PDA

View Full Version : Teams don't fear us.

GlasgowHibee
08-08-2015, 04:26 PM
I think this has been issue for us for a long time, teams don't fear us. People see Hibs as a team who they can steal points from, or take a point here or there.

Easter Road isn't a fortress and our away from is tempermental at best, but the point remains. We need to make opponents fear us, start games by getting in their faces, taking the ball of them, even bullying them.

I just don't see people in our team who are able to bully opponents.

high bee
08-08-2015, 04:27 PM
It should be us scoring in the first few minutes not our opponents.

There's no urgency in our play.

One Day Soon
08-08-2015, 04:27 PM
I fear Hibs.

Jim44
08-08-2015, 04:32 PM
We have been the softest touch in Scottish football for years. We moan at the 'disrespect' of the Scottish media who see a us as an easy target for p!ss taking, but it's getting harder by the year to shake off that reputation.

emerald green
08-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Of course teams don't fear Hibs. What is there to fear to be brutally honest?

Most teams these days are organised (even part-time ones), and can make games difficult to win for teams that defend poorly, like Hibs. They don't have to be anything special TBH.

Teams generally haven't "feared" Hibs for a very long time.

sidjames
08-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Of course teams don't fear Hibs. What is there to fear to be brutally honest?

Most teams these days are organised (even part-time ones), and can make games difficult to win for teams that defend poorly, like Hibs. They don't have to be anything special TBH.

Teams generally haven't "feared" Hibs for a very long time.
If Hibs played in a league of only Hibs teams we would still be the softest touch.

madhatter
08-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Nothing on the pitch has really changed. Nicer build up play than Butcher's time (night and day) but in terms of grinding out results (most important part of football) then we are completely useless. Fear is not something teams will be associating with playing Hibs.

PISTOL1875
08-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Of course teams don't fear us.. It's easy to play against us.. The tempo we play at is so slow that by the time we get to the final third , teams are camped in with 2 banks of 4 or a 4 and a 5.. We play around 400 passes across the back and in midfield with no purpose.. We need to increase the tempo we play at , play and make the pitch as wide as we possibly can and maybe teams will be more wary of us.. Until our build up play changes then this observation won't change I am afraid..

Onion
08-08-2015, 04:41 PM
I think this has been issue for us for a long time, teams don't fear us. People see Hibs as a team who they can steal points from, or take a point here or there.

Easter Road isn't a fortress and our away from is tempermental at best, but the point remains. We need to make opponents fear us, start games by getting in their faces, taking the ball of them, even bullying them.

We shouldn't need teams to fear us. I don't recall teams crapping themselves at the prospect of playing Hearts last season. But as soon as the game kicked off, Hearts imposed themselves on teams, driven by their own ambition and desire to win and not the weakness of the opposition.

Hibs90
08-08-2015, 04:51 PM
No leader on the pitch :agree:

bill the hibby
08-08-2015, 04:53 PM
A simple answer to the OP: why should they.

Franck Stanton
08-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Of course teams don't fear us.. It's easy to play against us.. The tempo we play at is so slow that by the time we get to the final third , teams are camped in with 2 banks of 4 or a 4 and a 5.. We play around 400 passes across the back and in midfield with no purpose.. We need to increase the tempo we play at , play and make the pitch as wide as we possibly can and maybe teams will be more wary of us.. Until our build up play changes then this observation won't change I am afraid..

The words "Nail" "Hit" and "Head" come to mind mate. Summed up the position very well. :top marks

Baader
08-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Why would any team fear Hibs? Anyone with half a game plan can beat us. When we are favourites teams just roll their sleeves up and we manage to balls it up. Must be the one fixture any club can't wait for and its been like that for far too long a time sadly.

NorthNorfolkHFC
08-08-2015, 05:08 PM
We don't give them reason to fear us.

We are a very 'nice' side. We don't demonstrate aggression and when we go ahead we don't show desire to really embarrass teams we should be.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Shanksaidno
08-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Clock ticking fir Stubbs I am afraid

Shanksaidno
08-08-2015, 05:21 PM
No . .

emerald green
08-08-2015, 05:30 PM
I'm actually beginning to fear for Hibs if results don't start improving drastically, starting next week.

This isn't based just on today's result, terrible as it was.

08-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Well why would they? We have very little aggression in our team

macd123
08-08-2015, 06:37 PM
We shouldn't need teams to fear us. I don't recall teams crapping themselves at the prospect of playing Hearts last season. But as soon as the game kicked off, Hearts imposed themselves on teams, driven by their own ambition and desire to win and not the weakness of the opposition.

Of course they feared hearts. I would fear for my shins too playing against gomis and buaben.

dmc1875
08-08-2015, 07:04 PM
What is there to fear?

Put two men on Allan as he's our only creator, give us space wide because we play narrow and neither of our wing backs can cross a ball, and bully the front two.

Do that and play balls over the top of our back two and have decent set pieces and that's you onto a winner against us

MWHIBBIES
08-08-2015, 07:46 PM
They do, that is why they park the ****ing bus at Easter Road.

Sammy7nil
09-08-2015, 07:08 AM
Well why would they? We have very little aggression in our team

They do, that is why they park the ****ing bus at Easter Road.

That is not fear that is tactic that works against this team

BigT-Hibeez
09-08-2015, 08:09 AM

I hate to agree with you but yeah, you're right! No disrespect to Lewis Stevenson but he's our longest standing player, and folk say he's Hibs, but if thats all we have as a commitment to the badge etc then we're ****ed!!!

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2015, 08:13 AM
No leader on the pitch :agree:

What happened to Gray and Fontaine being the leaders? Read loads about it on here last year.

Stokesy's on fire
09-08-2015, 08:30 AM
In sport nobody has the right to turn up and win. Why should anyone fear anyone?

GreenLake
09-08-2015, 08:50 AM
I fear Hibs.

Me too.

Eyrie
09-08-2015, 10:16 AM
That is not fear that is tactic that works against this team
Because we are too slow and too narrow.

GreenArmyyy!
09-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Clock ticking fir Stubbs I am afraid

I hope that's supposed to be a joke.

The Leith Dutch
09-08-2015, 10:30 AM
Of course they feared hearts. I would fear for my shins too playing against gomis and buaben.

For all that that's light hearted and much as I hate saying it - the yams played the division the perfect way to have teams fearing you:
Two guys to harass, kick and bully you off the ball and give it to four attacking players who went for the jugular rather than doing a low rent Arsenal and trying to pass it in.

A lot of talk on here about us as though the problem was that we didn't sign players that we'll *never* sign - defenders who make no mistakes, 20 goal midfielders and goal a game strikers - when the real problem is we need to be nastier and more direct.

rcarter1
09-08-2015, 10:33 AM
For all that that's light hearted and much as I hate saying it - the yams played the division the perfect way to have teams fearing you:
Two guys to harass, kick and bully you off the ball and give it to four attacking players who went for the jugular rather than doing a low rent Arsenal and trying to pass it in.

A lot of talk on here about us as though the problem was that we didn't sign players that we'll *never* sign - defenders who make no mistakes, 20 goal midfielders and goal a game strikers - when the real problem is we need to be nastier and more direct.

100% Agree :top marks

Our players are decent quality, and there is no point in shopping for superstars. Its all the rest you mention that we lack.