PDA

View Full Version : Our support

The_Horde
08-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Are embarrassing. That's all. We don't deserve anything as long as these idiots support us. Losers

Diclonius
08-08-2015, 03:56 PM
What did they do?

overdrive
Are embarrassing. That's all. We don't deserve anything as long as these idiots support us. Losers

Eh?

andy1875
Care to elaborate?

emerald green
08-08-2015, 03:57 PM
What are you on about?

Jpdhfc
08-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Aye it's the supporters fault we got beat

Greencore
08-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Did you press the submit button by yourself?

Carheenlea
08-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Pretty Boy made comment of our fans fighting amongst themselves?

Pretty Boy
08-08-2015, 04:04 PM
About 6 folk fighting amongst themselves makes those of us who back the team home and away every weeks losers aye?

Get a grip. Majority of fans were fine today as always.

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Not a good feeling at all today.

Scottie
Pretty Boy made comment of our fans fighting amongst themselves?
Flaming help that's all we need.

Get them on the pitch as by the sounds of it our team need a bit o fight in them. :rolleyes:

Scorrie

Whit? Surely the other way round - not sure the players deserve the support they get season after season.

B.H.F.C
08-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Never mind the bloody support. What about our team?

Baader
08-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Should be grateful anyone parts with their hard earned cash to watch us. Overall it's been a miserable experience for years.

Jones28
08-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Oh dear. It's gonna be a long season.

HappyHanlon
08-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Just the usual clowns fighting among ourselves. Only took 1 league game this time sadly.

Hibernia&Alba
08-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Any numpties fighting amongst themselves are showing the club up no doubt, but the vast majority deserved better for their time and expense today. They were badly let down by the team.

Carheenlea
08-08-2015, 04:23 PM
About 6 folk fighting amongst themselves makes those of us who back the team home and away every weeks losers aye?

Get a grip. Majority of fans were fine today as always.

Still disappointing to hear - but you're right, the support will continue to support the team on a weekly basis, and those that go home and away deserve a lot better than this.

The_Horde
08-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Wee bit caught up in the moment, not all of our supporters but I don't just mean the people who were fighting. Theres a vast amount of our supporters who can't wait to chastise the team.

People went mental at someone abusing Scott allan but then someone abused Hanlon and nobody said anything.

People were correct to shout down those muppets but why stop there? Why is it then acceptable to abuse others. Ones who want to play for Hibs.

I agree with PB. Horrible day.

andy1875
08-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Wee bit caught up in the moment, not all of our supporters but I don't just mean the people who were fighting. Theres a vast amount of our supporters who can't wait to chastise the team.

People went mental at someone abusing Scott allan but then someone abused Hanlon and nobody said anything.

People were correct to shout down those muppets but why stop there? Why is it then acceptable to abuse others. Ones who want to play for Hibs.

Go and have a few beers mate and forget the day happened. There's nothing you, me or any of us can do to change it!

I'm past the stage of letting Hibs ruin my Saturday nights!

My_Wife_Camille
08-08-2015, 04:47 PM

Agree with this. Absolutely horrible that so many fans were that quick to jump to the defence of a player who wants to leave yet nobody seemed to have a problem when Hanlon, Gray or Stevenson were receiving similar abuse

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Hibs have loads of twats, but so do most teams these days!

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Agree with this. Absolutely horrible that so many fans were that quick to jump to the defence of a player who wants to leave yet nobody seemed to have a problem when Hanlon, Gray or Stevenson were receiving similar abuse

Abusing hibs players is horrible ,,full stop.

oconnors_strip
08-08-2015, 04:55 PM
It was embarrassing seeing grown up men wanting a square go with each other and ready to jump over seats and people to get to each other!

Andy74
08-08-2015, 04:57 PM
The Allan situation isn't helping anyone. First time he even acknowledged there was a support there today was when he looked towards the one fan who gave him stick. He is at it and I would still rather he wasn't playing for us.

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 04:57 PM
The Allan situation isn't helping anyone. First time he even acknowledged there was a support there today was when he looked towards the one fan who gave him stick. He is at it and I would still rather he wasn't playing for us.

Bollocks

Andy74
08-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Bollocks

Which part? Is the Allan situation doing us some good then?

He got a lot if support today he ignored then glared at the first negative comment he got.

He doesn't want to be here. I wouldn't play him. His actions are leading to guys fighting amongst themselves.

This is what happens when players actively say they don't want to be here.

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Your wrong . he applauded the fans twice when taking corners. That's the bit that your wrong with. And if someone was abusing me I'd glare as well

Idiots who want to fight amongst themselves will find any excuse

And idiots who want to abuse players will do it long after Allan had moved on

God Petrie
08-08-2015, 05:05 PM
Allan moved over to near the dugouts before the third sub. Seems like he expected to be taken off. Says it all about his attitude. I'd rather we didn't play him to be honest. I find the adulation the fans seem to give him embarrassing.

ALF TUPPER
08-08-2015, 05:06 PM
There was no fighting just a couple of numpties arguing and challenging one another to pistols at dawn.
Embarrassing.

On the subject of embarrassment......... It's going to be a long season I think

Steve20
08-08-2015, 05:07 PM
The fighting is out of order but FFS people are criticising cos AGAIN the team and management have let us down. So under prepared for the season again.

"In Stubbs we trust" will get trotted out again despite his poor results since he joined.

Supporters fault though cos we pick the team right enough.

Green-Hibee-7
08-08-2015, 05:10 PM
To be fair I've seen it happen quite a lot over the years especially at places like Hampden, but I noticed one of the clowns the day who's got previous.

He's always 'going to' go upto the boy he's arguing with but funnily enough never does. Thankfully I should add.

It's just a bit embarrassing and helps nobody.

ALF TUPPER
08-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Your wrong . he applauded the fans twice when taking corners. That's the bit that your wrong with. And if someone was abusing me I'd glare as well

Idiots who want to fight amongst themselves will find any excuse

And idiots who want to abuse players will do it long after Allan had moved on

Yeah. He applauded the support. 👍

Bishop Hibee
08-08-2015, 05:14 PM

He got a lot if support today he ignored then glared at the first negative comment he got.

He doesn't want to be here. I wouldn't play him. His actions are leading to guys fighting amongst themselves.

Makes me mad the way he's played Hibs like an old fiddle. If anyone other than newco come in with an acceptable offer to Hibs and Allan he'll be gone.

Shame as he's our best player but the blame lies with him, not Hibs.

The Green Goblin
08-08-2015, 05:26 PM

Makes me mad the way he's played Hibs like an old fiddle. If anyone other than newco come in with an acceptable offer to Hibs and Allan he'll be gone.

Shame as he's our best player but the blame lies with him, not Hibs.

I see what you are saying......but....that would mean that Rangers' much mocked repeated pathetic bids and manipulated media campaign have succeeded. Are we conceding defeat and thinking we shouldn't play him now? Isn't that just exactly what they want?

Canon Hannan
08-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Was 50/50 going but decided to attend the William Wallace commemoration at Robroyston and glad I did. The last 8 years have cost Hibs thousands of supporters. Out of the 10 season ticket holders that used to go to games there is only 1 now. One day Hibs will invest and buy a star again.

Andy74
08-08-2015, 05:28 PM
I see what you are saying......but....that would mean that Rangers' much mocked repeated pathetic bids and manipulated media campaign have succeeded. Are we conceding defeat and thinking we shouldn't play him now? Isn't that just exactly what they want?

Would have meant nothing if Allan himself didn't ask to leave. That's the issue not the bids.

ALF TUPPER
08-08-2015, 05:39 PM
By the way .... Well done the boys and girls doing the singing. Kept it going.... good effort everyone 👍

Sir David Gray
08-08-2015, 05:53 PM
I saw one total clown (I won't describe him in case he posts on here/is known to someone on here) who should have been chucked out for his obnoxious and provocative behaviour on more than one occasion.

Apart from that, the support was fine considering we've just witnessed yet another kick to the nether regions.

ronaldo7
08-08-2015, 06:03 PM

The guy who looked like this started by shouting to SA to get his head into the game.

He was then slaughtered by most around him as being a plonker. It then escalated with a couple of guys threatening each other from about 10 rows apart.

First game of the season, and it's all falling apart.

Onwards, and Upwards, as they say.

Diclonius
08-08-2015, 06:08 PM

The guy who looked like this

:faf:

SquashedFrogg
08-08-2015, 06:10 PM

The guy who looked like this started by shouting to SA to get his head into the game.

He was then slaughtered by most around him as being a plonker. It then escalated with a couple of guys threatening each other from about 10 rows apart.

:aok:

More than ever we all need to stick together. Christ, one league game in and it's carnage. If you've watched our team for any length of time you'll know we never do things the easy way.

Solidarity and support is required.

The players and club have the same aim as we do - to get us up.... Let's all stick together :flag::flag:

My_Wife_Camille
08-08-2015, 06:11 PM

Makes me wonder why the people shouting at Malonga, Stevenson, Gray and Hanlon weren't slaughtered by the people around them.

Scott Allan was applauded and cheered the whole game whether he did something good or bad yet the players mentioned above were given a much harder time and nobody rose to their defence in such a manner.

Im not one for giving players stick at the games at all but I do think it's particularly unfair that the only player who seemed to warrant any defending from the fans was the one player who has expressed his desire to leave the club.

and by the way, the people slagging off the guys appearance is the most shameful thing about the situation.

rcarter1
08-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Was 50/50 going but decided to attend the William Wallace commemoration at Robroyston and glad I did. The last 8 years have cost Hibs thousands of supporters. Out of the 10 season ticket holders that used to go to games there is only 1 now. One day Hibs will invest and buy a star again.

Buying a star is short termism, and the lost fans won't fall for it. A few good games and the star will be all over the daily record professing his love for some or other 'big' club. We need a club, full of players that we can afford, that are closely knit and falling over themselves to get into the team. Belief and fighting for each other is what Alan is no doubt trying to achieve. Its been so long since we had real club unity, Im not sure anyone knows what it is!

ronaldo7
08-08-2015, 06:14 PM
:aok:

More than ever we all need to stick together. Christ, one league game in and it's carnage. If you've watched our team for any length of time you'll know we never do things the easy way.

Solidarity and support is required.

The players and club have the same aim as we do - to get us up.... Let's all stick together :flag::flag:

Sorry, I meant in the stands.

I'll be there next week. as per. The shadow boxing only seems to take place away from ER.

The_Horde
08-08-2015, 06:17 PM

:hilarious

08-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Unfortunately there are idiots in the support. Every football club in the land has some idiots that follow them.

Stuarty27
08-08-2015, 06:24 PM
The guy in the red shirt is a nightmare, if you sit in section 39 in East you will know who he is!

We ended up moving seat cause couldn't be bothered with him!

What's worse is he goes with two wee laddies.

Can understand fans frustrations with that performance but his shouts were horrific.

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 06:28 PM
I'm just glad I was out the way with the wee man. It has to be said the majority of guys are great . Inc the signing section who tried their best in dire circumstances.

SquashedFrogg
08-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Sorry, I meant in the stands.

I'll be there next week. as per. The shadow boxing only seems to take place away from ER.

Wasn't a dig at your post, more a general statement mate :aok:

AJWisme
08-08-2015, 06:35 PM
I felt like I was surrounded by more plonkers today than usual to be honest. There's always the generic "That was f***ing s***" and such things directed at players.

However, some things were just outlandish. Some guy screaming and greetin' about how Malonga's first touch is "ALWAYS awful" and that the ball bounces off him constantly. Now, you can say a lot of things about Malonga but I think his touch is probably his best attribute.

Players like Gray and Fyvie (who were awful today IMO) will get a bye from criticism from the stands due to their better performances in the past. I reckon frustration is then taken out on the more usual suspects, even if they don't deserve it on the day.

In saying all that, I try not to give direct insults at players (nor try to distract them when they're taking throw-ins which is was the result of some lassie having way too much to drink before she came in) but I am guilty of shouting at the team in general.

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 06:38 PM
I felt like I was surrounded by more plonkers today than usual to be honest. There's always the generic "That was f***ing s***" and such things directed at players.

However, some things were just outlandish. Some guy screaming and greetin' about how Malonga's first touch is "ALWAYS awful" and that the ball bounces off him constantly. Now, you can say a lot of things about Malonga but I think his touch is probably his best attribute.

Players like Gray and Fyvie (who were awful today IMO) will get a bye from criticism from the stands due to their better performances in the past. I reckon frustration is then taken out on the more usual suspects, even if they don't deserve it on the day.

In saying all that, I try not to give direct insults at players (nor try to distract them when they're taking throw-ins which is was the result of some lassie having way too much to drink before she came in) but I am guilty of shouting at the team in general.

You must have been near me lol. It seemed hostile from the start, the lassie was wasted and finished the game by having a domestic with her other half lol . I'm glad I can take football with a pinch of salt nowadays. Its unfortunate though as I can see people lose interest with every passing bad result

theonlywayisup
08-08-2015, 06:38 PM

I was close to 'lumberjack' man. He needs to chill seriously. "F@@k off you hun b@@@@@d", was his first comment after a few minutes. Then followed was constant abuse directed at Allan. He came out with the 'I pay my money, I can shout what I want' comment.

It was tiresome to those supporters to have the misfortune to sit around him and about 5 other clowns. "Fyvie, p!ss of you sheep s@@@@@g b@@@@@d", was another comment by this group of supporters. "Oxley, you're the worst ever Hibs goalie, ever", was another scream.

With fans like this, who needs enemies!!!

Unfortunately it is plums like this that are giving the many good Hibs fans, and there were many there today, a bad name. The singing section tried hard but could not raise spirits on nor off the pitch.

I'm afraid that it's idiots like those today rather than the team performance that would stop me from going to away games. Thank goodness, I don't sit near clowns like these at ER.

theonlywayisup
08-08-2015, 06:40 PM
The guy in the red shirt is a nightmare, if you sit in section 39 in East you will know who he is!

We ended up moving seat cause couldn't be bothered with him!

What's worse is he goes with two wee laddies.

Can understand fans frustrations with that performance but his shouts were horrific.

Yes 'lumberjack' man as someone shouted!!

AJWisme
08-08-2015, 06:41 PM
You must have been near me lol. It seemed hostile from the start, the lassie was wasted and finished the game by having a domestic with her other half lol . I'm glad I can take football with a pinch of salt nowadays. Its unfortunate though as I can see people lose interest with every passing bad result

Towards the front on the very left of the stand?

Yeah, one of the not nicer atmospheres I've started a season in to be honest.

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Towards the front on the very left of the stand?

Yeah, one of the not nicer atmospheres I've started a season in to be honest.

Yeh that's where I was. It actually seems like we were in one of the tamer areas for abuse lol

basehibby
08-08-2015, 06:46 PM
With the utter pish we have had to endure over the years is it any wonder that a proportion of those fans that are left are somewhat deranged?!?

I dislike hearing negativity from our fans as I always thought that there was a clue to the purpose of football fans in the word "support". But if the team are going to subject us to pathetic drivel like they have in the last couple of weeks then I seriously cannot find it in my heart to criticise those who cannot contain their fury and express it by tearing a strip off the team.

Lets face it - after getting dry humped at home off one of our oldest and bitterest rivals and following that up by losing a must win fixture against a bunch of part timers - they deserve every word of vicious bollocking they get.

Pretty Boy
08-08-2015, 06:51 PM
It was embarrassing seeing grown up men wanting a square go with each other and ready to jump over seats and people to get to each other!

Your solution of get them on the park as they'd show a bit more fight than the players was a good one imo.

GreenArmyyy!
08-08-2015, 06:53 PM

That's excellent news, hope you had a great day.

Argylehibby
08-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Makes me wonder why the people shouting at Malonga, Stevenson, Gray and Hanlon weren't slaughtered by the people around them.

Scott Allan was applauded and cheered the whole game whether he did something good or bad yet the players mentioned above were given a much harder time and nobody rose to their defence in such a manner.

Im not one for giving players stick at the games at all but I do think it's particularly unfair that the only player who seemed to warrant any defending from the fans was the one player who has expressed his desire to leave the club.

and by the way, the people slagging off the guys appearance is the most shameful thing about the situation.

The problem with the abuse at Scott Allan was it had nothing to do with his performance today. When one of our own fans spends most of the day telling our best player and on the day one of the few who got close to pass marks to "f### off you Hun bas### I think those around him were entitled to air their opinion. They're also entitled to show their support for SA. One of the very few who seemed to back him suggested that he was entitled to give his opinion so if that's the case so should everyone else.

I hope his kids got home safely. He was more interested in arranging a fight outside and seemed to forget they were with him.

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 07:06 PM
The problem with the abuse at Scott Allan was it had nothing to do with his performance today. When one of our own fans spends most of the day telling our best player and on the day one of the few who got close to pass marks to "f### off you Hun bas### I think those around him were entitled to air their opinion. They're also entitled to show their support for SA. One of the very few who seemed to back him suggested that he was entitled to give his opinion so if that's the case so should everyone else.

I hope his kids got home safely. He was more interested in arranging a fight outside and seemed to forget they were with him.

Pretty much mirror my feelings. Good post

CallumLaidlaw
08-08-2015, 07:09 PM
What I don't like is my 10 year old son shouting "come on Scotty Allan" and then some smartarse behind me shouting in response "aye, come on you Hun c***"
lovely eh!!!

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 07:12 PM
What I don't like is my 10 year old son shouting "come on Scotty Allan" and then some smartarse behind me shouting in response "aye, come on, U.S. Hun c***"
lovely eh!!!

No need at all. People have mentioned how he needs to get his head down and move on from it because he's no getting his move. IMO he has done that on the pitch and his attitude has been top drawer today. Should these fans not be doing the same as they expect him to do ?

Baldy Foghorn
08-08-2015, 07:29 PM

Don't tar all with the same brush please.........

Baldy Foghorn
08-08-2015, 07:34 PM
What I don't like is my 10 year old son shouting "come on Scotty Allan" and then some smartarse behind me shouting in response "aye, come on you Hun c***"
lovely eh!!!

Poor stuff C:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
08-08-2015, 07:35 PM

Great, hope you enjoyed your day:rolleyes:

B.H.F.C
08-08-2015, 07:36 PM

Correct. The boy up the back that was a bit on the angry side is far from a 'poor' Hibs supporter.

Www1875hfc
08-08-2015, 07:42 PM
lovely eh!!!

That was a tongue in cheek comment, to the response of the people arguing to the left hand side of you.
The boys in front of you seen the funny side of the cheeky comment.

And it wasn't in response to your 10 year old son.
It was when Scott was about to take the free kick,and was meant as a bit of lighthearted humour.

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 07:45 PM

Exactly. My mind is actually that twisted I would say I am glad I was there lol.

PercyHibs
08-08-2015, 07:50 PM

Kicked off again at the train station when him and his mate threatened a 16 year old lad. He's a disgrace. Should be banned.

Baldy Foghorn
08-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Exactly. My mind is actually that twisted I would say I am glad I was there lol.

A handful of bad comments, a couple of guys having a mexican stand off, out of 700+......We have some GREAT followers, opening post obviously written in frustration.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Kicked off again at the train station when him and his mate threatened a 16 year old lad. He's a disgrace. Should be banned.

Theres always two two sides to every story, if it's the same laddie I seen outside the stand he was giving plenty lip to the other angry man just after the game. If you give it out and all that.

oconnors_strip
08-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Your solution of get them on the park as they'd show a bit more fight than the players was a good one imo.

Thanks. also was willing to give a loan of my handbag so they could have a fight in the stands :greengrin

PercyHibs
08-08-2015, 08:15 PM
Theres always two two sides to every story, if it's the same laddie I seen outside the stand he was giving plenty lip to the other angry man just after the game. If you give it out and all that.

Possibly. But I think 2 guys in they're 40s threatening a 16yr year old is out of order. No matter what he said.

Maybe a talking to if he was being an arse but not threatening him.

brisbanehibs
08-08-2015, 08:33 PM
A handful of bad comments, a couple of guys having a mexican stand off, out of 700+......We have some GREAT followers, opening post obviously written in frustration.
I agree Baldy we do have some great followers and always have had as no doubt do other teams.

However given the forum is all about debate I thought I would add my observations from today having taken my son to his first ever Hibs game after we have returned home after several years abroad.

We endured the romantic couple down the front left for most of the game as was mentioned in previous post, she had a mouth like a sewer but let's put it down to drink. We watched grown men act like teenagers looking for a square go with kids sitting nearby and all the while listening to countless fans constantly bad mouthing the players like it was a default setting. Then at the end of it all David Gray had the temerity to applaud the fans and was treated to a heap of abuse from a small group towards the centre of the stand. It is the first game of the season FFS.

My son says he wants to go back but I'm not so sure. I love Hibs and always will do and followed them everywhere when I first lived here. We DO have great fans but today was really grim for me to be honest and really question whether it's right to sit a young kid through crap like this on an ongoing basis....hopefully just written in frustration as you suggest but was a really grim experience to be honest. Maybe this is really a debate about taking kids to games to be fair. But if we all avoid it because of days like today we won't have a fan base in a few years....

And well done to the singing squad, great effort in difficult circumstances!

Sent from my Tab2A7-10F using Tapatalk

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 08:39 PM
I agree Baldy we do have some great followers and always have had as no doubt do other teams.

However given the forum is all about debate I thought I would add my observations from today having taken my son to his first ever Hibs game after we have returned home after several years abroad.

We endured the romantic couple down the front left for most of the game as was mentioned in previous post, she had a mouth like a sewer but let's put it down to drink. We watched grown men act like teenagers looking for a square go with kids sitting nearby and all the while listening to countless fans constantly bad mouthing the players like it was a default setting. Then at the end of it all David Gray had the temerity to applaud the fans and was treated to a heap of abuse from a small group towards the centre of the stand. It is the first game of the season FFS.

My son says he wants to go back but I'm not so sure. I love Hibs and always will do and followed them everywhere when I first lived here. We DO have great fans but today was really grim for me to be honest and really question whether it's right to sit a young kid through crap like this on an ongoing basis....hopefully just written in frustration as you suggest but was a really grim experience to be honest. Maybe this is really a debate about taking kids to games to be fair. But if we all avoid it because of days like today we won't have a fan base in a few years....

Good post , mirrors my thoughts

GreenArmyyy!
08-08-2015, 08:40 PM
The two guys, one at the back and one in the middle of the stand, standing threatening and goading each other in front of women and children need to get a grip of their pathetic existences. An absolute disgrace and very sad human beings.

ronaldo7
08-08-2015, 09:00 PM

The guys with the Drum were superb. More power to their elbows.

Brooster
09-08-2015, 06:14 AM
Checked shirt man is entitled to his opinion of course but why come along and air it in such a way. He has previous, Ive always laughed him off buf yesterday I was squirming at his comments from 20 seats away, god knows what his kids think of him. As for his mate and guy in back row row posturing an inviting each other outside dearie me what an embarassment. Why do folk like that never just go outside for a pagger? My money was on the older boy in back row haha. Mind you the other boy did have a point about Oxley being absolutely tom kite.

Sir David Gray
09-08-2015, 11:33 AM
The two guys, one at the back and one in the middle of the stand, standing threatening and goading each other in front of women and children need to get a grip of their pathetic existences. An absolute disgrace and very sad human beings.

It was all rather sad to be honest, especially when you consider that both men involved looked to be in their 40s. The guy in the middle of the stand was having an argument with someone else at full time and I think the Police got involved with that one. I don't know what ended up happening there as I was leaving the ground at the time but two officers went past me on their way to deal with the incident.

We can really do without that kind of stuff. Yesterday was depressing enough without seeing fans having a go at each other and wanting to see each other outside for a fight.

As you say, it was quite pathetic.

Hibee Ryan
09-08-2015, 02:43 PM
My mate said before the game "Watch out for that boy" directing it at the lumber jack boy as he ended up in the same row as us.

Felt sorry for his kids, thought he got it a little hard at first but he just wouldn't stop and people were taking their frustrations out as well on him then his mates got involved and instead of making things better just tried to fight with anyone that was saying anything.

Hard to watch us get beat by Dumbarton but it does make it 10x worse listening to ********s make some shocking shouts. Boy has got previous and I think with it being the same people that go to away games the guys that started shouting back knew that.

les83
09-08-2015, 04:35 PM
I think the police came up to lift shirt man but didn't when they saw he had kids with him. He certainly didn't get launched as we saw him at the station. The behaviour of a small section was very poor yesterday and I'm not going to condone that but I do wish the players had even a fraction of the fight that the fans have. We were absolutely woeful, I'd struggle to give anyone pass marks. To sell out away from home then absolutely bottle it is sadly becoming classic Hibs. I think we've every right to feel deeply frustrated and concerned at our inability to beat part timers. If we don't buck up our ideas quickly we could be facing the prospect of glamour ties of this nature for many seasons to come.
On the Allan thing, I'm not going to hurl abuse at him and I don't think others should either but I do find myself asking why he put in a formal transfer request? Surely he must've known that that was going to attract the attention of certain elements of our support. Whether he wants to play for us or not he's our player till next June so I sincerely hope Hibs stick to their guns and don't let him go to sevco, even if that means paying him to warm the bench...

God Petrie
09-08-2015, 04:59 PM
What exactly were they saying to each other. Was miles away so couldn't hear.

Chuck Rhoades
09-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Shame people cannot focus their energy on backing the team vocally.

As I said after the Sevco game, I'd never boo a player in a Hibs jersey but also do not understand why he is getting special attention considering handing in a transfer request.

liamh2202
09-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Shame people cannot focus their energy on backing the team vocally.

As I said after the Sevco game, I'd never boo a player in a Hibs jersey but also do not understand why he is getting special attention considering handing in a transfer request.

I don't think he got special attention. There was a point in the second half lewis took some stick and everyone around me applauded him and drowned out out. Allan is our best player by a mile . I personally don't think he has done anything that anyone else In his shoes wouldn't have done but that's a different thread. He's a hibs player so he deserved the backing. What I don't like is groups of supporters who, because they don't agree with it think that it should be the view of the whole support. Some of the shouts yesterday were shambolic. And all the people around me were of the same opinion although no one shouted about it. Just remmber, giving a player backing is not a crime . even if in your opinion that player doesn't deserve it some other supporters think he does .

Sir David Gray
09-08-2015, 05:26 PM
What exactly were they saying to each other. Was miles away so couldn't hear.

Not sure what actually started it but there were a few obscenities being thrown back and forward before they challenged each other to a fight outside several times before the guy at the back went to go for the other guy but he was held back by the people beside him before the stewards got involved.

It was all rather embarrassing.

Lucius Apuleius
09-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Last Saturday summed it up for me. Stanton tried to pass a ball to Stevenson and it was 10 yards behind him. At the same time I shouted to Stanton to get his head up, the boy next to me shouted he was a useless $#@%&@#. I wonder which one would give him a bit of confidence.

Eyrie
09-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Last Saturday summed it up for me. Stanton tried to pass a ball to Stevenson and it was 10 yards behind him. At the same time I shouted to Stanton to get his head up, the boy next to me shouted he was a useless $#@%&@#. I wonder which one would give him a bit of confidence.

I wonder which approach the guy next to you would prefer from his boss next time he makes a mistake at work.

Canon Hannan
09-08-2015, 06:33 PM
That's excellent news, hope you had a great day.

Thanks very much. It was excellent - great to meet lovely people.

CallumLaidlaw
09-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Yesterday seemed to have a particular edge amongst the crowd. My lad has been to Ibrox with me, sat around the fans at the Malmo drubbing, and the first half against Falkirk, as well as most home games in the last 5 years, and is pretty blaze about the bad language at the matches as I've explained to him that it's something that happens. But even he commented to me yesterday that there seemed a lot of anger and that "everyone is using the F word".

flash
10-08-2015, 07:07 AM
Maybe this loyalty system needs looking at........

The_Horde
10-08-2015, 07:55 AM

It definitely does.

Brightside
10-08-2015, 07:57 AM

Great post. Personally I'd never take my kids to an away game. Far too many bams squeezed into a small space. Luckily at home games you are able to set in an area more suitable to the cultured football fan.

LaMotta
10-08-2015, 08:00 AM

Neither! The head up shout is as patronising as they come.

liamh2202
10-08-2015, 08:02 AM

Or..... It shows encouragement instead of constantly being on players backs making them scared to try things in fear of making mistakes .

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 08:07 AM

What do you mean?

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 08:09 AM

Keep you head up is just saying don't give in, like saying keep your chin up...Hardly patronising

marinello59
10-08-2015, 08:11 AM
Keep you head up is just saying don't give in, like saying keep your chin up...Hardly patronising

For anybody to suggest it is anything other than positive beggars belief. Maybe we are getting the team we deserve.

flash
10-08-2015, 08:12 AM
What do you mean?

Just surmising some people who can't get tickets might be a bit more supportive.

Lucius Apuleius
10-08-2015, 08:12 AM

Have to explain that one for me.

andrew70
10-08-2015, 08:18 AM
FWIW The guy in the red and black shirt is correct, IMO, to hate on Allan but not in such a vociferous maanner. I happen to agree with him that Allan is the problem - he certainly never played well on Saturday no matter how you all dress it up. Had he kept his heid down and played out his last year then left with no issues then fair play to him but by handing in his transfer request he's made the situation pretty much untenable.

The fact red and black shirt guy (Andy, his mates called him I am sure) had two kids either side of him made his actions inexcusable. He was sat right in front of me and my mate told him to "shut it ya stupid idiot" after one of his pointless foul-mouthed outbursts only for him to turn round with one of the funniest angriest faces I've ever seen, complete trumpet of a man. Looked like his big heed was a tomato about to explode.

Don't know if he's on here but if he is please think about your kids before you start squaring up to folk, calling them rats and such like. Hibs don't need your 'support'.

Unfortunately he was just one of a group in that row that seemed to think it was acceptable to abuse Hibs players and staff. His mate should have been chucked out after his pathetic comments to a woman 9 or 10 rows behind caused another silly fight (don't blame the husband of said woman for reacting though but has she got her ironing and the dishes done yet? :wink:).

It was embarrassing on more than one occassion on Saturday and we should all be discussing football rather than letting idiots like them come between us in the way Rangers want and IMHO Scott Allan is best ignored. If Stubbs feels he should play then fine but let's not pretend he's some sort of hero and let's not forget he doesn't want to be here.

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Just surmising some people who can't get tickets might be a bit more supportive.

Oh got you now......Maybe we should start exams. Question A) How would you react to SA playing. B) How would you react to losing another soft two goals. C) Would you berate every missed pass. D) Would you start a mexican sand dance, with a boy four rows behind, who had a differing opinion......E) Would you get so bladdered that you think your opinion is the only one that matters....

Who would we make as invigilator and how would the answers be marked?

liamh2202
10-08-2015, 08:21 AM
FWIW The guy in the red and black shirt is correct, IMO, to hate on Allan but not in such a vociferous maanner. I happen to agree with him that Allan is the problem - he certainly never played well on Saturday no matter how you all dress it up. Had he kept his heid down and played out his last year then left with no issues then fair play to him but by handing in his transfer request he's made the situation pretty much untenable.

The fact red and black shirt guy (Andy, his mates called him I am sure) had two kids either side of him made his actions inexcusable. He was sat right in front of me and my mate told him to "shut it ya stupid idiot" after one of his pointless foul-mouthed outbursts only for him to turn round with one of the funniest angriest faces I've ever seen, complete trumpet of a man. Looked like his big heed was a tomato about to explode.

Don't know if he's on here but if he is please think about your kids before you start squaring up to folk, calling them rats and such like. Hibs don't need your 'support'.

Unfortunately he was just one of a group in that row that seemed to think it was acceptable to abuse Hibs players and staff. His mate should have been chucked out after his pathetic comments to a woman 9 or 10 rows behind caused another silly fight (don't blame the husband of said woman for reacting though but has she got her ironing and the dishes done yet? :wink:).

It was embarrassing on more than one occassion on Saturday and we should all be discussing football rather than letting idiots like them come between us in the way Rangers want and IMHO Scott Allan is best ignored. If Stubbs feels he should play then fine but let's not pretend he's some sort of hero and let's not forget he doesn't want to be here.

He never had his best game but do you not agree he was the best hibs player on the park?

Gatecrasher
10-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Apart from a few morons which every support has we are fine, if the team turned up like they were supposed to people wouldn't have got frustrated and angry at what they were watching.

Andy74
10-08-2015, 08:30 AM
He never had his best game but do you not agree he was the best hibs player on the park?

We all know Scott Allan is the most talented player at Hibs so that question doesn't mean much, of course he is going to eb the best Hibs player on the park.

Others thought he had a good game, I thought he was playing for Scott Allan and not Hibs. It was a strange performance, sometimes very good, sometimes very wasteful and often very petulant. Different to what we have seen from him before.

I don't really care if he is the best player in the team or the league, for me having treated us the way he has at an important time for us I would rather he was not playing. He knows fine well what asking for a transfer in a public way brings with it and of course you are going to get people giving him stick for it.

LaMotta
10-08-2015, 08:34 AM
Or..... It shows encouragement instead of constantly being on players backs making them scared to try things in fear of making mistakes .

Have to explain that one for me.

For anybody to suggest it is anything other than positive beggars belief. Maybe we are getting the team we deserve.

I understand completely what the shout is intended to do, but don't think it helps in the slightest - all it does is reinforce that things are not going well! From a psychological point of view neither of the shouts mentioned in that first post would help me after playing a pishpoor pass.

andrew70
10-08-2015, 08:41 AM

No he was selfish and lacklustre at times thus he was not as creative as he usually is.

Best Hibs player on the day for me was Scott Martin working tirelessly bringing some much needed effort to our brutal performance. Unfortunately he was let down by the rest of the midfield unit. We need that unit moving and passing their way round teams - if one member (never mind three) is off their game then it just doesn't work.

If only the rest of his teammates rolled up the their sleeves like Martin.

Allan's fancy flicks and tricks may appeal to some but we aren't playing futsal here. We need to win the league and to do so we need eleven guys pulling in the one direction.

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 08:54 AM
I understand completely what the shout is intended to do, but don't think it helps in the slightest - all it does is reinforce that things are not going well! From a psychological point of view neither of the shouts mentioned in that first post would help me after playing a pishpoor pass.

How about "that pass was guff, get your effing head out your backside", would that be better?

maturehibby
10-08-2015, 08:58 AM
The Dumbarton Stewards did quite well for most of the game and used the "Quiet word " to calm down things but it was ok with some but eventually the Police were forced to intervene and "Lumberjack man " can think himself extremely lucky to not spend the Night in Dumbarton Nick and only him having two young boys with him saved him from that fate .
However the Stewards? Police could have taken his seat number? name and the other "big Mouthed" people persons and reported it back to Easter Road for further action as the seat numbers and who they were allocated to could then be acted upon by Hibs .
This occured to A Hearts fan who stepped out of line at Inverness and this resulted in him having his Season ticket revoked for two years - originally one but extended to two after he sounded off to Hearts .
Whats to stop the people who were round about him and who know what seat he was in telling Hibs and letting them deal with this so called fans behaviour .
Have followed Hibs for many many years and used to attend all the away games but stopped but went back on Saturday and dont think I will again as it congregates the decent fans with the rowdier element a option we dont have at the home games as we can move away .
In my opinion even a minority of Bad fans Tars the rest of the fans .
The Allan thing is not going to go away this season and is an emotive subject but this is whar Rangers set out to do and by having disruption in the team and on the Terraces they have created a win win situation .
Come on Hibs

Brightside
10-08-2015, 09:00 AM
No he was selfish and lacklustre at times thus he was not as creative as he usually is.

Best Hibs player on the day for me was Scott Martin working tirelessly bringing some much needed effort to our brutal performance. Unfortunately he was let down by the rest of the midfield unit. We need that unit moving and passing their way round teams - if one member (never mind three) is off their game then it just doesn't work.

Allan's fancy flicks and tricks may appeal to some but we aren't playing futsal here. We need to win the league and to do so we need eleven guys pulling in the one direction.

I wasn't there but heard from many sources that Martin was very good again and Fyvie had a poor day. Did they play a diamond in midfield?

Smartie
10-08-2015, 09:02 AM

He was the only one to drop a shoulder, beat a man and make space for a pass. He did it umpteen times in the first half. He's about way more than fancy flicks and tricks. His head went down a bit when nothing came off for him but with the lack of movement that our front 2 show and the fact that we had nowt out wide were more to do with that than anything Allan did.

Allan looked at his best with Boyle in the team. Get a bit of pace and movement out wide (and up front) and we'll see the best of Allan.

He did very well on Saturday under the circumstances, there's way more to him than fancy flicks and tricks.

Andy74
10-08-2015, 09:03 AM
The Dumbarton Stewards did quite well for most of the game and used the "Quiet word " to calm down things but it was ok with some but eventually the Police were forced to intervene and "Lumberjack man " can think himself extremely lucky to not spend the Night in Dumbarton Nick and only him having two young boys with him saved him from that fate .
However the Stewards? Police could have taken his seat number? name and the other "big Mouthed" people persons and reported it back to Easter Road for further action as the seat numbers and who they were allocated to could then be acted upon by Hibs .
This occured to A Hearts fan who stepped out of line at Inverness and this resulted in him having his Season ticket revoked for two years - originally one but extended to two after he sounded off to Hearts .
Whats to stop the people who were round about him and who know what seat he was in telling Hibs and letting them deal with this so called fans behaviour .
Have followed Hibs for many many years and used to attend all the away games but stopped but went back on Saturday and dont think I will again as it congregates the decent fans with the rowdier element a option we dont have at the home games as we can move away .
The Allan thing is not going to go away this season and is an emotive subject but this is whar Rangers set out to do and by having disruption in the team and on the Terraces they have created a win win situation .
Come on Hibs

What Rangers have done is inconsequential. They are entitled to bid for a player if they want.

It shouldn't be forgotten that what is causing the issue is that Scott Allan himself has taken the step of asking to leave the club.

LaMotta
10-08-2015, 09:07 AM
How about "that pass was guff, get your effing head out your backside", would that be better?

Of course not...I havent come close to suggesting an approach like that would help.

If a player makes an obvious mistake then theres very little you can say to make him feel better. Better to praise when he's done something worthy.

liamh2202
10-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Come on Hibs

The problem with seat numbers is the confusion caused by the signing section all wanting to sit together. I felt sorry for an old couple who spent most of the first half looking for seats because theirs have been taken. So people were not in their correct seats anyway. Maybe groups need to arrange tickets together to save hassle in the future

marinello59
10-08-2015, 09:10 AM

OK, fair enough, I sort of see where you are coming from but I still disagree. I guess a lot would depend on the tone of voice used though rather than the words themselves.

andrew70
10-08-2015, 09:16 AM
I wasn't there but heard from many sources that Martin was very good again and Fyvie had a poor day. Did they play a diamond in midfield?

Yes, they played a diamond midfield. Bartley looked a yard short but it can be expected, Martin was very good again but it was more about his industry than anything else in what was a below-par performance by the rest of his teammates.

He was the only one to drop a shoulder, beat a man and make space for a pass. He did it umpteen times in the first half. He's about way more than fancy flicks and tricks. His head went down a bit when nothing came off for him but with the lack of movement that our front 2 show and the fact that we had nowt out wide were more to do with that than anything Allan did.

Allan looked at his best with Boyle in the team. Get a bit of pace and movement out wide (and up front) and we'll see the best of Allan.

He did very well on Saturday under the circumstances, there's way more to him than fancy flicks and tricks.

There usually is way more to his game but not on Saturday. Dropped his shoulder possibly, I agree, then he checked again to beat him again rather than finding a teammate. Looks great then no end product. He was trying too hard to impress on his own account he forgot about trying win the game.

We had "nowt out wide" last season yet he was superb. Quite often he was the one pulling out wide, dropping deep to utilise the space and then finding a pass. He definitely tried that on Saturday but no more than that - the whole team need to find these levels again. The system is a fluid one when all players play as a unit unfortunately they did not to do this on Saturday.

I am in no way questioning Allan's ability but to say he did "very well" is crazy. He was average at best and "the circumstances" are caused by him so he's the one who needs to learn to deal with it better.

He's not going to Rangers, he needs to win us the league think we all know that these two statements contradict themselves somewhat unless Allan proves he is the professional he should be.

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Of course not...I havent come close to suggesting an approach like that would help.

If a player makes an obvious mistake then theres very little you can say to make him feel better. Better to praise when he's done something worthy.

Therein lies the problem VP, what if said player is having a stinker, he isn't going to get no abuse, but applause for one good pass. Better to try an encourage after a mistake IMO anyway

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 09:21 AM
The problem with seat numbers is the confusion caused by the signing section all wanting to sit together. I felt sorry for an old couple who spent most of the first half looking for seats because theirs have been taken. So people were not in their correct seats anyway. Maybe groups need to arrange tickets together to save hassle in the future

For games like this you should be sitting in your designated seat. Does my box in people disregarding this, just so they can sit with their mate. Older couple should have alerted stewards that their seats had been taken, but probably too scared to cause any trouble.....

liamh2202
10-08-2015, 09:22 AM
For games like this you should be sitting in your designated seat. Does my box in people disregarding this, just so they can sit with their mate. Older couple should have alerted stewards that their seats had been taken, but probably too scared to cause any trouble.....

The problem was the steward couldn't be bothered with the hassle .

Baldy Foghorn
10-08-2015, 09:24 AM
The problem was the steward couldn't be bothered with the hassle .

Steward not doing his job correctly then

Thecat23
10-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Fans who don't sit in the seats that they are supposed to get on my nerves. Just sit in the seat you are given ffs. That way we won't get 50 twats all signing, swearing and abusing each other. When separated they usually just keep quiet!

PatHead
10-08-2015, 10:20 AM
What Rangers have done is inconsequential. They are entitled to bid for a player if they want.

It shouldn't be forgotten that what is causing the issue is that Scott Allan himself has taken the step of asking to leave the club.

Think it is more people like yourself going on and on and on about Allan handing in a transfer request that is helping perpetuate the bad feeling amongst supporters. You should take a read through your last 50 posts and I would guess about half of them are criticising Allan.

Can you not just ignore the fact he has asked for a transfer as it has been rejected and he is a Hibs player and should get all the support we require to get us out of the division.

For what it is worth I thought Allan was far from the worst player on Saturday.

liamh2202
10-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Think it is more people like yourself going on and on and on about Allan handing in a transfer request that is helping perpetuate the bad feeling amongst supporters. You should take a read through your last 50 posts and I would guess about half of them are criticising Allan.

Can you not just ignore the fact he has asked for a transfer as it has been rejected and he is a Hibs player and should get all the support we require to get us out of the division.

For what it is worth I thought Allan was far from the worst player on Saturday.

Far far too much common sense for one post

liamh2202
10-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Fans who don't sit in the seats that they are supposed to get on my nerves. Just sit in the seat you are given ffs. That way we won't get 50 twats all signing, swearing and abusing each other. When separated they usually just keep quiet!

Yeh and I also think all these little groups are causing divides in the support. Its like a pissing contest sometimes

hibsbollah
10-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Yeh and I also think all these little groups are causing divides in the support. Its like a pissing contest sometimes

A 'pissing contest' just isn't good enough. The different fan groups should have a projectile vomiting contest instead. Points for hitting ball boys, linesmen etc. Anything else is just accepting mediocrity.

LaMotta
10-08-2015, 10:50 AM
OK, fair enough, I sort of see where you are coming from but I still disagree. I guess a lot would depend on the tone of voice used though rather than the words themselves.

Therein lies the problem VP, what if said player is having a stinker, he isn't going to get no abuse, but applause for one good pass. Better to try an encourage after a mistake IMO anyway

In a previous amateur team I played for ( where I can assure you there was a lot of misplaced passes and mistakes!) we used to joke that the "head up" shout was the one shout you didn't want to hear being directed at you during a game. No one would ever tell the Captain or top scorer or team bampot to keep his head up - it was something that would only get directed to the perceived weak :)

We will have to agree to disagree on this one :)

Since1875Hibs
10-08-2015, 11:28 AM

Who exactly are you aiming this at?

If it's aimed at those who try and generate nothing but a positive atmopshere and matchday experience then I would say you are mistaken. They weren't near Saturday's incident.

liamh2202
10-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Who exactly are you aiming this at?

If it's aimed at those who try and generate nothing but a positive atmopshere and matchday experience then I would say you are mistaken. They weren't near Saturday's incident.

Nothing apart from positive except when they were booing and shouting comments when other fans were backing Scott Allan. Or when people were walking in, noticing their seats were taking by said group and cringing at the thought of either sitting with them or asking to move. I wasn't referring to the in fighting so no need for you to get all defensive. Yes the atmosphere they try create is great. But it shouldn't be at the expense of other peoples day. Either sit in your designated seat and create and atmosphere or get tickets as a group. And just because your in a group don't think that your view on things should be held by all his supporters

Argylehibby
10-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Section 43 guys in the top corner do their bit home and away to generate some atmophere and I didn't hear / see any negativity directed at the team from them on Saturday. If they were giving grief to the chap who was slating SA then I reckon it was in common with the majority there who simply wanted the guy to either support the team or shut up. Can't say whether they had ousted people from their seats but poor show if they did. Of course it may be that people elsewhere just fancied joining in and headed up there so while "joining" the group were not "part" of the initial group who probably did get their seats together. (hope that makes sense!)

liamh2202
10-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Section 43 guys in the top corner do their bit home and away to generate some atmophere and I didn't hear / see any negativity directed at the team from them on Saturday. If they were giving grief to the chap who was slating SA then I reckon it was in common with the majority there who simply wanted the guy to either support the team or shut up. Can't say whether they had ousted people from their seats but poor show if they did. Of course it may be that people elsewhere just fancied joining in and headed up there so while "joining" the group were not "part" of the initial group who probably did get their seats together. (hope that makes sense!)

Not the guy slating Scott Allan., the guys who started singing afterwards showing support to Scott Allan ,

Pretty Boy
10-08-2015, 12:42 PM
I think there's a difference between the odd frustrated shout out and some of the sustained abuse that some seem to revel in.

I'm pretty quiet at a match. You're unlikely to see me in the middle of the singing section guys giving it laldy but equally I'm unlikely to be berating one of our players. I will join in with the singing on occasion and I'll admit the odd '**** sake' or such like has escaped my lips when someone makes a mistake. I tend to gravitate between a decent clap if someone does something well and a bit of a mutter under my breath if something goes wrong. The idea of screaming and shouting at a player or fellow fans is strange to me.

Keith_M
10-08-2015, 12:46 PM
I think there's a difference between the odd frustrated shout out and some of the sustained abuse that some seem to revel in.

I'm pretty quiet at a match. You're unlikely to see me in the middle of the singing section guys giving it laldy but equally I'm unlikely to be berating one of our players. I will join in with the singing on occasion and I'll admit the odd '**** sake' or such like has escaped my lips when someone makes a mistake. I tend to gravitate between a decent clap if someone does something well and a bit of a mutter under my breath if something goes wrong. The idea of screaming and shouting at a player or fellow fans is strange to me.

Are you sure you're not me?

:wink:

JimBHibees
10-08-2015, 12:47 PM

Agree entirely yet some seem to take some almost sadistic pleasure in abusing our players. Extremely strange attention seeking behaviour.

liamh2202
10-08-2015, 01:21 PM

Yeh sums me up too

The_Horde
10-08-2015, 01:38 PM

Spot on.

The point where the two guys were staring at each other, absolutely fizzing, from rows away whilst motioning towards each other kind of like long distance squaring up whilst they snarled and folk were holding them back is one of the funniest things I've ever seen at the football.

Embarrassing. The two of them.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Spot on.

The point where the two guys were staring at each other, absolutely fizzing, from rows away whilst motioning towards each other kind of like long distance squaring up whilst they snarled and folk were holding them back is one of the funniest things I've ever seen at the football.

I thought it was funny too.

andrew70
10-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Spot on.

It was embarrassing but the one towards the back was quite rightly standing up for his wife.

Lucius Apuleius
10-08-2015, 02:09 PM
In a previous amateur team I played for ( where I can assure you there was a lot of misplaced passes and mistakes!) we used to joke that the "head up" shout was the one shout you didn't want to hear being directed at you during a game. No one would ever tell the Captain or top scorer or team bampot to keep his head up - it was something that would only get directed to the perceived weak :)

We will have to agree to disagree on this one :)

Without multiquoting all your answers, obviously I disagree. I certainly don't think telling someone to get his head up is patronising in any way. You have obviously played football at a higher level than me a and obviouslyw ith different type of blokes as nobody I ever played with, albeit many many years ago, would ever have taken exception orconsidered patronizing when Iwastrying to encourage them.

HTD1875
10-08-2015, 03:07 PM
No surprise the singing section bashers have managed to get a dig in here despite the said Incidents happening no where near the section the boys were in. And buying up the back 3 rows in the corner to avoid getting in peoples way or in their seats.

liamh2202
10-08-2015, 03:15 PM
No surprise the singing section bashers have managed to get a dig in here despite the said Incidents happening no where near the section the boys were in. And buying up the back 3 rows in the corner to avoid getting in peoples way or in their seats.

Not a signing section basher by any stretch buddy, but two facts remain, there were boos and shouts from that section. And they did take up some peoples seats

dangermouse
10-08-2015, 03:42 PM
A few points from me.

1. I was sitting behind who some people are disrespectfully calling "Lumberjack Man" due to his attire. He had an opinion about Scott Allan, one I disagreed with, and chose to voice it. Where he has gone wrong is to vent his spleen in such a manner that the atmosphere in the stand became quite poisonous and this undoubtabley got transferred onto the pitch and became evident a number of players were not performing to the best of their abilities. Maybe if this person supported and encouraged the team we may have come away with at least a point rather than make them feel like ****.

2. The team were well below par and too slow to get the ball forward allowing Dumbarton to regroup making it difficult to break them down. Scott Allan was our best player by a country mile but I was also impressed by John McGinn when he came on. Oxley's positioning for their second goal was dreadful but he did not deserve the diatribe of abuse he got for it. Stubb's substitutions were a bit strange to say the least.

3. It was mentioned that Scott Allan's transfer request is the reason people give him abuse and not because The Rangers have put some paltry bids in for him. If these people examine the evidence they will see it's exactly because of these bids Scott did what he did. Had these bids not been made, the whole stand would have been in harmony on Saturday and we would have come away with a handsome win :greengrin

4. Lastly, the aforementioned gentleman and his friends, a question. When Fontaine made a needless tackle that lead to the first goal, Bartley making a needless tackle that lead to the second goal and numerous other players misplacing passes why did they not fall into the category of requiring vehement abuse? Why just Allan and Oxley?

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Are you seriously blaming two fuds in the crowd for the inept performance of the team?

SquashedFrogg
10-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Not a signing section basher by any stretch buddy, but two facts remain, there were boos and shouts from that section. And they did take up some peoples seats

Sat for 2 seasons directly behind Sect 43 when they were up the back (the wee man was desperate to be in amongst it!) I was genuinely impressed at zero negativity during matches. So refreshing.

I'd be astonished if if anyone from that group were booing our players. :agree:

liamh2202
10-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Sat for 2 seasons directly behind Sect 43 when they were up the back (the wee man was desperate to be in amongst it!) I was genuinely impressed at zero negativity during matches. So refreshing.

Be astonished then buddy , especially at the end when he was walking up the tunnel

rcarter1
10-08-2015, 06:50 PM

If everyone attending Easter Road could capture the enthusiasm and defiant buoyancy of Section 43, then the place would be absolutely bouncing. I wish that people who suspected that they were a camel's back straw from losing it would just stay away until they had reached a more zen place.

Peace.

SquashedFrogg
10-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Be astonished then buddy , especially at the end when he was walking up the tunnel

From experience I know people latch on to them, particularly at away games (Livi away last season a great example - when they purposely moved into the corner)

But I can assure you I have been nothing but 100% impressed by them and their attitude. AIMHO

SquashedFrogg
10-08-2015, 06:57 PM
If everyone attending Easter Road could capture the enthusiasm and defiant buoyancy of Section 43, then the place would be absolutely bouncing. I wish that people who suspected that they were a camel's back straw from losing it would just stay away until they had reached a more zen place.

Peace.

:agree:

theonlywayisup
27-02-2016, 07:01 PM
I was close to 'lumberjack' man. He needs to chill seriously. "F@@k off you hun b@@@@@d", was his first comment after a few minutes. Then followed was constant abuse directed at Allan. He came out with the 'I pay my money, I can shout what I want' comment.

It was tiresome to those supporters to have the misfortune to sit around him and about 5 other clowns. "Fyvie, p!ss of you sheep s@@@@@g b@@@@@d", was another comment by this group of supporters. "Oxley, you're the worst ever Hibs goalie, ever", was another scream.

With fans like this, who needs enemies!!!

Unfortunately it is plums like this that are giving the many good Hibs fans, and there were many there today, a bad name. The singing section tried hard but could not raise spirits on nor off the pitch.

I'm afraid that it's idiots like those today rather than the team performance that would stop me from going to away games. Thank goodness, I don't sit near clowns like these at ER.

Was 'lumberjack' man back today?

BoomtownHibees
27-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Was 'lumberjack' man back today?

He sure was