PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

lord bunberry
01-08-2015, 09:07 PM
A class act today. He's going to be our main man again this season before getting a big move. Goal machine.

Pretty Boy
01-08-2015, 09:10 PM
:agree:

Said on another thread he looks like he's taken a big step forward over the summer. He looks stronger and his touch has definitely improved. He worked his socks off today and there was none of the throwing his hands about or kicking the ground nonsense of last season.

If he keeps on going like today, and he was probably the only player to get pass marks last weeks as well, then he could well better his tally from last season.

As far as I'm concerned he's our 1st choice striker at the moment and it's up to the other 3 to fight it out for the other place.

Golden Bear
01-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Yip, he's already a guid yin and will only get better. It's essential we get an amicable settlement to the future contract negotiations.

hibee_girl
01-08-2015, 09:15 PM

Was really impressed with him today (and last week to an extent), he looks much stronger and his touch seems much better too.

Callum_62
01-08-2015, 09:16 PM
Found Stubbs Hibs TV interview which mentioned Cummings a bit weird

reckon Stubbs has some issues with JC (possibly off field)

Wheat Hound
01-08-2015, 09:19 PM

What did he say?

Hibs1992
01-08-2015, 09:36 PM
What did he say?

Said that Cummings still has to work on many aspects of his game, as he has said on many occasions. But said he does have the habit of scoring goals.

Also made a comment about the fact that Cummings is turning 20 so he might start growing up.

From my point of view he is trying to keep Jason's feet on the ground. He is obviously a very confident/cocky lad and I think Stubbs is reluctant to overly praise him.

All harmless.

Onceinawhile
01-08-2015, 09:41 PM

Last season he said at the start we would not be seeing him too much. JC changed his mind though.

BTW don't let the BBC see this thread cause we've got no goalscorers.

Greencore
01-08-2015, 09:56 PM
How long has he got on his contract? Should we be worried incase he signs for his boyhood Heros .....;) (doubt it)

Steve20
01-08-2015, 10:03 PM
A class act today. He's going to be our main man again this season before getting a big move. Goal machine.

Needs to start going it in important games. If they have the same amount of game time, then Keatings would score more than Cummings.

Onceinawhile
01-08-2015, 10:03 PM
How long has he got on his contract? Should we be worried incase he signs for his boyhood Heros .....;) (doubt it)

Hahaha, for once we're lucky his boyhood heroes defecated on his hopes and dreams

SkintHibby
01-08-2015, 10:08 PM

Is that what we have reduced ourselves to?, whoring every player a move away from Easter Road at the first sign of any promise.

Deary me.

lord bunberry
01-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Needs to start going it in important games. If they have the same amount of game time, then Keatings would score more than Cummings.
He does score in important games. I've no idea how good Keatings is, but if he does as well as Cummings did last season then we'll win the league.

PercyHibs
01-08-2015, 10:14 PM

Said on another thread he looks like he's taken a big step forward over the summer. He looks stronger and his touch has definitely improved. He worked his socks off today and there was none of the throwing his hands about or kicking the ground nonsense of last season.

If he keeps on going like today, and he was probably the only player to get pass marks last weeks as well, then he could well better his tally from last season.

As far as I'm concerned he's our 1st choice striker at the moment and it's up to the other 3 to fight it out for the other place.

Agree with this. Didn't think Cummings done enough last season. Seems to have upped his work rate. Thought he was our best player last week and was good again today. Keep it up

Golden Bear
01-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Is that what we have reduced ourselves to?, whoring every player a move away from Easter Road at the first sign of any promise.

Deary me.

Or maybe just a factual description of the guy?

Dearie me.

lord bunberry
01-08-2015, 10:17 PM

Deary me.
We have to accept that we don't play in the biggest league in the world. We're not reducing ourselves in any way by hoping he gets a big move. Not for the first time I'm wishing your skintness extended to lack of broadband.

Hibs1992
01-08-2015, 10:18 PM

Is this sarcasm?

Cummings scored against Rangers at Ibrox and Easter Road last season. He also scored against Hearts at Tynie and Easter Road. He scored against Rangers last week.

MWHIBBIES
01-08-2015, 10:19 PM
5 against Rangers in 8 games, 2 against Hearts in 4 games, 2 in the relegation playoff at Hamilton, 1 vs Falkirk to secure second. Goals in both Scottish and League cup quarter finals last season.

Cummings record in big games is extremely good.

Stuarty27
01-08-2015, 10:19 PM
He is looking really sharp.

Fancy him to get 20 goals this season.

Pretty Boy
01-08-2015, 10:21 PM

Deary me.

I think having a team of players coveted by other clubs is something to aspire to not reduced circumstances.

It would be great to have a group of players so good they were being offered moves to clubs they couldn't turn down.

I love Hibs as much as anyone but I'm aware of where we, and Scottish football is at the moment, and ultimately good players want to play at the best level they possibly can. If we get to enjoy them on that journey and make a pretty penny into the bargain then all the better.

Badge
01-08-2015, 10:36 PM
Oh dear. Think before you post. His record in big games speaks for itself

Ringothedog
01-08-2015, 10:36 PM

Egg on face time, or talking peeesh. Take your pick.

greenlex
01-08-2015, 10:37 PM
I'm possibly his biggest critic but he was more mobile today and running channels more. Movement was much much better. Always looking for the ball. His touch was certainly better today and scored again. Keep it up laddie. Well make a player of you yet.

calumhibee1
01-08-2015, 10:51 PM
5 against Rangers in 8 games, 2 against Hearts in 4 games, 2 in the relegation playoff at Hamilton, 1 vs Falkirk to secure second. Goals in both Scottish and League cup quarter finals last season.

Cummings record in big games is extremely good.

I knew it was good but not that good, that's a phenomenal record in big games for a guy who has just turned 20 today. Also thought he looked like he's added to his game over the summer. :agree:

SkintHibby
01-08-2015, 10:51 PM
We have to accept that we don't play in the biggest league in the world. We're not reducing ourselves in any way by hoping he gets a big move. Not for the first time I'm wishing your skintness extended to lack of broadband.

Not sure your age but Hibs fans seem to have less aspirations with each passing year. Whilst it might not be reality, I will always look at Hibs being one of the biggest clubs in Scotland no matter how old I get.

matty_f
01-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Jason was excellent today, and led the line very well. He's going to be a very important player this season.

lord bunberry
01-08-2015, 10:59 PM
Not sure your age but Hibs fans seem to have less aspirations with each passing year. Whilst it might not be reality, I will always look at Hibs being one of the biggest clubs in Scotland no matter how old I get.
I'm hoping that Cummings would be heading down south to something bigger than the Scottish leagues. I agree that that it would be disappointing if he went to another Scottish cub as I also look at us as being one of the biggest teams in Scotland.

Onceinawhile
01-08-2015, 11:01 PM
To be fair to Steve20 with the exception. Of the derbies, the games vs rangers and the play offs, he hasn't turned up in the important games.

inglisavhibs
01-08-2015, 11:04 PM
You are guessing. if Keatings was so good why did hearts release him. They also released Cummings but that was when he was a boy and they would love him
back now. Hibs don't often get a 20 goal a season player coming up through the ranks so why don't you just appreciate him while we have him.

SkintHibby
01-08-2015, 11:14 PM
I'm hoping that Cummings would be heading down south to something bigger than the Scottish leagues. I agree that that it would be disappointing if he went to another Scottish cub as I also look at us as being one of the biggest teams in Scotland.

Not having a go at you but Hibs fans are the worst at devaluing ourselves and our club.

We need to wake up and realise only the OF and maybe Hearts have more fans!

WTF are we doing in this pathetic league?:confused:

wookie70
01-08-2015, 11:37 PM
Looks faster this year and keener to run in behind. I watched him closely today and his starting position was always in between two defenders leaving them with a decision to make. He was rarely well marked due to his movement and I am confident he will beat last season's goal tally. Jason will be a very valuable asset for us in the future.

Hibeesmad
02-08-2015, 12:20 AM
To be fair to Steve20 with the exception. Of the derbies, the games vs rangers and the play offs, he hasn't turned up in the important games.

He's scored 2 in 4 matches against Hearts, he's also scored 4 in 8 games against Rangers and he also scored 2 good goals in the play offs against Hamilton. Apart from that the only 'big game' we have really played is the Falkirk semi final in which he was poor. But he finished top Goalscorer last season and for someone who is only 20 years old, I think that saying he should perform more in the bigger games is a bit harsh. But it's all about opinions!

Purehibee_MYB
02-08-2015, 12:44 AM
He's scored 2 in 4 matches against Hearts, he's also scored 4 in 8 games against Rangers and he also scored 2 good goals in the play offs against Hamilton. Apart from that the only 'big game' we have really played is the Falkirk semi final in which he was poor. But he finished top Goalscorer last season and for someone who is only 20 years old, I think that saying he should perform more in the bigger games is a bit harsh. But it's all about opinions!

Made the same comments to a friend who didn't rate him. Your argument is hard to argue with.

Jack
02-08-2015, 09:19 AM
Jase scored 21 in 42 appearances last season and scored the same ratio against the teams directly above and below us at the top the league.

That's as even as you can possibly get, surely he should be scoring a higher proportion against those further down the league.

It also looks as he's done nothing to improve that ratio against smaller clubs this season having scored 1 in one game against sevco and 1 in one in every other competitive game.

I'm ragin' ;-)

I hope he had a good 20th birthday doo last night.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Said that Cummings still has to work on many aspects of his game, as he has said on many occasions. But said he does have the habit of scoring goals.

Also made a comment about the fact that Cummings is turning 20 so he might start growing up.

From my point of view he is trying to keep Jason's feet on the ground. He is obviously a very confident/cocky lad and I think Stubbs is reluctant to overly praise him.

All harmless.

Yup let the manager manage.

stantonhibby
02-08-2015, 09:26 AM

No matter how many times you say this on any number of threads its still complete guff.

FranckSuzy
02-08-2015, 09:32 AM

:faf:

O'Rourke3
02-08-2015, 09:40 AM
Jason really frustrates me. (Happy birthday BTW)

He a great scorer of goals, I simply wish he'd stop trying to be a scorer of great goals. He comes far too deep to look for the ball and seems to think he can ping them in from 25 to 30 yards. His finish yesterday was excellent. He knew what he wanted to do and made it happen. Inside the 18 yd box - that's where he needs to be greedy. On more than one occasion he saw himself scoring a Haan like 40 yarder to fail to see a pass or hang on too long to make it.

God what a player we'd have if he just played to his strengths.....

Johnny_Leith
02-08-2015, 10:39 AM
JC is an excellent player in the 18 yard box, outside it he is getting better but needs more work. A marked improvement in his physical standing it seems in the summer which is excellent.

His biggest attribute is scoring goals which is the hardest part of the game, if he can hone in the rest of his skills we've got ourselves a player.

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2015, 01:18 PM
My favourite Hibs player...yes be can be frustrating at times but he just loves scoring goals and will be a huge player for us this season imo

erin go bragh
02-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Fancy JC to hit 30 goals this season . Trying to think of our last striker that hit 30 goals in a season ( Baker boy )

GGTTH

Diclonius
02-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Jason misses quite a few but he gets into a number of goalscoring positions every game and is bound to put at least one away.

On top of this, his hold up play is improving every game. He'll be our main man up front this season.

high bee
02-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Can see why people feel he wastes a lot because he does have a lot of chances but he also had a very good return last year. If he took most his chances he would've been on 35+ last season and he'd be off plying his trade elsewhere. He will get better with age, have the feeling he could go on to have a great career.

BSEJVT
02-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Only Hibs supporters could criticise a 19 year old who scored more than 20 goals in a season.

Mind boggling.

Some people need to have a serious think about their expectation levels for our players

Dav1986
02-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Fancy JC to hit 30 goals this season . Trying to think of our last striker that hit 30 goals in a season ( Baker boy )

GGTTH

Leigh?

Unseen work
02-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Only Hibs supporters could criticise a 19 year old who scored more than 20 goals in a season.

Mind boggling.

Some people need to have a serious think about their expectation levels for our players

Thank god Im not the only one that thinks this, iv posted it on many occasions.

He is 19, had one full season and finished the top goal scorer in the league.

Name a striker who doesn't miss a chance, it's about how they react to missing the chance. Some would put there head down and not look for the next chance, not jc. He will try and try until he scores, that is the confidence you need to be a top striker.

Also so it's hardly like the chances he misses are sitters, he will miss the odd one from a tricky angle or where a pass would of been better. I'm sure if anyone had to bet on a hibs player to score you would chose Cummings because he always does.

We are in the Scottish championship, if he was to score every chance we wouldn't have him. If any other team had jc we would all be on here saying how much we wish we had a player like him.

Another big point with Cummings, he seems to always score in the big games.

portyhibernian
02-08-2015, 05:22 PM
I like Cummings, not as technically gifted as others but knows how to score goals. I'll take that all day.

Brightside
02-08-2015, 05:35 PM
If you are missing chances it means you are getting in the right position. There are £20m+ players who miss dozens of chances in games.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-08-2015, 05:42 PM
Leigh?

28 he finished on

emerald green
02-08-2015, 05:43 PM

These two posts are just so wrong it's unbelievable.

ancient hibee
02-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Alan Gordon?

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-08-2015, 05:47 PM

I thought AH was extracting the urine from steve20.

thebakerboy
02-08-2015, 05:54 PM

GGTTH

Possibly Gordon Orourke and Duncan all in same season. They scored 100 goals between them.

Dav1986
02-08-2015, 05:55 PM
28 he finished on

:aok: I knew he was close. Thought he had made it.

calamitus
02-08-2015, 05:56 PM

I took Antwerphibs one as a 'what have the Romans ever done for us' type of joke.

Re his missing chances -

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

emerald green
02-08-2015, 06:01 PM
I thought AH was extracting the urine from steve20.

I took Antwerphibs one as a 'what have the Romans ever done for us' type of joke.

Re his missing chances -

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

If that's the case, my apologies to AH. Thanks to both for pointing this out. I must be losing it!

Also, that's a great quote from Michael Jordan.

02-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Jason is a good player, still got some developing and maturing to do but if he gets his head down, works hard and keeps learning then I see him having a very bright future. I know someone from inside hibs who has mentioned though that Jason does get a bit cocky and has been known to brag about going down to an English club in the future.

We have seen before what can happen to young players once they start getting overly cocky. Hopefully Stubbs is able to keep his feet on the ground.

Brooster
02-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Thank god Im not the only one that thinks this, iv posted it on many occasions.

He is 19, had one full season and finished the top goal scorer in the league.

Name a striker who doesn't miss a chance, it's about how they react to missing the chance. Some would put there head down and not look for the next chance, not jc. He will try and try until he scores, that is the confidence you need to be a top striker.

Also so it's hardly like the chances he misses are sitters, he will miss the odd one from a tricky angle or where a pass would of been better. I'm sure if anyone had to bet on a hibs player to score you would chose Cummings because he always does.

We are in the Scottish championship, if he was to score every chance we wouldn't have him. If any other team had jc we would all be on here saying how much we wish we had a player like him.

Another big point with Cummings, he seems to always score in the big games.

Spot on. My thoughts exactly. Young player with a great scoring record and folk are having a pop, time to get real. JC is a class act.

bill the hibby
02-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Cummings is a good player who appears to be getting better, his goal scoring for his age is incredible, would be ludicrous to get rid

Big L
02-08-2015, 07:53 PM
His goals to scoring opportunties is low, about 1 in 5 but I have never seen a hibs striker make so many chances for himself, he is brilliant at making space for himself in the box and I do believe he could go close to 30 this season.

blackpoolhibs
02-08-2015, 07:54 PM
His goals to scoring opportunties is low, about 1 in 5 but I have never seen a hibs striker make so many chances for himself, he is brilliant at making space for himself in the box and I do believe he could go close to 30 this season.

Where did you get that statistic?

Smartie
02-08-2015, 08:53 PM
I've been a bit lukewarm about him in the past. He's seemed a bit raw, all-round play a bit iffy, prone to missing the odd chance but getting in enough positions to score a few.

I've been really impressed with him in our first two games this season. He looks stronger, his touch was immaculate at times yesterday and he did a cracking job of holding the ball up too.

For me he's our number one striker now. Malonga and Farid offer something different but if we play one up then it's Cummings, otherwise I like the idea of him playing up there with Keatings (who I know nothing about but he's scored a lot the last couple of seasons).

Boyle and Carmichael wide, Allan pulling the strings in the middle and we've got a potentially very potent strike force.

Took his goal very well yesterday too.

The brightest spot of our first 2 games has been Cummings.

greenlex
02-08-2015, 09:00 PM
It's his hold up play and first touch that was abysmal. It was much better yesterday. Keep it up Jason.

TRC
02-08-2015, 11:47 PM

Re his missing chances -

Michael Jordan

Excellent quote i like this to

'You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.'

Wayne Gretzky

Baader
03-08-2015, 12:18 AM
Only stat that matters for a striker is goals scored.

James Collins anyone?

SunshineOnLeith
03-08-2015, 12:47 AM

He made it up. Amazes me the lengths to which Hibs fans will go to slag off our twenty (just!) year old goal machine.

Dashing Bob S
03-08-2015, 02:46 AM

From me. I'm 78.24% sure of it.

whiskyhibby
03-08-2015, 06:09 AM
He is still learning, I'd be happier that he tries things in a game we are sure to win (ie Montrose) than when it matters..............

JimBHibees
03-08-2015, 06:35 AM

Mind boggling.

Agree entirely cracking player with that bit of confidence you need. A bit more support for the boy would be good.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-08-2015, 06:57 AM
Great striker end of

ancient hibee
03-08-2015, 03:43 PM
From me. I'm 78.24% sure of it.

95% of statistics are rubbish.

Onceinawhile
03-08-2015, 03:45 PM

I thought the fact that I named every big game we played in sort of gave away the sarcasm, but obviously not, glad a few got it.

Note to self, add smilies next time!

Eyrie
03-08-2015, 06:24 PM
95% of statistics are rubbish.

And the other 37% are just made up on the spot.

emerald green
03-08-2015, 07:49 PM
I thought the fact that I named every big game we played in sort of gave away the sarcasm, but obviously not, glad a few got it.

Note to self, add smilies next time!

Did you see my post #56?

Onceinawhile
03-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Did you see my post #56?

Did indeed. It's more a note to self to be clearer.

emerald green
03-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Did indeed. It's more a note to self to be clearer.

OK no probs. :aok: