PDA

View Full Version : Moving oot the toon

Evergreen86
07-08-2015, 08:23 AM
Hello Guys & Dolls,

Might not be the forum for it (Apols Admin) but I am considering moving to Uphall. Having never lived there before I would appreciate everyones thoughts on what its like as a place to live?

One plus is it will now make turning a Saturday at ER into an all day sesh something she cant argue with! :wink:

Cheers

Pat s 4
07-08-2015, 08:26 AM
Best bet is to move east, like sunny mussy best bet:flag:

Sylar
07-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Hello Guys & Dolls,

Might not be the forum for it (Apols Admin) but I am considering moving to Uphall. Having never lived there before I would appreciate everyones thoughts on what its like as a place to live?

One plus is it will now make turning a Saturday at ER into an all day sesh something she cant argue with! :wink:

Cheers

Uphall is a pretty grim place in my ever-so humble opinion. Basic amenities, sure, but quiet and otherwise grim!

It's around 20 minutes on the train from Uphall Station to Waverley and then a 10 minute walk down to the stadium.

BroxburnHibee
07-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Hello Guys & Dolls,

Cheers

Whats your reasons for moving out?

We moved to Broxburn 15 years ago and don't regret it for a minute.

Our reasons were mainly financial at the time - we had been househunting in Edinburgh for quite a while but kept losing out as the market was ridiculous. Ended up getting ourselves a 3 bedroomed detached house with garage/front & back garden all for the same price as a terraced villa or 2 bedroomed flat in Edinburgh.

Broxburn/Uphall are pretty much one big town now. Buses and trains into Edinburgh are good and you can get train to Glasgow now from Uphall as well.

I think the services in the area are pretty good and Livi isn't far away anyway if youre looking for something more.

Feel free to fire me any questions you might have.

patch1875
07-08-2015, 01:57 PM
We moved to East Lothian 8 years ago and are now moving back into the city. Never really felt like home,house is nice but miss city living also it's a right expensive pain in the arse to get home after a nite oot.

eezo63
09-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Whats your reasons for moving out?

We moved to Broxburn 15 years ago and don't regret it for a minute.

Our reasons were mainly financial at the time - we had been househunting in Edinburgh for quite a while but kept losing out as the market was ridiculous. Ended up getting ourselves a 3 bedroomed detached house with garage/front & back garden all for the same price as a terraced villa or 2 bedroomed flat in Edinburgh.

Broxburn/Uphall are pretty much one big town now. Buses and trains into Edinburgh are good and you can get train to Glasgow now from Uphall as well.

I think the services in the area are pretty good and Livi isn't far away anyway if youre looking for something more.

Feel free to fire me any questions you might have.

I agree, i have lived in Uphall and worked in Broxburn, and i found it ok.im now near mid calder, but Uphall definitely handy for travel to Edinburgh/Glasgow, and Livi has plenty going on (Almondvale,The Centre ) etc.