PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

01-08-2015, 06:28 PM
Oxley - hard to give him a rating as he had nothing at all to do, never at all threatened
Gray 7 - quiet game from him but did nothing wrong
Stevenson 5 - not a great game from him today, many bad passes
Fontaine 8 - solid as always, never under threat. A good threat in the air but needs to hit the target more
Hanlon 5 - see Stevenson
Bartley 7 - good first impression, solid
Martin 7 - looks a decent wee player
Fyvie 7 - good game
Harris 4 - poor today
Stanton 7 - lots of development needed but defo a player in there
Cummings 8 - got himself about and caused problems for them

Allan 8 - very creative, brought a lot more urgency to the game. needs to be starting again

ancient hibee
01-08-2015, 06:52 PM
7 for Bartley,6 for Cummings 5 for the rest.

3pm
01-08-2015, 06:54 PM
7 for Bartley,6 for Cummings 5 for the rest.

Fyvie was decent as well.

matty_f
01-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Can't believe Harris got a 4, I thought he did very well today.

01-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Can't believe Harris got a 4, I thought he did very well today.

Made a few decent runs but he does have much end product at all. Very lightweight and if we had a fully fit squad he would be nowhere near it.

whiskyhibby
01-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Thought Harris did very well today, more a 6 or 7 I would have said, set up the first goal and a few other really good chances

Diclonius
01-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Harris did well, Bartley was solid, Cummings had some great hold up play and Allan showed why we must retain him for this season at least. Everyone else done their job. Good performance.

calumhibee1
01-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Imo Harris has to go. I don't believe for a second there isn't an under 20 who can come in and at the very worst offer as little as he does. Sorry to say it but he's a waste of a jersey.

Franck Stanton
01-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Oxley - Had NOTHING to do - could have sat reading a paper for all he was called on to do
Grey - 5 - Quiet game by his standards
Hanlon - 6 - Had game by the scruff of the neck, even went rampaging forward in last 15 min
Fonts - 6 - as Hanlon
Stevenson -5 - Too many unforced errors, gave the ball away very cheaply on too many occassions
Harris - 6 - worked hard, made few good runs, still a bit timid though
Bartley - 8 - Looked good, strong in the tackle, however must temper the fact it was against poor opposition, still he could only play who/what was put in front of him
Fyvie - 8 - Really like Frazer, always willing to take the ball and usually does something with it. Almost my motm Bartley just pips him
Stanton - 6 - Competant but unspectacular -- these are the games he should be making a statement in making it hard for AS to drop him. Falling short imo
Cummings - Tried hard all game, scored a good goal, "lone Striker Role" doesn't suit his game however, {Stubbs please take note]
Martin - 7 - Very impressed by him, hard to remember he is only 17. Has a BIG future in the game, took his goal very well.

Subs -

Scot Allan - 7 - Even if he was only on the pitch for the last 25[ish] min , he lit the game up, scored a good goal, made more chances than the previous hour. Dread to think what we would be like without him - re-inforces the need to keep him.
Shaw - 5 - not on long enough to really show us what he could do

GreenCastle
01-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Oxley...we could have had an outfield player in goals and it wouldn't have many any difference.

Cummings looked sharp :agree: 2 goals in 2 games :aok:

Franck Stanton
01-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Imo Harris has to go. I don't believe for a second there isn't an under 20 who can come in and at the very worst offer as little as he does. Sorry to say it but he's a waste of a jersey.

Bit harsh there mate, just my opinion likes. :wink:

calumhibee1
01-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Bit harsh there mate, just my opinion likes. :wink:

I've wanted him to do well but it's been over 2 years now since he done anything of note, and even then he only done it for a 2 month spell

Jonnyboy
01-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Thought Boozy did well enough and in terms of end product, it was his clever pass that Scott Martin scored from

MWHIBBIES
01-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Thought Boozy did well enough and in terms of end product, it was his clever pass that Scott Martin scored fromAlso won the ball back to start the move. Waste of a jersey indeed.

01-08-2015, 08:27 PM
I've wanted him to do well but it's been over 2 years now since he done anything of note, and even then he only done it for a 2 month spell

I agree, he has moments here and there but sadly they are few and far between. Not good enough IMO.

Jonnyboy
01-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Also won the ball back to start the move. Waste of a jersey indeed.

:agree:

CockneyRebel
01-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Oxley - Had NOTHING to do - could have sat reading a paper for all he was called on to do
Grey - 5 - Quiet game by his standards
Hanlon - 6 - Had game by the scruff of the neck, even went rampaging forward in last 15 min
Fonts - 6 - as Hanlon
Stevenson -5 - Too many unforced errors, gave the ball away very cheaply on too many occassions
Harris - 6 - worked hard, made few good runs, still a bit timid though
Bartley - 8 - Looked good, strong in the tackle, however must temper the fact it was against poor opposition, still he could only play who/what was put in front of him
Fyvie - 8 - Really like Frazer, always willing to take the ball and usually does something with it. Almost my motm Bartley just pips him
Stanton - 6 - Competant but unspectacular -- these are the games he should be making a statement in making it hard for AS to drop him. Falling short imo
Cummings - Tried hard all game, scored a good goal, "lone Striker Role" doesn't suit his game however, {Stubbs please take note]
Martin - 7 - Very impressed by him, hard to remember he is only 17. Has a BIG future in the game, took his goal very well.

Subs -

Scot Allan - 7 - Even if he was only on the pitch for the last 25[ish] min , he lit the game up, scored a good goal, made more chances than the previous hour. Dread to think what we would be like without him - re-inforces the need to keep him.
Shaw - 5 - not on long enough to really show us what he could do

I thought Hanlon and Stevenson were both very poor today. Hanlon's distribution and awareness was lacking and Stevenson's crossing was reckless.

Pretty Boy
01-08-2015, 08:59 PM
My tuppence worth on the Harris debate.

Can't fault his effort, certainly wouldn't say he was timid today either and as said above he played a part in the goal.

However he does seem to lack the confidence to just go himself sometimes. There were 2 separate occasions in the 2nd half when had he shown a bit belief he could have got shots away from good positions and both times he lost the ball through trying to pass the ball. A few times he had a chance to just run at a defender (he has the pace to cause them problems) but he was looking to cut inside and offload the ball. Obviously we don't want a one trick pony who's a bit of a headless chicken but sometime I just want to give him a shake and tell him to show a bit arrogance and have a go.

It's a huge season for him, make or break really, and with the way Stubbs likes to play and Allan, Carmichael, McGinn and Boyle to come in he really has to grab opportunities to shine like today with both hands and I don't think he did that.

For others: in the last 2 game Cummings looks like he has taken a big step forward. He played a difficult role well today, scored a great goal, his touch looks better and he looks noticeably stronger. Scott Martin was quietly impressive and looks noticeably bulkier than a few of the other youngs lads, including Stanton and Harris. Bartley looks a find. Defence and goalkeeper were pretty much untested, although both Gray and Stevenson tried to get forward. Stanton was ok but is a squad player imo. Fyvie keeps things ticking over.

It's hard to judge many on today as we played a side with the sole intention of keeping the score down. At 2-0 down their keeper was time wasting and they still had 11 men behind the ball. It was a boring game but the opposition made it so. The big test of were we are is next week.

B.H.F.C
01-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Never out of 1st gear until Allan came on.

3 decent goals we scored.

Bartley will give us a but steel.

Lewis Stevenson was absolutely terrible on the ball and continually gave it away.

Not a lot else of note as it felt like a pre season game. Stanton and Harris floated in and out the game, Stanton was slightly better IMO. Neither did enough to suggest they'll be a big part of the team this year considering we were playing against absolutely nothing today.

theonlywayisup
01-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Thought Hamlon was our poorest player. Closely followed by Stevenson and Gray.

Thought Harris and Stanton, the poor pass ignored, did ok. Was impressed with Cummings, Bartley and Martin in that order.

Hibs1992
01-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Oxley 6 - Cigar and slippers. Distribution was fine.
Gray 6 - Got forward quite well 1st half and played some nice balls into Cummings feet. Few dodgy moments. Still not back to best.
Hanlon 5 - No troubles defensively but lack of concentration earned him a yellow card and some poor passes.
Fontaine 7 - Stroll for the big man. Nice assist for Cummings goal. Should do better with headed efforts at corners.
Stevenson 4 - Really poor. Constantly gave ball away and never seems to show composure in final 3rd. After playing well for much of last season he really seems to have regressed again. Problem position for us.
Harris 5 - Showed flashes of what he can do. Has great pace and found himself in good positions but lacks confidence to do what he needs to. Good assist for the 1st goal.
Fyvie 6 - He is a good footballer and had plenty of nice touches, but expected him to take control of the game a bit more against such poor opposition.
Martin 7 - Started game brightly as he did last week. Took goal really well, will do him world of good. Dipped out of it a bit, but really impressed with what I have seen from the youngster.
Bartley 8 - His performance was everything that I hoped it would be. Got stuck in and some great tackles. Strong on the ball. Showed good speed to get back and win possession a few times. Looked useful on the ball too. Was only playing Montrose but he seems like what we need.
Stanton 6 - Like Martin he started very brightly and then faded out. Came back into it 2nd half and had some positive runs and shots on goal. May need to go out on loan when we are full strength, but I still think he has a future at the club.
Cummings 7 - Some carelessness in possession as usual, but thought he was much sharper than he often is. Took his goal superbly and deserved it. 2 in 2 so starting this season the same way he finished last - scoring goals!

Allan 8 - Annoys me a bit to say it but we were a different side when he came on. Lit up the stadium and looked a class above the rest. Such good balanced and change of speed. Took his goal well and had several great cutting passes. If he stays, will play a big part.
Sinclair & Shaw 5 - Both came on late and had little involvement. Great experience for the young lads.

01-08-2015, 10:09 PM
It's a huge season for him, make or break really, and with the way Stubbs likes to play and Allan, Carmichael, McGinn and Boyle to come in he really has to grab opportunities to shine like today with both hands and I don't think he did that.

I said exactly the same thing to my pal at the game today. Players like Harris are in the team because of our injury problem. This is his chance to show what he can do and state a claim for himself. Harris is not a bad player but hes still not god enough for this team IMO.

Hibeesmad
02-08-2015, 02:59 AM
Agree with everyone regarding Stevenson, very poor today, hopefully he picks himself up a bit because I have no doubt Stubbs wont be afraid to find a replacement if he doesn't.

As for Stanton and Harris, I like the pair of them and wish we could keep them and improve them but once everyone is fit they won't get a look in, so I think we should either give them another loan or look to move them on and free up some wages

Ozyhibby
02-08-2015, 08:50 AM
I thought Stanton and Harris both did ok yesterday and that's the problem. They both had their best games in a while and 'ok' is about the best description I have for them. They are just not good enough.