PDA

View Full Version : Post Match Comments

DaveF
08-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Has there been any yet? Would like to hear the managers assessment of today.

Ozyhibby
08-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Heard them. Same old stuff. You'll be disappointed.

Bostonhibby
08-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Less words more deeds for a while I feel.

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Stubbs better not defend that shower of *****. He should come out and tell it how it is. Sick of him defending the team as if they are kids.

high bee
08-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Stubbs better not defend that shower of *****. He should come out and tell it how it is. Sick of him defending the team as if they are kids.

This.

Alfred E Newman
08-08-2015, 05:58 PM
I don't need to hear them, I know them off by heart.

DaveF
08-08-2015, 06:02 PM
From the BBC website:

"Hibernian manager Alan Stubbs: "We've been poor at two set-pieces and that's what cost us the game.

"We were in enough good areas and we haven't found that pass. Saying that, we had a few chances but we couldn't put them away.

"I'm not going to let the players use what's happened over the last couple of weeks as an excuse."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33744899 - The wall for the winning goal as well.

emerald green
08-08-2015, 06:06 PM
From the BBC website:

"Hibernian manager Alan Stubbs: "We've been poor at two set-pieces and that's what cost us the game.

"We were in enough good areas and we haven't found that pass. Saying that, we had a few chances but we couldn't put them away.

"I'm not going to let the players use what's happened over the last couple of weeks as an excuse."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33744899 - The wall for the winning goal as well.

I think I heard these same excuses quite a few times last season.

overdrive
08-08-2015, 06:07 PM
From the BBC website:

Interesting comment about the last couple of weeks. The Allan crap obviously is getting to the players.

Stuarty27
08-08-2015, 06:08 PM
I dunno what's worse, Stubbs post match comments or the fact he took off Cummings at 2-1 down and replace him with Sam Stanton

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 06:08 PM
From the BBC website:

😴😴😴

Carheenlea
08-08-2015, 06:10 PM
Less words more deeds for a while I feel.

Absolutely.

R'Albin
08-08-2015, 06:10 PM
This isn't a dig at other posters but a question: what would you say if you were Stubbs?

I'm in no way defending him for today - but what else is e meant to say in this situation?

emerald green
08-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Interesting comment about the last couple of weeks. The Allan crap obviously is getting to the players.

I was called silly for daring to suggest that in an earlier post on another thread.

Hibernia&Alba
08-08-2015, 06:12 PM
From the BBC website:

Without having heard the interview, that comes across as rather banal stuff, and I'd prefer read more anger in reaction.

green day
08-08-2015, 06:14 PM
I dunno what's worse, Stubbs post match comments or the fact he took off Cummings at 2-1 down and replace him with Sam Stanton

OK, understand we are all sore but Stubbs can't come out and say " Christ I cannae believe we got beat by a bunch of plumbers and teachers " .

Like it or not, he has one external message and (probably) a number of messages to the players / staff etc.

I am pissed off, but still think there is a team in there when Carmichael Boyle Keating's are up and running.

We won't lose the league in August.

DaveF
08-08-2015, 06:15 PM
This isn't a dig at other posters but a question: what would you say if you were Stubbs?

I'm in no way defending him for today - but what else is e meant to say in this situation?

He could have said that the performance was unacceptable, and fell well below the standards he expects in amongst all the other sound bites.

He would not do that of course, as he wants to be courteous to the other team while trying to not generate a 'Stubbs hits out' headline for the press.

So, basically you are right :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
08-08-2015, 06:15 PM

Something like "I'm angry and will ensure the players know that. I'm sorry for the travelling fans and will ensure there is no repetition of unacceptable results like today's. I will never accept this at Hibernian".

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 06:22 PM

I'd say the players and myself have let the club down today. We will work hard through the week and prove we are better than this come next sat. Then give an apology to the fans who traveled.

ronaldo7
08-08-2015, 06:27 PM
He could have said that the performance was unacceptable, and fell well below the standards he expects in amongst all the other sound bites.

He would not do that of course, as he wants to be courteous to the other team while trying to not generate a 'Stubbs hits out' headline for the press.

I thought I heard him saying that it was unacceptable at the end of the bbc interview.:dunno:

Alfred E Newman
08-08-2015, 06:31 PM

" it is just not good enough to lose in this fashion to a part time club and one that has just lost their manager. The Hibernian support have stuck by us during a disastrous period for this famous club and they deserve better. I am not prepared to put up with results like this and I will be making it quite clear to the players that performances like this are not acceptable"

emerald green
08-08-2015, 06:34 PM
OK, understand we are all sore but Stubbs can't come out and say " Christ I cannae believe we got beat by a bunch of plumbers and teachers " .

Like it or not, he has one external message and (probably) a number of messages to the players / staff etc.

I am pissed off, but still think there is a team in there when Carmichael Boyle Keating's are up and running.

We won't lose the league in August.

I know what you are saying, it's a long season, but Hibs could essentially lose the league in August if they allow The Rangers to get too big a start.

Even if Hibs were to win our two home games in August against Morton and Raith Rovers (and sadly that's not a certainty IMHO) if Hibs lose at Ibrox they are already six points behind them. I don't see them dropping many points, and certainly not to the Dumbartons of this world. I just can't see that happening.

NAE NOOKIE
08-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Interesting comment about the last couple of weeks. The Allan crap obviously is getting to the players. Yeh ? .... Well they need to get a ****ing grip .... Oh boo hoo the nasty Rangers want our best player and we are all upset and the atmosphere around the dressing room isn't like a calm Zen Buddhist temple ...... tough, act like men ya bunch of pansies !!!!!

Lomondhibs
08-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Poor show that hibs can't defend set pieces what do they do at East mains all wk

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Poor show that hibs can't defend set pieces what do they do at East mains all wk

The first goal is the worst I've seen us concede in a long time , from the long ball that led to the freekick to the goal itself was a shambles

Stuarty27
08-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Fontaine looked like he was running through trickle at the first goal, out paced by a 34 year old journey man and too tired to stand up, two hand push in the back!

Looks miles off it.

Jim44
08-08-2015, 07:24 PM

Maybe our midfield are unable to put in challenging crosses or shots during training.

Jim44
08-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Fontaine looked like he was running through trickle at the first goal, out paced by a 34 year old journey man and too tired to stand up, two hand push in the back!

Looks miles off it.

That's worrying. Any time I've seen Fontaine I've been impressed by his composure and reading of situations. He had a nightmare against Sevco last week as well.

stubru59
08-08-2015, 07:30 PM
No doubt about it, the "distractions"of the last two weeks don't help. But that doesn't explain our inability to defend set pieces, or half decent crosses into the box. Those same basic defensive errors were our undoing on a number of occassions last season. Pre season is (or should be) about sorting these things out.

BSEJVT
08-08-2015, 07:56 PM
The most worrying thing of all isn't todays result, but that the fact that we have the same problems as plagued us last year and Stubbs seems powerless or clueless to address them.

We have a really poor goalie.

We have a defence that continuously loses bad goals.

We have a midfield that is far too narrow.

We have a poor chance to conversion ratio.

We have no leaders in the team.

We don't do well when we lose the first goal.

We have a manager whose ability to make substitutions and change the patters of play is extremely questionable.

We have made some really bizarre substitutions and failed to make others when we should have.

To be clear this isn't me calling for the managers head, but most of the above can be laid at his door and he really needs to step up to the plate and pronto.

CropleyisGod
08-08-2015, 08:18 PM
Yeh ? .... Well they need to get a ****ing grip .... Oh boo hoo the nasty Rangers want our best player and we are all upset and the atmosphere around the dressing room isn't like a calm Zen Buddhist temple ...... tough, act like men ya bunch of pansies !!!!!

Here here!

Hiber-nation
08-08-2015, 08:36 PM
The first goal is the worst I've seen us concede in a long time , from the long ball that led to the freekick to the goal itself was a shambles

It was indeed. Halnon sleeping (yet again), Fontaine giving away a ridiculous free kick, the inability to defend the mis-hit free kick....the rangers game all over. Don't even get me started on Oxley for the 2nd....Simon Brown all over again.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Everybody sitting around me was questioning Oxley's positioning at the 2nd free kick, it was glaringly obvious where it was going.

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Everybody sitting around me was questioning Oxley's positioning at the 2nd free kick, it was glaringly obvious where it was going.

Yeh I called it as soon as he set up the wall

Pretty Boy
08-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Yeh I called it as soon as he set up the wall

I think the only person in the ground who couldn't see where it was going was Mark Oxley.

There was enough room at the side of that wall to drive an artic lorry through.

Paisley Hibby
08-08-2015, 09:52 PM
The most worrying thing of all isn't todays result, but that the fact that we have the same problems as plagued us last year and Stubbs seems powerless or clueless to address them.

We have a really poor goalie.

We have a defence that continuously loses bad goals.

We have a midfield that is far too narrow.

We have a poor chance to conversion ratio.

We have no leaders in the team.

We don't do well when we lose the first goal.

We have a manager whose ability to make substitutions and change the patters of play is extremely questionable.

We have made some really bizarre substitutions and failed to make others when we should have.

To be clear this isn't me calling for the managers head, but most of the above can be laid at his door and he really needs to step up to the plate and pronto.

You are spot on with this analysis:agree:

Eyrie
08-08-2015, 10:08 PM
I have only two words to say to Stubbs.

Pace. Width.

GreenArmy1875
08-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Far to easy to get crosses into our box with no1 helping our full back or marking their full back.

InterviewLoI
09-08-2015, 12:34 PM
My interviews with Malonga and Martin Boyle will be up on Tuesday...

The Leith Dutch
09-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Yeh ? .... Well they need to get a ****ing grip .... Oh boo hoo the nasty Rangers want our best player and we are all upset and the atmosphere around the dressing room isn't like a calm Zen Buddhist temple ...... tough, act like men ya bunch of pansies !!!!!

This.

Assuming they have the vaguest hint of mental stength then talk of the transfer of one player to a rival club should not be affecting the ability of well paid professional footballers to comfortably beat a part time team.

southern hibby
09-08-2015, 01:14 PM

Left it for a day to reflect on it, but ( in my opinion ) AS, took of ( as you say ) Cummings for Stanton so basically a striker for a midfield player and next substitution was a midfield player off and brought on a striker ( Boyle ).
We could say Boyle was a midfield player / winger but at present I'm going to say that AS substitutions can be completely baffling and unbalancing to the team.
I personally would have taken Bartlett off moved fyvie into that position and Stanton into fyvie said leaving two strikers on the pitch.
However all said and done Hibs are very very static slow at going forward.
Though mcGinn looked hungry when he came on.
GGTTH

PercyHibs
09-08-2015, 01:39 PM
I have only two words to say to Stubbs.

Pace. Width.

You can have pace and width but if your fullbacks can't beat a man or cross the ball you'll always struggle. Neither Stevenson or Gray can do it consistently.

gaz1875
09-08-2015, 01:47 PM
You can have pace and width but if your fullbacks can't beat a man or cross the ball you'll always struggle. Neither Stevenson or Gray can do it consistently.

When we are dominating play we should play 3 at the back and get a winger on for Stevenson, his distribution is very poor and can't beat anyone with pace or skill, he is okay defensively but that's about it. The Montrose game was a great example, struggled to get a cross over or beat his man despite getting the ball time and again. As for Gray, another since an injury just hasn't been the same.

Eyrie
09-08-2015, 06:17 PM

Neither Gray nor Stevenson has genuine pace. Besides both players are fullbacks, so shouldn't be our only sources of pace and width. That is the role of the wide midfielders with the fullbacks in a supporting role.

Problem is that Stubbs doesn't play with wide midfielders because he prefers the diamond. Hopefully that will change with Carmichael and Boyle coming back.

The_Horde
09-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Neither Gray nor Stevenson has genuine pace. Besides both players are fullbacks, so shouldn't be our only sources of pace and width. That is the role of the wide midfielders with the fullbacks in a supporting role.

Problem is that Stubbs doesn't play with wide midfielders because he prefers the diamond. Hopefully that will change with Carmichael and Boyle coming back.

When we don't play with wingers we need to play 3 at the back to allow our full backs total freedom. It was our best formation last year, one we should go back to as soon as we have the opportunity.

Billy Whizz
09-08-2015, 07:50 PM
When we don't play with wingers we need to play 3 at the back to allow our full backs total freedom. It was our best formation last year, one we should go back to as soon as we have the opportunity.

Maybe that's why we're after Webster

Ronniekirk
09-08-2015, 08:52 PM

Did they give you any clue as to why we couldn't beat Dumarton :greengrin when you posting them

BoomtownHibees
09-08-2015, 09:02 PM

We shouldn't need to play 3 centre halfs against anybody in this league bar possibly the new huns.

Play 4 at the back and let them play as defenders with natural wingers further up the park that have pace, can beat a man and deliver good balls in to the box. We shouldn't be relying on full backs to be our main focus for attacks.

The_Horde
09-08-2015, 09:51 PM
We shouldn't need to play 3 centre halfs against anybody in this league bar possibly the new huns.

Play 4 at the back and let them play as defenders with natural wingers further up the park that have pace, can beat a man and deliver good balls in to the box. We shouldn't be relying on full backs to be our main focus for attacks.

No, but when we don't have wingers then the next best thing is the full backs. The same full backs who were key to us last season.

Eyrie
09-08-2015, 09:56 PM
No, but when we don't have wingers then the next best thing is the full backs. The same full backs who were key to us last season.

We had the same problem last season when it came to breaking teams down, and the solution is to play with pace and width. That means using wingers supported by full backs, not relying only on the full backs coming from a mile away which gives the defence time to adjust.

Hopefully Carmichael and Boyle will be the wingers, because if they're not then Stubbs has failed to learn from his mistakes.

The_Horde
09-08-2015, 09:57 PM
We had the same problem last season when it came to breaking teams down, and the solution is to play with pace and width. That means using wingers supported by full backs, not relying only on the full backs coming from a mile away which gives the defence time to adjust.

Hopefully Carmichael and Boyle will be the wingers, because if they're not then Stubbs has failed to learn from his mistakes.

They will be.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-08-2015, 02:36 AM

Look forward to them mate. Always enjoyed your hibs-related stuff!

R'Albin
11-08-2015, 09:12 AM

Something like "I'm angry and will ensure the players know that. I'm sorry for the travelling fans and will ensure there is no repetition of unacceptable results like today's. I will never accept this at Hibernian".

I'd say the players and myself have let the club down today. We will work hard through the week and prove we are better than this come next sat. Then give an apology to the fans who traveled.

" it is just not good enough to lose in this fashion to a part time club and one that has just lost their manager. The Hibernian support have stuck by us during a disastrous period for this famous club and they deserve better. I am not prepared to put up with results like this and I will be making it quite clear to the players that performances like this are not acceptable"

To be honest, I don't really disagree with any of those replies. Just interested as for years I've seen managers get stick on these threads, although probably justifiably :greengrin