PDA

View Full Version : BT Rangers

supershotmo
07-08-2015, 09:49 PM
Are we watching BT Rangers or Hun TV

Ringothedog
07-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Are we watching BT Rangers or Hun TV
It is really quite embarrassing. They are so pro sevco it is frightening.

Zazu62
07-08-2015, 10:00 PM
It was embarrassing especially the Miller/Boyd combo

supershotmo
07-08-2015, 10:04 PM
McCall has been fine but he has tried not be be as bad as the whole channel

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 10:19 PM
I'm surprised Jim White hasn't switched to BT Sport so he can wear his Union Jack catsuit in the studio and talk down his nose about "The Rangers". That's the only thing missing tonight.

Sir David Gray
07-08-2015, 10:23 PM
The coverage they received tonight was disgraceful.

Everything was about them, hardly any mention of St Mirren.

Shocking. I thought for a moment that I was watching a stream from Sevco TV.

Bostonhibby
07-08-2015, 10:37 PM
It's a real pain in the erse. I ditched sky for the very same reasons as I am now thinking about ditching BT! Can't they employ some clever marketing people to understand all their customers?

Bishop Hibee
07-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Listened on BBC Scotland. Every bit as bad. I thought Rob McLean was describing Brazil 1970 not Sevco 2015.

TowerHibs
07-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Why is everyone surprised....Amazed some people let it bother them really.

Bostonhibby
07-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Listened on BBC Scotland. Every bit as bad. I thought Rob McLean was describing Brazil 1970 not Sevco 2015.
Yep, they report the "old stadium was bouncing" presumably shiels was doing the Rivelinho role for the Beeb reporter. A government clear out of some of the institutional bias is coming. Won't be overdue in the sports department generally.

magpie1892
07-08-2015, 11:03 PM
Yep, they report the "old stadium was bouncing" presumably shiels was doing the Rivelinho role for the Beeb reporter. A government clear out of some of the institutional bias is coming. Won't be overdue in the sports department generally.

It's somewhat ironic that the BBC is accused of an extreme-left bias in its news reporting, yet in its sports reporting is happy to align itself with a club and support that has rampant extreme-right tendencies.

O'Rourke3
07-08-2015, 11:07 PM
What gets me is the club refused to let BBC access to press conferences and has now banned reporters yet they still try and cover games. Tell them GTF.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Bostonhibby
07-08-2015, 11:09 PM
It's somewhat ironic that the BBC is accused of an extreme-left bias in its news reporting, yet in its sports reporting is happy to align itself with a club and support that has rampant extreme-right tendencies.
Completely agree. And it's blatantly obvious in Scotland sadly.

givescotlandfreedom
08-08-2015, 12:08 AM

BBC Scotland is very fond on the establishment IMO. In football terms that's Sevco and Celtc. Boot licking *****bags.

Jones28
08-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Tuned in mid-way through the first half while making the tea and couldn't believe it was McCall co-commentating!

archiebald
08-08-2015, 07:58 AM
Tuned in mid-way through the first half while making the tea and couldn't believe it was McCall co-commentating!

It should always be neutral observers

Jim44
08-08-2015, 08:05 AM

Was the game live on BBC? What happened to their reported boycott of Ibrox?

7Hero
08-08-2015, 08:28 AM
Why is everyone surprised....Amazed some people let it bother them really.

Im amazed anybody even watches it..

Sylar
08-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Didn't watch the pre-amble, half-time or post-match but thought the commentary was fine.

Willing to bet Tottenham don't get a great deal of discussion this afternoon when they go to Old Trafford either...

It's the way it is, always has been and always will be. They talk about the team most of their viewers will be interested in and last night, like it or lump it, that was Rangers.

DavieRoy
08-08-2015, 08:38 AM
Was the game live on BBC? What happened to their reported boycott of Ibrox?

BBC Radio Scotland did live commentary of the match from the studio watching the TV feed coming in from Ibrox. There was no crowd noise or general atmosphere.

Rob McLean did a pre-match interview with Ian Murray on the phone!

Lago
08-08-2015, 08:44 AM
Didn't watch the pre-amble, half-time or post-match but thought the commentary was fine.

Willing to bet Tottenham don't get a great deal of discussion this afternoon when they go to Old Trafford either...

It's the way it is, always has been and always will be. They talk about the team most of their viewers will be interested in and last night, like it or lump it, that was Rangers.
Your spot on, all about pleasing the majority. Happens in all walks of life.

Jim44
08-08-2015, 08:56 AM
BBC Radio Scotland did live commentary of the match from the studio watching the TV feed coming in from Ibrox. There was no crowd noise or general atmosphere.

Thanks for info, LS. Just wondering to what extent their so-called boycott went to. I wonder if the TV feed was generated by their own cameras or they whether they tapped into another one. If it was their own, it seems a bit self-defeating to relay their own pictures to the studio and then run a commentary.

DavieRoy
08-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Thanks for info, LS. Just wondering to what extent their so-called boycott went to. I wonder if the TV feed was generated by their own cameras or they whether they tapped into another one. If it was their own, it seems a bit self-defeating to relay their own pictures to the studio and then run a commentary.

It is a BT live game and BBC have highlights rights, hence, they get a full feed of the BT pictures.

I will let you into a secret, under the deal BBC Scotland has with the SPFL, they put no, that is zero, cameras into Scottish Premiership games every week!!

JimBHibees
08-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Got to be said it is a little unusual for a guy who managed the team a couple of months ago to be summarising.

HibeeDave
08-08-2015, 09:22 AM
It's a real pain in the erse. I ditched sky for the very same reasons as I am now thinking about ditching BT! Can't they employ some clever marketing people to understand all their customers?

I already ditched them, i switched to sky broadband which resulted in going from free BT sport to £13.50 a month, even their english coverage is rank, so no way i'm paying for it

Jones28
08-08-2015, 10:33 AM
It should always be neutral observers

:agree: - or at least one from each side and an impartial host.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Can anyone imagine sky having a studio full of current/ex Man Utd players/managers for their game against Spurs, for example? Of course they wouldn't. They may speak slightly more about Utd, but they wouldn't be that ****ing blatant or arrogant about it

adhibs
08-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Have to say I thought mcall was good as a co commentator. No need for miller and boys in the studio though

Cod Boy
08-08-2015, 11:47 AM
I noticed they are back on TV next weekend at Alloa

Bishop Hibee
08-08-2015, 11:51 AM

The SPFL should ensure full access for any broadcaster whose paid for the rights. The Rangers are a joke of a club.

Betty Boop
08-08-2015, 11:53 AM

Cannae believe I'm agreeing with you ! :greengrin

Jim44
08-08-2015, 12:43 PM
The SPFL should ensure full access for any broadcaster whose paid for the rights. The Rangers are a joke of a club.

It's the BBC themselves who have decided not to go to Ibrox.

jdships
08-08-2015, 01:52 PM
The coverage they received tonight was disgraceful.

Everything was about them, hardly any mention of St Mirren.

Shocking. I thought for a moment that I was watching a stream from Sevco TV.

:agree::thumbsup:

jdships
08-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Have to say I thought mcall was good as a co commentator. No need for miller and boys in the studio though

:agree:

Bishop Hibee
08-08-2015, 01:57 PM

I listened to the Man Utd v Spurs game on 5Live. Far more even commentary than last nights joke. Chris Waddle talked more about Spurs than Utd. Sounded a dreadful game.

Leithenhibby
08-08-2015, 02:02 PM
I listened to the Man Utd v Spurs game on 5Live. Far more even commentary than last nights joke. Chris Waddle talked more about Spurs than Utd. Sounded a dreadful game.

It was, but in fairness to BT, thought they did well with, Owen & Hoddle :wink:

Onion
08-08-2015, 02:10 PM

IMO just like newsprint, mainstream "national" TV is a dying medium. Digital technology and convergence will soon consign these Hun/Tic loving dinosaurs to the fringes. Red button services and alternative, objective coverage will emerge through demand.

Sylar
09-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Can anyone imagine sky having a studio full of current/ex Man Utd players/managers for their game against Spurs, for example? Of course they wouldn't. They may speak slightly more about Utd, but they wouldn't be that ****ing blatant or arrogant about it

Sky's Super-Sunday coverage of Stoke vs Liverpool, and the 2 pundits are Jamie Carragher and Graeme Souness...Liverpool are the away team too.

Discussed Liverpool at length before they even shifted to the Arsenal vs West Ham game, which is up first.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Sky's Super-Sunday coverage of Stoke vs Liverpool, and the 2 pundits are Jamie Carragher and Graeme Souness...Liverpool are the away team too.

Discussed Liverpool at length before they even shifted to the Arsenal vs West Ham game, which is up first.

Fair point, although that pair are permanent pundits. Ex Rangers guys seem to get drafted in for their games

Turkish Green
09-08-2015, 02:43 PM
BBC Scotland is Glasgow based. No surprise that the majority of its employees are OF supporters but what us surprising is the number of ex-OF players that are used as pundits.

BT Sport and Sky Sport have no excuse for their bias apart from pandering to what the see as the majority of their audience being OF supporters.

I am old enough to know well what to expect, so I avoid where possible.

Geo_1875
09-08-2015, 06:11 PM
BBC Scotland is Glasgow based. No surprise that the majority of its employees are OF supporters but what us surprising is the number of ex-OF players that are used as pundits.

BT Sport and Sky Sport have no excuse for their bias apart from pandering to what the see as the majority of their audience being OF supporters.

Surely they should also pander to all the non-TRFC fans who hate them with a passion and have a pundit hurling abuse at them.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-08-2015, 06:35 PM
. Sounded a dreadful game.

I watched it, it was, hyped up EPL to the hilt as usual and the never ending quotes "well from an England point of view", terrible game with no excitement, poor play and hardly any goalmouth action, Spurs the better football team IMO.

Michael
09-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Why does anyone care if tv coverage is 'pro-rangers'?

Its nothing personal...the club with the biggest support always gets the most coverage.

I simply don't understand why this would upset anyone.

Geo_1875
09-08-2015, 07:00 PM

Its nothing personal...the club with the biggest support always gets the most coverage.

But every game has two teams involved. Do you think it's right that one is (almost) totally ignored?

JimBHibees
09-08-2015, 07:03 PM

Why should any team be favoured? Fair coverage for both teams surely.

Bostonhibby
11-08-2015, 11:31 AM

What hacks me off is the BBC charter commits them to a bit more neutrality than that. They are in the unique position of collecting all of our money even if some of their employees in Glasgow choose to allow an outdated form of selective media management to exist.

DH1875
11-08-2015, 07:12 PM
What I don't get is the STV news at 6. The Edinburgh edition will talk Hibs & Hearts but they also talk rangers & celtic, give their results and even sometimes show their goals. Switch to the Glasgow edition and guarantee you, you'll never here anything to do with Hibs & hearts.