PDA

View Full Version : 3 years in the second tier.

Not In The Know
08-08-2015, 10:14 PM
It's not beyond the unthinkable.

GreenArmyyy!
08-08-2015, 10:15 PM
Stop it.

Baldy Foghorn
08-08-2015, 10:15 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reconstruction?:cb

greenpaper55
08-08-2015, 10:17 PM
I always said that Farmer and Petrie would not care if we spent forever in the second tier as long as it was not costing them money, i never thought it would happen mind you but it's a distinct possibility.

J-C
08-08-2015, 10:18 PM
Not as long as league reconstructions happens next season.

IberianHibernian
08-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Of course it`s not unthinkable but after 1 match out of 36 , 38 , 40 or 42 still lots of time for things to change .

BIGK
08-08-2015, 10:28 PM
If last season you were forced at gun point to put a bet of a whole months wages on who would be promoted last out of Hibs , Hearts and The Rangers. Where would you have put your money?

My money would have went on one team which is really sad for me to say.

Michael
08-08-2015, 10:30 PM
But will it matter in 20 years time after our 3rd consecutive champions league victory?

KWJ
08-08-2015, 10:34 PM
If last season you were forced at gun point to put a bet of a whole months wages on who would be promoted last out of Hibs , Hearts and The Rangers. Where would you have put your money?

Sadly have to agree with this. Worst possible time to be relegated.

MrSmith
08-08-2015, 10:36 PM
Lots of jumbos on tonight!

IberianHibernian
08-08-2015, 10:36 PM

My money would have went on one team which is really sad for me to say.Wouldn`t have needed a gun but you forgot to mention that we finisheed above The Rangers and that Hearts had been preparing for Championship 14 / 15 since June 2014 or before and even then we looked the better team against both clubs . More importantly our club does not have tarnished image of Hearts and The Rangers . And even more importantly , the league has just started and we still hope to be promoted .

MWHIBBIES
08-08-2015, 10:37 PM
More unthinkable than backing the team to promotion?

KWJ
08-08-2015, 10:41 PM
Wouldn`t have needed a gun but you forgot to mention that we finisheed above The Rangers and that Hearts had been preparing for Championship 14 / 15 since June 2014 or before and even then we looked the better team against both clubs . More importantly our club does not have tarnished image of Hearts and The Rangers . And even more importantly , the league has just started and we still hope to be promoted .

All true, but that wasn't the point being made.

McKenzie
08-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Still 35 more games to go, don't get too down.

BIGK
08-08-2015, 10:51 PM

That, as a life long Hibby, is a given. Promotion by any means is all this season is about. What has got me a bit down today is that in spite of myself I really fancied us to win the league this year. I know that if we win 90% of the next games this season we will probably win the league. Problem is that history tells me that if we have a bad start to a season we never seem to get where we want to be at the end of it.

IberianHibernian
08-08-2015, 10:59 PM
All true, but that wasn't the point being made.What was the point being made ? That promotion is not guaranteed ? That`s obvious and of course we can`t guarantee a play offs place let alone promotion .

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 11:01 PM

I'm not sure I get this? I'm sure everyone who bought a ST will still be there backing the boys. It's crossed my mind that if we don't get reconstruction then we may well face a third year here.

A full house at ER won't make Hibs or the players better. Cutting out basic errors will though.

Sir David Gray
08-08-2015, 11:29 PM
I said this at the time and I was shouted down by a great number of people on here but I stand by my thoughts - Motherwell beating Sevco in the play offs last season was the worst possible outcome for us. I'm not saying that having the likes of Motherwell and St Mirren to contend with this season would have been a walk in the park but Sevco were never going to be the basket case that they were for the majority of last season and they appear to have recruited quite well during the summer transfer window.

I still hold out hope that we can win this league this season but if I'm being honest with myself, I expect Sevco to top the table and for us to face the lottery of the play offs yet again.

Onion
08-08-2015, 11:36 PM
Getting out of this league in 3 years might yet be an achievement at this rate.

GreenCastle
08-08-2015, 11:41 PM
Not as long as league reconstructions happens next season.

As far as I'm aware it has to be voted before a season starts.

Would be very surprised if they did it mid season - plus if sevco win the league then they have the OF matches again.

Would rather get out league by winning it.

KWJ
08-08-2015, 11:42 PM
What was the point being made ? That promotion is not guaranteed ? That`s obvious and of course we can`t guarantee a play offs place let alone promotion .

That life depending on it if you had to say who'd be the last to be promoted back to the top flight of Hibs, Hearts and Rangers you'd say Hibs.

Heisenberg
08-08-2015, 11:43 PM
We aren't good enough to go up this year either. So weak at the back its unbelievable. We are still the same predictable side going forward as well. Lots of possession but no cutting edge.

DH1875
08-08-2015, 11:44 PM

Rangers??? Either way, you'd have lost your money. Anyone who says they saw the yams running away with the league the way they did is a liar.

Ozyhibby
08-08-2015, 11:49 PM
Hibs fans praying for reconstruction? Embarrassing.
Do we want everything gifted to us?

bill the hibby
09-08-2015, 12:28 AM
Think today's result will take its toll next week, our first match of the season at ER will be played in front of an embarrassingly low crowd, of that im sure. Dire straights just now.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Stop it.

infinityLike

Viva_Palmeiras
09-08-2015, 12:50 AM
Think today's result will take its toll next week, our first match of the season at ER will be played in front of an embarrassingly low crowd, of that im sure. Dire straights just now.

Are folks trying to outdo each other on the wrist slitting stakes? You might just be in pole. And yup I know where the ignore button is.

Pete
09-08-2015, 12:50 AM

Nah. You're at it.

You've been negative from the moment you've joined and a genuine hibs fan would at least bring something to the board before having digs like this. You're either a hearts or Sevco fan who thinks they are being smart.

You've had your fun now do one.

DH1875
09-08-2015, 12:57 AM

Yes please.

Some folks on here might not like this bit 3 years in this division could all but kill us as a club IMO.

Ozyhibby
09-08-2015, 01:05 AM
Yes please.

Some folks on here might not like this bit 3 years in this division could all but kill us as a club IMO.

What would be the point in going back up before we sort ourselves out? We are still playing this slow, boring non offensive football.

Pete
09-08-2015, 01:10 AM
Yes please.

Kill us as a club?

Come on. We'd just come back as Sevco hibs.

HoboHarry
09-08-2015, 01:21 AM
Yes please.

Aye aye right you are. Seem to recall hearing this last year too when we were going to get relegated after the first couple of games. :rolleyes:

matty_f
09-08-2015, 01:23 AM
I have to say, as pissed off as I am at the result and the apparent manner of the defeat, I do think folk are going way overboard with the reaction.

Three years in this league, dying as a club, weak from top to bottom, unfit, bla bla bla...

We needed to win yesterday, but didn't do it. We have along season ahead to make up those three points.

FFS, on Friday we were talking about how we had nothing to fear from The Rangers, now we've written the league off and are fearing for the future. It's ****ing mental.

Take nothing away from yesterday being a sore one, but ffs, it hardly signals the complete end of either our title aspirations or promotion hopes.

We could rename this place melodrama.net sometimes.

DH1875
09-08-2015, 01:26 AM
Aye aye right you are. Seem to recall hearing this last year too when we were going to get relegated after the first couple of games. :rolleyes:

We were and are never in any danger of being relegated feom this division though. A 3rd year in this division and watch our crowds and budget drop BIG time. Not to mention the whole crap of going through a whole new management team and squad.

Pete
09-08-2015, 01:28 AM
I have to say, as pissed off as I am at the result and the apparent manner of the defeat, I do think folk are going way overboard with the reaction.

Three years in this league, dying as a club, weak from top to bottom, unfit, bla bla bla...

We needed to win yesterday, but didn't do it. We have along season ahead to make up those three points.

FFS, on Friday we were talking about how we had nothing to fear from The Rangers, now we've written the league off and are fearing for the future. It's ****ing mental.

Take nothing away from yesterday being a sore one, but ffs, it hardly signals the complete end of either our title aspirations or promotion hopes.

:agree:

Dyingswan.net

Velma Dinkley
09-08-2015, 01:31 AM
We were and are never in any danger of being relegated feom this division though. A 3rd year in this division and watch our crowds and budget drop BIG time. Not to mention the whole crap of going through a whole new management team and squad.

We could spend 10 years in this division. It's not unthinkable lol

Ozyhibby
09-08-2015, 01:32 AM

What it does show is that we need to get out a*** in gear this week and get players in.
We need strengthened in defence and attack. We can't afford to take chances hoping Farid will get fit and Malonga and Cummings are not good enough to cover up for the fact that we have no goals in our midfield.
There is a lot to be done and we can't afford to wait any longer.
Will they act this week? I doubt it.

Pete
09-08-2015, 01:34 AM

I'm sorry but if you think that's not unthinkable then there are strong drugs at play here.

10 years. That has to be a board record.

Big_Franck
09-08-2015, 01:35 AM

Totally agree. Looking at our squad and the rangers' squad I'd still say if we add another defender that can play in a couple of position that we've got the better squad.

That said they need to start showing it and fast.

Velma Dinkley
09-08-2015, 01:37 AM
What it does show is that we need to get out a*** in gear this week and get players in.
We need strengthened in defence and attack. We can't afford to take chances hoping Farid will get fit and Malonga and Cummings are not good enough to cover up for the fact that we have no goals in our midfield.
There is a lot to be done and we can't afford to wait any longer.
Will they act this week? I doubt it.

I actually think they will sign someone really good this week to make you happy. It's important. They will most likely sign 2 defenders and a winger tomorrow actually

Speedy
09-08-2015, 01:53 AM
I'm sorry but if you think that's not unthinkable then there are strong drugs at play here.

10 years. That has to be a board record.

:agree:

If you think that's unthinkable, you need to start thinking about what you're thinking about...:confused:

calamitus
09-08-2015, 03:45 AM
We've lost 1 game in a cup that literally about a hundred people care about. We've also lost 1 league game when we had about 30% of our first team injured. Let's see how we're doing after a couple of months.Not time to drink the kool-aid just yet.

California-Hibs
09-08-2015, 04:08 AM
I said this at the time and I was shouted down by a great number of people on here but I stand by my thoughts - Motherwell beating Sevco in the play offs last season was the worst possible outcome for us. I'm not saying that having the likes of Motherwell and St Mirren to contend with this season would have been a walk in the park but Sevco were never going to be the basket case that they were for the majority of last season and they appear to have recruited quite well during the summer transfer window.

I still hold out hope that we can win this league this season but if I'm being honest with myself, I expect Sevco to top the table and for us to face the lottery of the play offs yet again.

My thoughts exactly.

Steve20
09-08-2015, 04:41 AM
Looks like the Hibs management are thinking its league reconstruction as well. It's the only explanation as to why we are so under prepared for this season.

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2015, 05:08 AM
Looks like the Hibs management are thinking its league reconstruction as well. It's the only explanation as to why we are so under prepared for this season.No, injuries are the reason we are unprepared, we signed quality players early in the window, not the boards fault they are hurt.

HFC 0-7
09-08-2015, 05:15 AM
No, injuries are the reason we are unprepared, we signed quality players early in the window, not the boards fault they are hurt.

even if they were all fit, our defence still looks very weak and the keeper is still mince. Too many central, defensive minded midfielders as well. It's not the ability of the players that we have bought that's the issue, it's the type if players that are an issue.

the same issues that effected us last season seem to be an issue again. As far as I can see the players we have brought in won't solve them.

Bristolhibby
09-08-2015, 05:18 AM

Why not 11, while you're at it?

J

Greenworld
09-08-2015, 06:27 AM
Yes

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2015, 06:37 AM
even if they were all fit, our defence still looks very weak and the keeper is still mince. Too many central, defensive minded midfielders as well. It's not the ability of the players that we have bought that's the issue, it's the type if players that are an issue.

the same issues that effected us last season seem to be an issue again. As far as I can see the players we have brought in won't solve them.Same back 4 as last season that everyone was happy with. Few bad games and Grey suddenly isn't our best right back since Whitterker, Fontaine isn't everyones man crush etc.

You have seen what, 2 games from Bartley and that is it of our new signings and you have already written them all off. Pathetic stuff.

bingo70
09-08-2015, 06:39 AM
We've lost 1 game in a cup that literally about a hundred people care about. We've also lost 1 league game when we had about 30% of our first team injured. Let's see how we're doing after a couple of months.Not time to drink the kool-aid just yet.

We can't give the rangers a 2 month head start, that's the point.

Forza Fred
09-08-2015, 06:43 AM
No, injuries are the reason we are unprepared, we signed quality players early in the window, not the boards fault they are hurt.

Not the boards fault for signing them early, but why do we sign players who are already injured and will be unfit when the season starts.?

We knew well in advance when the season was starting, but we sign players who ..presumably..we knew would be unfit when we need them....ie at season kick off

No good them being ready 4 or 5 weeks into the season...we needed themNOW.

Why once again, are we under done at the season kick off?

It is NOT'bad luck'

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2015, 06:48 AM
Not the boards fault for signing them early, but why do we sign players who are already injured and will be unfit when the season starts.?

We knew well in advance when the season was starting, but we sign players who ..presumably..we knew would be unfit when we need them....ie at season kick off

No good them being ready 4 or 5 weeks into the season...we needed themNOW.

Why once again, are we under done at the season kick off?

It is NOT'bad luck'You act like Stubbs intention was signing injured players.

greenpaper55
09-08-2015, 06:59 AM
I think what yesterdays result shows is that we are not much different from the other teams in the league, if we can get stuffed by a team of part timers who have lost many of their players over the summer then it is going to be a long and unpleasant season.

high bee
09-08-2015, 07:00 AM
Saying that we are only one game in doesn't really cut it this year. As far as I'm concerned we have the same issues as last year so it is worrying and I don't see what will change.

We play so slowly that the defending team get back in numbers, we need to a but if urgency to stretch teams. We are criminal at the back too, saying we had the 2nd best defence last year is misleading, stats don't tell the story. We were dominating games and losing goals when the opponents have only had 1/2 chances.

Getting our new attacking players in the team surely won't make a massive different unless we change tactics. Getting new defenders in and giving Reguero a chance may make a big difference.

Forza Fred
09-08-2015, 08:20 AM

Careful, some on here will berate you for your logical assumptions.

Forza Fred
09-08-2015, 08:22 AM
You act like Stubbs intention was signing injured players.

Erm.....Well he DID, didn't he?

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 08:25 AM

Praying ?? Haha not quite....:pray::pray::pray:

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 08:27 AM
Looks like the Hibs management are thinking its league reconstruction as well. It's the only explanation as to why we are so under prepared for this season.

:yawn::yawn:

You love it when we lose eh.....

Pretty Boy
09-08-2015, 08:29 AM

Quality players but none of them are going to provide the width that was so badly lacking yesterday and much of last season. We have 2 central midfielder and 2 strikers waiting to come in to replace.......2 central midfielders and 2 strikers. It's a change of shape we need just as much as change of personnel.

GreenLake
09-08-2015, 08:47 AM

If The Rangers win this league I'll still be supporting Hibs.
If we stay in the second tier for the next 30 years I'll still be supporting Hibs.
If the yams beat us in the next 100 derby games I'll still be supporting Hibs.
If Stubbs signs Ian Black I'll still be supporting Hibs.

Disclaimer - I may supplement my entertainment watching other teams I like in foreign leagues.

Waxy
09-08-2015, 08:47 AM
There's always the chance that Rangers might start dropping daft points also.Wouldn't say they looked that good against St mirren.

pontius pilate
09-08-2015, 09:02 AM
There's always the chance that Rangers might start dropping daft points also.Wouldn't say they looked that good against St mirren.

That's where I'm at as well there is a lot of bedwetting on here and I have deliberately stayed off this until this morning. We still have to play the Rangers and they will have tricky ties to Falkirk qos. At this v v early stage I'm not overly concerned. However if it's the same old in three months time then I will be. Sure we need strengthend in certain areas and I'm positive we will

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 09:06 AM

Some seem think they won't drop any points, and we will always be playing catch up, all assumed after 1 league game.....Got to love the internet:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Some seem think they won't drop any points, and we will always be playing catch up, all assumed after 1 league game.....Got to love the internet:greengrin

Probably basing it on last season when we lost ground on Hearts early doors, they barely dropped any points and we were never near car hung them.

It's not unrealistic to think Rangers will win most games this season is it?

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 09:16 AM
Probably basing it on last season when we lost ground on Hearts early doors, they barely dropped any points and we were never near car hung them.

Rangers will drop more than enough points to be caught, their two big players Waghorn and Tavernier won't go all season on fire....

Jones28
09-08-2015, 09:16 AM
I'm done with .net for a while.

3pm
09-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Rangers will drop more than enough points to be caught, their two big players Waghorn and Tavernier won't go all season on fire....

For me it's not the points they will drop. It's what we'll do but the signs so far have not been encouraging.

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 09:36 AM
For me it's not the points they will drop. It's what we'll do but the signs so far have not been encouraging.

Again R, wait until we have all our player's available....It's incredible for some to be writing us off after 1 league match

3pm
09-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Again R, wait until we have all our player's available....It's incredible for some to be writing us off after 1 league match

Bad performances happen. It's the manner and the thought of playing catch up that is causing the panic IMO Mr B. I get that some players were missing too.

It's not a write off but that has to act as a catalyst for much better performances.

matty_f
09-08-2015, 09:47 AM

Were we near car hung any other teams?

SkintHibby
09-08-2015, 09:58 AM
3 years in the second tier? I'm worried about 1 year in the 3rd tier! :sofa:

Jim44
09-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Ah, the sweet safety net of reconstruction. Only one problem .......... assuming a league of 16, are we good enough for a top four finish in the crappy league we are in just now?:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Were we near car hung any other teams?

FFS! I don't even know what I was trying to say!

The Leith Dutch
09-08-2015, 10:13 AM

the same issues that effected us last season seem to be an issue again. As far as I can see the players we have brought in won't solve them.

I see a lot of folk claiming they knew the defence was a problem which is nonsense - we were one of the top defences last year and the division is probably less good this year. Granted they had a stinker in the Petrofac cup and losing goals to the free kicks yesterday were a joke but anyone who says they knew the defence we currently have wasn't up to the task is guilty of hindsight.

I think calling Oxley "still mince" is also hindsight although I completely agree he's been shocking in two of the games so far and that needs addressing but he was a decent keeper last year and his distribution was one of the reasons we looked much, much better than under that clown Butcher.

As for the central / defensive minded players I think it's about right.
Bartley, Fyvie and McGinn(?) - play 2 bench 1.
If we played all 3 in the same game you have a point.

The issue is going forward where we're not scoring goals.

Crap - and avoidable - as it was to lose those free kicks stuff like that is going to happen during the season because we don't and never will have a defence that doesn't make mistakes. If we did those players wouldn't be playing for Hibs.

You make it not an issue by doing what the yams did last year and banging in 3 or 4 every game rather than expecting the defence to be watertight.

And that's why I'm not panicing yet - we have seven key attacking players on the books:
Farid, Keatings, Carmichael and Boyle all out and only Cummings, Malonga and Allan available.

Forza Fred
09-08-2015, 10:14 AM

I guess as the old saying goes .everything is relative.

My worry is how many points they will drop...which they will...compared to the points we will drop.

I could be wrong, but I don't expect them to be beat by Dumbarton.

I really believed that they have a stronger mental approach than us..that 'winning mentality'if you like, although obviously that is an intangible commodity, and I can't point to anything other than my belief to prove it.

However I still contend that should at any point this season we fall 7 points behind them, I do not think we can overhaul them.

Time will tell,but I....and I'd suggest others did NOT want to be chasing from day one, hence the angst.

matty_f
09-08-2015, 10:27 AM
FFS! I don't even know what I was trying to say!

:faf: I think it might have been 'catching' that you were going for.

bill the hibby
09-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Still annoyed at the fact Rangers have almost totally over hauled their team during the summer and they're playing some good football and getting the results to go with it. We've kept the basis of our squad and added a few good players yet we haven't improveed from where we were at the end of last season. Surely a pre season under our management team and sports scientist should've meant we were fitter, faster, hungrier...this unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case as yet. Injuries have hampered us but we should still have the back up that should be able to beat a squad full of part timers

matty_f
09-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Still annoyed at the fact Rangers have almost totally over hauled their team during the summer and they're playing some good football and getting the results to go with it. We've kept the basis of our squad and added a few good players yet we haven't improveed from where we were at the end of last season. Surely a pre season under our management team and sports scientist should've meant we were fitter, faster, hungrier...this unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case as yet. Injuries have hampered us but we should still have the back up that should be able to beat a squad full of part timers

The reality is that it isn't as simple as that though, is it?

Having all those things gives us a better chance of winning, and it's entirely reasonable to expect us to put Dumbarton away each and every time we play them.

Sport, however, isn't entirely reasonable. Shock results happen to every team - we had ours yesterday. The Rangers will have theirs just as the Yams had their's last season and Celtc will have their's this season.

All this melodrama and extreme reaction is over the top. Nobody is happy we lost, nobody is pretending everything is alright, and after the start we had last season there is an understandable worry that history is going to repeat itself, but the fact is (and for a change this is a fact ) none of us know how the season will go.

We don't know our result next week or the The Rangers' result. We don't know who we'll sign or lose now or in January, it's all guesswork.

Chelsea dropped points at home to Swansea yesterday and are now playing catch up on Man United, depending on other results they might be chasing City, Liverpool, and Arsenal too. Do you think they'll be writing the season off already?

That was a must win game for them, all their home games are - and it was only Swansea they were playing, who have a fraction of Chelsea's resources.

You can look around leagues all across the world and find a result like ours yesterday. Football isn't an exact science where you can say this team has all this and so must always beat the team that doesn't. There'd be no point in playing games if that was the case.

bill the hibby
09-08-2015, 11:07 AM
The reality is that it isn't as simple as that though, is it?

Having all those things gives us a better chance of winning, and it's entirely reasonable to expect us to put Dumbarton away each and every time we play them.

Sport, however, isn't entirely reasonable. Shock results happen to every team - we had ours yesterday. The Rangers will have theirs just as the Yams had their's last season and Celtc will have their's this season.

All this melodrama and extreme reaction is over the top. Nobody is happy we lost, nobody is pretending everything is alright, and after the start we had last season there is an understandable worry that history is going to repeat itself, but the fact is (and for a change this is a fact ) none of us know how the season will go.

We don't know our result next week or the The Rangers' result. We don't know who we'll sign or lose now or in January, it's all guesswork.

Chelsea dropped points at home to Swansea yesterday and are now playing catch up on Man United, depending on other results they might be chasing City, Liverpool, and Arsenal too. Do you think they'll be writing the season off already?

That was a must win game for them, all their home games are - and it was only Swansea they were playing, who have a fraction of Chelsea's resources.

You can look around leagues all across the world and find a result like ours yesterday. Football isn't an exact science where you can say this team has all this and so must always beat the team that doesn't. There'd be no point in playing games if that was the case.

That's all fine and well but we seem to have these 'shock' results so much that they aren't even a shock anymore in all honesty. Chelsea's genuinely was a shock result where one moment probably changed the game. Whereas we had a poor start last season and yet again we've made a poor start to this one.

matty_f
09-08-2015, 11:10 AM
That's all fine and well but we seem to have these 'shock' results so much that they aren't even a shock anymore in all honesty. Chelsea's genuinely was a shock result where one moment probably changed the game. Whereas we had a poor start last season and yet again we've made a poor start to this one.

So everyone expected is to win yesterday and we lost, that surely must be a shock? And if it's not then WTF is everyone getting so humpty about?

Of course it was a shock! That's why people are angry. It shouldn't have happened but it didn't then mean that this season will be a replica of last season.

Waxy
09-08-2015, 11:17 AM
That's all fine and well but we seem to have these 'shock' results so much that they aren't even a shock anymore in all honesty. Chelsea's genuinely was a shock result where one moment probably changed the game. Whereas we had a poor start last season and yet again we've made a poor start to this one.No.Yesterday was a shock result.

Thecat23
09-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Bad performances happen. It's the manner and the thought of playing catch up that is causing the panic IMO Mr B. I get that some players were missing too.

It's not a write off but that has to act as a catalyst for much better performances.

This!

NAE NOOKIE
09-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Do we want everything gifted to us? We wouldn't be the first team to benefit from league reconstruction ... Its been on the cards for a while now and we are far from the only club who want it ... fans of loads of clubs were asking for it too, way before we got relegated I hasten to add. Over a period of 10 years we have a shocking derby record and were slaughtered in a cup final, due in no small part to financial cheating by Hearts ....................... perhaps we are due a bloody gift ! ............. You can be embarrassed if you want, I'll be running round the living room punching the air :aok:

The Leith Dutch
09-08-2015, 12:07 PM
We wouldn't be the first team to benefit from league reconstruction ... Its been on the cards for a while now and we are far from the only club who want it ... fans of loads of clubs were asking for it too, way before we got relegated I hasten to add. Over a period of 10 years we have a shocking derby record and were slaughtered in a cup final, due in no small part to financial cheating by Hearts ....................... perhaps we are due a bloody gift ! ............. You can be embarrassed if you want, I'll be running round the living room punching the air :aok:

Yup. It's not a case of "praying for reconstruction" or wanting "everything gifted to us".
It's a case of wanting the best for the club.

I take Ozzyhibby's point about it masking the flaws in our team but I don't think extra season's in the Championship are going to address that.

Turkish Green
09-08-2015, 01:25 PM

Pretty much this. At the start of last season I would have been happy with reaching the play-off finals. However after achieving more than I expected in the league the Play-Off final was very disappointing.

This season I am expecting Sevco to do a Hearts but I have no worries about Hibs making it to promotion the hard way.