PDA

View Full Version : La manga training

mcfly
08-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Was this just a holiday or was it a serious training exercise??

Appears a total waste of money, injured players, poor fitness and the results so far as dreadful.

less talk hibs....more action please.

Also please please sign a centre half to replace Paul Hanlon.

He's too weak and isn't good enough

tamig
08-08-2015, 07:48 PM

Appears a total waste of money, injured players, poor fitness and the results so far as dreadful.

Lol.

bingo70
08-08-2015, 07:49 PM
I don't doubt they worked hard over there but there's no obvious benefit so I hope we don't go back there.

We'd have been better served staying in Edinburgh and playing another game imo.

Baldy Foghorn
08-08-2015, 07:49 PM

Aye it was just a jolly up, 7 days playing golf, and a trip to hooters bar each night.......:rolleyes:

PiemanP
08-08-2015, 07:54 PM
A total waste of time and money it seems - and a trip like that certainly won't come cheap. In fact our whole pre-season seemed a bit of a shambles which is unacceptable given the continuity of the management team and players.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-08-2015, 07:55 PM

Dunno what it is about the Scottish psyche but the put downs over La Manga would baffle most top clubs in Europe. Sand dunes of Gullane might have been revolutionary in their day but times have moved on. But by all means when folks try something different to improve themselves use it as a big stick to beat them with if if doesn't work out. This attitude IMO does our country no favours. If we're not going to try something different then why should we expect any different result?

superfurryhibby
08-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Aye it was just a jolly up, 7 days playing golf, and a trip to hooters bar each night.......:rolleyes:

Naw, surely it got our players In peak condition so they were ready to come out all guns blazing and steamroller the opposition.

Andy74
Queen of the South were there too.

Baldy Foghorn
146 teams have used La Manga since November. Sevilla were training there same time as Hibs, let's not pan Hibs for getting away and training away from home....

high bee
08-08-2015, 08:01 PM

On the bright side Stubbs got his handicap down to 2 so it wasn't all wasted.

emerald green
08-08-2015, 08:03 PM
What I don't really understand is why Hibs need to go to La Manga when they have probably the best training centre in Scotland, and probably better than many clubs in England too.

Presumably the head coach has his reasons, it's just that I don't quite know what they are. Just saying.

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 08:11 PM
I don't think the break has anything to do with it. We have god awful bog standard players who are weak. Bar one and he might be off.

Baldy Foghorn
08-08-2015, 08:13 PM
On the bright side Stubbs got his handicap down to 2 so it wasn't all wasted.

He was playing off scratch before he went, waster:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
08-08-2015, 08:25 PM
What I don't really understand is why Hibs need to go to La Manga when they have probably the best training centre in Scotland, and probably better than many clubs in England too.

Presumably the head coach has his reasons, it's just that I don't quite know what they are. Just saying.

Two words - psychology

GreenArmyyy!
08-08-2015, 08:47 PM
I'm not seeing any benefits whatsoever.

Pretty Boy
08-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Was a training trip to La Manga really to.blame for defeat today?

I'd say the poor set up, ponderous build up, lack of movement and poor individual performances had more to do.with it.

Waxy
08-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Well if they all enjoyed la manga they should have started the season better. Reckon they cant justify going again.
Perhaps La Manga IS the problem.

Dalianwanda
08-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Theres a few things that could be wrong with todays performance...The skill levels of our guys, the behaviours be that diet, rest etc or the mindset..be that beliefs, how they see themselves or why they play.. etc

If its a collective thing then looks at Stubbs & his coaches if an individual thing then look at each player.

I still hope its just one bad away results and we will get going int the next couple of weeks

Biggie
08-08-2015, 09:05 PM
They're pampered pooches.....hibs give them the best of everything.......but the one ingredient they can't give them is desire, will to win when the going gets tough.
Someone said in an earlier post...we're a weak organisation...seems it's the hibs way.

We should be over-running teams like Dumbarton, in fact all teams in this league. We should be putting on an "all court press" against teams...run them into the ground, hunt in packs, bully them.....it's our ****ing ball.....it's not the hibs way though....
I love hibs, but it seems it's in our DNA to choke....not today, but none of us need to think too hard to remember when we've failed to deliver when expected.

IberianHibernian
08-08-2015, 09:11 PM
2 years ago we did something similar going to Sotogrande in similar circumstances ( previous season had finished right at the end of May ) though in 2013 Fenlon had less time before Malmo matches and club was probably receiving some money for friendlies in Gibraltar and Faro ( v Notts Forest ) . No idea if we received any money for the 2013 friendlies but circumstances were different coming soon after lucrative cup final and just before big crowd v Malmo . Lots of Spanish clubs spend a week or two in cooler places like England so why is Spain at the hottest time of the year ( this year coincided with a heatwave in La Manga area ) considered a good place to spend the pre - season ? Also important , do we make any money by renting out East Mains to other clubs which want to spend pre season in cooler climes ?

Waxy
08-08-2015, 09:56 PM
Maybe we should just go to Ireland?
Seems to work for other things.

J-C
08-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Theres a few things that could be wrong with todays performance...The skill levels of our guys, the behaviours be that diet, rest etc or the mindset..be that beliefs, how they see themselves or why they play.. etc

If its a collective thing then looks at Stubbs & his coaches if an individual thing then look at each player.

I still hope its just one bad away results and we will get going int the next couple of weeks

One bad result away, prior to having a shocker against Rangers and by all accounts fairly poor midweek too.

IMO they were badly prepared, La Manga was unnecessary, pre season at EM with 5-6 decent friendlies against a few weaker teams and a glamour one against an EPL club at ER.

They don't look match fit and has been said by quite a few others on various threads a good few players look slow and cumbersome compared to last season.

McKenzie
08-08-2015, 10:43 PM
Jesus, are we going to get this after every defeat? It's getting boring.

Danderhall Hibs
08-08-2015, 11:06 PM
The training centre used to get the blame when we got beat - is that ok now and absolved of blame?

Scouse Hibee
08-08-2015, 11:17 PM
FFS people still dragging up La Manga as a vent for their fury, what next? Maybe green is our unlucky colour!

Forza Fred
08-08-2015, 11:27 PM
Much bigger- and smaller teams for that matter have pre season 'camps' away from their normal training ground.

Barcelona, Real Madrid and even QOS for that matter did some of their preparations on the road.

It is WHAT we do is the question that should be asked,not WHERE we did it

I don't think there are too any Queens fans who will be lamenting the fact that they too prepared at La Manga pre season.

B.H.F.C
08-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Didn't do us any good I the playoffs. Didn't do us any good today.

Not so much questioning is going to La Manga. My concern is more what we did there. Because you wouldn't have known we were playing a part time side today.

We were miles off it.

mca
08-08-2015, 11:41 PM
Dunno what it is about the Scottish psyche but the put downs over La Manga would baffle most top clubs in Europe. Sand dunes of Gullane might have been revolutionary in their day but times have moved on. But by all means when folks try something different to improve themselves use it as a big stick to beat them with if if doesn't work out. This attitude IMO does our country no favours. If we're not going to try something different then why should we expect any different result?

Like- The bit near the end :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
09-08-2015, 12:45 AM
Jesus, are we going to get this after every defeat? It's getting boring.

InfinityLike

FitbaFolkKen
09-08-2015, 12:55 AM
Genuinely do people actually care about where pre-season was and how it was scheduled? We are totally over analysing things.

Some clubs go away in pre season, some clubs don't. The coaching team make these decisions in order to give their team what they perceive to be the best possible preparation for the season ahead. We have a wealth of experience in the backroom and I (and I imagine most on here) have absolutely no place telling them how to do their job better.

All that matters is we have had a couple of poor results and if it continues like this then the team that made the decision to go to La Manga will be looking for new jobs.

No point in us getting our knickers in a twist over a training camp held away from our own complex.

DH1875
09-08-2015, 01:00 AM
Said it at the time and I'll say it again. No problem with us going to La Manga, but.... Going twice in a matter of months is beyond me.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-08-2015, 01:05 AM
Genuinely do people actually care about where pre-season was and how it was scheduled? We are totally over analysing things.

Some clubs go away in pre season, some clubs don't. The coaching team make these decisions in order to give their team what they perceive to be the best possible preparation for the season ahead. We have a wealth of experience in the backroom and I (and I imagine most on here) have absolutely no place telling them how to do their job better.

All that matters is we have had a couple of poor results and if it continues like this then the team that made the decision to go to La Manga will be looking for new jobs.

No point in us getting our knickers in a twist over a training camp held away from our own complex.

Yup we should have an Internet poll jumped on by randoms to see whether we should go or not stuff Alan and his justifications for going. Then 28 random ransoms from should be split and shipped to La Manga or Gullane bents to compare suntans and fitness levels. Losers ritually sacrificed on the centre circle at ER...

emerald green
09-08-2015, 11:32 AM
Two words - psychology

Psychology - 1) the scientific study of the human mind and its functions. 2) The mental characteristics or attitude of a person. 3) The mental factors governing a situation or activity.

Aye, OK then that's fine.

FitbaFolkKen
09-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Yup we should have an Internet poll jumped on by randoms to see whether we should go or not stuff Alan and his justifications for going. Then 28 random ransoms from should be split and shipped to La Manga or Gullane bents to compare suntans and fitness levels. Losers ritually sacrificed on the centre circle at ER...

Well it would improve the half time entertainment!

J-C
09-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Two words - psychology

Or even one word. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Maybe its simple, we are just nowhere near as good as most of us would hope we were?

Scouse Hibee
09-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Maybe its simple, we are just nowhere near as good as most of us would hope we were?

Finally.

Waxy
09-08-2015, 03:11 PM
Maybe its simple, we are just nowhere near as good as most of us would hope we were?Probably right. So will everyone just accept a 3rd/4th/5th place finish then?

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Probably right. So will everyone just accept a 3rd/4th/5th place finish then?

No they wouldnt, i cant see why you'd think they would, have you not read this message board today?

Waxy
09-08-2015, 04:01 PM
No they wouldnt, i cant see why you'd think they would, have you not read this message board today?I know. Seems we all wont be happy with second best, and with the effort thats been put in over the last year we shouldnt be.

bob12345
10-08-2015, 08:02 AM
I'm sure La Manga wasn't detrimental, but could the lack of high standard opposition we played in pre season have contributed to our very slow start?

Brightside
10-08-2015, 08:05 AM
La Manga seemed to work for QoS?

marinello59
I'm sure La Manga wasn't detrimental, but could the lack of high standard opposition we played in pre season have contributed to our very slow start?

Turnbull's teams warmed up pre- season by playing Highland League clubs on a tour. We played Wigan in a bounce game and many were arguing that the Sevco game was merely a pre-season friendly. Either way we should have been ready for Dumbarton. What high quality opposition did they play?

DH1875

What teams did part time club Dumbarton play in pre season?

marinello59
10-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Probably right. So will everyone just accept a 3rd/4th/5th place finish then?

No.
We need to top the table this time.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-08-2015, 08:11 AM

Yogi ? Is that you again ;)

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 08:12 AM
What teams did part time club Dumbarton play in pre season?

Edinburgh City, Yams and Clydebank. Under prepared from that list of games I would say.....

Deansy
10-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Why don't we just do what the 'Charity Thieves FC' do - train THREE times a day as it seems to be helping them ?