PDA

View Full Version : Seagulls

ads913
02-08-2015, 02:38 AM
What the hell is going on with those seagulls at Easter road today. Divebombing the public inside the stands looking for food Actually was a bit scared...not a funny matter.

Hibeesmad
02-08-2015, 02:42 AM
Surely we are just as bad as Aberdeen? They just released a statement about Seagull problems the other day

green viper
02-08-2015, 06:23 AM
Maybe if we made a noise in the stands it might scare them off ie singing lol

Onion
02-08-2015, 06:38 AM
Maybe if we made a noise in the stands it might scare them off ie singing lol

Went away when the PA system was blaring away at HT, so there's something in this :greengrin Read that the Dons had the same problem but had some ideas to rid them.

ALF TUPPER
02-08-2015, 07:01 AM
Scott Booth 😋

Craig_HFC
02-08-2015, 07:19 AM
Give a select few fans air rifles and let them open fire on the flying rodents.

Problem solved.

:gun:

Weststandwanab
02-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Give a select few fans air rifles and let them open fire on the flying rodents.

Problem solved.

:gun:

That is a criminal offence with jail time as they are a protected species.

GordonHFC
02-08-2015, 07:34 AM
Do what they do here in Musselburgh. Get someone to shoot the eggs. That's not illegal.

green viper
02-08-2015, 07:39 AM
Put fal curry in the pies that will get rid of them

Stuarty27
02-08-2015, 07:39 AM
Some idiot in the east feed them a whole poke of chips at halftime yesterday.

Couldn't believe it, they were all flying about shi ting everywhere.

Hibrandenburg
02-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Put effigies of Stevie Fulton on top of all the stands, problem sorted.

pontius pilate
02-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Put hawk kites up in the stands. That's what we use at the centre in Livingston seems to do the trick as we had major problems with ten on the special roof we have

GreenArmy1875
02-08-2015, 08:35 AM
Scott Booth 😋

Callum you mean? Is he still with Partick?

Brooster
02-08-2015, 08:41 AM

Seen that. Middle aged bloke who seemed quite happy with himself as well. Absolute clown.

Jack
02-08-2015, 08:43 AM
I used to work in a huge single storey building with a flat roof and we had problems with these *********.

I know the PA system can only be used for urgent messages during the match but would that include playing the seagull distress call? It wouldn't disturb the match as such just the gulls. We used that in the office I was in and had some success.

Johnny Clash
02-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Seen that. Middle aged bloke who seemed quite happy with himself as well. Absolute clown.

The last thing we want to do is encourage the seagulls. Seagull **** can be a huge stinky mess and it ain't easy to wash off. Chucking chips for them to scoff is really stupid. It might mess with their cholesterol though!

Hibernia&Alba
02-08-2015, 09:04 AM
They're big aggressive buggers; it was like the Hitchcock film. I was feart.

Golden Bear
02-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Seagulls, Herring Gulls or Black headed gulls? That is the question.

I agree they were all a friggin nuisance.

heretoday
02-08-2015, 09:11 AM
Scatter food waste around the Away End before the match.

I solve problems. It's what I do.:wink:

GreenCastle
02-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Stop selling the crap over priced - bad tasting food and they won't stop by.

Seriously though while it's not an issue all season - it's an issue a long with the poor tannoy system / sound that need sorted.

CraigHibee
02-08-2015, 09:25 AM
did we no have a similar issue about 10 years or so ago? i vaguely remember something on the news about a guy and a hawk being at easter road to chase away birds of some kind, it might have been pigeons, can't remember

heretoday
02-08-2015, 09:36 AM
did we no have a similar issue about 10 years or so ago? i vaguely remember something on the news about a guy and a hawk being at easter road to chase away birds of some kind, it might have been pigeons, can't remember

Hibs v Elfsborgs. Intertoto Cup 2008. Please don't go there. I can still hear those gulls.

mim
02-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Do what they do here in Musselburgh. Get someone to shoot the eggs. That's not illegal.
I'm fairly sure that is illegal too

Northernhibee
02-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Can any of them play out on the wing? Offer them a contract if they can :hyper

Glory Lurker
02-08-2015, 09:48 AM
They did go away when we cheered each goal. The simple solution is for Hibs to score every three minutes for the rest of the season.

Northernhibee
02-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Put a massive layer of clingfilm over the top of each of the four stands.

MSK
02-08-2015, 09:52 AM
I'm fairly sure that is illegal tooI used to speak to the pest control guy when he had a few jobs at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital, he had a mahoosive hawk with him, he said he can't physically touch the seagulls or eggs but he finds the nests and the hawk pecks holes in the eggs to destroy the embryos.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-08-2015, 09:54 AM
We should install cardboard cut outs of stevie fulton on each stand....that should scare them off

Off the bar
02-08-2015, 10:07 AM
If you could confine the gulls to the away stand next time the Huns visit this would be quite funny
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=suYz5SHFHyA

Northernhibee
02-08-2015, 10:10 AM
We should install cardboard cut outs of stevie fulton on each stand....that should scare them off

What, a scarec***?

#FromTheCapital
02-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Perhaps we could train them to stick exclusively to the south stand and empty their guts over the rangers fans next time they're in town.

Waxy
02-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Anti seagull paint on top of the stands.
Some of them where actually landing and pulling bits of food under the seats, and why didn't they bother anyone in the west stand? They've got anti seagull stuff over there i reckon.

speedy_gonzales
02-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Had to laugh when a small group of the seagulls broke away chasing another with food, the excitement must have been too much as one of the gulls vacated their bowels just in front of us,,,,,pebble dashing a pair of stewards at the front of section 39, west stand!

O'Rourke3
02-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Some of them where actually landing and pulling bits of food under the seats, and why didn't they bother anyone in the west stand? They've got anti seagull stuff over there i reckon.

We bring our own Falcons....

mim
02-08-2015, 12:11 PM
why didn't they bother anyone in the west stand? They've got anti seagull stuff over there i reckon.

Even the gulls won't touch the food on sale in the West :na na:

Mark79
02-08-2015, 12:16 PM

So let me get this right. Someone queued up for our overpriced cardboard chips and then fed them to the seagulls. Unreal.

Hibby70
02-08-2015, 12:17 PM

Maybe they're allergic to prawns.

God Petrie
02-08-2015, 12:17 PM
They don't like prawn sandwiches so avoided the west.

Bishop Hibee
02-08-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm fairly sure that is illegal too

No, you can clear the eggs when they nest.

Scouse Hibee
02-08-2015, 12:22 PM
The singing in the West kept them away, you folk in the East should try it sometime.

whiskyhibby
02-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Put fal curry in the pies that will get rid of them

[emoji23][emoji23]

tamig
02-08-2015, 12:45 PM
No, you can clear the eggs when they nest.

I'm sure that's how quite a few local authorities deal with the problem - just remove the eggs. I think that was part of the Aberdeen plan too.

eezo63
02-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Thanks guys, i was feelin a bit down the day ,but reading these posts has cheered me right up.:thumbsup:
some ****** funny suggestions:applause:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Hibs need to invest in an Eagle like Crystal Palace.

Sir David Gray
02-08-2015, 02:39 PM
In all seriousness it is something that needs to be looked at as there's far too many of them going about and it really is distracting and it's quite inevitable in terms of being splattered at some point as well.

They have very little fear of humans which means they're quite happy to get up close and personal in the hunt for scraps of food.

It's something that Hibs should be addressing, perhaps along with Edinburgh council.

LancashireHibby
02-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Read somewhere that Aberdeen had a hawk that was released during their game last week. Not sure whether I'd fancy getting covered in seagull guts should any of them actually get caught, but it'd be a good deterrent at least.

Bristolhibby
02-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Can any of them play out on the wing? Offer them a contract if they can :hyper

I hear they are going cheep.

J

Keith_M
02-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Read somewhere that Aberdeen had a hawk that was released during their game last week. Not sure whether I'd fancy getting covered in seagull guts should any of them actually get caught, but it'd be a good deterrent at least.

Fortunately it was before the game, not during.

Not sure I'd be all that keen on having a hawk flying around during the game :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-08-2015, 05:35 PM
I live right next to the ground and they are the bain of my life. Keep me awake at night with their relentless squaking(when do they sleep ffs?!), ***** all over my car and then I can't even escape them at the football. They are getting bigger and braver as well. Something needs done pronto as its a real issue. My vote would go to getting a bird of prey. Awesome creatures, unlike ****ing seagulls that bring nothing good to the party

DaveF
02-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Apparently they are red listed.

Get to know your different gulls here:

http://www.rspb.org.uk/discoverandenjoynature/discoverandlearn/birdguide/name/h/herringgull/index.aspx

Waxy
02-08-2015, 06:44 PM
A couple of the gulls flapping around the east yesterday where one step down from a pterodactyl.Huge beasts they where.
Had to s****** inside myself at the old guy a few rows down.Flapping his arms at them as if they where gonna carry him away to their nest on a ledge on arthurs seat.

Scouse Hibee
02-08-2015, 07:05 PM
If one comes too close in the stand just punch it.

Jack Hackett
02-08-2015, 07:13 PM
A seafront cafe in Hove has a cut-out silhouette of a hawk on top of a flexible pole, which looks like it's hovering in the slightest of breezes. Very effective.

One or two on each stand, just on match days so they don't get accustomed too quickly, and the problem would disappear...hopefully :greengrin

Andy74
02-08-2015, 08:17 PM
If one comes too close in the stand just punch it.

Agreed

oconnors_strip
02-08-2015, 08:23 PM
My dad nearly hit one just week with those petrofac hand clappers they were handing out.

blackpoolhibs
02-08-2015, 09:02 PM
My dad nearly hit one just week with those petrofac hand clappers they were handing out.

Who taught the birds to do that?

oconnors_strip
02-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Who taught the birds to do that?

:greengrin:greengrin they are clever birds these days

Actually it was the human birds :wink:

stanton_4
04-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Apparently they are red listed.

Get to know your different gulls here:

http://www.rspb.org.uk/discoverandenjoynature/discoverandlearn/birdguide/name/h/herringgull/index.aspx

Absolutely correct all Gulls are protected and there are many species (there's no such species as a Seagull btw) Also active nests are protected.
http://www.rspb.org.uk/makeahomeforwildlife/advice/gardening/unwantedvisitors/gulls/thelaw.aspx

Bostonhibby
04-08-2015, 11:31 AM
I don't suppose there's any chance of any of them coming out and saying they have always wanted to drop one of their brightly coloured and aromatic loads on the rangers fans? if so surely the full weight of the Scottish Media could be brought down on the authorities to get them safely transferred through to the west where they belong?

Keith_M
04-08-2015, 11:57 AM
Any truth in the rumours that Hibs are currently recruiting for a bunch of real hard ******* Gulls to ambush any invading Gulls on Matchdays?

I heard they're calling themselves The Seaside Squad, and they train the younger Gulls in a Car Park late at night, with their 'top boy', Randy Blanks.

speedy_gonzales
04-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Any truth in the rumours that Hibs are currently recruiting for a bunch of real hard ******* Gulls to ambush any invading Gulls on Matchdays?

I heard they're calling themselves The Seaside Squad, and they train the younger Gulls in a Car Park late at night, with their 'top boy', Randy Blanks.

I'd been herring something similar except the young team are on their summer holidays just now (probably looking for a $h@g) so training with the razor(bill)s doesn't start until tern time.

P.S Admins, apologies for circumventing the swear bot, it's only a bird after all, don't wish to come across as a complete and total bustard!

Mathias Jack
04-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Said gulls aren't just a problem on match days. I stay at Albion Gardens, the wee s***s perch on the West Stand!

They wake at 5 every bloody morning!

pennyhibee
05-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Why not stretch a big net across the top of the 4 stands . It would stop the gulls getting in and force therangers to play the ball on the deck ,easy wins for us

Keith_M
05-08-2015, 02:09 PM
Why not stretch a big net across the top of the 4 stands . It would stop the gulls getting in and force therangers to play the ball on the deck ,easy wins for us

They could extend it over the back of the Stands and stop all those Fans that leave 15 minutes early

:duck:

Last Minute
05-08-2015, 02:46 PM
this is going to sort them out the next couple of weeks15230

Pete
05-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Herring gulls in "can't find any herring to eat" shocker.

Brightside
05-08-2015, 03:42 PM
A national cull is required and is coming.

liamh2202
05-08-2015, 03:45 PM

If they keep ****ting on my car it will be started at a local level

Jack
05-08-2015, 05:31 PM

Where can I find out more?

Only thing I heard was that David Cameron thought it would be something he'd need to have a discussion about.

TBH I don't think him negotiating with them will make a difference.

Irish_Steve
05-08-2015, 06:00 PM
You`d think with our shooting, the safest place for the birds to be would be in the nets, not 50 ft above them!

Bishop Hibee
05-08-2015, 06:34 PM

Doubt it if they've actually gone down in numbers. Just not in the Restalrig area!

I stand corrected on the clearing of nests. Where I've seen it done must gave had a license.

Greencore
05-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Bring back Callum booth

sleeping giant
05-08-2015, 06:41 PM
I remember staying in a hotel somewhere in the north east , think it was a wee fishing place as I could see boats fi ma windae. The seagulls were mental. Never seen or heard anything like it. Sitting on my window sill squaking away all night and it still didn't scare them away :greengrin

After a few pints and a dubey , it sounded like they were laughing at me . Seriously Shan night likes

Hibrandenburg
20-08-2015, 06:57 AM
I remember staying in a hotel somewhere in the north east , think it was a wee fishing place as I could see boats fi ma windae. The seagulls were mental. Never seen or heard anything like it. Sitting on my window sill squaking away all night and it still didn't scare them away :greengrin

After a few pints and a dubey , it sounded like they were laughing at me . Seriously Shan night likes

The blighters are getting bigger as well.

H18S NX
20-08-2015, 10:03 AM

After a few pints and a dubey , it sounded like they were laughing at me . Seriously Shan night likes :greengrin:aok:

E10 Rifle
20-08-2015, 10:41 AM
They have tactics you know. First half V Morton only a couple were in evidence but come half time and for the second half we get mobbed. I reckon the ones in the first half are the 'spotters' and they put out the call to the rest when we're going for our over-priced pies!

Maybe simply giving them one of our pies would be enough to put them off for good :sick: