PDA

View Full Version : Simply hibernian

ArmadaleHibs
08-08-2015, 09:59 PM
No drink evolved. No expectations, no surprises and to be honest pretty much Hibernian since I've loved them in 1978. Followed them through thick and thin, and will continue to do so as its my first and true love. They've made me smile, they've made me cry. I've had ups but mostly downs. Does it stop me? No. Do I keep turning up? Yes. Coz its MY team. Have they ever been really good in my time? Barely. So what? So what nout. This has been hibs for the last 30 odd years. We are not what you want them to be. We are what we are. Living on history.

Will we still be in the mix come the end of the season. Yes we will. Will we blow it? Probably. Will you still come back? Only if it's part of you can you stomach supporting the team that lets down there fans like no other, or is it just our expectations are higher than no other.

We are Hibernian football club!
Enjoy it where you can, but just don't be shocked. I could pick today's result out of EVERY season I've supported hibs.

Ggtth

IberianHibernian
08-08-2015, 10:16 PM
I started going to games about a decade before you say you fell in love with Hibernian in 1978 and you were unlucky cause in autumn 1978 we were top of the league after a win at Parkhead and in UEFA Cup in October ( like groups now ) but also sliding towards relegation in 1980 so apart from brief periods with Sauzee / Latapy then Riordan / GOC etc then successive cup finals with Pat Fenlon success has been very limited . Doesn`t mean that results like today should be accepted as just another letdown though .

ArmadaleHibs
08-08-2015, 10:48 PM
I started going to games about a decade before you say you fell in love with Hibernian in 1978 and you were unlucky cause in autumn 1978 we were top of the league after a win at Parkhead and in UEFA Cup in October ( like groups now ) but also sliding towards relegation in 1980 so apart from brief periods with Sauzee / Latapy then Riordan / GOC etc then successive cup finals with Pat Fenlon success has been very limited . Doesn`t mean that results like today should be accepted as just another letdown though .

No your right. I'm not accepting it but just saying its part and parcel of supporting this team. I'm gutted like everyone else. This could be a new low. But will there be s high? Yes I believe so. That's Hibernian.

Ggtth

Forza Fred
08-08-2015, 11:55 PM
No your right. I'm not accepting it but just saying its part and parcel of supporting this team. I'm gutted like everyone else. This could be a new low. But will there be s high? Yes I believe so. That's Hibernian.

Ggtth

I've followed them a wee bit longer and enjoyed a few more highs....notably in early 70s.

However having been hospitalised with a Heart issue lately I have been reflecting on possible causes.

I am now firmly of the opinion that when someone purchases a Hibs scarf, it should come with a clear Health Warning!

Something along the lines of...." Supporting this team may lead to frequent bouts of depression and general feelings of doom and gloom

A phot taken at 6pm of the punters just back from Dumbarton I in th Four in Hand or Hibsclub after yesterday's result should go on the cover.