PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN DISABLED SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION

RSS Bot
07-08-2015, 08:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5617)

Viva_Palmeiras
07-08-2015, 01:05 PM
At a time when English Premiership clubs are being queried about whether they are doing enough it's good to see that the club are engaging and hopefully improving match day experience and beyond for disabled folks.

Sir David Gray
07-08-2015, 06:01 PM
At a time when English Premiership clubs are being queried about whether they are doing enough it's good to see that the club are engaging and hopefully improving match day experience and beyond for disabled folks.

I dare say that I might feel differently if I had to sit right down the bottom of either the Famous Five or the South stands but my seat in the East stand is superb and Hibs are certainly one of only a couple of teams in Scotland that I would give pass marks to, when it comes to disabled facilities.

The "facilities" on offer at the vast majority of grounds in Scotland for fans in wheelchairs are disgraceful.

Pretty Boy
07-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Hope to see a good turnout at this.

The people who are involved with the Disabler Association are very passionate Hibbys and have worked hard for the disabled Hibs fans in our support.

Shore Thing
07-08-2015, 08:38 PM
On a related note, has anyone come across this website/app - http://www.euansguide.com/ ?

It's a bit like trip advisor, where folk can log on and give reviews of venues etc with regards disabled access.
They are based in Leith and the site was started by a Hibs fan! As well as the website they are doing a load of good work going round venues giving training to staff.

Spread the word, cos I reckon it's a great idea and a very useful tool for people who have trouble getting around.

:aok:

macd123
08-08-2015, 12:29 AM

Thanks for the mention guys. We are just a group of hibbies who love supporting our team. But we also very motivated and ambitious to do things the right way. English premier league clubs have signed a 5 billion TV deal but do nowhere near enough to accommodate disabled supporters. We are determined to show them how it's done.

macd123
08-08-2015, 12:32 AM
Btw you don't have to be disabled to come along. Everyone is welcome!

garys
08-08-2015, 07:41 AM
Hibs are definitely one of the better clubs in Scotland for disabled facilities, but they still have things that can be done! We at the Hibernian Disabled Supporters' Association are working closely with the club to try and make the club the best it can be for disabled supporters! You definitely don't have to have a disability to be a member. You could be a carer/friend or family member of a disabled supporter too. As well as the website, we are on Facebook and Twitter too.
With regards to previous comment regarding Euan's Guide, I use their app often when trying to find new places to visit. Whilst able bodied people just turn up to shops, pubs, clubs etc without thinking, most disabled have the anxiety of not knowing if they are going to get in a place. So having a website they can look up and check on accessibility before going takes away that stress. This site/app is invaluable to many, but needs people to keep reviewing places they have been, anything from local shop to football stadiums, to keep making it a useful tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheReg!
10-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Guys, i went to this meeting earlier tonight, there was lots of positive and informative points raised from a mixture of disabled members. This was my first meeting as I've recently moved up from South Wales back to Edinburgh. Although there are hundreds of disabled season ticket holders (me included) there is only a small number attending the HDSA meeting. It is clear the intentions are there and the club is on board but it seems it could do with some more momentum. The guys who held the meeting clearly work hard and go the extra mile to make the match day experience for disabled Hibs fans the best within Scotland. Its just my opinion but it could do with more support so if anyone can spare the time or can offer support to the HDSA please get involved. The next meeting is sometime in September. :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2015, 09:39 PM
When you consider that St Clair Street from top to bottom both sides is reserved for disabled parking on match days we must have a fair few disabled supporters :greengrin

macd123
10-08-2015, 11:54 PM
Guys, i went to this meeting earlier tonight, there was lots of positive and informative points raised from a mixture of disabled members. This was my first meeting as I've recently moved up from South Wales back to Edinburgh. Although there are hundreds of disabled season ticket holders (me included) there is only a small number attending the HDSA meeting. It is clear the intentions are there and the club is on board but it seems it could do with some more momentum. The guys who held the meeting clearly work hard and go the extra mile to make the match day experience for disabled Hibs fans the best within Scotland. Its just my opinion but it could do with more support so if anyone can spare the time or can offer support to the HDSA please get involved. The next meeting is sometime in September. :aok:

Great post. The more help HDSA can get the better.