PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Old

DaveF
01-08-2015, 05:33 PM
For the first time watching Hibs, today I actually felt old. Sitting there watching kids like Harris, Stanton, Cummings and Martin is one thing, but then we bring on Shaw who looked the same age as my son - that did it for me.

Great to see these young kids play 1st team football but for me - Time for the pipe and slippers.

Franck Stanton
01-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Just wait till you are my age, I have a grand daughter that is older than half our team. :wink:

{I know on my avatar it says I am 55 [if only], I am 62 and feeling every year of it when I climb the stairs to the FF upper]

SouthMoroccoStu
01-08-2015, 05:38 PM
For the first time watching Hibs, today I actually felt old. Sitting there watching kids like Harris, Stanton, Cummings and Martin is one thing, but then we bring on Shaw who looked the same age as my son - that did it for me.

Great to see these young kids play 1st team football but for me - Time for the pipe and slippers.

Thank you!!!

I felt the same last year when I discovered that Scott Robertson, the oldest player in the squad, was a year younger than me!

Sadly I think that the chances of me playing for the hibees has past

Jay
01-08-2015, 05:38 PM

Dave, Jason's ages with my oldest :(

MSK
01-08-2015, 05:39 PM

Great to see these young kids play 1st team football but for me - Time for the pipe and slippers.I feel yer pain mate, we have a family section, think we should enquire about a grumpy auld ******* section, you can play the drum 😃

Franck Stanton
01-08-2015, 05:43 PM
I feel yer pain mate, we have a family section, think we should enquire about a grumpy auld ******* section, you can play the drum 

We already do have one, it's called The West Stand" [only joking folks] :greengrin

hibee_girl
01-08-2015, 05:43 PM
I felt old when I found out I'm 3 years older than David Gray!

SuperAllyMcleod
01-08-2015, 06:02 PM
For me it was when I hit 35 and then realised I'd never play for Hibs (just as well - I wasn't that good).

Now the manager is years younger than me, never mind the players - time just seems to fly by.

oneone73
01-08-2015, 06:22 PM
For me it was when I hit 35 and then realised I'd never play for Hibs (just as well - I wasn't that good).

Now the manager is years younger than me, never mind the players - time just seems to fly by.

The first time I really felt old was when I was watching a player and thought:God, I used to watch his dad (Joe McBride jnr & snr)

ancient hibee
01-08-2015, 06:26 PM
We already do have one, it's called The West Stand" [only joking folks] :greengrin

No you're not-I sit there.

ACLeith
01-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Including the subs that didn't get on, I reckon there were 7 still in their teens. So about 3 and a half of them equals me :rolleyes:

Lago
01-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Just wait till you are my age, I have a grand daughter that is older than half our team. :wink:

{I know on my avatar it says I am 55 [if only], I am 62 and feeling every year of it when I climb the stairs to the FF upper]
Wish I was 62 again:agree:

SquashedFrogg
01-08-2015, 06:57 PM
I remember knowing I was the sage age as David Beckham and Tiger Woods. I thought of myself as their peer.

Then reality kicks in 20 years later :agree:

Gatecrasher
01-08-2015, 06:58 PM
How many players under 21 in the squad today? Must have been about 6 or 7 with about 5 of them getting a game. Good to see.

ACLeith
01-08-2015, 07:06 PM
How many players under 21 in the squad today? Must have been about 6 or 7 with about 5 of them getting a game. Good to see.

7 teenagers

calumhibee1
01-08-2015, 07:09 PM
In 2 or 3 years we'll be seeing players making there debut that are born in 2000 onwards!!

Onceinawhile
01-08-2015, 08:17 PM
I remember going away to Celtic Park under JC and hearing the team and I think 8 or so were younger than me. Kind of figures my chance of a career was over at that point.

Hibby D
01-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Jordan Sinclair is my youngest son's best mate's wee brother - even makes my son feel old :greengrin