PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Dumbarton 2 - 1 Hibernian (Malonga) FT

Pages : 1 2 [3]

J-C
08-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Said for long enough the defence has been our problem this past few years. Hanlon is not good eough, for all i like Lewis he isn't a full back but a left midfielder and Oxley is con man, god knows how he persuaded Stubbs to give him a contract. Seriously considering not going back as although talk is cheap, we need to see it on the pitch and we haven't improved from last season.

truehibernian
08-08-2015, 04:14 PM
We have players who appear to think they are better than they are and players who quite simply have found the level they are at - The Sons and others have what we lack in spades (to consistently beat teams well) - they have a work ethic and a right 'roll up sleeves' mentality. Hitting the ground running was and is absolutely crucial and a result like today is shocking as it sends out the immediate message Hibs are easily beatable. Our neighbours were winning games in the first 30 minutes by being slick and clinical - we can and should learn from them.

Trips to La Manga should be replaced by trips to A&E on a Saturday night to see how damn lucky they are to be paid to play football - very short career and many will have very shorter ones going by today.

Less of the prima donna Hibs and more of the gritty determined Hibs please Alan. Mentality is as important as skill and Hibs play and act like we are in a league we are too good for - message to the squad - you are where you are because you and others before you got us there. So man up, appreciate we are in for a dog fight and start ripping into teams from the first whistle.

carnoustiehibee
08-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Need to be winning those matches - doesn't seem like much has changed since last season. Defence still letting in too many goals.

Those are the types of game that I think boys like Scott Allan should be digging us out of a hole. He didn't do it last season and started off again this year.

Another thing we sadly lack, a player who'll step up and score 2 goals and win us a game

Bostonhibby
Can anyone on here who's supported Hibs for a long time (I'm 55) honestly say they're surprised at today's result ?. It's Hibs, it's what we do !. I've no doubt we'll improve and start to pick up points but all the talk about it being a 2-team league this season and 'doing a Hearts' is just that - talk !!. There's not the 'mental-strength' (both on/off the field at ER) required for Hibs to succeed. You can almost guarantee another season of weekly highs/lows and eventually 'valiantly' failing in the play-offs !!
Snap!

liamh2202
Our defence is a massive weak point. Oxley isn't good enough either.

Yeh could see where the freekick was going to end up too. Wall setup was awfull

bill the hibby
08-08-2015, 04:16 PM
How would you know that if you weren't there? I wasn't there, so I certainly don't feel qualified to talk about tactical formations.

I don't have to be there to imagine how the game played out seeing updates else where, the fact we played with our CH upfront for the last five minutes would suggest there's no plan B. And if plan B is to stick our CH upfront then I'm already questioning our management team.

B.H.F.C
08-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Centre half required. And a left back although Gtay was equally as bad.

Dalianwanda
08-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Just listened to HI, are you saying i cant comment on results like today now because i was not there? I did not comment on anyone who played, just the result and how i didnt think it should have surprised anyone?

No, I apologise..your entitled to your views..

HappyHanlon
08-08-2015, 04:18 PM
No cohesion, no fight and no passion.

Turgid stuff!

emerald green
08-08-2015, 04:19 PM
I wonder if the whole situation is effecting the other players. He can go about his business knowing he is picking up a wage hear and will be getting a bigger one in about a year. The other players may be really pissed off about the whole situation and its effecting thm.

:agree: Thanks. This is the point I'm trying to make.

It's not the effect this saga is having on Allan, but on the rest of his team mates. As I posted earlier, I don't really know, but how else does one explain Hibs performances against The Rangers at ER (2-6 FFS) and this afternoon's result?

The alarm bells were ringing for me after the 2-6.

PS: I'm not putting this suggestion forward as an excuse for these results and performances. I'm trying desperately to find a reason for them. Are Hibs really worse than Dumbarton and 4 goals worse than The Rangers?

sidjames
08-08-2015, 04:19 PM
Today's result delivered with the compliments of the mis-management!

blackpoolhibs
08-08-2015, 04:20 PM
No, I apologise..your entitled to your views..

:aok:

Jones28
08-08-2015, 04:23 PM
On what previous evidence are you basing that?

It was the same all of last season, not a personal dig at yourself.

DaveF
We have players who appear to think they are better than they are and players who quite simply have found the level they are at - The Sons and others have what we lack in spades (to consistently beat teams well) - they have a work ethic and a right 'roll up sleeves' mentality. Hitting the ground running was and is absolutely crucial and a result like today is shocking as it sends out the immediate message Hibs are easily beatable. Our neighbours were winning games in the first 30 minutes by being slick and clinical - we can and should learn from them.

Trips to La Manga should be replaced by trips to A&E on a Saturday night to see how damn lucky they are to be paid to play football - very short career and many will have very shorter ones going by today.

Less of the prima donna Hibs and more of the gritty determined Hibs please Alan. Mentality is as important as skill and Hibs play and act like we are in a league we are too good for - message to the squad - you are where you are because you and others before you got us there. So man up, appreciate we are in for a dog fight and start ripping into teams from the first whistle.

Great post :aok:

Ronniekirk
That was a hugely disappointing result ,and is not the start we needed .Keatings and Farid still injured so lack of options upfront . But to concede two free kicks when we have no one that seems capable of doing that is galling .
I am no longer sure what the issue is but that lack of ability to grind out results against part time teams is something we should of learnt from
We now have to start integrating players into team as they come back from injury and therefore we aren't going to know what best formation is for a while .
Did Cummings deserve to be hooked as we then didn't score anyway .

Viva_Palmeiras
08-08-2015, 04:24 PM
First day of the season Hibstory strikes again.
To the dude of 55 that asked if folks are really surprised - well at 11 years your junior and a child of the Miller Era I seem to recall that first day of the seasons more often than not were full of hope and promise yet tended to fall short of delivering the goods. So on that basis albeit a different league, maybe as a club we just aren't focused enough for a great start. The degree to which SA debacle has put a spanner in the works is debatable.

Bostonhibby
08-08-2015, 04:25 PM
:agree: Thanks. This is the point I'm trying to make.

It's not the effect this saga is having on Allan, but on the rest of his team mates. As I posted earlier, I don't really know, but how else does one explain Hibs performances against The Rangers at ER (2-6 FFS) and this afternoon's result?

The alarm bells were ringing for me after the 2-6.

PS: I'm not putting this suggestion forward as an excuse for these results and performances. I'm trying desperately to find a reason for them. Are Hibs really worse than Dumbarton and 4 goals worse than The Rangers?
Just now, the evidence is that the way we have used the pre season and how we deployed the cash available can't have been the best compared to others in our league who did it differently, Dumbarton for example.

The Scott Allan effect? That's down to how our full time coaches etc manage it.

The whole thing culminates in week one today.

bill the hibby
08-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Anyone listening to Charlie Nicholas describing everton and the way they play? It sounds very similar to ourselves, passing and moving but it's all too slow and easy to be sussed out...of course with obvious differences haha.

Onion
08-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Can anyone on here who's supported Hibs for a long time (I'm 55) honestly say they're surprised at today's result ?. It's Hibs, it's what we do !. I've no doubt we'll improve and start to pick up points but all the talk about it being a 2-team league this season and 'doing a Hearts' is just that - talk !!. There's not the 'mental-strength' (both on/off the field at ER) required for Hibs to succeed. You can almost guarantee another season of weekly highs/lows and eventually 'valiantly' failing in the play-offs !!

Sevco performance last night will have put the ****ters up most of the Hibs players. Historically and culturally, Hibs is a weak-minded club which cannot handle pressure or expectation. It's now so bad, it comes as a shock to Hibs fans and others when the team DOESN'T collapse in a sorry heap in key games. It was essential we got off to a strong start, laying down a statement of intent. But unlike last season, Stubbs and these players have no excuses this time. And all it does is re-justify the decision of many fans to stay well clear of ER. Bad, bad start !

inglisavhibs
08-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Ridiculous start to the season. As I said last season the manager doesn't convince me,poor poor performance.
I share your concern, and would like to have seen the manager learn a bit from his first season at Hibs. We are still playing with 2 left footed centre backs, we still have no real threat, pace, skill, strength down our left hand side. We have signed width in Boyle and Carmichael but both prefer playing on the right. We desperately need a new left back. On set plays we are poor at both ends of the park with our corners particularly dreadful. We set out today with 4 central midfield players only one of whom can even think about beating a man. With no width we not only limit our attacking options but put huge pressure on our defence in these wide areas. Fans are jumping on the goalie for the wall set up, but again that should be discussed at length with the goalkeeping coach. Not having seen the goal today we should wait and see on that one. In short despite having some talented players we are a fairly easy team to set up against and make it difficult for us to score.Come on Alan don't waste all the good work going on off the pitch with poor management.

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Diddums,did the nasty boy annoy you and run away👜

Wow just wow!!!

I'm sure the admins posted trolling was a banning offence? If you don't get pulled for this I'll be surprised because I know if I did or couple others I'd be given a warning or banned!

Blaster
08-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Why can our poor results never be a draw? That still would have been extremely disappointing but something at least. Goals will win this league and as I said on the transfer thread earlier this week I still think we need another striker in

HNA3
08-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Wow just wow!!!

I'm sure the admins posted trolling was a banning offence? If you don't get pulled for this I'll be surprised because I know if I did or couple others I'd be given a warning or banned!

Suggest you let the admins do the admin, while you get on with the Dumbarton post-mortem.

Cheshire Hibby
08-08-2015, 04:41 PM
why can our poor results never be a draw? That still would have been extremely disappointing but something at least. Goals will win this league and as i said on the transfer thread earlier this week i still think we need another striker in

agreed

H18 SFR
08-08-2015, 04:43 PM
First day of the season Hibstory strikes again.
To the dude of 55 that asked if folks are really surprised - well at 11 years your junior and a child of the Miller Era I seem to recall that first day of the seasons more often than not were full of hope and promise yet tended to fall short of delivering the goods. So on that basis albeit a different league, maybe as a club we just aren't focused enough for a great start. The degree to which SA debacle has put a spanner in the works is debatable.

Read this re the Miller era and thought nah that's wrong. Rather than just say that I checked and you were spot on. My recollection was clearly influenced by the time we pumped Dundee Utd 5-0 on the first week of the season under Miller. Looking back over the results we are truly atrocious starters.

Inactualy looked at last seasons early results in greater detail, holy ****, we were totally murder last year.

Bishop Hibee
08-08-2015, 04:43 PM
Why can our poor results never be a draw? That still would have been extremely disappointing but something at least. Goals will win this league and as I said on the transfer thread earlier this week I still think we need another striker in

We have 4 strikers, Cummings, Keatings , Malonga and Farid. We need to have players with pace to support them and width to supply crosses and cutbacks for them. I'm hoping Boyle and Carmichael can do this. If not we'll probably stay down.

SlickShoes
08-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Utterly horrific, don't know how they plan to win fans back with failure after failure. I'm 32 and the last few years have been the worst in my life supporting hibs, supporting them unconditionally seems to do nothing, the team remains weak and delivers constant disappointment.

It's going to another season of almost doing something but not quite, I was hoping something had changed over the pre season but losing to a team that are part time is unacceptable.

Greencore
08-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Shocking hibs.

ballengeich
08-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Anyone listening to Charlie Nicholas describing everton and the way they play? It sounds very similar to ourselves, passing and moving but it's all too slow and easy to be sussed out...of course with obvious differences haha.

That sounds right. Without having been at today's game, but looking at the line-up and drawing on what I saw last season, I suspect that any attacking width came from the full-backs, and that by the time they got forward Dumbarton were back en mass to crowd out our strikers once the ball eventually arrived in the box. I don't expect any of the midfield to have got into the box to assist the front two.

I'll still be at ER next Saturday and hope to see either Boyle or Carmichael replacing one of todays midfield so that we can attack wide quicker. If it's the same formation as today it will be all too easy for Morton to play defensively and look for a breakaway.

In the longer term, is there anyone who can play the holding midfield position if Bartley is injured or suspended. I thought that part of the collapse in the Petrofac came when Hanlon moved into the back four. After that none of the midfield seemed to marking or tackling. It looks a weakness in the squad.

GreenCastle
08-08-2015, 04:49 PM
We have 4 strikers, Cummings, Keatings , Malonga and Farid. We need to have players with pace to support them and width to supply crosses and cutbacks for them. I'm hoping Boyle and Carmichael can do this. If not we'll probably stay down.

Cummings - scored 2 in 2 before today - why take him off today?

Keatings - injured again

Malonga - playing with an injury

Farid - hasn't played a game for close to 3.5 months.

Carmichael - previous goal scoring ration ain't great - plus been injured also.

Boyle - dangerously rushed back today - we do miss his pace though.

I would still like to see a consistent goal scoring midfielder.

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Suggest you let the admins do the admin, while you get on with the Dumbarton post-mortem.

I wasn't saying you guys weren't doing your job!!!

As for the postmortem of the game, we're ****ing ***** 👍🏼👍🏼

Lago
08-08-2015, 04:55 PM
This is not like the start of a new season, its just like the continuation of last season. We supposedly got our transfer business done early unfortunately almost all of them are/were injured and have not been involved in pre season. What defensive drills do we do at training because I am begining to agree with Peter Houston that we cant defend adequately. Hibs appear again to be soft, no hardness about the place, do we have a game plan I read one post saying hibs were passing the ball to death in the middle of the park, but NO positive outcome. I despair.

cabbageandribs1875
08-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Read this re the Miller era and thought nah that's wrong. Rather than just say that I checked and you were spot on. My recollection was clearly influenced by the time we pumped Dundee Utd 5-0 on the first week of the season under Miller. Looking back over the results we are truly atrocious starters.

Inactualy looked at last seasons early results in greater detail, holy ****, we were totally murder last year.

only because we are normally waiting on the bottom of the barrel players becoming available a couple of weeks before the season starts...the ones left on the shelf, thankfully we got players in early this season :)

liamh2202
08-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Cummings - scored 2 in 2 before today - why take him off today?

Keatings - injured again

Malonga - playing with an injury

Farid - hasn't played a game for close to 3.5 months.

Carmichael - previous goal scoring ration ain't great - plus been injured also.

Boyle - dangerously rushed back today - we do miss his pace though.

I would still like to see a consistent goal scoring midfielder.

Sub's were strange

Not only Stanton up front for Cummings , but why not if your hooking Cummings stick Boyle up front.

Then we brought on mginn ( who looks a player) but we had him and Bartley sitting . we only needed one doing that job.

DaveF
08-08-2015, 04:58 PM
This is not like the start of a new season, its just like the continuation of last season. We supposedly got our transfer business done early unfortunately almost all of them are/were injured and have not been involved in pre season. What defensive drills do we do at training because I am begining to agree with Peter Houston that we cant defend adequately. Hibs appear again to be soft, no hardness about the place, do we have a game plan I read one post saying hibs were passing the ball to death in the middle of the park, but NO positive outcome. I despair.

A depressingly accurate statement with the same old faults still glaringly obvious.

cabbageandribs1875
08-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Utterly horrific, don't know how they plan to win fans back with failure after failure. I'm 32 and the last few years have been the worst in my life supporting hibs, supporting them unconditionally seems to do nothing, the team remains weak and delivers constant disappointment.

It's going to another season of almost doing something but not quite, I was hoping something had changed over the pre season but losing to a team that are part time is unacceptable.

i'm 20 years older and have the same opinion, the club have gradually worn us down year by year, and thousands have already decided enough was enough

Green-Hibee-7
08-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Well that was awful, must have had had about 12 shots but from what I can remember if we had half of them on target I'd be majorly surprised.

Like a few have highlighted we play with what are four central midfielders or ones who are always looking to play more centrally. Allan has the skill to beat a man when he peels out wide but he's always wanting the ball so doesn't stay there. I think we need at times someone who's always out wide and looking to hit the by line.

I'm reluctant to get overly worked up just now, get one thing straight we should not be accepting defeats against part timers but even though it was a disappointing performance I still always felt that our players were far superior I'm sure it will click but it needs to start from next week, considering we can't afford to be playing catch up.

I've also seen a lot of people saying we will win this league, I know it's defeatist but it's also being realistic in my eyes the play offs are where we are heading I think, love to be proved wrong!

cabbageandribs1875
08-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Att: 1,552

baffling that a club with they crowds can put out a team and win against the team of a club with much higher attendances

:duck:

bill the hibby
08-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Att: 1,552

That's depressing...this is where our club is at just now. Last season I thought it was the case of relegation for a big club who'll bounce back, I'm now worrying that we will become another falkirk who are stuck and are constantly there or there abouts.

bill the hibby
08-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Well that was awful, must have had had about 12 shots but from what I can remember if we had half of them on target I'd be majorly surprised.

Like a few have highlighted we play with what are four central midfielders or ones who are always looking to play more centrally. Allan has the skill to beat a man when he peels out wide but he's always wanting the ball so doesn't stay there. I think we need at times someone who's always out wide and looking to hit the by line.

I'm reluctant to get overly worked up just now, get one thing straight we should not be accepting defeats against part timers but even though it was a disappointing performance I still always felt that our players were far superior I'm sure it will click but it needs to start from next week, considering we can't afford to be playing catch up.

I've also seen a lot of people saying we will win this league, I know it's defeatist but it's also being realistic in my eyes the play offs are where we are heading I think, love to be proved wrong!

This could genuinely be copy and pasted from a thread posted last season. Carbon copy of our situation last season. Depressing

H18 SFR
08-08-2015, 05:12 PM
only because we are normally waiting on the bottom of the barrel players becoming available a couple of weeks before the season starts...the ones left on the shelf, thankfully we got players in early this season :)

Which has of course had zero impact.

RoYO!
08-08-2015, 05:40 PM
I was enjoying the bit of summer where hibs didnt have the chance to continually disappoint. It was actually lovely not having games on for a bit. What absolute push overs we are.

Lucius Apuleius
08-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Disappointed obviously with the result but if we as a support are giving up now on winning the league or promotion then I really do despair for us.

Thecat23
08-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Disappointed obviously with the result but if we as a support are giving up now on winning the league or promotion then I really do despair for us.

I don't see folk giving up. I see folk accepting that we haven't improved from last years failings which resulted in us playing another year in this league.

If you can point me to any positives from today please do so. Sometimes we just have to say it how it is and admit after all the hot air of what we were going to do that we are still in fact *****.

DaveF
08-08-2015, 06:33 PM

Don't think that's the case, but the reaction is understandable, given we seem to be making the same mistakes as last season without any obvious changes to the playing style or formation. It's a massive kick in the nuts and a huge blow in terms of trying to entice fans back to support us.

jabis
08-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Wow just wow!!!

Hold on a tickity boo,I read all the ****** on here from "oh it's just Blackpool,he's having his laugh,we've met him,he's a sound bloke" and I'm the one trolling......sorry no!

snedzuk
08-08-2015, 07:05 PM
I don't see folk giving up. I see folk accepting that we haven't improved from last years failings which resulted in us playing another year in this league.

If you can point me to any positives from today please do so. Sometimes we just have to say it how it is and admit after all the hot air of what we were going to do that we are still in fact *****.

Just the one - mcginn looks pretty handy - other than that desparately bad.

jabis
08-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Really not sure what you are on about, but if this was me doing that i'd be called a troll?

Nice try,never trolled in my life.
But if anyone disagreeing with you is a "troll" then yes I seem to be a "troll"??????????(you seem to like a question mark)?

blackpoolhibs
08-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Hold on a tickity boo,I read all the ****** on here from "oh it's just Blackpool,he's having his laugh,we've met him,he's a sound bloke" and I'm the one trolling......sorry no!

Nice try,never trolled in my life.
But if anyone disagreeing with you is a "troll" then yes I seem to be a "troll"??????????(you seem to like a question mark)?

Never met the cat, and yes i am a sound bloke. :greengrin But yes if i was saying the things you and others are saying, i'd be pulled up for trolling.

I keep saying it, but give me something to be happy about Hibs, and i'm as happy as the next man.

Stuarty27
08-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Unbelievably we have managed to get slower.

Last season, we lost out due to the lack of pace and penetration.

Pre-season done and we replace Robertson with Bartley who is much slower.

Fontaine looks like he has aged massively over the last 2 months, Hanlon and Fyvie were both towing a caravan today. Fyvie was awful, should of been hooked.

Stevensons crossing was horrific even for his standards. Gray was poor, looks a yard slower than last season, injuries maybe taking its toll.

Allan was good in first half, but faded the second half.

Martin didn't deserve to come off was having a decent showing.

The only positive for me was the performance of McGinn when he came on, looks a right good player. Sharp crisp passing and always wanted to look forward rather than Sideways like others.

jabis
08-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Never met the cat, and yes i am a sound bloke. :greengrin But yes if i was saying the things you and others are saying, i'd be pulled up for trolling.

I keep saying it, but give me something to be happy about Hibs, and i'm as happy as the next man.

What's with the trolling?
I gave up my private membership because of people like you.

SteveHFC
08-08-2015, 07:56 PM
That has to be one of the worst performances i've seen from a hibs side in many years. We really shouldn't be losing these games if we want to win the league and it's now a very possibility we could be 6 points behind Rangers in 2 weeks time.

Dalianwanda
08-08-2015, 08:02 PM
That has to be one of the worst performances i've seen from a hibs side in many years. We really shouldn't be losing these games if we want to win the league and it's now a very possibility we could be 6 points behind Rangers in 2 weeks time.
We definitely shouldn't be losing to teams like Dumbarton..the rest is ifs and buts

marinello59
08-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Match is over so no need for the update thread to remain open. Those of you who wish to squabble about who is or isn't trolling, please just go and do it elsewhere, we ain't here to police grown men acting like children.