PDA

View Full Version : gps

liamh2202
02-08-2015, 05:58 PM
I see a lot of teams wearing the vests with GPS built in like the technology they use in rugby. I assume FIFA have changed their stance regarding this as it wasn't allowed in previous seasons. Just wondering if anyone noticed if it was something hibs were doing ( the vests look like sports bras and have a hump on the back where the unit sits)

Michael
02-08-2015, 06:59 PM
I was wondering what going on with the Dundee United players' upper backs!

liamh2202
02-08-2015, 07:18 PM

Yeh I read up on its use in rugby.. They use it to actually determine sub's and everything. It previously wasn't allowed in football but rules must have changed

Hibs Class
02-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Is that the way that they can show how far each player has traveled during the game?

The_Exile
02-08-2015, 08:36 PM
I heard Cummings has to wear one 24/7.

Future17
02-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Is that the way that they can show how far each player has traveled during the game?

If you mean on the live coverage of games, that's done via cameras and related tech.

Scouse Hibee
02-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Sat Nav to show them where the goals are.

liamh2202
02-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Its more to calculate when players are tiring ( it flags up players whos pace is dropping or who are making less runs etc.

Billy Whizz
02-08-2015, 08:44 PM

Doesn't seem to be working for them, if you've got useless players, not much you can do with the info

Hibs Class
02-08-2015, 08:58 PM
If you mean on the live coverage of games, that's done via cameras and related tech.

Aye, that's what I was thinking of, seen it on champions league games.

Andy Bee
02-08-2015, 09:06 PM
All they need now is one in the ball and they may actually be able to call offside decisions correctly along with the ball being over the goal line. A step forward IMO. It'll also give a far more in-depth analysis of where the player has been on the pitch and I wouldn't be surprised if it had a heart rate monitor included. Going forward it may be an idea to include a taser type gadget in which all the Uber fans can have a button that'll send 20,000 volts to a players erchie if they decide he's not performing up to their very own high standards. :agree:

The_Exile
02-08-2015, 09:10 PM
All they need now is one in the ball and they may actually be able to call offside decisions correctly along with the ball being over the goal line. A step forward IMO. It'll also give a far more in-depth analysis of where the player has been on the pitch and I wouldn't be surprised if it had a heart rate monitor included. Going forward it may be an idea to include a taser type gadget in which all the Uber fans can have a button that'll send 20,000 volts to a players erchie if they decide he's not performing up to their very own high standards. :agree:

Liam Craig would've had hair like Worsel Gummidge last season :greengrin

bill the hibby
02-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Am I just making this up or did we at one point have special cameras installed in the west stand that were used exactly for this? I'm sure this was the case under either John Hughes or John Collins

Brunswickbill
03-08-2015, 10:41 AM

http://www.adidas.co.uk/micoach-smart-ball/G83963.html

Newry Hibs
03-08-2015, 11:44 AM
So that's what that lump is for!! I have seen them in rugby and just thought it was some padding to protect the neck / spine in case of heavy tackles / falls.

I'm_cabbaged
03-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Pity this wasn't about in kerr's days.....

Haymaker
03-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Am I just making this up or did we at one point have special cameras installed in the west stand that were used exactly for this? I'm sure this was the case under either John Hughes or John Collins

prozone is the system used,I would imagine we have it. It is a bit like playing football manager!

These god vests will monitor a lot more things like heart rates etc to help tailor training, recovery spells etc.

Future17
03-08-2015, 12:10 PM

prozone is the system used,I would imagine we have it. It is a bit like playing football manager!

These god vests will monitor a lot more things like heart rates etc to help tailor training, recovery spells etc.

The Prozone units were originally installed in the old East - not sure where they are located now.

bill the hibby
03-08-2015, 01:13 PM

I'm sure I went on a tour of the ground one time and was told they had been moved to the west, quite a high-tec system im sure when hibs first got it

Haymaker
03-08-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm sure I went on a tour of the ground one time and was told they had been moved to the west, quite a high-tec system im sure when hibs first got it

it was. Everyone has it now pretty much. It is fun to use and play on.

silverhibee
03-08-2015, 04:04 PM

:agree:

The Rangers players always got them on during training sessions.

Ozyhibby
03-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Someone asked on here what the little blacks things were on the Dundee Utd players backs were. I couldn't find it so I've started a new thread. Here is an interesting article that may explain.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/02/science-fine-tuning-elite-footballers?CMP=share_btn_tw

Lmc2105
03-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Hearts had them also seems to be a common thing.

Ozyhibby
03-08-2015, 10:19 PM
Hopefully we are doing the same.

HappyAsHellas
03-08-2015, 10:35 PM
What were the players wearing during the friendlies? I saw two objects fall from under players shirts at Berwick, and one at Dunfermline. On these occasions the players picked them up and stuck them back in the chest area. I thought it might be some form of heart monitor but does anyone know for sure.
I can't believe that I was the only one who saw this.

GreenCastle
03-08-2015, 11:10 PM
I saw this at Berwick and it was GPS/heart rate monitors that fell out.

The article above explains more.

Previously teams weren't allowed to wear them in competitive games - seems now the rules have become more relaxed.

Not a big fan of them sticking out of the shoulders of shirts - they should only be allowed if they are more subtle and less chunky.

Centre Hawf
03-08-2015, 11:34 PM
I saw this at Berwick and it was GPS/heart rate monitors that fell out.

The article above explains more.

Previously teams weren't allowed to wear them in competitive games - seems now the rules have become more relaxed.

Not a big fan of them sticking out of the shoulders of shirts - they should only be allowed if they are more subtle and less chunky.

In a time where we've seen multiple fatalities and near deaths due to heart problems on a football field, I'm happy for anyone who may require one to get any form of warning before something horrible happens.

Libby Hibby
04-08-2015, 05:35 AM
In a time where we've seen multiple fatalities and near deaths due to heart problems on a football field, I'm happy for anyone who may require one to get any form of warning before something horrible happens.

If that is the sole reason for wearing them then fine but as someone else said earlier, they are being used to influence decision making during games like substitutions and tactics if a player is transmitting they are low on energy

Viva_Palmeiras
04-08-2015, 06:41 AM
All or nothing for me - either everyone gets one or no one.

offshorehibby
04-08-2015, 07:53 AM
I'm sure i heard at one of the talks given by AS & GC last season that Hibs players were wearing theses in the friendlies they played so i would asume the are still using that technology.

Brightside
04-08-2015, 07:59 AM
Next year they are adding FIFA 16 chips into them so the experts can control them from the stand. :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
04-08-2015, 08:01 AM
Next year they are adding FIFA 16 chips into them so the experts can control them from the stand. :wink:

Ach well, SSN have started using Football manager as a way to compare players so why not eh!

Brightside
04-08-2015, 08:08 AM
Ach well, SSN have started using Football manager as a way to compare players so why not eh!

Id rather have that than half the so called expert the bring out.... FM stats have much more work behind them. :thumbsup:

Future17
04-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Someone asked on here what the little blacks things were on the Dundee Utd players backs were. I couldn't find it so I've started a new thread. Here is an interesting article that may explain.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/02/science-fine-tuning-elite-footballers?CMP=share_btn_tw

Here's the original thread: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?302580-gps

Ozyhibby
04-08-2015, 08:59 AM
At one of the Working Together meetings, I'm sure our head of recruitment said we were no longer using pro zone. They are still using video analysis though and they were looking for volunteers to help with 'tagging' the games.

liamh2202
04-08-2015, 09:07 AM
At one of the Working Together meetings, I'm sure our head of recruitment said we were no longer using pro zone. They are still using video analysis though and they were looking for volunteers to help with 'tagging' the games.

I think it would be silly if we weren't using the GPS , there must be something in it if its good enough for international egg chasing as well as barca, real and chelsea

Haymaker
04-08-2015, 11:23 AM

Pro Zone is probably now out dated so we are probably using something else. Southampton built their own system for example.

liamh2202
04-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Pro Zone is probably now out dated so we are probably using something else. Southampton built their own system for example.

Is prozone the GPS boxes or a different system?

Haymaker
04-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Is prozone the GPS boxes or a different system?

Prozone used 8 camera to film everything and automatically interpret the all the information. I imagine the GPS things are a different company and can monitor more things that pro-zone cant. I haven't used the GPS stuff myself so don't know the company, it could be the new version of prozone? :dunno:

liamh2202
04-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Prozone used 8 camera to film everything and automatically interpret the all the information. I imagine the GPS things are a different company and can monitor more things that pro-zone cant. I haven't used the GPS stuff myself so don't know the company, it could be the new version of prozone? :dunno:

Ok thanks mate

Haymaker
04-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Ok thanks mate

This looks like it http://www.gpexe.com/

Torto7062
04-08-2015, 03:31 PM

I wondered the same..but saying that they all look like Ogres up there.....