PDA

View Full Version : St Mirren

theonlywayisup
06-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Just thought that I would post a big 'good luck' to St Mirren for their game tomorrow night against Scotland's new SPFL club. The game kicks off at 7:45pm.

It will be interesting to see how the games go. A St Mirren win would show to all that The Rangers are not as good as what most in the media think.

bingo70
06-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Just thought that I would post a big 'good luck' to St Mirren for their game tomorrow night against Scotland's new SPFL club. The game kicks off at 7:45pm.

It will be interesting to see how the games go. A St Mirren win would show to all that The Rangers are not as good as what most in the media think.

Is it at ibrox?

Hibernia&Alba
06-08-2015, 06:52 PM
I think it's live on BT, isn't it? It will be interesting to get a look at both.

Hibernia&Alba
06-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Is it at ibrox?

Aye

Billy Whizz
06-08-2015, 07:01 PM
I think it's live on BT, isn't it? It will be interesting to get a look at both.

Yes it's on BT sport. Rangers have Miller and and Mcgregor suspended for the game

Sir David Gray
06-08-2015, 07:05 PM
'Mon the Buddies! :aok:

IanM
06-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Come on the draw! Go 2 points clear :)

hfc rd
06-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Mon Ian Murray's Buddies!

3pm
06-08-2015, 08:49 PM
I wonder about St Mirren. Never mentioned too much but Murray has proven to be a good manager so far.

I expect us to finish above them but will be interesting to see how they do.

Centre Hawf
06-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Fully expect Rangers to win this one. But I will gladly eat my words if Murray and his boys can grab a draw. Not sure I want them to win cause I would like to see us go top this weekend :greengrin

Sir David Gray
06-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Fully expect Rangers to win this one. But I will gladly eat my words if Murray and his boys can grab a draw. Not sure I want them to win cause I would like to see us go top this weekend :greengrin

Remember we need the other three matches to also end in a draw, if we're going to finish this weekend top of the league outright.

Ozyhibby
06-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Remember we need the other three matches to also end in a draw, if we're going to finish this weekend top of the league outright.

Joint top with St. Mirren will do me. :-)

stevie-bee
06-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Speaking to the rangers fans they think they are going to piss the league , talking 12-18 points clear ,
Cmon any team against them, I would rather any team win it apart from them ,

Scouse Hibee
06-08-2015, 09:15 PM

We also need to win!

Centre Hawf
06-08-2015, 09:22 PM
We also need to win!
I think this is the hardest part of the equation.

bill the hibby
06-08-2015, 09:26 PM
We also need to win!

If we don't have enough to beat Dumbarton, surely our preparation really needs to be questioned...but I think we'll have enough

CallumLaidlaw
06-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Apparently Rangers are gonna take half a dozen goals off the buddies tomorrow. 😴 I hope they get pumped

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Would love St Mirren to take anything from this game! Can't see it unfortunately

Mixu62
06-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Apparently Rangers are gonna take half a dozen goals off the buddies tomorrow.  I hope they get pumped

Weren't they going to do that against Motherwell too? Actually, thinking about it, they did take half a dozen goals!!

Jack
06-08-2015, 09:54 PM
A sell out apparently.

Let's see if BT stick to the script and don't show the empty seats.

Hibernia&Alba
06-08-2015, 10:00 PM
A sell out apparently.

To be fair, it's impressive if they've sold 50,000 tickets for a Championship game against St Mirren.

Onceinawhile
06-08-2015, 10:14 PM
A sell out apparently.

Probably in the same way the 35,000 attendance vs us was a sell out.

GlasgowHibee
07-08-2015, 12:38 AM
4-0 Rangers.

monktonharp
07-08-2015, 12:43 AM
To be fair, it's impressive if they've sold 50,000 tickets for a Championship game against St Mirren.I don't accept fair, when it comes to The Rangers, much the same as I didn't accept fair when it was Rangers.

PeeJay
07-08-2015, 07:59 AM

Fair point, but a win for Rangers - and a comfortable one at that, as I think it will be - may suggest the media is on to something? Should be an interesting game, if St Mirren take a point or even 3 what would that means for us, I wonder?

Keith_M
07-08-2015, 08:06 AM
I hope the Buddies get at least a point...

but I'm really not that bothered if Hibs are top of the league after only one game, as long as we win

patlowe
07-08-2015, 08:07 AM
I'm holding out a slim hope that teams like St. Mirren and Morton (clubs new to the league) will use the novelty factor of playing Rangers as a motivation in a way that they might not so much against Hibs. I don't think Rangers will find games like this easy and it wouldn't surprise me to see Murray have his players really fired up for this one, particularly given the way St Mirren have been written off across the media and supporters. These new Rangers guys haven't really been tested under pressure yet (a Hibs development team and Peterhead don't really count) and many of the older players will still bear the scars of last season. Fingers crossed for a draw.

Ronniekirk
07-08-2015, 08:29 AM
To be fair, it's impressive if they've sold 50,000 tickets for a Championship game against St Mirren.

Given there last couple of results and new players on show ,it was odds on they would get a crowd of around 45,000 and the fact it's St Mirren first up will make them believe ,beat them and that's them out the way ,so wouldn't surprise me if they get nearer 50 000 .,but even that level of attendance won't be enough to up thier bid for. S A. To our asking price ,so they still won't get what they want .

PeeJay
07-08-2015, 08:45 AM
I'm holding out a slim hope that teams like St. Mirren and Morton (clubs new to the league) will use the novelty factor of playing Rangers as a motivation in a way that they might not so much against Hibs. I don't think Rangers will find games like this easy and it wouldn't surprise me to see Murray have his players really fired up for this one, particularly given the way St Mirren have been written off across the media and supporters. These new Rangers guys haven't really been tested under pressure yet (a Hibs development team and Peterhead don't really count) and many of the older players will still bear the scars of last season. Fingers crossed for a draw.

Think you're kidding yourself, that was no way a development team: like it or not Rangers gubbed their closest title challengers 2-6 on their home ground - the fact our squad is so poor when we have the "odd" injury is a reflection on how poorly prepared we are, not on how little pressure they had.

Oxley
Fontaine
Hanlon
Forster
Gray
Martin
Fyvie
Stanton
Stevenson
Cummings
Malonga

Steve20
07-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Think you're kidding yourself, that was no way a development team: like it or not Rangers gubbed their closest title challengers 2-6 on their home ground - the fact our squad is so poor when we have the "odd" injury is a reflection on how poorly prepared we are, not on how little pressure they had.

Oxley
Fontaine
Hanlon
Forster
Gray
Martin
Fyvie
Stanton
Stevenson
Cummings
Malonga

Agreed.

There's 8 players in that side that Stubbs will probably have in his first 11. So all this talk of half a team/development side is nonsense. We are again heading into a new season short in numbers all over the pitch. We still need defensive cover (maybe even a first choice left back), another in midfield and a striker ready to go into the team, IMO.

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Up the Buddies!

Stokesy's on fire
07-08-2015, 09:29 AM
One Ian
Murray!!! Cmon st'mirren!

patlowe
07-08-2015, 10:32 AM

Oxley
Fontaine
Hanlon
Forster
Gray
Martin
Fyvie
Stanton
Stevenson
Cummings
Malonga

I was being slightly naughty in making that jibe but the fact is the squad that lined up for that game was, I hope, nowhere near where we would hope to be this season and in future encounters with Rangers. Having the options of Carmichael, McGinn, Boyle, Allan, Keatings, Bartley would put is in a far stronger position against Rangers and I'm quite content if we are under-estimated based on that performance.

PeeJay
07-08-2015, 10:50 AM
I was being slightly naughty in making that jibe but the fact is the squad that lined up for that game was, I hope, nowhere near where we would hope to be this season and in future encounters with Rangers. Having the options of Carmichael, McGinn, Boyle, Allan, Keatings, Bartley would put is in a far stronger position against Rangers and I'm quite content if we are under-estimated based on that performance.

Fair enough - but, we don't yet know how these guys will actually play/perform together and this is something that throws us back a few weeks: this is not what Stubbs wanted for the start of this season, if they gel instantly and the team storms the league, fine what if it takes too long to get them up to "speed" though?

I don't think the Rangers team is great, but they are an entirely different kettle of fish to last season's dismally organised outfit (particularly at the start) - I think we will be chasing them rather than the other way round ...

Keith_M
07-08-2015, 10:58 AM
I don't think the Rangers team is great, but they are an entirely different kettle of fish to last season's dismally organised outfit (particularly at the start) - I think we will be chasing them rather than the other way round ...

:agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-08-2015, 10:59 AM
St Mirren will get a hiding tonight I feel.

Gatecrasher
07-08-2015, 11:02 AM

I do to, 3-0 Rangers IMO

patlowe
07-08-2015, 11:06 AM
Fair enough - but, we don't yet know how these guys will actually play/perform together and this is something that throws us back a few weeks: this is not what Stubbs wanted for the start of this season, if they gel instantly and the team storms the league, fine what if it takes too long to get them up to "speed" though?

Agree that Rangers appear much stronger than last season and that we are not as prepared as Stubbs would like. The next couple of weeks should be interesting though and, weakened squad or not, it's vital we get off to a good start before going to Ibrox.

emerald green
07-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Hibs shouldn't be interested in other teams matches / results, just concentrate on their own, i.e. win them, and other teams will become irrelevant.

That's what I'm hoping for anyway. I live in hope.

DH1875
07-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Looking at their team tonight. No chance their finishing top 2 this season (even IF they get a result tonight).

lord bunberry
07-08-2015, 06:51 PM
I don't think that will happen. The Huns aren't as good as they think they are.

Scorrie
07-08-2015, 06:53 PM
That didn't take long. One nil The Huns

bingo70
07-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Fairly ominous start for them.

Springbank
07-08-2015, 06:56 PM

Dare I whisper it, in 1985 the jambos were horsed 6-2 by St mirrren in the first match of the season or thereabouts

They went on to have a season that ended 8 minutes from glory (thanks to one Albert Kidd)

I think Hibs will win the league

Rangers lack creativity