PDA

View Full Version : NHC English Premier League - who's going to win it / be relegated

theonlywayisup
08-08-2015, 07:46 AM
EPL starts today - who's going to win it? Who's going to be relegated?

Poll is for EPL winners. Post your reason why you think they will win it.

Post who you think will be relegated!

Speedy
08-08-2015, 07:50 AM
Chelsea to win it.

Watford, Leicester +1 (let's say Bournemouth) to go down.

hfc-1875
08-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Chelsea to win it followed by arsenal. I fancy West Ham as an outside bet to go down aswell, along with Leicester and Bournemouth.

Hiber-nation
08-08-2015, 07:59 AM
Would love to see Arsenal win it but I think that horrible lot will do it again.

Relagation - hope Norwich survive, Watford look favourites for the drop. Bournemouth might surprise a few. It'll be interesting to see how Villa do - they could be toiling. Leicester's another interesting one. Everyone expects Ranieri to fail, it doesn't seem like a good fit.

Pretty Boy
08-08-2015, 08:01 AM
Hope Sunderland go down but think it unlikely. Aston Villa going down would be superb, their smugness at Newcastles relegation a few seasons back was second only to Sunderland.

Think Chelsea will win the league and the rest of the top 6 to 8 pretty much writes itself. The 'best league in the world', like most leagues actually, is pretty predictable.

SteveHFC
08-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Think Arsenal or Man Utd to win the league. Would much rather see one of them win it than City and Chelsea.

Think Bournemouth will stay up. Watford, Leicester and Newcastle to go down. Middlesbrough, Leeds and Derby to come up.

GlesgaeHibby
08-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Arsenal to win it.

Relegated: West Ham, Watford, Leicester

West hamBERNIAN
08-08-2015, 08:51 AM
Chelsea champions

Sunderland
Bournemouth
Norwich to be relegated

Future17
08-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Chelsea should be favourites but I don't think they'll do it this season. Either City or Arsenal to win it but probably City if Sergio stays fit.

West Ham are in for a long hard season but whether they will be relegated probably depends on who they get to replace Bilic after they sack him.

Bostonhibby
08-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Chelsea will win it

relegated West Ham Watford Sunderland

pontius pilate
08-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Man Utd
Chelsea
Arsenal
Spurs

Relegated
West Ham
Norwich
Leicester

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-08-2015, 09:32 AM
Winners don't really matter to me but I would love to see the three promoted teams stay up.

Cheshire Hibby
08-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Winners - Arsenal

Relegated- Watford, Norwich, Bournemouth

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Chelsea to win it followed by arsenal. I fancy West Ham as an outside bet to go down aswell, along with Leicester and Bournemouth.

I've got serious concerns re The Hammers, replacing the manager at the start of the season before a move to the OS wasnae a good idea. Carroll and Valencia missing too, if Sakho gets injured they're goosed.

Forza Fred
08-08-2015, 11:20 AM
I think Man City will win it but honestly think the bigger interest is at the other end of the table.

I think Watford are certainties to go down....not only have they changed their manager but got 10 new players in as well.

Bournemouth, whom I hope do well will also be favourites for the drop but contrary to most expectations on her I fully expect Leicester to stay up.

Sunderland though, could go down.

johnbc70
08-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Arsenal, but only if they sign a world class striker and soon. Benzema would do.

Haymaker
08-08-2015, 11:46 AM
I've got serious concerns re The Hammers, replacing the manager at the start of the season before a move to the OS wasnae a good idea. Carroll and Valencia missing too, if Sakho gets injured they're goosed.

:agree: not confident of a decent season here

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-08-2015, 12:40 PM
I was at the Chelsea friendly midweek and have to say they weren't up to much and got beat 0-1 by Fiorentina, but I suppose it was just a friendly.

I had one good chuckle though after they lost the goal one of the Chelsea 'diehards' proceeded to call them [champions] "a bunch of ****in before storming off in a huff!

HibbyAndy
08-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Arsenal, but only if they sign a world class striker and soon. Benzema would do.

That and possibly a world class centre half and the leagues Arsenals

theonlywayisup
08-08-2015, 08:06 PM
I think Man City will win it but honestly think the bigger interest is at the other end of the table.

I think Watford are certainties to go down....not only have they changed their manager but got 10 new players in as well.

Bournemouth, whom I hope do well will also be favourites for the drop but contrary to most expectations on her I fully expect Leicester to stay up.

Sunderland though, could go down.

Based on today, good call :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
08-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Chelsea to win it

Bournemouth, Leicester, Norwich for relegation.

Pete
08-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Man City to win.

Based on this evidence, Sunderland and Bournemouth will go down with Hull.

If you're looking forward to the football league show being on after MOTD then you'll be disappointed. It's already been on channel five and it was weird.

Hibernia&Alba
08-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Man City to win.

Based on this evidence, Sunderland and Bournemouth will go down with Hull.

If you're looking forward to the football league show being on after MOTD then you'll be disappointed. It's already been on channel five and it was weird.

Hull went doon last season :-D

Pete
08-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Hull went doon last season :-D

Oh yeah. Norwich then :greengrin

Steve20
09-08-2015, 04:47 AM
Man City will win it.

And this will be the season the three promoted clubs (Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford) all go down again.

West hamBERNIAN
09-08-2015, 03:27 PM
So... West ham to win the league? 😃

Haymaker
09-08-2015, 04:03 PM
So... West ham to win the league? 

:hyper Yep! Today changed my mind! :greengrin

theonlywayisup
14-08-2015, 07:25 PM
One nil to Man U against Villa

theonlywayisup
16-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Well, not a great start by Chelsea - one point after two games.

Leicester doing very well too! Did someone not say that they thought they would do well this season.

Sunderland must be favourites to go down now!

emerald green
16-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Manchester City laid down a marker today by easily beating Chelsea in front of a record crowd of 54,331 at the newly extended Etihad. Very pleasing.

I would like to see Arsenal win it though, but they will need to be very consistent to beat Man City to the title. That may be Arsenal's downfall - lack of consistency.

Relegation - perm any three from about seven.

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-08-2015, 10:23 PM
City the team to beat if today is anything to go by.
Really fancy Sunderland for the drop. Avoided it by the skin of their teeth for years now. Think their luck will run out this year, bit like Wigan a few seasons ago after continually avoiding it.

Forza Fred
16-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Well, not a great start by Chelsea - one point after two games.

Leicester doing very well too! Did someone not say that they thought they would do well this season.

Sunderland must be favourites to go down now!

That would be me sir!

Just to qualify what I said/meant, I think Leicester will be in a group of clubs just above the desperado relegation battlers..which to club like Leicester is fine.

No special powers on my part, just that in the second half of last season a friend of mine signed for them so I started taking much more notice of them, and also listened to his 'we won't go down' comments when everybody else was writing them off.

What I saw was like watching the Hibs...they were pretty good but seemed to have luck and their strikers conspire against them,meaning they were losing games, they should have won by a couple of goals or more.

As I say, a safe season of survival for the Foxes I reckon.

Nameless
17-08-2015, 05:51 AM
Champ - Liverpool

Relegated - Sunderland, Newcastle, Southampton

ancient hibee
17-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Winners Man.City

Relegated Sunderland,West Brom, Watford.

theonlywayisup
17-08-2015, 05:37 PM
Funny how there has been a lot of votes for Man City over the last 24 hours. Yesterday morning they were 4th in the voting behind Chelsea, Arsenal and United.

The Pool Bournmouth game should be interesting tonight.

WeeRussell
18-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Funny how there has been a lot of votes for Man City over the last 24 hours. Yesterday morning they were 4th in the voting behind Chelsea, Arsenal and United.

The Pool Bournmouth game should be interesting tonight.

I'd change my vote to City too if I could... I think they will win this league (at a canter if Aguero stays fit)

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2015, 02:17 PM
Its hard to say. Obscenely rich FC are probably favourites, but Disgustingly rich are probably better placed than last year. Behind them Filthy rich FC and Mega rich FC wont be far away.

I'm gonna' go out on a limb and say:

Disgustingly Rich FC
Obscenely Rich FC
Filthy Rich FC
Mega Rich FC

Someone out of the pack, like Minted FC might be a surprise package though.

emerald green
18-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Its hard to say. Obscenely rich FC are probably favourites, but Disgustingly rich are probably better placed than last year. Behind them Filthy rich FC and Mega rich FC wont be far away.

I'm gonna' go out on a limb and say:

Disgustingly Rich FC
Obscenely Rich FC
Filthy Rich FC
Mega Rich FC

Someone out of the pack, like Minted FC might be a surprise package though.

Considerably richer than yow FC (said in a Brummie accent) might be in with a shout too. :greengrin

JimBHibees
19-08-2015, 01:17 PM
I see Chelsea appear to have beaten Man United to Pedro.

NAE NOOKIE
19-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Considerably richer than yow FC (said in a Brummie accent) might be in with a shout too. :greengrin

Nah .... East London giants Loads Ah Mahney FC are my dark horses :greengrin

easty
19-08-2015, 02:05 PM
I see Chelsea appear to have beaten Man United to Pedro.

Great signing. :agree:

theonlywayisup
19-08-2015, 02:47 PM
ADMINS - can you delete those thread that are off topic, you'll know the ones!!!

If you don't like / care for the EPL, then find your own thread and keep this 'clean' for those who do and like to discuss it.

R'Albin
19-08-2015, 03:52 PM
Still can't look past Chelsea for the title, especially after signing Pedro.

heretoday
21-08-2015, 12:03 AM
It looks like Man City for me and with their recent acquisition of Otamendi I'd say they are serious faves.

Silva is the best player in Europe IMHO as he flits about the edge of the box.

I also reckon Everton will break into the top four this season. Maybe not. Spurs won't anyway. They are very boring.

TheFamous1875
21-08-2015, 12:16 AM
It looks like Man City for me and with their recent acquisition of Otamendi I'd say they are serious faves.

I also reckon Everton will break into the top four this season. Maybe not. Spurs won't anyway. They are very boring.

Man City favourites, Man Utd not strong enough, Chelsea and Arsenal will challenege.

MWHIBBIES
21-08-2015, 05:59 AM

Silva wasn't even the best Spanish midfielder in England last season never mind the best player in Europe.

Squealing pig
21-08-2015, 06:32 AM
Really hope liverpool but think man city

Matty_Jack04
21-08-2015, 06:48 AM
Can't see passed Chelsea myself off to a bad start but they'll
Bring in a couple before the deadline and you know Jose won't get it wrong all season can't help but think there's always going to be a self destruct with city and utd aren't strong enough squad wise to juggle the league and Europe, think Swansea might be the team to watch maybe not sneak into top 4 but they could be around abouts

HibbyAndy
21-08-2015, 03:50 PM
Silva wasn't even the best Spanish midfielder in England last season never mind the best player in Europe.

Correct. Santi Cazorla was.

heretoday
21-08-2015, 04:06 PM

Yeah but did you see him against WBA? Magic. He has such quick little feet.

I think even Messi might find it hard cutting it in England. He would certainly have to up his pace a bit.

Danderhall Hibs
21-08-2015, 10:17 PM

I think even Messi might find it hard cutting it in England. He would certainly have to up his pace a bit.

:hilarious

theonlywayisup
07-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Chelsea - could they get relegated

Onceinawhile
07-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Chelsea - could they get relegated

I think the bottom three just now will be the bottom three come May.

Chelsea have had it for the top 4 though!!

JimBHibees
07-11-2015, 10:16 PM

You have got to be kidding about Messi he would score more in England than in Spain. He absolutely ripped Man city last season and think he scored 4 in one game v Arsenal a few years back.

theonlywayisup
26-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Brilliant! Just shows what a surprising season it has been in the EPL. Leicester, favoured to be relegated, are now almost certainly going to be champions. Who would have believed it?

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Some incredible comments on here looking back [emoji23] No wonder Leicester were 5,000/1 if this thread is a stroll poll haha

Bill Milne
27-04-2016, 08:02 AM
Delighted to be proved wrong, come on Leicester!! Would be even better if our own top league wasn't such a one-horse race.