PDA

View Full Version : NHC Will celtic win more than 9 titles in a row?

Waxy
04-08-2015, 06:31 PM
Do you think they will? I think they'll most likely win alot more in a row.Whos to stop them? Aberdeen?
I dislike celtic quite alot but this'll make sevco fans looking in Squirm.

Hibernia&Alba
04-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Realistically, only Rangers could stop them, but they are in such a state financially, it could be a long time before they're ready to challenge for titles again. For that reason, I would say yes right now.

Then again, Hibs to be bought by multi-billionaire? :-D

HH81
04-08-2015, 06:36 PM
How many have they won in a row at present?:confused:

goosefat
04-08-2015, 06:37 PM
There are 3 certainties in life:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Celtic winning the league

Yawn.

Hibernia&Alba
04-08-2015, 06:39 PM
How many have they won in a row at present?:confused:

Four - it's going to be five for sure.

Steve20
04-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Yes. They'll get well over 9 in a row. There's no one to stop them.

Devonhibs
04-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Its got to be really pointless being a celtc fan with no sense of achievement when they win things - they can't get the really intense high us lesser fans get when we have the occasional league cup win

Roxyhibee
04-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Couldn't give a flying ****- but if it means the inevitability leads to panic buttons being pressed all over the place at Hunbrox in a couple of years and massive overspending creating even more financial crisis there, then that can only be a good thing...

Sir David Gray
04-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Celtic could easily win the league for at least the next 10 years.

As things stand, there's no other club that's even remotely close to being able to challenge them and the only club that even likely to challenge in the future is Sevco and they're light years away from Celtic's level right now.

They could go on to win 15 or 20 titles in a row.

BIGK
04-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Couldn't give a flying ****- but if it means the inevitability leads to panic buttons being pressed all over the place at Hunbrox in a couple of years and massive overspending creating even more financial crisis there, then that can only be a good thing...

I'd love this to happen. There was never much difference between the ugly sisters for me , not now. I naively thought that a trip round the lower leagues might give them a sense of humility, more full me.
Celtic to win 10 in a row now and then to watch The Rangers crash and burn trying to reach that goal.

Bostonhibby
04-08-2015, 07:47 PM
If celtc do, maybe we should consider giving the lesser greens the "i" back?

Haymaker
04-08-2015, 08:49 PM
If celtc do, maybe we should consider giving the lesser greens the "i" back?

Never!

Stranraer
04-08-2015, 08:51 PM
I don't see them having any real opposition in a long time.

Hibernia&Alba
04-08-2015, 08:54 PM
I don't see them having any real opposition in a long time.

Have you been away SH? Seems like ages since you've been around .

Gerard
04-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Probably

Bostonhibby
04-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Never!

Okay then.

PeeJay
05-08-2015, 07:55 AM
I voted no as otherwise we may as well all give up ...

Danderhall Hibs
05-08-2015, 08:01 AM
On my phone so apologies but I can't find the don't care option?

Stokesy's on fire
05-08-2015, 08:05 AM
Yes they will

I've always wondered how it would effect Glasgow Rangers fans who used say they were the most successful team in the world with the 54 titles...so if Celtic beat them will the the Orks fans then say that Celtic are the most successful team in the world? Poor Sevco haven't even won as many Titles as the Hibs! But as a Hibee I welcome the chase. Cmon Sevco catch us if you can.

Newry Hibs
05-08-2015, 08:12 AM
I think a lot of you are forgetting that Hearts are now in the top division - and will inevitably win the title, at least next season.

R'Albin
05-08-2015, 08:14 AM
Yep. Although I'd say the Sheep are more likely to be competitors over the next five years than the Huns.

Stokesy's on fire
05-08-2015, 08:21 AM
Yep. Although I'd say the Sheep are more likely to be competitors over the next five years than the Huns.

The sheep would like to think that. They made me laugh last season when they tried to claim that they pushed Celtic. Hearts walked it and won the championship by 20points yet in the mind of deluded sheep they pushed Celtic who won it by 15 or so points...Aberdeen should stick to what they do best which is be quiet and sit down.

SlickShoes
05-08-2015, 08:39 AM
I couldn't care less what they do, the gap between them(and rangers for many years) and everyone else is so vast money wise that it's not worth bothering about.

It would be impressive for any team to win 9 in a row in some sort of competitive league, but in the SPL it's just a formality.

sambajustice
05-08-2015, 09:06 AM
Hopefully.

Unless Hibs can stop them.

Keith_M
05-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Who gives a toss

DH1875
05-08-2015, 09:09 AM
I voted no as otherwise we may as well all give up ...

Do you think we will win the premier league in the next 10 years like?

Hermit Crab
05-08-2015, 09:11 AM
The will win it again. Aberdeen were the strongest they've ever been for years last season and celtic still pished it in the end.

Hermit Crab
05-08-2015, 09:11 AM

Unlikely to be honest.

Stokesy's on fire
05-08-2015, 09:21 AM
The will win it again. Aberdeen were the strongest they've ever been for years last season and celtic still pished it in the end.

Exactly!

The strongest sheep team in years was In a league that didn't contain Hibs, hearts or Sevco...they had to challenge the mighty Ross county, Hamilton, partick and St'mirren and yet how many of their players have moved on due to their undoubtable talent? Sheep are no different to hearts fans they call themselves a big team. One tried to tell me that Aberdeen are a high profile club...really? So will they be in the champions league with the Jambos 💩 competing with Real Madrid and Inter??? 😄 you have to enjoy the lunacy comments from the yams and the sheep totally deluded! Makes for good entertainment though and gives people something to laugh at.

PeeJay
05-08-2015, 09:41 AM

Well, the idea of doing so seems a worthwhile objective and a properly run club should be capable of putting up a viable challenge in the backwater that is currently Scottish football, don't you think?

Difficult to be confident about Hibs winning the Premier League title though, as getting out of this league seems to be proving a tough challenge for some reason ...

since90plustwo
05-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Hate to say it but with warburton in charge and the ''feel good factor'' returning to rangers, they arnt great at the moment but providing they go up this year i can see them beating celtic to the league in the next 4 years. Celtic arn't that good either

erin go bragh
05-08-2015, 12:07 PM
10 ! More like 20 in a row . Until there is a cap on wages ( if)

GGTTH

Roxyhibee
05-08-2015, 04:01 PM
Hate to say it but with warburton in charge and the ''feel good factor'' returning to rangers, they arnt great at the moment but providing they go up this year i can see them beating celtic to the league in the next 4 years. Celtic arn't that good either

I'd be extremely surprised if the horrible Huns could provide any form of financial competition for the Copycat Greens in the distant future. They are already servicing a huge amount of uncertain debt just to compete with us for the Championship race with dodgy people running their club. The gap is pretty colossal between them and I think the only way it could close would be a bored billionaire overseas businessman comes in at some point looking for a 'toy' to play with...

As I said earlier though, hope they kill themselves trying again, never to resurface this time...

Haymaker
05-08-2015, 04:16 PM
10 ! More like 20 in a row . Until there is a cap on wages ( if)

GGTTH

How would a cap work though? It would have to be an MLS style where everyone puts in a % of earnings into a pot that is shared out equally. If it is a cap on wages per club Celtc will continue to win constantly.

Stokesy's on fire
05-08-2015, 04:18 PM

Warburton has a long way to go...the feel good factor is present just now but it only takes one defeat for them to turn on the manager...McCall got slagged rotten after nearly two games or so...Mr loaf will go mouldy before Christmas and be binned.

Canon Hannan
05-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Yes they will

I've always wondered how it would effect Glasgow Rangers fans who used say they were the most successful team in the world with the 54 titles...so if Celtic beat them will the the Orks fans then say that Celtic are the most successful team in the world? Poor Sevco haven't even won as many Titles as the Hibs! But as a Hibee I welcome the chase. Cmon Sevco catch us if you can.

SEVCO 2012 still think they are the most successful team in the World.

Malthibby
05-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Should have been a 'who cares' choice; might have given the other two a wee run for their money.
GG

Pete
05-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Celtic winning the league at a canter is just the same to me as Celtic and Rangers battling it out on the final day. It will have the same boring outcome: clubs from Glasgow being disproportionately better than everyone else.

Unless there is proper wealth distribution up here the game will die.

Stokesy's on fire
05-08-2015, 05:05 PM

Yeah they have mysteriously won 54 titles...Sevco haven't even competed in the top flight of Scottish football 😂

Onion
05-08-2015, 05:10 PM
It's entirely in their hands. As long as there's big money to be had in Europe, they'll take the league seriously. The more they win it, the more money they get, the bigger the gap between them and all the rest. Unless someone with money comes in to Hunbrox it could take a generation before they're in a position to compete with Celtic for the league.

Eyrie
05-08-2015, 06:54 PM

To be fair, they've won their league in two of the three seasons that they've been in existence for. How many other clubs have a 67% success rate?

As regards Septic, who cares about them?

Lang Toun Hibs
05-08-2015, 07:20 PM
On my phone so apologies but I can't find the don't care option?

Spot on!:flag:

Michael
05-08-2015, 08:07 PM

Chances are that Aberdeen will go back to being ***** again pretty soon. No team outside Celtic or Rangers (until they died obv...) is any good for more than 5 years max.