PDA

View Full Version : How much do hibs make per month on the HSL scheme?

Greencore
04-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Was wondering if anyone has a figure on how much hibs are making a month through the direct debits?

Weststandwanab
04-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Was wondering if anyone has a figure on how much hibs are making a month through the direct debits?

Nothing I would imagine is the correct answer to that question.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-08-2015, 07:30 PM

Answers on a postcard to an agent near you...

I'd rather avoid a "how long is your schlong" with the famous.

CropleyWasGod
04-08-2015, 07:34 PM

Not sure what you mean by "making".

For one thing, they're not getting the HSL direct debits. HSL are. HSL will, periodically, buy shares in the club.

That money is not trading income, if that's what you mean, so there's nothing to be "made". That's different from the HMFC model, where the direct debits are trading income for the moment.

The money raised through this, and the shares bought directly, is to be spent on the football operation. ..... so all money coming in is going out again.

Greencore
04-08-2015, 09:06 PM

For one thing, they're not getting the HSL direct debits. HSL are. HSL will, periodically, buy shares in the club.

That money is not trading income, if that's what you mean, so there's nothing to be "made". That's different from the HMFC model, where the direct debits are trading income for the moment.

The money raised through this, and the shares bought directly, is to be spent on the football operation. ..... so all money coming in is going out again.
Ah I see, thanks for that :).

PatHead
05-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Any idea how much is being raised each month from Direct Debits and how many shares HSL has bought so far?

California-Hibs
05-08-2015, 03:10 PM

Not sure I quite follow. 'Spent on the football operation' surely means partly being spent on new players yes? Why would Hibs always have a wee line or two about 'this signings was made possible through those investing in HSL/buying shares direct' etc.

I would think asking for a rough estimate of how much HSL is generating per month would be a valid question, as this money is in turn helping out with funding players is it not? :confused:

Just Alf
05-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Our Chairman Kenny MacAskill unveils Hibernian’s new signings James Keatings and Dan Carmichael at Easter Road. Kenny explained to the press the role HSL played in helping the Club secure these important early signings.

“This Club has changed radically on the pitch, and off, in the last 12 months and great credit goes to Leeann and Alan for that. The contribution our members have made to help enable the events of the last couple of days to happen is magnificent. We started in February and have already raised in lump sum contributions and regular direct debit payments, £100,000 and this has been handed over to Leeann and Alan. The direct debits that will continue to run will deliver another £150,000 during the next few months. We greatly thank our supporters for that magnificent effort but it doesn’t stop there. The events that have unfolded yesterday, and again today, have encouraged more supporters to join as these signing, earlier than normal, are tangible evidence of the impact we are making.

"Fans are buying in to the club on a journey that will lead to them owning it. The contribution made to date by those who have joined HSL has allowed us to become the second largest shareholder but also to support the campaign to get the Club back where it belongs.
"The sporting ambition the Club has shown is being funded directly through supporters. We are making a big impact. I am sure we all agree we want to do more. HSL provides that simple vehicle for supporters who want to continue to make a big impact on the future of our Club. We will get the Club we fund, the Club are showing the sporting ambition and as supporters we should back that. This should be our rallying call.”

2 June 2015

ancient hibee
05-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Not sure I quite follow. 'Spent on the football operation' surely means partly being spent on new players yes? Why would Hibs always have a wee line or two about 'this signings was made possible through those investing in HSL/buying shares direct' etc.

I would think asking for a rough estimate of how much HSL is generating per month would be a valid question, as this money is in turn helping out with funding players is it not? :confused:

It's only being spent on football operations when HSL buy shares thereby paying cash to Hibs to use.

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2015, 05:30 PM

Yeah, it's a valid question, which I tried to answer.

As AH also tried to explain, the Club aren't getting the direct debits. They're getting the money as and when HSL decide to pay it over. The quote above from KM gives some clarity as to how much and when that is.