it or not the SA situation needs nipped in the bud. Either sell him to anyone bar Sevco or get him to retract his request or he simply does not play. Playing a player, regardless of how important, that publically doesn't want to be there WILL have an affect on the squad as a whole.

Hibs, sort the SA scenario, pronto and I'm sure we'll be fine.

Kaiserclem
09-08-2015, 08:12 AM
Yes yes yes. That's what they set out to do and it has worked. We should not be playing a player who has handed in a written transfer request, which say's he does not want to be here and play for the club. Nobody should be getting treated "exactly the same and I don;t have a problem with him" as Stubbs say's. He has done two tv interviews saying he wants to repay Stubbs and the coaching staff by seeing out his contract and get us promotion, then hands in a transfer request. Sell him. Stubbs should be raging / disappointed in a player saying one thing one minute then handing in a transfer request. Stubbs must know this disrupts the changing room and upset the club / fans. sell him and get the doom and gloom sorted NOW. Niave from Stubbs IMO and putting him on the bench for two games after it was gutless. I am honestly a Stubbs fan but losing it quickly with how he still say's he get son great with Allan lol comical really. make a stance and show your authority. I fyou don;t want to play for us, cheerio!

Kaiserclem
09-08-2015, 08:12 AM
Well, have they? Our team have not started the way we wanted, the team look lethargic, no apparent cohesion between players, fans and management, supporters arguing with each other, for the last 3 weeks it's been all about one player instead of the team, have we even heard from anyone else in our team, even our captain regarding our chances? We are questioning body language, tactics and the squad. It was their ultimate end goal.

Their objective was to take Allan away from Hibs, disrupt the clubs preparations for the season to hopefully gain Sevco an advantage and they have succeeded in the 1st game to date.

Like it or not the SA situation needs nipped in the bud. Either sell him to anyone bar Sevco or get him to retract his request or he simply does not play. Playing a player, regardless of how important, that publically doesn't want to be there WILL have an affect on the squad as a whole.

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Alfred E Newman
09-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Building a team round a player who doesn't want to be here and would rather play for your main rivals is madness. Unless he comes out and says something to the contrary, get rid of him as quick as possible.

GreenLake
09-08-2015, 08:20 AM
Their corrupt alliance will have won this battle if we lose the league to The Rangers.

We have a chance to do something about that in 35 matches to come.

:gwa:

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 08:23 AM
No, whilst the media attention has been way over the top, and the rangers playing games being totally underhand, that had nothing to do with us losing yesterday, not one jot......

liamh2202
09-08-2015, 08:25 AM
What difference is retracting it going to make? People said it would all depend on his attitude, now that his attitude on the pitch has been spot on suddenly that isn't good enough? If he retracts it that does not mean he wants to stay . he will get accused of it being staged. At the end of the day now the lad can't win.

Stokesy's on fire
09-08-2015, 08:29 AM

The media love sevco
They can only win if we let them win.

Waxy
09-08-2015, 08:31 AM
Building a team round a player who doesn't want to be here and would rather play for your main rivals is madness. Unless he comes out and says something to the contrary, get rid of him as quick as possible.Said that at the time.If he wants to go to Rangers next year it's in his best interest to want rangers winning the league this year.How did we do yesterday?

Ozyhibby
09-08-2015, 08:31 AM
No and I don't see what whining about it would achieve anyway.
Scott Allan is not the problem.
We are not scoring enough goals and our defence is weak under the slightest bit of pressure. We play a very narrow game with no wingers and our build up play is so slow that it give lesser teams plenty time to get behind the ball.
All these problems have nothing to do with the press. Are problems are closer to home and that's where our focus should be.

Eyrie
09-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Said that at the time.If he wants to go to Rangers next year it's in his best interest to want rangers winning the league this year.How did we do yesterday?
According to those who were there, Allan was one of our better players yesterday.

GreenArmyyy!
09-08-2015, 10:18 AM
According to those who were there, Allan was one of our better players yesterday.

He was the best player for around 60 minutes then IMO his attitude completely changed, he never made a run and to be honest looked like he was almost avoiding touching the ball. His body language looked disinterested and was walking around shaking his head a lot, now he may just have been annoyed at his performance but wasn't good to see. I have stuck by Allan through this but didn't like what I saw yesterday one bit.

rcarter1
09-08-2015, 10:20 AM

Its a team game though. If the rest of the team aren't playing as a unit, SA performance is neither here nor there. From where I am sitting, Scott Alan is motivated by the prospect of leaving us for Rangers. Does he really want Hibs to beat Rangers to the league? No absolutely not. He tries hard and plays well - but he wants to leave us and play for Rangers. Its his single most important motivating factor. What is the teams?

For me the sooner he goes and we focus on the club the better.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-08-2015, 11:20 AM

If winning is getting into the heads of us supporters then that's up to each and every one of us. If some folks are cracking and handing it to them THEM then that's no the team, SA or AS problem it's theirs. It's a divide and conquer scheme IMO played out on a number of levels but we have a duty to let AS manage us through this. Yesterday didn't help but let's get back home and to winning ways and test our mettle against the unwashed...

DH1875
09-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Building a team round a player who doesn't want to be here and would rather play for your main rivals is madness. Unless he comes out and says something to the contrary, get rid of him as quick as possible.

Am I missing something. Was he not one of our better players yesterday?

Libby Hibby
09-08-2015, 11:41 AM

I think he was but the point perhaps some are trying to make is that there is a player playing in the starting 11 who doesn't want to be at ER, that may irk some of the squad regardless of how 'professional' SA is being.

Sir David Gray
09-08-2015, 11:44 AM

That really wouldn't have been too difficult.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-08-2015, 12:08 PM
As Lebowski would say Scott Allan really ties the team together but he is not the issue here...

The issue for me has outgrown a mere player in this moment It's about how Hibs will treat and be treated in this situation from here on in.

Ronniekirk
09-08-2015, 01:07 PM
He was the best player for around 60 minutes then IMO his attitude completely changed, he never made a run and to be honest looked like he was almost avoiding touching the ball. His body language looked disinterested and was walking around shaking his head a lot, now he may just have been annoyed at his performance but wasn't good to see. I have stuck by Allan through this but didn't like what I saw yesterday one bit.

He won't be 100% match fit so probably a combination of tiring ,and watching the team in general struggle to get back into the game . It has been said before at times we seem to reliant on him making things happen and if he doesn't others have to take on more responsibility to be creative .Mcginn has that in his locker ,not really sure about Carmichael and where he will fit in and we know an on form Boyle can create .

ekhibee
09-08-2015, 01:14 PM
I'm sorry, but are we really so fragile a team that the Scott Allan situation has affected every player? Allan was our best player yesterday, even allowing for all the media hype surrounding him, it's the other players that let us down yesterday, particularly the defence. Although I'm a great believer in Stubbs, and what he's trying to do, the one signing I still don't agree with was Oxley, who's dodgy at the best of times. Even when he makes a great save, and he has made 1 or 2, he's not a keeper that I have ever had much confidence in. Also, I hope the likes of Fontaine and Fyvie don't turn out like McGivern, a good player when he was on loan but then we signed him permanently and he was rank rotten. Okay, it's just the first game of the season and we were slow starters last season too, but it's going to be a long season unless we get our injured players back quite soon. Carmichael for example, because we don't seem to have enough width at the moment. Early days though, it might just give those players, and up to an extent the manager, the kick up the arse that they need after all the talk about hitting the ground running.