PDA

View Full Version : We Need A Leader!

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 05:47 PM
Last season I thought we lacked someone who could really lift the boys when it's needed. A true leader on the park who would get them told when needed.

Again this is a problem, who is there to get a grip of the team and tell them? We don't talk when we are losing, I noticed this last season and seen it in The Rangers game. Until this gets addressed we will continue to hide when losing!

rcarter1
08-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Doesn't help that your best player wants away to the leagues biggest side. Where is the positivity in the squad that we mean business? Agree with your point though.

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Doesn't help that your best player wants away to the leagues biggest side. Where is the positivity in the squad that we mean business? Agree with your point though.

Yeah it's causing problems and I've no idea what we will do to sort it!

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 05:57 PM

The problem is Even if we let him go who are we going to replace him with. No one else today apart from lewis ( even then he was mostly played in by allan)looked anywhere near setting up a chance .

semaj64
08-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Agree, I cannot remember when last we had a good leader. You need someone to fight your case. Liam Craig did but needed to do it with a bit more tact. I hardly ever see a captain, not just Hibs, be a leader that is to motivate , direct, inspire and to a extent carry out the bosses plan on the pitch.

Carheenlea
08-08-2015, 06:02 PM

True, but a strong leader/personality can help overcome this. Scott Allan is our best player, but who in our squad posseses strong leadership qualities that unites player and fan? There is no one. Quality football will win games, but when the chips are down, you need more than just ability to play football.

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 06:11 PM
True, but a strong leader/personality can help overcome this. Scott Allan is our best player, but who in our squad posseses strong leadership qualities that unites player and fan? There is no one. Quality football will win games, but when the chips are down, you need more than just ability to play football.

I totally agree. We need players who will graft as well mixed with some quality.

Ronster117
08-08-2015, 06:55 PM
I agree, we need someone but who? We will never get another pat Stanton, but there surely has to be someone who can lead this team

Fergos
08-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Last season I thought we lacked someone who could really lift the boys when it's needed. A true leader on the park who would get them told when needed.

Again this is a problem, who is there to get a grip of the team and tell them? We don't talk when we are losing, I noticed this last season and seen it in The Rangers game. Until this gets addressed we will continue to hide when losing!

Couldnt agree more and been saying it on other threads.

Ths leader type has been missing for ages, McPake came close for 6 months and now we are in desperate need of this type of player, someone who can turn the tide when the chips are down, shake a fist and get a grip of his team mates. A Yogi type.....essentially.

GGTTH

Sergey
08-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Kevin Thompson would have made a decent leader and a worthwhile club captain. I don't recall who was the manager when the club released him, if indeed we even had one, but I personally would have kept him.

I've no idea how he's now performing at Dundee, so I could be talking pish.

BoomtownHibees
08-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Too true. Paul Hanlon tried to get his back line to push out at one point and they didn't. Instead of trying to force the issue, Hanlon just accepts this and steps back himself

Stokesy's on fire
09-08-2015, 08:35 AM
Claros would be handy! Bring him home.

easty
09-08-2015, 08:47 AM
Too true. Paul Hanlon tried to get his back line to push out at one point and they didn't. Instead of trying to force the issue, Hanlon just accepts this and steps back himself

Sorry...but are you saying Hanlons at fault in that situation? If he's told them to come out, and he's come out, then he's still telling them to come out, but they don't listen, he's nae choice but to drop back in. The other defenders are at fault not Hanlon. What do you want him to do? Physically drag them into position himself?

GreenLake
09-08-2015, 08:56 AM

A win would be a good start and a hat trick for Allan at the EBT dome would help further.

Smartie
09-08-2015, 09:12 AM
McGinn showed some leadership qualities.

Led by example by playing well himself and barked out a few orders too, seemed to question the lack of urgency around him.

IWasThere2016
09-08-2015, 08:01 PM

Been saying for an age we need an auld heid in the midfield viz Murdo McLeod..

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Been saying for an age we need an auld heid in the midfield viz Murdo McLeod..

Think Murdo is past it now.......

Big L
09-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Agree totally we need a leader, we haven't had one for a while. The team that humped the yams 6-2 was full of them, a Yogi type character would do, someone who wears his heart on his sleeve, this lot are to quiet. When things go wrong you want someone yelling at them wi the sleeves rolled up!!

BoomtownHibees
09-08-2015, 09:22 PM
Sorry...but are you saying Hanlons at fault in that situation? If he's told them to come out, and he's come out, then he's still telling them to come out, but they don't listen, he's nae choice but to drop back in. The other defenders are at fault not Hanlon. What do you want him to do? Physically drag them into position himself?

No what I'm saying is a stronger leader in that back line would have ensured the rest of them came out to where he wanted them to be. Hanlon doesn't have that type of leadership in him and it's what we are missing IMO

The Leith Dutch
10-08-2015, 10:24 AM
If Forster can stay fit and nail down a starting place I reckon he's a good leader.

I actually rate Hanlon as a defender but he looks far, far better when the other Centre Back is telling him what to do.

IWasThere2016
10-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Think Murdo is past it now.......

:greengrin