Is this second leg?

Yeah, first leg was 2-2.

Scorrie
06-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Is the Aberdeen game on telly? Cannae seem to find it...thanks

Billy Whizz
06-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Is the Aberdeen game on telly? Cannae seem to find it...thanks

It's not, and I just logged onto BT sport to watch it!

IanM
06-08-2015, 06:55 PM

Just reading Aberdeen Twitter feed. Live on RedTV but not once Scottish media outlet approached them to ask to show it live.

Genuinely it's about time we just barred them all from football and approach BT/Sky and see how quickly their papers/TV channels cope when the 'real' Scottish football fans get to watch the important games when they want

Scorrie
06-08-2015, 06:56 PM

Thanks!

Hibernia&Alba
06-08-2015, 06:57 PM
Just reading Aberdeen Twitter feed. Live on RedTV but not once Scottish media outlet approached them to ask to show it live.

Genuinely it's about time we just barred them all from football and approach BT/Sky and see how quickly their papers/TV channels cope when the 'real' Scottish football fans get to watch the important games when they want

That's very poor. It's a European tie but no broadcaster wants to cover it!

HiBremian
06-08-2015, 06:58 PM

Yep, media progress into the 21st century - we can listen in on the wireless, 1926-style :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
06-08-2015, 07:02 PM
PENALTY APPEAL

Posted at19:57
Peter Pawlett and Ermek Kuantayev go shoulder to shoulder in the Kairat box and the Dons winger goes to ground. There's a loud appeal from the stands but Czech referee Miroslav Zelinka is unmoved.

pawlett doing what he likes to do...regularly

but anyway...mon scottish teams in europe

Carheenlea
06-08-2015, 07:59 PM

Would be a shame though if only those who can afford the exorbitant fees to subscribe to sports channels were able to watch Scottish Football. There will probably come a time very soon when that will indeed be the case, and thousands more one time followers of the Scottish game will be lost.

Hibby Bairn
06-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Can Red TV not broadcast it more generally themselves for a small fee per user?

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Ouch away goal at Aberdeen....0-1 (1-3)

Sir David Gray
06-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Aberdeen's in big bother now, 1-0 down on the night with 20 minutes left.

They need two goals just to take it to extra time.

Southampton are through, West Ham are out.

SteveHFC
06-08-2015, 08:15 PM
West Ham :faf:

high bee
06-08-2015, 08:29 PM
1-1 Aberdeen.

Very jealous, bringing back memories of AEK 2nd leg, what a game that was.

Sir David Gray
06-08-2015, 08:32 PM
Couple of minutes left plus injury time.

SteveHFC
06-08-2015, 08:32 PM
Willie Miller :faf:

cabbageandribs1875
06-08-2015, 08:39 PM
ah well that's the not-so-dandy dons root a toot oot

very decent attendance though...20,317

high bee
06-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Aberdeen are out, no longer jealous.

Pete
06-08-2015, 08:40 PM
West Ham :faf:

Bilic will probably be relieved.

Sir David Gray
06-08-2015, 08:40 PM
FT 1-1

Aberdeen lose 3-2 on aggregate.

marinello59
06-08-2015, 08:43 PM
FT 1-1

Good.

hfc rd
06-08-2015, 08:44 PM
So that's Scotland's three Europa League representatives knocked out.

Both the Champions League play-off and Europa League play-off draws being broadcast on BT Sport Europe tomorrow. Champions League one starts at 11am and the Europa League one is at 12pm.

HUTCHYHIBBY
Bilic will probably be relieved.

Quite glad they are out, not sure the fans that travelled would've been overjoyed when they saw the line-up.

Golden Bear
Good.

Boo!! For you, not Aberdeen!

Mark79
06-08-2015, 08:50 PM
So that's Scotland's three Europa League representatives knocked out.

Both the Champions League play-off and Europa League play-off draws being broadcast on BT Sport Europe tomorrow. Champions League one starts at 11am and the Europa League one is at 12pm.

Total embarrassment. Has been for years.

marinello59
06-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Boo!! For you, not Aberdeen!

Boo away. I'm delighted they are out. :greengrin

Thecat23
06-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Makes you wonder just how utterly pointless making Europe is. You play in one round then pumped out! Teams who years ago would hate playing Scottish sides now can't wait.

Scottish football for me is at a very low point and it will take years to recover from. TV etc, don't invest out with the old firm either so what chance you got? Crowds are dropping, standard of players aren't what they used to be, no wonder folk can't be arsed now!

PatHead
06-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Never liked Aberdeen. Don;t like their manager or Willie Miller,

BBC have a love in........which makes me like them even less

Quite pleased they are out actually

Hibby Bairn
06-08-2015, 09:48 PM
Makes you wonder just how utterly pointless making Europe is. You play in one round then pumped out! Teams who years ago would hate playing Scottish sides now can't wait.

Scottish football for me is at a very low point and it will take years to recover from. TV etc, don't invest out with the old firm either so what chance you got? Crowds are dropping, standard of players aren't what they used to be, no wonder folk can't be arsed now!

I like your posts and insight.

What do you make of the current pro youth system in Scotland? I don't see much evidence of talent progress so far. Certainly not in the numbers you would expect.

Every year we have this discussion. But not much improves.

Is it the players, the coaches, the system, our culture?

Thecat23
06-08-2015, 09:53 PM
I like your posts and insight.

What do you make of the current pro youth system in Scotland? I don't see much evidence of talent progress so far. Certainly not in the numbers you would expect.

Every year we have this discussion. But not much improves.

Is it the players, the coaches, the system, our culture?

Well if I'm being honest you just have to look around and no one from any team at youth level sticks out. I think coaches in Scotland need to use different methods when training these kids!

The simple fact is we fail every year in Europe we haven't made a finals tournament since 1998 so who is to blame? For me it's grass roots football. We don't have the same mentality as other countries do and are miles behind them. All my opinion of course but to me the facts are right there!

Hibby Bairn
06-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Well if I'm being honest you just have to look around and no one from any team at youth level sticks out. I think coaches in Scotland need to use different methods when training these kids!

The simple fact is we fail every year in Europe we haven't made a finals tournament since 1998 so who is to blame? For me it's grass roots football. We don't have the same mentality as other countries do and are miles behind them. All my opinion of course but to me the facts are right there!

What would you change?

Thecat23
06-08-2015, 10:09 PM
What would you change?

Good question, there are lots i'd change! I'd have teams visit schools more, and let kids visit training grounds. We don't do enough at school IMO to encourage kids to work hard and stay away from drink/girls.

I'd like to see links made with other countries and how they coach their young kids. Germany for instance what makes them so dedicated? Is this drilled into them early on? Is the culture of drinking every week after a game something they would never do?

I could go on but what we do need is people who know the game to be at the top. Not Blazers guys who never played in their life. Council shouldn't be stopping kids playing they should be out sticking up goals in public parks.

Anyway that's my rant over, I just wish we could see the flaws and actually sit down and try fix them without folk just wanting a free ride on the board of the SFA and the rest.

Bishop Hibee
06-08-2015, 11:38 PM
FC Kairat Almaty have the lowest co-efficient of all the teams who qualified for the next round. That shows what a poor result it was for Aberdeen and how poor the standard of Scottish football is in general.

Sioux
06-08-2015, 11:49 PM
Good question, there are lots i'd change! I'd have teams visit schools more, and let kids visit training grounds. We don't do enough at school IMO to encourage kids to work hard and stay away from drink/girls.

I'd like to see links made with other countries and how they coach their young kids. Germany for instance what makes them so dedicated? Is this drilled into them early on? Is the culture of drinking every week after a game something they would never do?

I could go on but what we do need is people who know the game to be at the top. Not Blazers guys who never played in their life. Council shouldn't be stopping kids playing they should be out sticking up goals in public parks.

Anyway that's my rant over, I just wish we could see the flaws and actually sit down and try fix them without folk just wanting a free ride on the board of the SFA and the rest.

Part of the problem is that kids only have a ball at their feet when training or playing with their youth teams or school teams. Gone are the days of 15 aside doon the park. Coaches can teach but unless the kids are playing on their own in their own spare time they won't improve. Back in the day, apologies for using such an American phrase, kids at 6, 7, 8, 9 years of age were not involved in organised football. They played in the local park or any bit of non concrete waste-ground they could find. When these kids eventually got to play at local boys clubs, they already had a natural skill grounding. Only the better ones actually got to the level of organised of football.

What we have now is kids playing in an organised environment from the age of 5 or 6, too often because the parents thought it was a good idea. How often do you go on holiday and see kids playing on the beach just playing with a ball. Certainly where I go in Portugal and Spain there are many kids of all ages playing football because they want to, and no adults telling them what to do.

We don't see that much here, neither in Scotland nor the rest of the UK.

Natural ability is something you get in the early years of introduction to football. It is not taught. The opportunities for developing that natural ability have diminished. The local park areas are becoming fewer and fewer. The number of kids playing the game in their own time has drastically reduced over decades such that the so called pyramid has a much smaller base and cannot get to the heights it maybe once used to.

I've been involved with kids football over a number of years, and it is unfortunately a fact that kids don't play enough on their own. Once or twice a week for an hour in an organised environment is not enough.

HappyAsHellas
07-08-2015, 12:19 AM
On a society based level is it not our wealth that could also be a contributing factor? The beauty of football when I was growing up, was that it was incredibly cheap. All you needed was one guy with a ball and everyone was "in" because there was bugger all else to do. Nowadays kids don't seem to use parks in the same manner as we did. On top of this you have the organisation that runs the game in this country being so out of touch with the people who love the game that it beggars belief. In Spain, after so many years of failing on a national level they got together and discussed how to solve the problem. They decided on a national training method for every kid in the country - all coaches from every level were told how to train with the basic skills and lo and behold about ten years later they're ripping the posh out of every team in front of them. The Germans do something similar and the South Americans have been at it for years. I look at Hibs now and wonder why what we are trying to achieve now was not implemented about thirty years ago. Every fan has heard of, or knows how to make it work by following good practices from whichever country is doing things right, while we are left with a bunch of clueless, moronic, self indulgent clowns with the combined intellectual capacity of a deranged hamster pointing at the EPL and drooling. Let's face it, what hope do we have?

GreenCastle
07-08-2015, 12:30 AM
Part of the problem is that kids only have a ball at their feet when training or playing with their youth teams or school teams. Gone are the days of 15 aside doon the park. Coaches can teach but unless the kids are playing on their own in their own spare time they won't improve. Back in the day, apologies for using such an American phrase, kids at 6, 7, 8, 9 years of age were not involved in organised football. They played in the local park or any bit of non concrete waste-ground they could find. When these kids eventually got to play at local boys clubs, they already had a natural skill grounding. Only the better ones actually got to the level of organised of football.

What we have now is kids playing in an organised environment from the age of 5 or 6, too often because the parents thought it was a good idea. How often do you go on holiday and see kids playing on the beach just playing with a ball. Certainly where I go in Portugal and Spain there are many kids of all ages playing football because they want to, and no adults telling them what to do.

Natural ability is something you get in the early years of introduction to football. It is not taught. The opportunities for developing that natural ability have diminished. The local park areas are becoming fewer and fewer. The number of kids playing the game in their own time has drastically reduced over decades such that the so called pyramid has a much smaller base and cannot get to the heights it maybe once used to.

I've been involved with kids football over a number of years, and it is unfortunately a fact that kids don't play enough on their own. Once or twice a week for an hour in an organised environment is not enough.

:agree:

Also agree with the culture issue in Scotland.

Changing the culture is a bigger than football issue. Though doing more basics at school such as more teaching about healthy lifestyles, the dangers of alcohol and better PE lessons would be a start.

I also believe we need more intelligent players - academically. When you listen to German players speak for example - most can speak English (better English than some of our Scottish born players!) and I can imagine they understand the information being taught to them as they are coached from a young age and can put into practice what is being asked.

We also have an issue of several dinosaurs still involved in the game and many ex players who aren't good enough coaches in charge of the development of players but they are a name so people think they are good coaches.

Sadly even the SFA 2020 vision - we are 5 years away and having watched lots of these players training (Performance Centres) etc they are still miles away from the other countries around the world.

marinello59
07-08-2015, 04:41 AM

Great post.
I just wonder if the fun factor of playing football as a kid has also diminished.

Onion
07-08-2015, 05:14 AM

:agree: The decline in quality of footballers produced in Scotland over the last 30-40 years would make a great social study.

Hibby Bairn
07-08-2015, 05:26 AM
:

Sadly even the SFA 2020 vision - we are 5 years away and having watched lots of these players training (Performance Centres) etc they are still miles away from the other countries around the world.

Any thoughts on why this is?

Thecat23
07-08-2015, 05:53 AM

Great post,

I was always out every night playing with the rest who lived in my area! Pretty much was 15 a side! It's a shame kids would rather sit on the playstation or Xbox than go play football with a friend!

The Leith Dutch
07-08-2015, 06:43 AM
What would you change?

No signing for clubs before 17.

Good players scouted and identified young and they attend a National Academy for Football.

This focusses on skills and turning out complete footballers rather than pushing someone towards a particular position and focussing on winning the game at all costs. We get our best and brightest football people in - folk like John Collins - and we identify a style of play that goes through all levels of football and we train the players to play "the Scottish way".

The academy also handles their schooling and we make sure we turn out educated professionals who have to hit the grade academically as well as sportingly.

There's a clear link in my mind between the behavioural issues and the inability to adapt to different styles of football and being ******ing thick.

Many of the European players have a few languages, sound like they're not ******ed and what do you know - they can play different and complex formations and a number of different positions on the field as well.

Also - restructure the league:

Two divisions of 16 and an extended CL style league cup to make up the fixtures - everyone else gets cut.

Academy draft system like the US sports with the club finishing bottom of league two getting first choice of the year's graduates but the ability to trade those choices to the top clubs for players or multiple later round picks.

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2015, 07:23 AM
Great post.
I just wonder if the fun factor of playing football as a kid has also diminished.

Kids too busy playing computer games these days, when we were lads, the first thing you did after school was play football after dark.....

Yes some may say the Scottish game is dying, or in decline, me I bl00dy love it......Can't wait for it all to start for real tomorrow....

Ronniekirk
07-08-2015, 07:32 AM
FC Kairat Almaty have the lowest co-efficient of all the teams who qualified for the next round. That shows what a poor result it was for Aberdeen and how poor the standard of Scottish football is in general.

And Aberdeen have a decent Manager ,have kept the core of the squad together over past few seasons and strengthened each season so it really is a concern and is Embarrassing

rabcp1
07-08-2015, 07:42 AM
What would you change?

There's so much wrong with Scottish football at all levels it's scary!

At grass routes level coaches can take teams at any level with no coaching qualifications, fair enough they are all volunteers but most of them are result orientated and train teams to win rather than play football. In Scotland kids move to 11 a aside football at the age of 13 (I'm sure untill recently it was younger than that) however this then results in coaches playing long ball football we also have kids who have yet to fully physically develop playing in goal, which must be so disheartening for them! on the continent its around the age of 16 when they move to 11 a side, meaning players have played on tight compact pitches for 3 more years, further developing there technical skills in the process.

On a social side the Drink culture plays a massive part, is it a coincidence that the past two Scottish players to win a Champions League where tee-total? So many young and professional players are out drinking at the weekend, these are so called professional athletes and IMO should not be drinking! I get the point that no Kids are out playing football as much, but where can they play, the two pitches I use to play when I was a kid are now housing developments and there's that many cars on the roads now that street football isn't really practical. I believe all housing schemes should be required to have a patch of green land/astro pitch for children to have a safe place to play.

Even after these two barriers we then hit the professional coaches and agents, Scougall freed by Hibs for being too small and Robertson freed by Celtic for the same reason, we need to get over this backwards attitude of valuing physical attributes over technique, If Messi, Xavi et al where Scottish chances are they would have been told "you're too small to make it son". Jack Harper's omission from a recent U19 squad another example. I also think players are encouraged to move south at too young an age, over the past 5 years who has made an impact moving abroad apart from Andy Robertson and Ryan Guald (who had the sense to move abroad). Players should be encouraged to play 100+ games rather than show promise after half a dozen games then move south for the money.

The whole structure of Scottish football is failing and people are just losing interest, we played The Rangers 7 times last season, had we got them in the other cups it could have 10! Where else is such a farcical situation aloud to happen? If we cant even get a basic league structure working then what chance to have with more complex issues such as youth development! Scottish football is dying a death by 100 cuts and there's not many left to go.

Kairat are bankrolled by some sort off Khazk millionaire and have spent a small fortune of players such as Tymoshchuk, financially Scottish teams just can't compete anymore

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2015, 07:50 AM
And Aberdeen have a decent Manager ,have kept the core of the squad together over past few seasons and strengthened each season so it really is a concern and is Embarrassing

Not for me it's not....

Thecat23
07-08-2015, 07:59 AM
Not for me it's not....

Surely you would like to see Scottish sides (bar the ugly sisters and Hearts) do well? Because we keep getting pumped it is a worry. Also having been beat 9-0 last time we played in a European tie I'd hope if we ever got back into Europe we would be able to compete.

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2015, 08:09 AM
Surely you would like to see Scottish sides (bar the ugly sisters and Hearts) do well? Because we keep getting pumped it is a worry. Also having been beat 9-0 last time we played in a European tie I'd hope if we ever got back into Europe we would be able to compete.

Couldn't care less about what other teams do to be honest.....

Keith_M
07-08-2015, 08:14 AM

What other teams do (adversely) affects Scotland's co-efficient.

This is the main reason Scottish teams start in Europe in mid-july and invariably get pumped out by Clubs most of us have never heard of before.

Ronniekirk
07-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Not for me it's not....

My point ( and forget it was Aberdeen ) is a more general one .If our second best team in the top leaugue ,who have been able to strengthen year on year ,are getting put out by so called smaller teams ,then it's not looking good going forward for our teams chances of progressing in Europe apart from Celtic
For me it's a sad state of affairs for Scottish Football ,when I think back to our own Clubs exploits regularly in Europe in the 70s ,Changed times I know ,but for me it just confirms we are going back the way and not improving .

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2015, 08:19 AM
What other teams do (adversely) affects Scotland's co-efficient.

This is the main reason Scottish teams start in Europe in mid-july and invariably get pumped out by Clubs most of us have never heard of before.

I am well aware of that.....

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2015, 08:20 AM
My point ( and forget it was Aberdeen ) is a more general one .If our second best team in the top leaugue ,who have been able to strengthen year on year ,are getting put out by so called smaller teams ,then it's not looking good going forward for our teams chances of progressing in Europe apart from Celtic
For me it's a sad state of affairs for Scottish Football ,when I think back to our own Clubs exploits regularly in Europe in the 70s ,Changed times I know ,but for me it just confirms we are going back the way and not improving .

Whilst the other team have been bank rolled and have some excellent players, i.e. the boy who played for both Zenit and Bayern....

GreenCastle
07-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Any thoughts on why this is?

Coaching - not at the standard required

Lack of numbers - why only take a select few ( I know they have widened there player pool) But I still believe they miss out on many players - think of it as a pyramid - they are developing the top ( so called elite ) but how many make it ? They need to do more to develop the foundations and then over time the tip of the pyramid will have more elite hopefully..

Other counties - we are playing catch up and white we have created various performance centres - you have conflict with clubs youth academy philosophies. ( player goes to pro club get taught something different - right or wrong = mixed messages = can confuse development).

We also have the old firm monopoly in this country which I believe affects our game hugely.

Until prize money and TV is more fairly distributed others will suffer and co-efficient will decline.

Celtic - for the size of club they are also stifle development of many youth players-instead like English clubs go and buy a ready made direct replacement. Being a Celtic youth player you must know 1st team opportunities are slim to non existent.

mjhibby
07-08-2015, 08:32 AM

The standing of scottish football has been plummeting as has the standard of football but still we hear how well it is doing from the likes of doncaster. I thought it couldnt get more embarassing but all the europa teams out before the kids are back to school has lowered our standing even more.The excitement euro nights used to bring are still fresh in my memory including nights like the anderlecht 2-2 game where i missed dave beaumonts goal as the queues were so big.Its going to take a lot of youth set ups run properly with the aim of developing youngsters skills and a lot of investment or it will be like this for many years to come.Even if the youth set ups do produce a golden generation they will be off where the money is when they have had a season or two under their belt.Fans support their teams now out of loyalty not with any great expectation of success or good football.

Thecat23
07-08-2015, 08:46 AM
The standing of scottish football has been plummeting as has the standard of football but still we hear how well it is doing from the likes of doncaster. I thought it couldnt get more embarassing but all the europa teams out before the kids are back to school has lowered our standing even more.The excitement euro nights used to bring are still fresh in my memory including nights like the anderlecht 2-2 game where i missed dave beaumonts goal as the queues were so big.Its going to take a lot of youth set ups run properly with the aim of developing youngsters skills and a lot of investment or it will be like this for many years to come.Even if the youth set ups do produce a golden generation they will be off where the money is when they have had a season or two under their belt.Fans support their teams now out of loyalty not with any great expectation of success or good football.

:agree:

Thecat23
07-08-2015, 08:49 AM

That's fair enough, I just think it reflects badly on the Scottish game when we are out before it's really began.

Didn't you feel embarrassed when we got hammered at home to Malmo? I'd like to see the Scottish clubs do well to at least get us up the rankings.

Keith_M
07-08-2015, 09:10 AM
When I was living in Clackmannanshire, our local Primary School had to abandon their Football Team as they had nobody to take training and go to games with them. They relied on parents to help out (which is fair enough) but, as it was a small school, they had trouble getting volunteers. I volunteered to help out, purely because they had nobody else.

Now, what I know about football coaching you could write on the back of a Fag Packet. However, I was told that there was a dedicated SFA Coach for the Central Region that was paid to go around the schools assisting in coaching and helping with advice for the parents. Every week I'd hear another excuse why he couldn't make it (even although we were marked down as an 'emergency case').

That was 15 years ago and I'm still waiting to hear from him.

I'm not for a minute saying that is typical of all SFA Coaches but it does help highlight the chaos that was typical at the time (going by chats I had with parents & teachers from other schools), so I hope it's improved in the meantime.

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2015, 09:15 AM
That's fair enough, I just think it reflects badly on the Scottish game when we are out before it's really began.

Didn't you feel embarrassed when we got hammered at home to Malmo? I'd like to see the Scottish clubs do well to at least get us up the rankings.

Felt a lot of emotions that night....Did I worry about our co-efficient, not in the slightest

Stokesy's on fire
07-08-2015, 09:26 AM
FT 1-1

Glad they are out horrible club with horrible fans! Get up them beat by the borats 11 😂😂😂😂😂😂 VERY NICE!!

Kato
07-08-2015, 09:38 AM
There was a table printed years ago which showed ni 1985 Scotland something like 25,000 under 16's affiliated to either a school football team or a youth team. By 1995 this had reduced to c.7,000. That, along with the determination of the football authorities to not give a monkeys about putting a long-term development plan in place, and the lack of facilities means it will be many years before we see any improvement in Scottish football, if ever.

marinello59
07-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Kids too busy playing computer games these days, when we were lads, the first thing you did after school was play football after dark.....

Yes some may say the Scottish game is dying, or in decline, me I bl00dy love it......Can't wait for it all to start for real tomorrow....

I'd agree that the game isn't dying. I can't decide if it's Scottish football I enjoy watching or just Hibs that keeps me going though. I rarely watch any Scottish games if we aren't involved. Standards have certainly fallen and I can't see that being reversed any time soon. Rather than a handful of boys coming though after years of playing football for fun we now have a handful of boys making a career path out of a much smaller pool of players. ( I'm not so sure that makes sense but I know what I mean.:greengrin)

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2015, 10:33 AM
CL play off round

Sellick v Malmo..... wonder how many times a reference will be made to our embarrassing result against them :hmmm:

Man u v Club Brugge

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLzIVnfXAAAoqyA.jpg

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 10:52 AM
IMHO it will be close on aggregate between Celtic and Malmo. The Swedes have the advantage of being halfway through their season, so being in tip top shape. Swedish football is hardly great, though, and it's a difficult one to call.

United almost have a bye in Brugge, which I'm pleased about anyway.

QMU-1875
07-08-2015, 11:11 AM
The main problem with our game isn't youth, its the lack of money. Kairat signed Tymoshchuk and have invested scary money into their team. No Scottish club outside of Celtic could ever hope to invest the kind of money Kairat have and for me that is shocking. All the money in the UK is being sucked into the Premiership and that is killing our game.

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2015, 11:16 AM
play off round in the Europa league

Southampton v Midtgylland

Astra Giurgiu (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33738588) v AZ Alkmaar
Bordeaux v Kairat Almaty (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33738502)

Bordeaux versus Kairat Almaty will become the longest journey ever made in European competition (3714 miles)

dandy dons missed out on a nice wee trip to France

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2015, 11:30 AM
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/512/cpsprodpb/D9B5/production/_84733755_europaleague.jpg

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/512/cpsprodpb/8B95/production/_84733753_europaleague.jpg

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2015, 03:25 PM
I'd agree that the game isn't dying. I can't decide if it's Scottish football I enjoy watching or just Hibs that keeps me going though. I rarely watch any Scottish games if we aren't involved. Standards have certainly fallen and I can't see that being reversed any time soon. Rather than a handful of boys coming though after years of playing football for fun we now have a handful of boys making a career path out of a much smaller pool of players. ( I'm not so sure that makes sense but I know what I mean.:greengrin)

As long as it makes sense to you that is all that matters:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2015, 03:28 PM
CL play off round

Sellick v Malmo..... wonder how many times a reference will be made to our embarrassing result against them :hmmm:

Man u v Club Brugge

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLzIVnfXAAAoqyA.jpg

Malmo was another fine trip, slightly jealous of the tic....

SteveHFC
07-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Malmo was another fine trip, slightly jealous of the tic....

Cracking trip mate.

Willis1875
07-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Cracking trip mate.

The boy in the drumbar will be chuffed,sure he was a Celtic fan

Billy Whizz
07-08-2015, 04:52 PM
The boy in the drumbar will be chuffed,sure he was a Celtic fan

He sure was, think he was from Port Glasgow. The drumbar will be packed to the rafters for the away leg

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 05:07 PM
For those of us who aren't going to Dumbarton, just a reminder Man United V Tottenham is on BT Sport, kick 12.45, then radio coverage for Hibs.

Fitba is back! :-)

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Huns

25 Foderingham
02 Tavernier
04 Kiernan
27 Wilson
05 Wallace
23 Holt
16 Halliday
07 Law
19 McKay
33 Waghorn
48 Walsh
Substitutes

11 Templeton
14 Clark
20 Aird
22 Shiels
32 Kelly
42 Hardie
45 Thompson

Buddies

01 Ridgers
02 Naismith
05 Conlan
15 Baird
03 Kelly
07 McMullan
11 Howieson
10 Carswell
16 Agnew
14 Mallan
09 Thompson
Substitutes

06 Goodwin
08 Gow
17 Morgan
18 Mclear
19 Cuddihy
22 Gallagher
32 Wilks

lord bunberry
07-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Not for me it's not....
Or me. Qualifying for Europe means nothing more than a a few days away on the pish. It's quite sad really, but these things go in cycles and our time will come again.

B.H.F.C
07-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Huns

25 Foderingham
02 Tavernier
04 Kiernan
27 Wilson
05 Wallace
23 Holt
16 Halliday
07 Law
19 McKay
33 Waghorn
48 Walsh
Substitutes

11 Templeton
14 Clark
20 Aird
22 Shiels
32 Kelly
42 Hardie
45 Thompson

Buddies

01 Ridgers
02 Naismith
05 Conlan
15 Baird
03 Kelly
07 McMullan
11 Howieson
10 Carswell
16 Agnew
14 Mallan
09 Thompson
Substitutes

06 Goodwin
08 Gow
17 Morgan
18 Mclear
19 Cuddihy
22 Gallagher
32 Wilks

Talk about us still being short. Don't think Rangers have many missing. Take 2 or 3 out of that squad and they are struggling.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-08-2015, 06:46 PM
The main problem with our game isn't youth, its the lack of money. Kairat signed Tymoshchuk and have invested scary money into their team. No Scottish club outside of Celtic could ever hope to invest the kind of money Kairat have and for me that is shocking. All the money in the UK is being sucked into the Premiership and that is killing our game.

thats it in a nutshell (whatever that means)

DH1875
07-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Talk about us still being short. Don't think Rangers have many missing. Take 2 or 3 out of that squad and they are struggling.

Forget Rangers. How bad does that St Mirren squad look.

Whats with the hun love in on BT sports by the way? Shocking :grr:

Gatecrasher
07-08-2015, 06:52 PM
St Mirren struggling already 1-0 rangers

DH1875
07-08-2015, 06:53 PM
**** me. 1-0 already.

Sir David Gray
1-0 Sevco after 4 minutes.

hibee_girl
Rangers 1-0 up in 3 minutes, St Mirren look awful already!

Carheenlea

For all the premiership is sucking up hundreds of millions of pounds, the English national side is very average, and are also rans at World Cup and European Championship level.

Hibernia&Alba
This could get messy.

#FromTheCapital
Only 3 mins in but that's been coming since kick off. This could be a hammering

B.H.F.C
Forget Rangers. How bad does that St Mirren squad look.

Whats with the hun love in on BT sports by the way? Shocking :grr:

Good point on both counts. Bt sport no exactly impartial.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2015, 06:54 PM
St mirren are *****.

lord bunberry
07-08-2015, 06:55 PM
I'm looking on the positive side. Losing an early goal takes away the fear of losing an early goal.

liamh2202
07-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Glad this games on tonight ., got me pumped right up for the season hearing the **** signing the famine song... Let's do it this year hibs no ****in about

#FromTheCapital
07-08-2015, 06:56 PM
I'm looking on the positive side. Losing an early goal takes away the fear of losing an early goal.

Haha words of wisdom from Terry Butcher

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 06:58 PM

Exactly. Big Tel kens the score.

#FromTheCapital
Should have been a goal kick instead of the corner that led to their goal. Although I've got a feeling that won't matter by the end of the game.

leither17
Was clearly not a corner

#FromTheCapital
07-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Rangers keeper looking dodgy like he did a few weeks ago against us.

Springbank
07-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Rangers keeper looking dodgy like he did a few weeks ago against us.

He is awful

I'm looking for us to score 3 minimum later this month at ibrox

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Glad this games on tonight ., got me pumped right up for the season hearing the **** signing the famine song... Let's do it this year hibs no ****in about

Isn't the famine song a banned song?

liamh2202
07-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Isn't the famine song a banned song?

No idea mate. They should ban all 'folk' songs from both sides in football grounds IMO

Gordy M
07-08-2015, 07:02 PM
I expect the rangers to win....but then again i expect us to beat st mirren at home as well, so wont be getting too worried if the rangers win this eve.

DH1875
07-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Good point on both counts. Bt sport no exactly impartial.

Miller & Boyd as the panel guests and Stuart McCall as the co commentator :hmmm:

Anyone else see their trophy room in the piece they done with the manager :confused::confused::confused:

Pretty Boy
07-08-2015, 07:06 PM
This just reaffirms my belief that Ian Hoooooooooof Murray should never manage Hibs.

Eye bleeding opening from St Mirren.

Ronster117
07-08-2015, 07:09 PM
St mitten are shocking so far

liamh2202
07-08-2015, 07:09 PM
This just reaffirms my belief that Ian Hoooooooooof Murray should never manage Hibs.

Eye bleeding opening from St Mirren.

Bit harsh lol. Must admit they are poor. Thomson looks finished tbh

Scorrie
07-08-2015, 07:10 PM
That Rangers keeper looks completely humpty. His kicking oot is woeful

liamh2202
07-08-2015, 07:11 PM
I think st mirren have dropped into the mistake of playing like they would against the old rangers. Its happened a couple of times in games between them and teams they haven't played before. If they can be a bit braver and take control of the game they will be in with a better chance

Ronster117
07-08-2015, 07:12 PM
That Rangers keeper looks completely humpty. His kicking oot is woeful
Looks like hes frightened to concede a goal

lord bunberry
07-08-2015, 07:13 PM
I think st mirren have dropped into the mistake of playing like they would against the old rangers. Its happened a couple of times in games between them and teams they haven't played before. If they can be a bit braver and take control of the game they will be in with a better chance
100% agree. They're playing the name not the team.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Much as I hate to say it but, they are playing some good stuff that we'd be purring over if it was us.

hibee_girl
2-0

hibbymick
The St Mirren defence are rank, relegation fodder.

Ronster117
07-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Game over as a contest

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Wallace on a hat trick.

#FromTheCapital
07-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Much as I hate to say it but, they are playing some good stuff that we'd be purring over if it was us.

Agreed. We can't afford to slip up anywhere near as often as we did last season.

#FromTheCapital
2-1

hibee_girl
2-1 now

B.H.F.C
07-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Didn't see that coming

DH1875
07-08-2015, 07:17 PM
2-1

Defo think we should be bidding £50k for Wallace. Boyhood club and all that.

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 07:18 PM
2-1 now

Pleasing. Perhaps it ain't over just yet.

jabis
07-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Hahaha...........****hawks deserved that😁

muzzando
07-08-2015, 07:19 PM
St Mirren aren't learning from their mistakes. Wallace keeps getting in behind

SkintHibby
07-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Perfectly weighted ball for the St.Midden goal.:agree:

SkintHibby
07-08-2015, 07:20 PM
That No.2 for Rangers looks a crackin player unfortunately.:agree:

Pretty Boy
07-08-2015, 07:22 PM

Said that when we played them as well.

Looks a very good footballer.

jabis
07-08-2015, 07:22 PM

Their all number two's for the rangers🏧

Pete
07-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Huns look decent which is night and day from last year.

We're still going up though, even if we finish second. Guaranteed.

bingo70
07-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Wee observation about the Huns, they look good going down the wings with their full backs but as we found out if you rely on your full backs for width eventually that'll take its toll on them. Imo Wallace and tavernier will have a dip in form or pick up injuries throughout the season, they don't seem to have a bog squad to cope with that.

lord bunberry
07-08-2015, 07:24 PM
18/1 St Mirren. Mon the buddies.

Diclonius
07-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Pitch invader, can't wait till Rangers don't get punished for it.

lord bunberry
07-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Huns look decent which is night and day from last year.

We're still going up though, even if we finish second. Guaranteed.
They won't get a look in when the big green machine rolls into town in 2 weeks.

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 07:28 PM

If he's a season ticket holder, that was a waste of his money.

Bristolhibby
07-08-2015, 07:31 PM

Their stewards were as effective in removing the invader as they were stopping ***** getting thrown at Hibs players.

J

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 07:33 PM
45 minutes into the season and Rangers are playing some nice stuff. We've also had sectarian singing and a jakey on the pitch. The dignity of it all.

Scorrie
07-08-2015, 07:33 PM
If he's a season ticket holder, that was a waste of his money.

He'll get away with it don't worry!

matty_f
07-08-2015, 07:34 PM
The Rangers have been much better than St Mirren so far, St Mirren look like they don't have a clue. The Rangers game is all about speed, quick passing, quick closing down. Hate to say it but they look good for a few more goals tonight.

My worry is that they get a big head of steam in the same way that the Yams did, and blow a few teams away early in the season (I know the Yams didn't quite do that, but they beat The Rangers and us in their opening two games and then went from strength to strength).

We need to put down a marker tomorrow at Dumbarton, we want The Rangers to be worried about facing us when we go to Ibrox in a few weeks. If we go there low on confidence and they're flying, then I think it could have massive implications on our title aspirations.

SkintHibby
07-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Is there a team in for Lee Wallace?

liamh2202
07-08-2015, 07:38 PM

Not yet. Excellent full back though

lord bunberry
07-08-2015, 07:39 PM
The Rangers have been much better than St Mirren so far, St Mirren look like they don't have a clue. The Rangers game is all about speed, quick passing, quick closing down. Hate to say it but they look good for a few more goals tonight.

My worry is that they get a big head of steam in the same way that the Yams did, and blow a few teams away early in the season (I know the Yams didn't quite do that, but they beat The Rangers and us in their opening two games and then went from strength to strength).

We need to put down a marker tomorrow at Dumbarton, we want The Rangers to be worried about facing us when we go to Ibrox in a few weeks. If we go there low on confidence and they're flying, then I think it could have massive implications on our title aspirations.
There's no way they'll get it their own way against us like they are tonight. Our game is all about possession.

Since90+2
07-08-2015, 07:40 PM

Lets not go overboard here about Rangers. They look better than last year but they are currently 2-1 against a poor St Mirren team (and their 1st goal came courtesy of a bad decision).

We we will be ready when we play then. We will also win our first 2 games fairly comfortably.

Ronster117
07-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Maybes AS should be banging in a couple of bids for Wallace.

B.H.F.C
07-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Lets not go overboard here about Rangers. They look better than last year but they are currently 2-1 against a poor St Mirren team (and their 1st goal came courtesy of a bad decision).

We we will be ready when we play then. We will also win our first 2 games fairly comfortably.

I agree. Biggest thing they have in their favour is 50,000 idiots making a racket at Ibrox though. StMirren looked terrified in the first 15 mins.

No doubt they're better than last year but they'll ship a few goals.

Thief
07-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Pains me to say it but the tempo, off the ball movement and closing down of opponents is impressive.
They'll blow a few teams away in opening 20 minutes but hopefully Saints will show us what can happen if you can weather the storm :-)
If the rangers can keep that tempo up beyond 60 minutes then Warburton is unfortunately doing something right :-(

Ronster117
07-08-2015, 07:44 PM
It's a very impartial commentary team and pundits......where is the St mirren rep

Sir David Gray
07-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Someone needs to sign Lee Wallace over the next few weeks.

Best player on the park by a mile so far.

matty_f
07-08-2015, 07:45 PM
There's no way they'll get it their own way against us like they are tonight. Our game is all about possession.

They kept possession from us fairly well a couple of weeks ago, and I thought their quick tempo stopped us playing our normal game.

I do appreciate the team we fielded that day was a lot weaker than the team that will likely line up against them in a few weeks, so I hope you're right.

I don't think there's too much between the teams as they are, The Rangers look like they play a little quicker than we do, so I suppose whichever team manages to dictate the pace of the game will have the advantage.

The The Rangers keeper looks very suspect though.

matty_f
07-08-2015, 07:46 PM

I'm not getting carried away, the St Mirren goal came out of nothing, and The Rangers could have had a few more.

I don't know how bad St Mirren are, but on this showing they're nowhere close to The Rangers, or us.

lord bunberry
07-08-2015, 07:47 PM
I'm noticing that BT are being really impartial with the team tonight. Miller, Boyd and McCall on the commentary. Wtf is that all about.

lord bunberry
07-08-2015, 07:51 PM
They kept possession from us fairly well a couple of weeks ago, and I thought their quick tempo stopped us playing our normal game.

I do appreciate the team we fielded that day was a lot weaker than the team that will likely line up against them in a few weeks, so I hope you're right.

I don't think there's too much between the teams as they are, The Rangers look like they play a little quicker than we do, so I suppose whichever team manages to dictate the pace of the game will have the advantage.

I would say that teams look better when the opposition play to their strengths. I was quite happy with the way we played against them with probably half a team. I agree that there's not much between the teams at this stage, but there's nothing to be worried about either. :hibees:hibees

lord bunberry
07-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Now we find out if Murray is a manager.

matty_f
07-08-2015, 07:54 PM
I would say that teams look better when the opposition play to their strengths. I was quite happy with the way we played against them with probably half a team. I agree that there's not much between the teams at this stage, but there's nothing to be worried about either. :hibees:hibees

I agree with you, to be fair. For the first half against them I thought we were the better team, the second half collapse naturally overshadows that, but I mentioned to my dad after The Rangers' first goal that I hadn't seen it coming because it had been fairly easy for us up until that point.

Andy74
07-08-2015, 07:55 PM

Maybe just bad luck on our part but won't be helping us that our new players have barely trained together. Rangers have now had that team playing in a few games. They look pretty sharp.

West hamBERNIAN
07-08-2015, 07:59 PM
I'm noticing that BT are being really impartial with the team tonight. Miller, Boyd and McCall on the commentary. Wtf is that all about.

Was just saying the same thing, shameless. On another note, for st mirrens first game in the championship away to this lot I'd say there doing okay. There's no way anyone can rule them out already. 😱. They'll definitely be up there imo

NorthNorfolkHFC
07-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Wallace is unplayable, huns best player by a long way. Don't rate the boy Kiernan at the back.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Maybe just bad luck on our part but won't be helping us that our new players have barely trained together. Rangers have now had that team playing in a few games. They look pretty sharp.

I suppose we have to hope that over the next couple of games our new players get that time together that means they've got some fluency with each other when the The Rangers game comes up.

I have to say, also, that I think we'd have fared better against them had Bartley been fit.

jdships
07-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Wee observation about the Huns, they look good going down the wings with their full backs but as we found out if you rely on your full backs for width eventually that'll take its toll on them. Imo Wallace and tavernier will have a dip in form or pick up injuries throughout the season, they don't seem to have a bog squad to cope with that.

Good summing up !!
Just as I thought might happen the two Hun full backs were up the park in the lead up to the St M goal . the two C/B's were pulled apart and allowed Howieson to make a sweet finish .

Andy74
Wallace is unplayable, huns best player by a long way. Don't rate the boy Kiernan at the back.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

The right back looks very good too. A bit David Murphy like.

hibee_girl
Penalty to St Mirren!

Libby Hibby
Penalty

bingo70
07-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Good summing up !!
Just as I thought might happen the two Hun full backs were up the park in the lead up to the St M goal . the two C/B's were pulled apart and allowed Howieson to make a sweet finish .

I think there's signs they're tiring in this game already.

lord bunberry
I agree with you, to be fair. For the first half against them I thought we were the better team, the second half collapse naturally overshadows that, but I mentioned to my dad after The Rangers' first goal that I hadn't seen it coming because it had been fairly easy for us up until that point.
We were by far the better team with most of the first team watching on. I know he's not everyone's cup if tea but Malonga going off was th turning point for us.
penalty for the saints
missed

matty_f
Come on the Saints!

hibee_girl
2-1

Thompson skies it!

matty_f
Ffs

cabbageandribs1875
thomson has a bet on himself, hope they get the ball back for the next home game

Sir David Gray
Thompson puts it in row z.

One of the worst penalties you'll ever see.

SuperAllyMcleod
07-08-2015, 08:05 PM
NEVER take a short run up - they usually miss!

Hibernia&Alba
2-1

Thompson skies it!

Big waste of space.

speedy_gonzales
Regardless of the outcome, that'll be the last game that referee has,,,,,,didn't he know the away team never gets a PK at Ibrox!

matty_f
That was one of the worst penalties I've ever seen. WTF was he doing with that? How do you even kick a ball like that?

carnoustiehibee
He meant that eh

Greenblood70
Thompson hasnt tried a leg in this game..been shocking tonight.

leither17
07-08-2015, 08:06 PM
He just looked awkward there no confidence at all

NorthNorfolkHFC
Terrible pen.

magpie1892

Worth £4m according to the nonce Gough. Have you seen the cack teams he's played for?

Nice pen. he gave away just now as well.

Del Boy
Stupid wee run up, he's no good enough for that!

scoopyboy
He meant that eh

exactly.

Waxy
Worst pen ever. Meant to miss.

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:07 PM
You can definitely get at that The Rangers defence. They don't look too clever at all.

archiebald
Big waste of space.

£5 bet with wife that he bloons it over bar

nellio
Incredible pen. One of the worst I've seen.

lucky
07-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Thompson must be an anagram off cheat. He's missed that penalty deliberately

bingo70
07-08-2015, 08:11 PM
You can definitely get at that The Rangers defence. They don't look too clever at all.

Wait till injuries start to kick in.

Libby Hibby
Huns keeper is ropey and Kiernan and Wilson are no great shakes...I have to concede the Huns look good going forward but they are running out of steam now...come on the buddies

cabbageandribs1875
thomson maybe thought the ball was a javelin....he's good at throwing spikes/javelins

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:13 PM
St Mirren's delivery has been woeful, corners, free-kicks (and penalties!) have been horrendous.

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 08:13 PM
St Mirren are going to regret missing that penalty, aren't they? Thompshun has been diabolical.

Andy74
07-08-2015, 08:15 PM
Worst pen ever. Meant to miss.

Was a shocker. Typical Hun.

Gatecrasher
07-08-2015, 08:15 PM
You can actually hear McCall ***** himself when St Mirren go forward

Since90+2
07-08-2015, 08:16 PM
The boy St Mirren have on loan from Celtic looks quality.

Gordy M
07-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Think what this game does show is that although the rangers are better than last year, they are by no means world beaters, and we should def be looking to win the league. Think some folk got a wee bit carried away as to how good the rangers are.:cb

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:18 PM
Beauty of a challenge there. :greengrin

Bit harsh to get booked for it, IMHO. Looked a bit of a dive from Wallace.

Greenblood70
07-08-2015, 08:18 PM
The cheat Thompson going off - Wallace got a sore one there by the looks of it

Ronster117
07-08-2015, 08:19 PM
Sevco might be the better team, but if midden had more belief they could be ahead

lord bunberry
That looks a bad one for Wallace, hope it's nothing trivial.

bingo70
You can actually hear McCall ***** himself when St Mirren go forward

I don't mind him tbh. Sounds gutted not to be the Huns manager though.

Found it interesting he seemed certain hibs would be after another striker, not an area anybody else seems to be thinking about for us.

Scorrie
07-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Think what this game does show is that although the rangers are better than last year, they are by no means world beaters, and we should def be looking to win the league. Think some folk got a wee bit carried away as to how good the rangers are.:cb

Agree. Can def get at them. Their defence looks well dodgy

bingo70
07-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Beauty of a challenge there. :greengrin

Bit harsh to get booked for it, IMHO. Looked a bit of a dive from Wallace.

Got the ball if you ask me

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Sevco might be the better team, but if midden had more belief they could be ahead

I don't think The Rangers have looked much better in the second half, St Mirren are holding their own now. Could easily be level but for the shan penalty.

West hamBERNIAN
07-08-2015, 08:22 PM
Is Stephen Thompson a double agent? Made Nish look like Ronaldinho on steroids.

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 08:24 PM

If that's his best, he should never play for them again. Lead boots couldn't have slowed him down more.

Scorrie
07-08-2015, 08:24 PM

Would have been difficult to take a worse penalty. Should've been hooked by Murray straightaway after that.

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:26 PM
That one really didn't look like a free kick.

MartinfaePorty
07-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Just turned the radio on after getting home from the pub. Are the Radio Scotland team commentating from a studio as you can hardly hear the crowd or is this to drown out the dubious songs?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Unfair to be calling Thompson a cheat, he appears to be an honest pro who's just having a shocker of a match. Just because he played for Rangers for a couple of years doesn't mean he'd deliberately lose.

Pretty sure he's a St Mirren fan anyway?

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Just turned the radio on after getting home from the pub. Are the Radio Scotland team commentating from a studio as you can hardly hear the crowd or is this to drown out the dubious songs?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Presumably because they've banned themselves from ibrox in support of their reporter?

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:28 PM
St Mirren are actually doing my head in with how bad their set pieces are.

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Unfair to be calling Thompson a cheat, he appears to be an honest pro who's just having a shocker of a match. Just because he played for Rangers for a couple of years doesn't mean he'd deliberately lose.

Pretty sure he's a St Mirren fan anyway?

He is. :agree:

Billy Whizz
07-08-2015, 08:31 PM
He is. :agree:

Played for the same boys club as me, albeit a few years later

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:32 PM
There are few players kicking about these days that I dislike more than David Templeton. Proper wee scrote.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2015, 08:33 PM
There are few players kicking about these days that I dislike more than David Templeton. Proper wee scrote.

You missed the word "diving"

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2015, 08:34 PM
You missed the word "diving"

And the word "cheat"

Since90+2
07-08-2015, 08:35 PM
On this showing we have nothing to fear from Sevco at all.

I'd fancy us with a full strength match fit team to beat them everyday of the week.

Libby Hibby
07-08-2015, 08:35 PM
The Rangers keeper looks like an outfield player that has to go in goals once the main keeper gets sent off...shocking keeper, he'll cost them goals

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2015, 08:36 PM

I'd fancy us with a full strength match fit team to beat them everyday of the week.

We don't need to worry about them. What we need to do is pummel everyone else and we'll win the league.

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:37 PM

Yeah, first half I thought they looked good, there's not been much between the two sides in the second half. Think St Mirren are worth a point, to be fair.

hibee_girl
07-08-2015, 08:37 PM
3-1

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Yeah, first half I thought they looked good, there's not been much between the two sides in the second half. Think St Mirren are worth a point, to be fair.

jinxed it.

lord bunberry
07-08-2015, 08:39 PM
jinxed it.
It's all your fault :greengrin

GlasgowHibee
07-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Rangers will steamroll most teams in the league, what's vital for us is that we do exactly the same. Its so important for us to go away to places like Alloa and Dumbarton etc and grind out results, something we didn't do last year.

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:41 PM
It's all your fault :greengrin

You are my wife and I claim my £5. :greengrin

lord bunberry
07-08-2015, 08:41 PM
You are my wife and I claim my £5. :greengrin
What's yours is mine darling :greengrin

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:42 PM
What's yours is mine darling :greengrin

:faf:

Greenblood70
07-08-2015, 08:44 PM
Would have been interesting to see how rangers would have coped if Thompshun hadn't ballooned his penalty into Row Z. I think that defence still looks very easy to play thru. Wallace and Tavernier are their main threat going forward, still not that impressed by Waghorn, he doesn;t look like a natural goal scorer to me. Has missed a hatful of chances tonight.

Ronster117
07-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Well that should give us a boost, a better team would have beaten the Huns

lord bunberry
07-08-2015, 08:46 PM
:faf:
Laugh all you want it's still your fault :wink:

matty_f
07-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Laugh all you want it's still your fault :wink:

No arguments here.

Stuarty27
07-08-2015, 08:47 PM
There is no doubt that Rangers have improved massively from last season.

But so have we, and I am convinced it will be down to consistency rather than the games we play vs each other.

ElginHibbie
07-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Still not seeing anything from Rangers to be scared of. We play the way we can, take our chances and not not make stupid mistakes we should be beating them

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Rangers looked crisp on the ball, but they could easily have dropped points against a new St Mirren team tonight, and I think they can be punished in defence.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Rangers will steamroll most teams in the league, what's vital for us is that we do exactly the same. Its so important for us to go away to places like Alloa and Dumbarton etc and grind out results, something we didn't do last year.We won twice at Alloa (once in the Scottish) and twice at Dumbarton.

Hiber-nation
Rangers will steamroll most teams in the league, what's vital for us is that we do exactly the same. Its so important for us to go away to places like Alloa and Dumbarton etc and grind out results, something we didn't do last year.

Apart from the 1st league game when we weren't up and running, we won all our other games at Alloa and Dumbarton didn't we??

S4uzee
Rangers looked crisp on the ball, but they could easily have dropped points against a new St Mirren team tonight, and I think they can be punished in defence.

Let's be honest, Rangers could've also scored a few more and looked quick and fit

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Let's be honest, Rangers could've also scored a few more and looked quick and fit

They did, yes, but it isn't a team of top players. Far from it.

poolman
07-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Why doesn't that Irish numpty Craigan not just go and lick Warburtons jacksy

Pretty Boy
07-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Apart from the 1st league game when we weren't up and running, we won all our other games at Alloa and Dumbarton didn't we??

Whilst your right of course I think the general point stands.

We lost 8 points to both Falkirk and QOTS last year, 3 to Alloa and I think 5 to Raith. If we are serioud about winning the league this year we simply can't afford that. I'm sure Alan Stubbs and the Hibs 1st team squad is more aware of.that than anyone.

I'm_cabbaged
07-08-2015, 09:09 PM
Why doesn't that Irish numpty Craigan not just go and lick Warburtons jacksy

Why does it matter where that numpty comes from?

poolman
07-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Why does it matter where that numpty comes from?

Did I say it mattered 😑

I'm_cabbaged
07-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Did I say it mattered 😑

Why even mention it then?

Hiber-nation
07-08-2015, 09:20 PM

We lost 8 points to both Falkirk and QOTS last year, 3 to Alloa and I think 5 to Raith. If we are serioud about winning the league this year we simply can't afford that. I'm sure Alan Stubbs and the Hibs 1st team squad is more aware of.that than anyone.

I agree, although I'd put that down more to not winning these home games where we had about 20 shots to the opposition's 1.

I was getting humpty at the poster to whom I responded as he posts nothing but negative pish every time he's on here.

GlasgowHibee
07-08-2015, 09:24 PM
I agree, although I'd put that down more to not winning these home games where we had about 20 shots to the opposition's 1.

I was getting humpty at the poster to whom I responded as he posts nothing but negative pish every time he's on here.

Negative pish is very harsh, those were the first two teams that came to mind.

The point still stands, we need to steamroll weaker sides.

liamh2202
07-08-2015, 09:24 PM
I believed his can win this league earlier and nothing I saw tonight changed my mind any

poolman
07-08-2015, 09:25 PM
Why even mention it then?

Because he is Irish

You must be a riot at parties

bingo70
07-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Because he is Irish

You must be a riot at parties

Absolutely desperate to get offended.

I'm_cabbaged
07-08-2015, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=poolman;4434302]Because he is Irish

You must be a riot at parties[/QUOTE

Eh? I've had my moments if the truth be told. Still not the ****ing point though, is it?

I'm_cabbaged
07-08-2015, 09:37 PM
Absolutely desperate to get offended.

Really?

B.H.F.C
07-08-2015, 09:42 PM

Yep, consistently beating all the other teams will win us the league. The head to heads will take care of themselves. Neither of us will win all 4 of those games. With that in mind, anything less than 6 points from Dumbarton and Morton is simply not good enough. We need to go to Ibrox with 6 points.

I think it was actually 7 points dropped to Raith btw! If we drop that number of points to a team like that this year we will end up 20 points behind again.

poolman
07-08-2015, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=poolman;4434302]Because he is Irish

You must be a riot at parties[/QUOTE

Eh? I've had my moments if the truth be told. Still not the ****ing point though, is it?

Ok I give up....I'm barleys