PDA

View Full Version : Is this a new low

Ronster117
08-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Or are we kidding ourselves that we are a good team, I've been watching Hibernian for over 40 years and have seen good and bad sides, can't ever remember thinking it's over after the first game of the season

Diclonius
08-08-2015, 06:31 PM
It isn't over.

Losing to Alloa was worse than this.

Carheenlea
08-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Not really a new low, but the sad thing about today is that no Hibs fan would have been surprised at a result like that today to open our campaign.

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 06:33 PM
We are the new Leeds, it might get worse!! 😳

08-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Jesus what a doom merchant. Bad result and a terrible start to the season but it's only 1 game in ffs.

Still a whole season to go. Lots of twists and turns yet to happen.

Ronster117
08-08-2015, 06:34 PM
We are the new Leeds, it might get worse!! 
Sadly I fear that could happen

Alfred E Newman
08-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Or are we kidding ourselves that we are a good team, I've been watching Hibernian for over 40 years and have seen good and bad sides, can't ever remember thinking it's over after the first game of the season

It's not a new low, it's a continuation of the same old crap.

Ronster117
08-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Jesus what a doom merchant. Bad result and a terrible start to the season but it's only 1 game in ffs.

Yes that's true, but already playing catch up.....don't think the Rankers are going to drop too many points will we be able to capitalise when they do?

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 06:38 PM

Yeah total over reaction. Not like we've been here before?!!!

bill the hibby
08-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Disagree, we always seem to make a slow start to the season

Bobby's Cinema
A team with ambitions of winning the league doesn't lose to part timers so easily first game I'm afraid

Yes that's true, but already playing catch up.....don't think the Rankers are going to drop too many points will we be able to capitalise when they do?

I agree, its a bad start and we are now playing catch up, not a position we want to be in. But we are only 1 game in. Rangers WILL drop points along the way.

Alfred E Newman
08-08-2015, 06:40 PM
A team with ambitions of winning the league doesn't lose to part timers so easily first game I'm afraid

You have got it in one.

NAE NOOKIE
08-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Not a new low .... just the same old low. I am at the point now where I am not in the least bit interested in 'reasons' 'excuses' 'calls to arms' 'its only the first game of the season' 'we have so many injuries' .................... I don't ****ing care .......................... JUST GET A GRIP YA STUPID BUNCH OF WASTERS !!!

loanheadhibby
08-08-2015, 06:54 PM
A definite low but all it does is reinforce the fact we are now a championship team. That was proved last season and this season has started in same vein. Usual excuses will be forthcoming, we werenae ready, players were injured, sevco upset us, it wisnae our fault, it was the nasty part timers/media/referees.

sadly the club has mediocrity at its core and has done for most of the 40 Years I've been following them.

emerald green
08-08-2015, 06:55 PM
It's not a new low, it's a continuation of the same old crap.

:agree: I also see there are about 4,100 viewing this forum. I can guess who many of them are of course.

Ronster117
08-08-2015, 06:59 PM
:agree: I also see there are about 4,100 viewing this forum. I can guess who many of them are of course.
I just hope that some of the viewers were on the park today and feel totally ashamed

basehibby
Not a new low .... just the same old low. I am at the point now where I am not in the least bit interested in 'reasons' 'excuses' 'calls to arms' 'its only the first game of the season' 'we have so many injuries' .................... I don't ****ing care .......................... JUST GET A GRIP YA STUPID BUNCH OF WASTERS !!!

This - :top marks

IberianHibernian
The last 2 times we were promoted we had bad starts . In 1981 we were promoted despite losing to Raith at home in our first match . In 1999 after losing to Stranraer in our first home match . Terrible result today but whatever happens in the next few weeks our chances of promotion are certainly not over yet .

Hibernia&Alba
08-08-2015, 07:09 PM
IMO, it isn't a low in terms of an individual result (we've suffered worse) but the worrying thing is the long term decline of the club during the past decade, to the point where defeats like today's are no great shock. We simply must get promoted quickly, or we face the danger of ever lower expectations, crowds and revenues. The long term downward trend in standards must be reversed before it's too late, and time isn't on our side. Scottish football is probably as weak as it has ever been, yet we find ourselves in the second tier. We're approaching a crossroads where we either sort ourselves out or find ourselves condemned to a long term in the wilderness.

SquashedFrogg
08-08-2015, 07:24 PM

:top marks

I'm honestly astonished at some people on here. One league game and it's utter chaos!

SlickShoes
08-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Supporting hibs has been a new low every year since we won the cup in 2007, each year it gets worse. I've seen some obviously bad teams but we are at a point now when I want hibs to be great again and it clouds my judgement of how crap we really are, I can't tell if we are that bad because I've been watching us play like amateurs for the last 8 years.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-08-2015, 07:31 PM
And there was All the talk about galvanising the support over the SA affair....
Are we only ever one loss away from meltdown as a support?
Anniversary of the team that didn't die. What happened to that spirit?

After all is said and done and all the angles covered to death in video nasties, fear and apparent self loathing - the one and only man to sort this out is Stubbs - supported by his staff and players.

PISTOL1875
08-08-2015, 07:42 PM
After the bad start last season brought with Stubbs coming in late and having no time to get the team ready , today was the day that I really thought we would hit the ground running and get off to a good start by winning or at least get a draw. How deflated am I after that result ?? Total rock bottom.. I am probably feeling exactly the same as a lot of people here just now.. This is the lowest I have felt for a long time..

tamig
08-08-2015, 07:43 PM

I don't think it's over. And this certainly isn't a new low. Bit over dramatic I think.

Baldy Foghorn
08-08-2015, 07:47 PM
I don't think it's over. And this certainly isn't a new low. Bit over dramatic I think.

:agree:

Armageddon is here.............

CRAZYHIBBY
08-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Wouldn't say it's a new low but it's certainly another low. ....we are and probably always will be utter pish......whenever we have a big game or a game we need to win, i always have that horrible feeling that we won't do it.........the only time i was ever confident being a hibby was when mcleish was manager.....my opinion of course

Roberts1875
08-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Personally, I have had enough of Hibs ruining my weekend, wish I could detach myself from it, but unfortunately I can't. Massively pis*ed off, now the missus is dragging me up town for the festival, which is about the last thing I can be arsed with, damn you Hibs!!

jdships
08-08-2015, 08:17 PM

Ah ! A sensible post , thank you!
Not the worst result we have ever had in my 75 years :greengrin
Long,long way to go till we get to May 2016 :wink:

Mango Man
08-08-2015, 08:17 PM
There has always been a dark cloud hanging over Hibs the near 30 years I have been supporting them, no idea why that is, had so many different managers and players yet we bottle it 9 out of 10 times, we rarely get any luck and when we do we don't capitalize on it, had about 3 enjoyable seasons in the whole time supporting Hibs, for a big city club that's an atrocious record.

The noises coming out of Easter Road recently have been quite positive, but I can't help but feel another disaster is looming.

No idea what the fans have done to deserve a club like this?! It's hard to be positive.

Real Emerald
08-08-2015, 08:19 PM
I'm a season ticket holder and have been for many years but I wasn't there today so can't really comment on the performance, just the result. I don't know whether it's a new low but for a club like Hibs who have full time players that have spent pre-season at work where their job is professional football need to do better. They have been taken to training camp in Spain, do this job for their living but get beat by part time Dumbarton on the first day of a season where we really need to keep up to speed is quite frankly unacceptable. The guys they were playing have no such build up, preparation, luxury or pay to compare. We HAVE to do better, this IS a real set back this early in the season as we don't score enough goals and leak sloppy ones. We should at least be out-scoring Dumbarton. Very worrying.

rcarter1
08-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Wouldn't say it's a new low but it's certainly another low. ....we are and probably always will be utter pish......whenever we have a big game or a game we need to win, i always have that horrible feeling that we won't do it.........the only time i was ever confident being a hibby was when mcleish was manager.....my opinion of course

Agree for a period, Mcliesh had us going well. Lost it pretty early as he had his eyes one bigger things. There was a time under Mowbray and the early days of Collins that I was confident about Hibs playing anyone in the SPL. At the very least we managed to win a Cup before the wheels started coming off. Thought Stubbs was going in the right direction, but we have so many cracks, Im not sure he can cover them all.. What a joy Hibs have been these last few years… :sick:

MWHIBBIES
08-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Not even in my top 10, give me a break.

Hibernia&Alba
08-08-2015, 08:32 PM

I took the OP to mean a low in terms of our standing in the game, rather than in reference to today's result, MW.

familyman
08-08-2015, 08:36 PM
I say humiliating ..an emotion we all know too well!
sort it.

Bobby's Cinema
08-08-2015, 08:37 PM
I'm a season ticket holder and have been for many years but I wasn't there today so can't really comment on the performance, just the result. I don't know whether it's a new low but for a club like Hibs who have full time players that have spent pre-season at work where their job is professional football need to do better. They have been taken to training camp in Spain, do this job for their living but get beat by part time Dumbarton on the first day of a season where we really need to keep up to speed is quite frankly unacceptable. The guys they were playing have no such build up, preparation, luxury or pay to compare. We HAVE to do better, this IS a real set back this early in the season as we don't score enough goals and leak sloppy ones. We should at least be out-scoring Dumbarton. Very worrying.
Sums it up really. Very good point about contrasting preparation. I can't help thinking that once again for all Stubbs and the club are trying to bring us all together, the mentality in the group of players STILL just isn't good enough.

Real Emerald
08-08-2015, 08:37 PM

Second season in the second tier, getting beat by part timers Dumbarton for the first time in the opening game has got to be up there though. It was a shocking result for us at this level after all that's gone on. What's lower than a third season in this division?

SlickShoes
08-08-2015, 08:43 PM
Second season in the second tier, getting beat by part timers Dumbarton for the first time in the opening game has got to be up there though. It was a shocking result for us at this level after all that's gone on. What's lower than a third season in this division?

a first season in league 1 would a new low:thumbsup:

Velma Dinkley
08-08-2015, 08:47 PM
I see Chelsea have thrown away the league today :greengrin We need to do better, obviously, but we have plenty of decent players to reach full fitness and come into the team properly. We will also be adding to the team. We should be stronger for the next game and if we can take points from The rangers the following week it will obviously be between Raith, Queens and the sons for the Championship :wink:

MWHIBBIES
08-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Second season in the second tier, getting beat by part timers Dumbarton for the first time in the opening game has got to be up there though. It was a shocking result for us at this level after all that's gone on. What's lower than a third season in this division?Did I miss the part where we lost both the league title and the playoffs already?

Stokesy's on fire
08-08-2015, 09:04 PM
We have played one game get real. bad start yes but Sevco will drop points as well.

Alfred E Newman
08-08-2015, 09:36 PM

Exactly. We are a laughing stock and have been for years.

Sammy7nil
08-08-2015, 10:11 PM

This is not a new low this is simply the norm

MWHIBBIES
08-08-2015, 10:13 PM
Exactly. We are a laughing stock and have been for years.I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about Hibs, it is totally irrelevant.

Baldy Foghorn
08-08-2015, 10:15 PM
I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about Hibs, it is totally irrelevant.

Exactly......:agree:

KWJ
08-08-2015, 10:15 PM

Ala Hibs Stranraer 1998?

Ronniekirk
08-08-2015, 10:17 PM
We have played one game get real. bad start yes but Sevco will drop points as well.

But on today's performance so will we the idea of wanting a good start was so we aren't playing catch up continually ,and putting ourselves under pressure for the next game .Morton have nothing to loose and will be coming to Easter Road to frustrate us and see what they can get as game develops .
But Stubbs has all week to work with them and he has to get it sorted for next game .

Real Emerald
08-08-2015, 11:52 PM
Did I miss the part where we lost both the league title and the playoffs already?

No one is saying that but we've already lost 6-2 at home to Sevco and now 2-1 away to part time Dumbarton, you can't tart that honking start to the season up if you try. Sevco wont lose many points this season and we are already 3 points and 3 goals behind. Thats after the big task of part time Dumbarton, it is worrying.

Velma Dinkley
09-08-2015, 12:19 AM
No one is saying that but we've already lost 6-2 at home to Sevco and now 2-1 away to part time Dumbarton, you can't tart that honking start to the season up if you try. Sevco wont lose many points this season and we are already 3 points and 3 goals behind. Thats after the big task of part time Dumbarton, it is worrying.

The Rangers will drop plenty of points this season. The idea that now they have got rid of their best, most experienced players they have suddenly become the best team in the league does not equate with reality. We have about 6 players to come int contention for our first team and will sign more. The Rangers are at full strengths and their bench looks very weak. A couple of injuries and they will struggle.

bill the hibby
09-08-2015, 12:25 AM
The Rangers will drop plenty of points this season. The idea that now they have got rid of their best, most experienced players they have suddenly become the best team in the league does not equate with reality. We have about 6 players to come int contention for our first team and will sign more. The Rangers are at full strengths and their bench looks very weak. A couple of injuries and they will struggle.

Who would you have considered, that's left them, to be their best players? They've got rid of the driftwood, the 'past-it' players and made some decent signings.

HoboHarry
09-08-2015, 12:29 AM
I wonder how Turnbull's Tornado's managed without all of the advice we get from our Hibs.net experts?

Velma Dinkley
09-08-2015, 12:48 AM
Who would you have considered, that's left them, to be their best players? They've got rid of the driftwood, the 'past-it' players and made some decent signings.

Internationals with premier league/premiership experience, obviously. The decent players they've signed can only dream of reaching the levels the driftwood have reached. If people think this is an improved The Rangers side, with less skill and experience, and less strength in depth, they are kidding themselves on.

connerg
09-08-2015, 12:57 AM

I'm a season ticket holder too but never attended, had the chance to go but turned it down. Your summary of what happened is spot on. A new low.

connerg
09-08-2015, 01:30 AM
Ala Hibs Stranraer 1998?

Hibs were the big team in that division then. Not now.

The Green Goblin
09-08-2015, 07:09 AM
I wonder how Turnbull's Tornado's managed without all of the advice we get from our Hibs.net experts?

Isn't that a bit of a strange thing to say on a message board/forum whose purpose is for Hibs fans to share their views and opinions and discuss stuff? I think people just care about what's happening and are wondering what might fix it, no? Or have I misunderstood your post?

RyeSloan
09-08-2015, 07:28 AM
Internationals with premier league/premiership experience, obviously. The decent players they've signed can only dream of reaching the levels the driftwood have reached. If people think this is an improved The Rangers side, with less skill and experience, and less strength in depth, they are kidding themselves on.

Maybe but as a team they look miles better than last year...energy and enthusiasm for playing football rather than picking up a wage packet seems to have done them wonders.

But only a total idiot would judge teams on the result of the first game of the season so let's see how things pan out first before getting out the record books to work out just how low on the list of lows we are..

Onion
09-08-2015, 08:07 AM
There has always been a dark cloud hanging over Hibs the near 30 years I have been supporting them, no idea why that is, had so many different managers and players yet we bottle it 9 out of 10 times, we rarely get any luck and when we do we don't capitalize on it, had about 3 enjoyable seasons in the whole time supporting Hibs, for a big city club that's an atrocious record.

The noises coming out of Easter Road recently have been quite positive, but I can't help but feel another disaster is looming.

No idea what the fans have done to deserve a club like this?! It's hard to be positive.

Can't disagree. What's for sure is that continual underachievement on the park is not down to the manager, coaching, group or individual players - it's goes much deeper into the DNA and culture of the club. Unless that's reviewed and changed, that's our lot.

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 08:38 AM
I'm a season ticket holder too but never attended, had the chance to go but turned it down. Your summary of what happened is spot on. A new low.

You had the chance to go but couldn't be bothered? Now you are saying it's a new low??? Get a grip......

H18S NX
09-08-2015, 09:30 AM
The Rangers will drop plenty of points this season. The idea that now they have got rid of their best, most experienced players they have suddenly become the best team in the league does not equate with reality. We have about 6 players to come int contention for our first team and will sign more. The Rangers are at full strengths and their bench looks very weak. A couple of injuries and they will struggle. I can't see the Rangers dropping points at all.

NAE NOOKIE
09-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Having posted in a drink induced rage yesterday I have had time to reflect :greengrin In the clear light of day its my opinion that what I posted was bang on. Yes we have a lot of players out injured, but in that situation the guys who are playing simply must step up to the plate and deliver a result .. a draw would have been bad, a defeat is a disaster. Folk are pointing out that we have had bad starts before, but in a division with an undoubtedly improved Sevco we simply cant afford a bad start. ................. I am not looking at this as a reflection on what the club have done off the park in the last year, all I can see is real effort and good leadership, we are a Scottish Championship club who sends its players to overseas training camps and spends actual money on players IE £100,000 on McGinn. Days like yesterday have to be placed fairly and squarely at the door of the players and ultimately the manager. If come the end of the season we lose the league because of a bad head to head with Sevco and the odd loss away to St Mirren or Falkirk that's one thing .... to lose it because of defeats to ( no offense ) the likes of Dumbarton is totally unacceptable ................................. Over to you Mr Stubbs.

The Leith Dutch
09-08-2015, 10:37 AM

This is nowhere near a new low.

Calderwood, Butcher, the cup final against them and shipping a two goal away lead to get relegated in the first place are recent events that rank significantly higher on the all time low scale.

It's one stinkingly awful result but it's nowhere near a new low.

If Oxley gets his s**t together (or Reguero comes in and is halfway competent) and the attacking players to come back get us putting away some of the multiple chances we create then we're going to be challenging for the league because as much as nobody can see it right now and as much as nobody wants to admit it we actually have probably the best squad in the league.

GreenLake
09-08-2015, 10:41 AM
This is just another low.

The bookies are not paying out on Hun bets just yet.

sleeping giant
09-08-2015, 10:42 AM
Did we not get beat by the mighty Stranraer at Easter Road in our first game when we got relegated the last time ?
I'm also sure that they had just been promoted from the 2nd division at the time.

What happened that season ?

Diclonius
09-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Did we not get beat by the mighty Stranraer at Easter Road in our first game when we got relegated the last time ?
I'm also sure that they had just been promoted from the 2nd division at the time.

It took us a while to recover from getting relegated again that season right enough.

jdships
09-08-2015, 10:51 AM

:agree::thumbsup:

flash
09-08-2015, 10:52 AM

Jeez we are all fed up but this hysterical pish doesn't help.

stantonhibby
09-08-2015, 10:54 AM
I can't see the Rangers dropping points at all.

Haha.....based on 2 games! Even by the huge amount of drivel posted since yesterday's game this is a top post!

Ronster117
09-08-2015, 10:56 AM
This is nowhere near a new low.

Calderwood, Butcher, the cup final against them and shipping a two goal away lead to get relegated in the first place are recent events that rank significantly higher on the all time low scale.

It's one stinkingly awful result but it's nowhere near a new low.

If Oxley gets his s**t together (or Reguero comes in and is halfway competent) and the attacking players to come back get us putting away some of the multiple chances we create then we're going to be challenging for the league because as much as nobody can see it right now and as much as nobody wants to admit it we actually have probably the best squad in the league. In the cold light of day, im trying to take anything positive I can, but realisation has hit in.... to say we have the best squad in the league is just crazy. we do have a few good players granted, but our whole squad is not that good. we just had sevco take 6 goals off us at home and a part time team beating us yesterday. I do think we will be in the play off come the end off the season but against who? we couldn't beat a poor poor Rankers side last term our squad hasn't improved that much that makes me think we will be playing premiership football next year.... sorry if this is too gloom and doom but this is where hibs takes us season after season.

The Leith Dutch
09-08-2015, 11:04 AM
In the cold light of day, im trying to take anything positive I can, but realisation has hit in.... to say we have the best squad in the league is just crazy. we do have a few good players granted, but our whole squad is not that good.

Reason I say we have the best squad in the league is that there is no other team in the division who I'd swap all our players for all of their players and think we were better off. At that point I think it follows that we have the best squad of players in the league.

More than open to hearing a single team that Hibs could swap squads with and suddenly be better off.

Our problem at the minute is how those players are playing as a team and particularly how ineffectual we are around the opposition goal.
We create a decent amount of chances and it's really about whether you think those chances aren't good enough or the finishing isn't good enough.

13 shots yesterday. By no means amazing but it should have resulted in more than one goal against a team of Dumbarton's limited quality.

emerald green
09-08-2015, 11:06 AM
I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about Hibs, it is totally irrelevant.

You personally might not care what anyone thinks about Hibs, but I'm afraid many thousands do, and therefore it is far from irrelevant. This of course includes the many hundreds (possibly thousands?) who are staying away from ER exactly because of results like yesterdays.

As a club, our standing in the game and reputation continues to be damaged by results like this.

Turnbull's Tornadoes would have wiped the floor with that Dumbarton team yesterday. That's the difference between then and what's happening now. Nobody is claiming to be an expert. Well, not me anyway. Folk are only expressing their opinions on a fans forum.