PDA

View Full Version : Morherwell charged for fan behaviour

JJP
06-08-2015, 04:38 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33806012

What about Rangers fans at Ibrox in the playoff first leg? Where's the SPFL's action on this?

Keith_M
06-08-2015, 04:44 PM

What about Rangers fans at Ibrox in the playoff first leg? Where's the SPFL's action on this?

Was there trouble in the first-leg of that tie?

:confused:

Hibs History
06-08-2015, 04:45 PM

Good one! Where are you performing at the Festival?

Total farce

SPFL and Police Scotland selective vision strikes again!

steakbake
06-08-2015, 04:48 PM

Hadn't you heard? They've been punished enough when they were booted down to Division 3.

Alfred E Newman
06-08-2015, 04:53 PM

Stupid question. You should know that Old Firm fans are exempt when it comes to behaviour issues.

essexhibee
06-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Absolute joke nothing was done after their shenanigans at ipox in the first play off game.

Keith_M
06-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Absolute joke nothing was done after their shenanigans at ipox in the first play off game.

What happened?

SON OF PADDY
06-08-2015, 05:46 PM
What happened?

The hun's where throwing paper balls at Scott Allan every time that he took a corner !!
Probably wee note's begging him to join them.

Keith_M
06-08-2015, 05:49 PM
The hun's where throwing paper balls at Scott Allan every time that he took a corner !!
Probably wee note's begging him to join them.

Thanks.

I presumed the OP was referring to the first-leg of the Rangers v Motherwell game, given the context.

Chibs
06-08-2015, 06:04 PM
Thanks.

I presumed the OP was referring to the first-leg of the Rangers v Motherwell game, given the context.

No you didn't, you were trying to be a smartarse.

Salisbury Hibby
06-08-2015, 06:10 PM
I must admit I thought the same given the OP subject, and I'm definitely not a smart arse.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
06-08-2015, 06:11 PM
To be fair - so did I.

DH1875
06-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Throwing bits of paper at a player and keeping the ball isn't the same as a pith invasion and charging towards the other teams fans lol.

Keith_M
06-08-2015, 06:24 PM

I genuinely thought he meant there was trouble in the first game... but I'd heard nothing about it

esjorto
06-08-2015, 06:30 PM

At the recent Easter Road game against them there were several arrests and at least one smoke bomb in the away end.. I understood action was to be taken. Anybody heard anything about this? Of course if they were to be fined they would put in an offer..... to not pay.

Carheenlea
06-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Throwing bits of paper at a player and keeping the ball isn't the same as a pith invasion and charging towards the other teams fans lol.

To be fair, there was more than paper balls getting thrown that night.

Bristolhibby
06-08-2015, 07:08 PM
To be fair - so did I.

Me too.

J

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-08-2015, 10:27 PM
Whether it was paper, drumsticks or their false teeth they were throwing at Scott Alllan for 90 minutes, the point is any other team would be in trouble for that! It's a joke that it was never even mentioned in the media, not a sniff of it. If they had any money then it would have been coins they were throwing. Thankfully they were keeping them for their next whip round for new players

JJP
06-08-2015, 11:38 PM
Sorry about the first post. Wasn't clear what game I meant. Does anyone know if any action was taken over the game they had at Ibrox with Hearts last year as well? The one that got abandoned? Seem to recall there was a bit of trouble at that game as well. Jambos being attacked and then the fans trying to break into the Ibrox offices after the game.

monktonharp
07-08-2015, 12:36 AM
To be fair, there was more than paper balls getting thrown that night.no need to be fair, because they certainly feel the need. they/their fans bombarded our goalie with alleged balls of paper in the first half. they then bombarded whoever took any of our 13 corners in the second half.a drumstick, was actually found to be one o the projectiles hurled at our player, but drumsticks maybe don't come into the clause of unsporting behaviour or whatever laws are meant to prevent this. we were then held back after that match, for half an hour, only to be threatened and abused by the trickle of huns allowed to filter through our supporters bus areas.

Mathias Jack
07-08-2015, 11:34 AM

But throwing a drum stick at a rival player, like the Rangers fans did to Scott Allan, is acceptable?

emerald green
07-08-2015, 11:42 AM
A lot of the bad stuff involving the supporters of the newco (and the oldco) usually gets swept under the carpet for some strange reason.

Monts
07-08-2015, 11:53 AM
A lot of the bad stuff involving the supporters of the newco (and the oldco) usually gets swept under the carpet for some strange reason.

Because the reporters get banned from Ibrox if they mention it.

Keith_M
07-08-2015, 02:57 PM
The SFA are to hold an investigation into the reports of sectarian singing at the last match between Hibs and Rangers.

Are they finally taking DerHun to task for decades of sectarianism?

Eh, no. It's an investigation into a Match Official, who dared to commit the heinous crime of revealing the information to a member of the Press, which is obviously MUCH worse than the actual sectarianism of the The Rangers Fans

Hibrandenburg
07-08-2015, 03:03 PM
The SFA are to hold an investigation into the reports of sectarian singing at the last match between Hibs and Rangers.

Are they finally taking DerHun to task for decades of sectarianism?

Eh, no. It's an investigation into a Match Official, who dared to commit the heinous crime of revealing the information to a member of the Press, which is obviously MUCH worse than the actual sectarianism of the The Rangers Fans

Sauce?

Keith_M
07-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Sauce?

The Herald (http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13580026.Match_official_to_be_spoken_to_by_Scots_f ootball_officials_over_Rangers_sectarian_singing__ leak_/?ref=mr&lp=6)

West hamBERNIAN
07-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Probably to do with the fan hitting that animal Lee McCullough with the flag too. Absolutely shameful that the actions of the sevco fans hasn't been punished.

Smartie
07-08-2015, 03:37 PM
I don't really have a problem with Motherwell being charged. McCulloch was hit with a flag and there was a pitch invasion at the end goading the Rangers fans. They should face some sort of punishment for that.

What I do have a problem with is that, as per usual, there is a blind eye being turned to many more incidents where Rangers fans are at fault.

That club really do run rings round the authorities.

green&left
07-08-2015, 04:07 PM
I don't really have a problem with Motherwell being charged. McCulloch was hit with a flag and there was a pitch invasion at the end goading the Rangers fans. They should face some sort of punishment for that.

What I do have a problem with is that, as per usual, there is a blind eye being turned to many more incidents where Rangers fans are at fault.

That club really do run rings round the authorities.

Or the club. After the Hibs & Hearts games at Ibrox where the huns thought a half dozen stewards and an untied G4S tarpaulin was adequate security measures for a high-risk game some papers mentioned The Rangers would be investigated for their security arrangements. Heard zilch since so assuming that resulted in sweet FA happening to the huns (as per).

emerald green
07-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Because the reporters get banned from Ibrox if they mention it.

They aren't going to risk that, especially after forking out for their season tickets to Greyskull.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Probably to do with the fan hitting that animal Lee McCullough with the flag too. Absolutely shameful that the actions of the sevco fans hasn't been punished.

I'd want McMulloch to apologise for his face touching my flag
:flag:

O'Rourke3
07-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Be interesting to se now if AS asked in a Press Conference why no action was taken by Stewards during the game. Those fans could have been throwing darts and no-one seemed bothered. Given they were The Rangers fans they could easily have been throwing their own faeces and thats a public health hazard.

Sent via the bushes @ EM