PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) BT Sport Now Have La Liga

hfc rd
01-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Various news feeds coming in is that Bt Sport have acquired La Liga after Sky Sports dropped out of the bidding for the rights.

monktonharp
01-08-2015, 09:36 PM
aye, but they are now charging existing customers a fiver a month, according to the wife. I have not had a chance to check yet.sneaking in the back door with a price increase

Moulin Yarns
01-08-2015, 09:38 PM
aye, but they are now charging existing customers a fiver a month, according to the wife. I have not had a chance to check yet.sneaking in the back door with a price increase

£5 for the hd service. Still free for the ordinary service.

Onceinawhile
01-08-2015, 09:39 PM
£5 for la Liga and champions league as opposed to £20 for the English premiership? I know which is better value!!

Danderhall Hibs
01-08-2015, 09:40 PM
£5 for the hd service. Still free for the ordinary service.

BT Europe costs an extra fiver.

Pretty Boy
01-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Could Sky losing a couple of the jewels in their crown be the beginning of the oft predicted implosion in English football?

Or will increased competition just bump the next bids even higher?

Onceinawhile
01-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Could Sky losing a couple of the jewels in their crown be the beginning of the oft predicted implosion in English football?

Of will increased competition just bump the next bids even higher?

Think it might be the latter. They'll be desperate to hold onto it. Nobody pays a lot of money for the Ashes or some rugby.

SteveHFC
01-08-2015, 09:44 PM

Hopefully. I'll laugh if that happens.

Danderhall Hibs
01-08-2015, 09:44 PM

Sky have gone all eggs in one basket with the EPL, probably means they'll throw more at it to make sure they keep it.

high bee
01-08-2015, 09:49 PM
It could all start going wrong for sky here. More and more will subscribe to BT for the champions league. I wouldn't be surprised if BT bids trough the roof and gets the EPL in 3 years time as they will know that it's all sky have got.

CB_NO3
01-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Cancelled my Sky Sports. Not interested in the overrated Premiership and certainly not interested in the MLS.

c31
01-08-2015, 09:57 PM
goggle kodi

SlickShoes
01-08-2015, 09:57 PM
I watch most of my EPL on Match of the Day, is that now La Liga, champions league and Bundesliga on BT Sport? even with the £5 extra charge BT Sport costs me £10 a month max which is much less than sky sports were charging me to basically watch a game a week.

Michael
01-08-2015, 10:03 PM
BT have loads of football now and is really good value for money. Sky is quite pricey, but as long as they have the lions share of the English prem they'll probably still be maintaining most subs.

Interesting to see how things will be 3 years from now.

monktonharp
01-08-2015, 10:18 PM
BT have loads of football now and is really good value for money. Sky is quite pricey, but as long as they have the lions share of the English prem they'll probably still be maintaining most subs.

Interesting to see how things will be 3 years from now. your post has given me the idea to look into this a bit more. I haven't a clue what we are paying, and probably watch 1 or 2 premier and champ league games in a season. I should be saving a bit of money. should I be looking at virgin, etc?

liamh2202
01-08-2015, 11:06 PM
BT Europe costs an extra fiver.

Not if you have BT broadband and TV, still free. Although I pay a fiver so I can watch it through my sky box because my broadband is crap here

Michael
01-08-2015, 11:31 PM
your post has given me the idea to look into this a bit more. I haven't a clue what we are paying, and probably watch 1 or 2 premier and champ league games in a season. I should be saving a bit of money. should I be looking at virgin, etc?

Depends what you have currently for broadband. I renewed my bt contract the other day and they offered me bt tv for just £35 one-off payment and £0 a month with bt sport. In my case I turned it down because I have Sky and find it more convenient to pay the £5 a month (+£4 if you want HD) to have the sky bt sports channels.

I think you have to pay a bit more if you're not a bt broadband customer, but they don't make you buy a bunch of stuff you don't want like Sky do.

But, my logic is that everyone needs broadband anyway, so if you're interested in sport you might as well get BT to get sport on the cheap.

liamh2202
01-08-2015, 11:32 PM
Depends what you have currently for broadband. I renewed my bt contract the other day and they offered me bt tv for just £35 one-off payment and £0 a month with bt sport. In my case I turned it down because I have Sky and find it more convenient to pay the £5 a month (+£4 if you want HD) to have the sky bt sports channels.

I think you have to pay a bit more if you're not a bt broadband customer, but they don't make you buy a bunch of stuff you don't want like Sky do.

But, my logic is that everyone needs broadband anyway, so if you're interested in sport you might as well get BT to get sport on the cheap.

Its 19.99 if you don't have BT broadband

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2015, 03:50 AM
Not if you have BT broadband and TV, still free. Although I pay a fiver so I can watch it through my sky box because my broadband is crap here

Only if you have fibre broadband. If your address doesn't support that they sting you for the fiver.

Alex Trager
02-08-2015, 04:47 AM
Does BT not have a few EPL games too?

HH81
02-08-2015, 06:10 AM
Yes.

I subscribe to both anyway but as Sky has cricket and rugby league I would not be leaving anyway.

liamh2202
02-08-2015, 06:36 AM
Only if you have fibre broadband. If your address doesn't support that they sting you for the fiver.

Not quite mate I don't have fibre. You can get it free and watch it on the app or online ( just can't get it through the tv) or you can pay the fiver to gt it through the sky box. Which I thought was a good deal

lucky
02-08-2015, 07:16 AM
BT & Sky competing may look good just now but to get them both on various different platforms is going to cost us lots. Can't say I'm sad to see sky lose some big games but it's us the punters that will end up paying more in long term

patch1875
02-08-2015, 08:05 AM
don't have any sports channels anymore find the champions league format pretty dull now and little interest in the premiership.

Jdawg
02-08-2015, 08:09 AM
don't have any sports channels anymore find the champions league format pretty dull now and little interest in the premiership.
Totally agree, CL groups are boring then the knockout stages are pretty much the same teams every year. Would be great to see it revert to a straight knockout format.

These days I really only want to watch hibs, maybe it's an age thing.

matty_f
02-08-2015, 09:41 AM
The English Premiership, in terms of UK viewing figures, absolutely dwarves the Champions League and La Liga combined. Of Sky's top 40 football matches last season, only one was non -EPL, and that was the CL Final. Even then, that pulled in less than some mid -table dross in the EPL.

Champions League accounted for (IIRC) around 3% of Sky's total sports viewing.

Like it or not, EPL is the big draw for a huge number of people.

I think it's good to have choice. BT entering the frame is a good thing, competition should mean lower prices and higher standards for us as consumers.

I just wish either of the broadcasters would put more investment into Scottish football.

micka_weer
02-08-2015, 09:49 AM
I have bt broadband, bt sports and HD is 'free', which I watch through sky box,as is the bt sports app.

Winston Ingram
02-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Not a big fan of La Liga. Barca/Real are cracking sides but you know they're going to hammer whoever they're playing 4/5-0 every week

CB_NO3
02-08-2015, 10:56 AM
c31 clear your inbox please.

LancashireHibby
02-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Recently switched to BT Broadband so I get all the BT Sport channels free of charge and only pay £3 a month for HD.

LaMotta
02-08-2015, 11:48 AM
The English Premiership, in terms of UK viewing figures, absolutely dwarves the Champions League and La Liga combined. Of Sky's top 40 football matches last season, only one was non -EPL, and that was the CL Final. Even then, that pulled in less than some mid -table dross in the EPL.

Champions League accounted for (IIRC) around 3% of Sky's total sports viewing.

Like it or not, EPL is the big draw for a huge number of people.

I think it's good to have choice. BT entering the frame is a good thing, competition should mean lower prices and higher standards for us as consumers.

I just wish either of the broadcasters would put more investment into Scottish football.

Competition should mean lower prices but it doesnt translate that way.

The companies bidding against each other drives the price up for the rights meaning they have to recoup the inflated costs through the customer.

The only real beneficiaries are the big clubs, players and agents!

Torto7062
02-08-2015, 11:56 AM
Use the App Mobdro. ....works for me 😉

green&left
02-08-2015, 11:59 AM
goggle kodi

Brilliant for TV and movies. Sports is still piss poor though for me.

liamh2202
02-08-2015, 12:24 PM

Yeh I have a gbox and this is how I find it

H18S NX
02-08-2015, 12:59 PM
Sports donkey on kodi is excellent for sports

patch1875
02-08-2015, 01:12 PM

Why's that? Poor live feed?

liamh2202
02-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Why's that? Poor live feed?

Streaming live quality is poor in comparison to movies etc

patch1875
02-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Streaming live quality is poor in comparison to movies etc

Are the movies quality as good as watching it on sky?

liamh2202
02-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Are the movies quality as good as watching it on sky?

Yes .full HD and even 3d sometimes if they are just released to the pics it takes a couple of days to get a decent copy

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Not quite mate I don't have fibre. You can get it free and watch it on the app or online ( just can't get it through the tv) or you can pay the fiver to gt it through the sky box. Which I thought was a good deal

Didn't realise that, well at least that's not what the sales guy said to me.

On another topic wtf is ultra HD?

erin go bragh
02-08-2015, 02:25 PM

Look for Robin Hood app on Kodi . Great for watching any football .

GGTTH

liamh2202
02-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Didn't realise that, well at least that's not what the sales guy said to me.

On another topic wtf is ultra HD?

Its the new 4k TVs .. Just another step up in quality

c31
02-08-2015, 09:36 PM
c31 clear your inbox please.

sorry -- clear now...

matty_f
05-08-2015, 09:37 AM
Sky announced today that they've got La Liga for the next three seasons.

BenjiOscar
05-08-2015, 09:37 AM
Sky Sports reporting they have a new deal to show La Liga for a further 3 seasons.

Hibs Class
05-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Sky announced today that they've got La Liga for the next three seasons.

Are they sharing it with BT or do BT not have it at all?

MKHIBEE
05-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Are they sharing it with BT or do BT not have it at all?

No mention of La Liga in their schedule of matches

DavieRoy
08-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Sky Sports have La Liga exclusively live for the next three years. BT Sport didn't win the tender, despite what some newspapers reported.