PDA

View Full Version : Media Giant Hibernian Season Ticket Billboard on Leith Walk (Croall Place/Shrubhill)

TheFamous1875
05-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Very pleased on my commute up the Walk today to see a giant, 50ft advert promoting our club and our season ticket in the main thoroughfare of our club's fan base. Been saying for years that this is what the club needs to do - to get our name out there and promote ourselves on the biggest scale possible in the city, and especially on 'our' side of town.

Couldn't get a photo, but if anyone's in Leith, have a wee deek!

Well done Leann & everyone at Hibs who're taking simple, yet very effective steps to get our club back to where it belongs :thumbsup:

RCNG
05-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Very pleased on my commute up the Walk today to see a giant, 50ft advert promoting our club and our season ticket in the main thoroughfare of our club's fan base. Been saying for years that this is what the club needs to do - to get our name out there and promote ourselves on the biggest scale possible in the city, and especially on 'our' side of town.

Couldn't get a photo, but if anyone's in Leith, have a wee deek!

Well done Leann & everyone at Hibs who're taking simple, yet very effective steps to get our club back to where it belongs :thumbsup:

Bump! I want a pic!

DaveF
05-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Would love to see a pic if anyone can grab it. I drive past the electronic one on Calder Road every day and it would be great if we had that one too.

Greencore
05-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Great news, pic?

Wembley67
05-08-2015, 06:51 PM
I half agree, great promoting our club but we should be doing it outwith our catchment area more. It's fantastic yes as its a start and I'm sure more will come!

Without trying to sound 'whatever' I think both Edinburgh clubs are in very sound hands in the future and I'm looking forward to it....

matty_f
05-08-2015, 08:48 PM
I think it's a great idea and actually think the location is spot on. We are far more likely to engage with people on our doorstep than we are those further afield.

Wembley67
05-08-2015, 09:25 PM
I think it's a great idea and actually think the location is spot on. We are far more likely to engage with people on our doorstep than we are those further afield.

Sorry, disagree. Everyone that stays around here will be caught up in the buzz already with friends and whatnot, its great for putting a stamp but not going to recruit many more fans I don't think.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-08-2015, 05:38 AM
Sorry, disagree. Everyone that stays around here will be caught up in the buzz already with friends and whatnot, its great for putting a stamp but not going to recruit many more fans I don't think.

But in the past folks could ask are the club doing enough? Well it looks like they are pulling out all the stops on this one.

Wembley67
06-08-2015, 08:20 AM
But in the past folks could ask are the club doing enough? Well it looks like they are pulling out all the stops on this one.

Certainly not having a go at the club that's for sure :-)

Northern Hibby
06-08-2015, 08:36 AM
Still no pic 😞

kaimendhibs
06-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Off topic but bought my nephew his first ever season ticket today, girl on phone couldn't have been more helpful😄

calmacuk
06-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Still no pic 

Hibs have put one up on Twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLtx5N2WoAAfbe1.jpg:large

:thumbsup:

GreenCastle
06-08-2015, 09:37 AM
Looks good - would be great to see more adverts around the city - though can imagine quite expensive.

Think the club should be doing some promotional work in the centre of the city - so many tourists about they should use the festival to give out tickets / scarves etc.

Future17
06-08-2015, 11:06 AM

That may have been true once upon a time, but there are lots of people living in Leith now that don't have that connection and we need to find a way of attracting them and the generations that will come after them.

Also delighted to see the Club using this billboard as there was, until recently a Celtc advert on it. :fuming:

liamh2202
06-08-2015, 11:13 AM
That may have been true once upon a time, but there are lots of people living in Leith now that don't have that connection and we need to find a way of attracting them and the generations that will come after them.

Also delighted to see the Club using this billboard as there was, until recently a Celtc advert on it. :fuming:

I agree , it is now more realistic to say the majority of the community of east Edinburgh/east lothian have no ties to hibs . and its great to see the club put itself out there

brog
06-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Slightly off topic but I lived on Leith Walk, between Iona & Dalmeny streets many moons ago. There was a newsagent, a die-hard Hibby, on the opposite side who always amended the football billboards produced by the News & Dispatch. it was great fun evey day or so looking to see what he had produced. My fav was "Double Blow For Hearts' Fans" to which he had added, "Next 2 Games At Home"! If our new billboard gets half the attention this guy's mini boards did all these years ago it will have been money well spent.

Brooster
06-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Well done Hibs. Maybe another one on Sir Harry Lauder Rd or at the Fort would help. And what about match day puster in pubs and outside newsagents etc. Seen them in Berwick and thought they looked good.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Wonder if there is a thread on kickback slagging it yet. Only a wee team would advertise blah blah blah [emoji42]

Sherlock Jones
06-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Click 'em...

PatHead
06-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Well done Hibs. Maybe another one on Sir Harry Lauder Rd or at the Fort would help. And what about match day puster in pubs and outside newsagents etc. Seen them in Berwick and thought they looked good.

A poster in the ticket office window advertising our next game wouldn't go amiss. Come to think of it a sign that says Hibernian Ticket Office on the building wouldn't be out of place either.

I will quit before Jack gets here and starts on the "crest on the west".

givescotlandfreedom
06-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Off topic but bought my nephew his first ever season ticket today, girl on phone couldn't have been more helpful

Well done M :thumbsup:

adhibs
06-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Looks excellent. Is it hibs constantly on loop or is the advertising space shared with other things? Will hopefully be passing later for a look

Sherlock Jones
06-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Looks excellent. Is it hibs constantly on loop or is the advertising space shared with other things? Will hopefully be passing later for a look

It's shared advertising space along with a few other companies - none of which I can remember :tee hee:

GreenCastle
06-08-2015, 03:39 PM
A poster in the ticket office window advertising our next game wouldn't go amiss. Come to think of it a sign that says Hibernian Ticket Office on the building wouldn't be out of place either.

I will quit before Jack gets here and starts on the "crest on the west".

Very good point about lack of signage around ticket office !!

Also been saying for years we should get branding on the outside of stadium for fans driving past / views from Arthur seat etc!! I know these things cost money but would add so much to the stadium.

Bishop Hibee
06-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Excellent. Advertising is about raising brand awareness and this does the trick. One at the billboard at Seafield would be good. Loads of traffic along their every day.

MCameron
06-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Slightly off topic but I've always thought a way to increase our fan base. Is to give away hundreds of tickets to different schools every week for the games we know won't sell out. Give the Kids a parent and child pass and get them interested in us early. Think this needs to be a long term approach but if nothing else they'll probably buy a programme, perhaps some food and some of the. Will be hooked and will want to come back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
06-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Slightly off topic but I've always thought a way to increase our fan base. Is to give away hundreds of tickets to different schools every week for the games we know won't sell out. Give the Kids a parent and child pass and get them interested in us early. Think this needs to be a long term approach but if nothing else they'll probably buy a programme, perhaps some food and some of the. Will be hooked and will want to come back.

Think we do this, Pathead is your man to explain what we do in this area

MCameron
06-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Thought we did this from tint to time but not sure it's every week and how many we supply. I'd rather see a stadium full and kids from schools around Edinburgh and east lothian being given free tickets on a rotation. Maybe there are limits that apply? Just my thoughts.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Thought we did this from tint to time but not sure it's every week and how many we supply. I'd rather see a stadium full and kids from schools around Edinburgh and east lothian being given free tickets on a rotation. Maybe there are limits that apply? Just my thoughts.

Think we do it for most league games, or we did last season

Slicer
06-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Well done Hibs on this. Hopefully persuade a few more to sign up.

While I agree that bringing back lapsed supporters is the priority, do we do enough to encourage others to come along?

There are thousands of tourists around Edinburgh for the next month. Is it worth having someone handing out flyers? Surely make the money back by selling a few tickets.

Do we reach out to the Polish community? Perhaps open a line of communication with the group that bring the Polish Hibs flag?

I know we have student concessions, but do we still advertise in Snapfax or the like?

Just a few suggestions, I'd love to see the place rocking again.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-08-2015, 11:11 PM

While I agree that bringing back lapsed supporters is the priority, do we do enough to encourage others to come along?

There are thousands of tourists around Edinburgh for the next month. Is it worth having someone handing out flyers? Surely make the money back by selling a few tickets.

Do we reach out to the Polish community? Perhaps open a line of communication with the group that bring the Polish Hibs flag?

I know we have student concessions, but do we still advertise in Snapfax or the like?

Reaching out to the Polish community is something I've been keen on for a while now as well. Living in Leith, I see everyday how large this community is becoming. I'm not sure if the club is doing anything, or what could be done but I feel we should be tapping into it certainly.

Bishop Hibee
07-08-2015, 10:01 AM
Reaching out to the Polish community is something I've been keen on for a while now as well. Living in Leith, I see everyday how large this community is becoming. I'm not sure if the club is doing anything, or what could be done but I feel we should be tapping into it certainly.

Tickets to the Polish schools which run on Saturday mornings would be a good idea.

DaveF
07-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Years ago we (hibs.net) dropped leaflets in all the polish shops reaching out to the community and asking them along to ER. No idea if anyone took any notice - it might have been the dodgy translation as provided by hibbyradge :-)

GreenCastle
07-08-2015, 10:24 AM

Definitely - many Polish people are very passionate about football and it would be great to see more along at Easter Road.

I have seen a Polish Hibs flag in the East stand I think ?

liamh2202
07-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Definitely - many Polish people are very passionate about football and it would be great to see more along at Easter Road.

I have seen a Polish Hibs flag in the East stand I think ?

Yeh the guys sat behind me in the ff maybe ten years ago at least. Two good guys who are passionate to say the least.

Slicer
27-08-2015, 05:24 AM

Great idea that man! :wink:

Hibs have just advertised on the official Facebook page...

VOLUNTEERS: Help promote the best show in Edinburgh this week-Hibernian at Easter Road Stadium!
We are looking for Hibees to lend a hand with flyer distribution in Edinburgh this week.
If you are available on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday (pre-match) and are able to help out please get in touch by e-mailing enquiries@hibernianfc.co.uk with your availability and contact number.

Hopefully some people can help out. It would give you an enormous sense of well being, swell the crowd and increase the transfer kitty.

:flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
27-08-2015, 06:47 AM
Finally the club are listening to tapping into the festival crowd.
The club got too complacent with 99.9% of focus on STs*. That's fine but misses a trick
And potentially decent revenue stream. I went one suggestion further - have a temp ticket booth/standup shared with Edinburgh rugby and potentially the filth.

Also if focus is so biased towards STs how do you entice people back - do people really go from never going to ST? Do we even track conversion rates? How do we know what works? Is it really true that the only thing that matters is the product on the park? Should _first time_ converts be able to offset the ST price if they have ticket refs for 1-3 games?

* 62.07% of stats are made up.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-08-2015, 06:54 AM

A few years back I spoke with a few Poles watching a Hibs away game (on TV at The Artisan) They were Legia Warsaw fans and whilst they liked Hibs they supported Celtic because of their profile I guess but a couple of things thing were clear 1) due to the Yams chants around the death of the Pope they would never follow Hearts 2) ticket price was an issue for them and they suggested other Poles.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-08-2015, 07:00 AM
Hibs should aim to become the club of choice for the diversity that exists within the City.
Last time I was at The Mela - in Pilrig park our back yard - there was no Hibs presence at all but one of the performances was an Asian dude doing keepie-uppie - in a Celtic top.
I think I suggested a presence at The Mela at LWT but dunno if that came to anything.

Slicer
27-08-2015, 07:24 AM
Hibs should aim to become the club of choice for the diversity that exists within the City.
Last time I was at The Mela - in Pilrig park our back yard - there was no Hibs presence at all but one of the performances was an Asian dude doing keepie-uppie - in a Celtic top.
I think I suggested a presence at The Mela at LWT but dunno if that came to anything.

Leith is so diverse and should be a Hibs catchment area. Over here in Australia they have a multi cultural round for their code of football. It highlights the diversity in the league and opens the sport up to the communities. They might even give out free tickets. It's more franchise based, so the model wouldn't work so much in the SPFL but there's nothing stopping Hibs leading the way. How many kids at the summer camps are from ethnic backgrounds?

Perhaps these flyers can have a catchy title in some different langauges.

trev the hat
27-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Leith is so diverse and should be a Hibs catchment area. Over here in Australia they have a multi cultural round for their code of football. It highlights the diversity in the league and opens the sport up to the communities. They might even give out free tickets. It's more franchise based, so the model wouldn't work so much in the SPFL but there's nothing stopping Hibs leading the way. How many kids at the summer camps are from ethnic backgrounds?

Perhaps these flyers can have a catchy title in some different langauges.

Ah knowson 😉

IberianHibernian
27-08-2015, 07:30 PM
There are lots of football mad foreigners in Edinburgh area who`d probably really appreciate a stadium tour or chance to use East Mains or tickets for a match . There are groups of Spaniards and Italians who have regular matches in Meadows and other parks . Some of them have been in Edinburgh for several years and would really appreciate becoming part of a local institution ( Hibernian FC ) . Not sure if any language schools work with Hibs in summer ( using East Mains or with a Hibs coach coaching elsewhere ) but it`d be a moneywinner and could even lead to promising players joining us early on ( families would be happy for their sons to train with Hibs and study in Scotland if they were getting good attention ) .