PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan today

GreenArmyyy!
01-08-2015, 12:51 PM
Quick post but just want to say as much as I have been annoyed by the recent goings on. Scott Allan is still a Hibs player and I plead that if he plays today don't boo him. He may have done wrong but he will give 100% and may be here for the whole season. Easter Road has started to become a fairly fun place to go again. Let's not go back to the poisonous days where players prefer to play away.

Del Boy
01-08-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm starting to think it would be better to play him today and hopefully get any negative reaction out the way in a game that we should win comfortably.

To be honest if he plays and plays well most fans will be positive I think.

tamig
01-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Quick post but just want to say as much as I have been annoyed by the recent goings on. Scott Allan is still a Hibs player and I plead that if he plays today don't boo him. He may have done wrong but he will give 100% and may be here for the whole season. Easter Road has started to become a fairly fun place to go again. Let's not go back to the poisonous days where players prefer to play away.

I wouldn't expect any booing in any case. Really don't see the point of threads like this tbh.

AlbertK86
01-08-2015, 12:57 PM

100 % spot on

Let's back him as we did Scotty brown years ago

Frank Moon
01-08-2015, 01:05 PM
We don't want a Caldwell situation because he had a nightmare that day because of the booing.

The Leith Dutch
01-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Best thing that could happen today is Allan starting on the bench and us scoring a barrel load of goals with our other midfielders stepping up to the plate.
Then bring him on for the last 10 - 15 minutes and we'll see how he responds. If he's going to be of any use to us this season I'd look for him to be trying to prove he can do something.

GreenArmyyy!
01-08-2015, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't expect any booing in any case. Really don't see the point of threads like this tbh.

First of all why don't you expect any booing? Secondly, what is wrong with a thread encouraging a positive atmosphere in the stadium?

CropleyWasGod
01-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Iirc, the booing started when he sold the first goal. Wasn't the other way round.

Ozyhibby
01-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Iirc, the booing started when he sold the first goal. Wasn't the other way round.

Correct

Billy Whizz
01-08-2015, 01:14 PM
He's on the bench

liamh2202
01-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Correct

He was gwting stick before he sold the goal. I remember feeling uneasey that day. Although it could have been a minority around me but can definately remember it. Either way booing our own player gets us nowhere

Keith_M
01-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Decent response from Allan so far.

c31
01-08-2015, 04:17 PM
He stuck out like a sore thumb when he came on, head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

I'm_cabbaged
01-08-2015, 04:19 PM
Was good when he came on, Hun bass 😀

Septimus
01-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Hibs looked very poor until he came on. There appears to no sense of urgency in the team without him.

Bishop Hibee
01-08-2015, 04:21 PM
He stuck out like a sore thumb when he came on, head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

Agree although Montrose were dire. Hopefully his cameo has pushed his value well beyond The Rangers transfer fund.

GreenLake
01-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Good attitude. Pleased for him.

Springbank
01-08-2015, 04:24 PM

He's a class act, with a duff agent.

Agents can be changed, but class is permanent

CB_NO3
01-08-2015, 04:33 PM
If Allan plays like that all season he could be looking at 8-10k a week in the English championship, which is much better than the 5k a week in the fish bowl that is Glasgow.

SetonClapper
01-08-2015, 04:37 PM
There's no doubt that we're a far better team with him in it.

Unseen work
01-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Got to admit I don't see the point in having him as a sub, if we're going to bring him on as a sub every time just start him. He's the best player in the team as seems to still be playing well regardless of what's happened. I think today might of been more a chance to let fringe players get some game time however.

Weststandwanab
01-08-2015, 05:14 PM
He's a class act, with a duff agent.

Agents can be changed, but class is permanent

Hit the nail on the head there.

His class is obvious and very good.

FromTheCapital
01-08-2015, 05:30 PM
As long as he is giving 100% and working hard for the supporters, the staff and his team mates then he will have my full backing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
01-08-2015, 05:30 PM
From where I was sitting in the West he seemed to get a mixed reception from the East, have to say more cheers than jeers but they were very audible. Continued to his first touch but they were soon drowned out. Seemed to stop after that. Have to say the game was far more enjoyable to watch with him on the pitch than off it.

lucky
01-08-2015, 05:45 PM
He is by far the best at Hibs and in this league. He got a good reception from 90% of the fans but what do people think they are going to achieve by booing him?

InchHibby
01-08-2015, 05:45 PM

Well said, couldn't agree more, I personally think when he came on he made a dull game more attractive.

01-08-2015, 05:46 PM
I have been far from impressed by his actions in the last week but today he was pulling on the hibs strip to play for hibs so he had my backing. A generally good response from the hibs fans, one or two boos but mostly positive support.

Eyrie
01-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Didn't notice any reaction to his name when the subs were read out, but he was applauded when warming up in the first half and before he came on.

Allan even gave the East a brief clap when we applauded him coming over to take a corner.

scooby
01-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Not impressed with the circus created by his actions, but we were absolutely rank without him today.
For me he completely transformed the game.
We should definitely be playing him

Bayern Bru
01-08-2015, 06:14 PM
We were far, far better when he came on, which neatly sums up why we can't and won't sell him to our biggest rivals.

His goal was sublime, his passing was top drawer and we had more urgency and drive about him.

Stubbs wouldn't be including him in the team at all if his head had gone and I reckon he could probably start next week.

erin go bragh
01-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Didn't notice any reaction to his name when the subs were read out, but he was applauded when warming up in the first half and before he came on.

Allan even gave the East a brief clap when we applauded him coming over to take a corner.
I'm in the FF lower . Heard a fluck off ya hun barsteward from the East as he walked to take the said corner .
We looked a different side when he came on .

GGTTH

Mikey09
01-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Not impressed with the circus created by his actions, but we were absolutely rank without him today.
For me he completely transformed the game.
We should definitely be playing him

Aye ok... :rolleyes:

Scotchmist
01-08-2015, 06:20 PM
I thought the reception he got today was really positive, which showed good support for Stubbsy and Leeann too. Scott Allan's response was 100% positive. Wouldn't be surprised if Stubbs told him to go out and do exactly what he did.

Heisenberg
01-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Aye ok... :rolleyes:

He's has a point to an extent. Rank is a bit harsh but we lacked urgency and a drive going forward at times. Allan provided that when he came on and lifted the whole team.

Argylehibby
01-08-2015, 06:21 PM

Have to say it's probably the first time I've disagreed with you Crops but my recollection was the booing caused the distraction that led to the first goal.

Hibs Class
01-08-2015, 06:27 PM
From where I was sitting in the West he seemed to get a mixed reception from the East, have to say more cheers than jeers but they were very audible. Continued to his first touch but they were soon drowned out. Seemed to stop after that. Have to say the game was far more enjoyable to watch with him on the pitch than off it.

I agree. A few boos from the east (including a little man in the row behind me who boo-ed and called him a Hun prick and seemed genuinely gutted when he scored!) Generally got a decent reaction though, and showed how good he is. We are definitely better with him, and I hope he stays for the season.

Hibernia&Alba
01-08-2015, 06:30 PM
It's a dilemma. He's our best player, yet he doesn't want to be here. Do we reward his behaviour or hurt ourselves by leaving him out? In the recent poll I voted not to play him again, but if his attitude is right and squad morale isn't damaged, it seems stupid to leave him out. We need him.

tamig
01-08-2015, 06:35 PM
It's a dilemma. He's our best player, yet he doesn't want to be here. Do we reward his behaviour or hurt ourselves by leaving him out? In the recent poll I voted not to play him again, but if his attitude is right and squad morale isn't damaged, it seems stupid to leave him out. We need him.

Well his attitude looked spot on to me when he came on and morale within the team looked good too. Where's the dilema?

Mikey09
01-08-2015, 06:35 PM
He's has a point to an extent. Rank is a bit harsh but we lacked urgency and a drive going forward at times. Allan provided that when he came on and lifted the whole team.

That was my point. Why is it with some folk players are either world class or rank?! We were far from rank before Scott came on. I agree the tempo could have been better but to call us rank is... Well... Rank!! :greengrin

Pretty Boy
01-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Didn't boo him nor did I join in the several applauses for him.

If he continues to play like he did today when he came on then I'll be happy for him to stay in the side, he injected some much needed urgency and creativity.

Hibs Class
01-08-2015, 06:39 PM

:agree: He is our best player. If he continues to perform then we have to play him. And every genuine supporter will back him as they should back anyone wearing the jersey. Anyone who boos him should take a look at themselves because doing so will damage us rather than making us stronger.

tamig
01-08-2015, 06:40 PM

If he continues to play like he did today when he came on then I'll be happy for him to stay in the side, he injected some much needed urgency and creativity.

Will you applaud him again at some point?

greenlex
01-08-2015, 06:40 PM

Me too PB. Can't fault his commiment today but you have to wonder what it will be like against The Rangrs tho. I know he's professional but you can't help but think it won't be 100% against his future employers.

DaveF
01-08-2015, 06:43 PM

Maybe PB meant the outbreak of applause which happened a few times not long after he came when he did nothing to merit it. I didn't join in with them.

Spike Mandela
01-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Just enjoy his play while he's here. it's a long time since we had a quality creative midfielder and might not have another for a long time.

JJP
01-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Maybe PB meant the outbreak of applause which happened a few times not long after he came when he did nothing to merit it. I didn't join in with them.

I think that was people trying to drown out those who were booing. I know that's the reason I applauded.

ancient hibee
Me too PB. Can't fault his commiment today but you have to wonder what it will be like against The Rangrs tho. I know he's professional but you can't help but think it won't be 100% against his future employers.

I have to say I think that's rubbish.Don't you think he's aware that every man and his dog is waiting to say he's not trying.He'll try his hardest-he wants to impress.

Pretty Boy

If his performances merit it then yes.

Applauding him today when he came out to warm up or after his 1st touch (although I accept that was to drown out the few boos) in the same week he handed in a transfer request to try and force a move to Rangers was completely out of the question for me.

ALF TUPPER
01-08-2015, 06:50 PM
I heard booing from guys near me in East. Was more fun booing at the pantomime villain kinda booing than anything nasty I thought.
In fact the guys behind me boo-ed everything..... Themselves, the seagulls and one of the Stewards got particular attention. :faf:

S A is a class act. 100% from him this season , then he can go wherever he wants - for big bucks. Hope it works out for us and him and, he gets rid of his daft agent.

erin go bragh
01-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Just enjoy his play while he's here. it's a long time since we had a quality creative midfielder and might not have another for a long time.

I'd say McGinn might be the next one . Time will tell .

GGTTH

greenlex
01-08-2015, 06:55 PM
I have to say I think that's rubbish.Don't you think he's aware that every man and his dog is waiting to say he's not trying.He'll try his hardest-he wants to impress.

You think? How do you know what will be in his head? Do you really think he'll try even harder against them? Seriously?

brog
01-08-2015, 06:57 PM
I think today was the breakpoint & again I think AS played it correctly. SA was in the squad, came on very publicly, no sneaking him on at h/t, & he scored. That really should be it over now. I very much doubt Sevco will want another humiliation by adding another tenner to a 3rd bid, so although the media garbage may continue for a while this story is dead. Now we all need to support our team & SA while he's in the team & giving his all.
Oh, & he's now cup tied for a 2nd time, one more to go!!

tamig
01-08-2015, 06:57 PM

Applauding him today when he came out to warm up or after his 1st touch (although I accept that was to drown out the few boos) in the same week he handed in a transfer request to try and force a move to Rangers was completely out of the question for me.

Fair dos bud. I do feel a tad sorry for the boy because I'm sure his agent has hung him out to dry. He handled the situation well today imo. Still a few twists and turns ahead though possibly.

Sir David Gray
01-08-2015, 07:08 PM

Personally, I would gladly applaud him again if he withdraws his transfer request and makes it clear that he's fully focussed on playing for Hibs for the next 12 months.

I don't think that's asking much.

I don't agree with booing any Hibs player regardless of the circumstances but I thought the applause for him today was unnecessary.

Diclonius
01-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Applauded his every touch. Despite his behaviour he is by far our best player and I do not want to let R*****s win their game. We should show him why he should withdraw the transfer request.

calumhibee1
01-08-2015, 07:13 PM
If he's going to be getting stripped he should be getting a start. Best player in the league by an absolute mile

greenlex
01-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Personally, I would gladly applaud him again if he withdraws his transfer request and makes it clear that he's fully focussed on playing for Hibs for the next 12 months.

I don't think that's asking much.

I don't agree with booing any Hibs player regardless of the circumstances but I thought the applause for him today was unnecessary.
This is exactly where I am. Withdrawing the request and perform as he has and that'll do for me. I would never boo a Hibs player but I wont be love bombing him till he publicly commits to the cause. it certainly isn't too much to ask. He could repair a lot of bridges by doing that.

jdships
01-08-2015, 07:18 PM

:thumbsup::agree:

jdships
01-08-2015, 07:24 PM
If he's going to be getting stripped he should be getting a start. Best player in the league by an absolute mile

Agree totally !!
However I would guess that AS strategy for the first two weeks is , given injuries/fitness levels , that these teams are based on availability and have not been the team we will see in three or four weeks time.
Allan will be a "start" in those circumstances
:flag:

Arch Stanton
01-08-2015, 07:29 PM

What utter nonsense - not many players are lucky enough to have dream careers with their dream club, which has to be up there with scoring the winning goal in the World Cup final as many a boy's wish.

That doesn't prevent players having dream careers with other clubs surely?

Cabbage7062
01-08-2015, 07:33 PM
Think we have got a great chance of winning the league if he stays with us. He has hit the ground running this year - something he didn't do last. Really drives the team forward with a sense of purpose and urgency when he is on his game. Great player and I'm happy I got to enjoy him last season and fingers crossed he is our player for the rest of this campaign.

Phil MaGlass
01-08-2015, 07:40 PM
What utter nonsense - not many players are lucky enough to have dream careers with their dream club, which has to be up there with scoring the winning goal in the World Cup final as many a boy's wish.

My tuppence worth I think he will not sign a pre with der hun, he will be picjed up by a biggerclub before end of season, he would be stupid for him to go to them.

Jonnyboy
01-08-2015, 08:01 PM

Far more clapping thanm booing around where I sit. I confess I was amused/bemused when I looked along my row to see a guy clapping and booing at the same time!

Hibernia&Alba
01-08-2015, 08:42 PM

Utter nonsense in what respect? Is he our best player, and does he want to leave to join Rangers? Handing in a transfer request is pretty strong evidence that Allan doesn't see his dream career at Hibs.

tamig
01-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Utter nonsense in what respect? Is he our best player, and does he want to leave to join Rangers? Handing in a transfer request is pretty strong evidence that Allan doesn't see his dream career at Hibs.

Did Scott Brown not do the same then knuckled down and ended up winning a cup?

Hibernia&Alba
01-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Did Scott Brown not do the same then knuckled down and ended up winning a cup?

He did, and like I said, if Allan's attitude remains good, and if the situation doesn't cause disharmony, then there's no doubt the team is better for his inclusion. But such circumstances as want away players are always going to be problematic.

jacomo
01-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Far more clapping thanm booing around where I sit. I confess I was amused/bemused when I looked along my row to see a guy clapping and booing at the same time!

Quality! Covering both bases there.

Sounds like SA is just a good 90 minutes away from being one of the team again.

tamig
01-08-2015, 09:09 PM
He did, and like I said, if Allan's attitude remains good, and if the situation doesn't cause disharmony, then there's no doubt the team is better for his inclusion. But such circumstances as want away players are always going to be problematic.

The team looked very much together when Allan came on today from what I saw. I reckon Stubbs is managing him and the situation superbly.

B.H.F.C
01-08-2015, 09:12 PM

That's where I am. Didn't see any value in booing him but I certainly was t going to applaud and cheer either.

It's clear he won't be going to Rangers. No chance. Be interesting to see what we do with him 3 weeks tomorrow when we go to Ibrox. That's the real test of how committed he's still going to be IMO.

PercyHibs
01-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Hopefully allans performance and reaction from the fans puts the whole saga to bed. The one thing that struck me when I was watching Allan today was when he's moving club, he can do a lot better than Rangers. Would be a terrible career move.

Badge
01-08-2015, 10:45 PM

Corrrect

Big L
02-08-2015, 08:20 AM
He would have improved sevco immeasurablyy, thank f--- LD and AS stood firm!!

Arch Stanton
02-08-2015, 08:30 AM

For pity's sake, he hasn't done a van Hooijdonk, so stop making out like he has!

Hibernia&Alba
02-08-2015, 08:39 AM
For pity's sake, he hasn't done a van Hooijdonk, so stop making out like he has!

But I'm not implying any such thing. I'm merely saying that the present situation needs delicate handling and creates a dilemma as to what to do for the best. Will he play against The Rangers? What if he were to sign a pre-contract with FC Bigotry in January?

Northernhibee
02-08-2015, 08:51 AM
If he continues to play like he did yesterday and withdraws his transfer request then I have a feeling I'm going to feel a bit silly. Fair enough to him.

Hibernia&Alba
02-08-2015, 08:55 AM
If he continues to play like he did yesterday and withdraws his transfer request then I have a feeling I'm going to feel a bit silly. Fair enough to him.

Can't see him doing a Rooney, NH. I think he'll be at Rangers next season come what may.

matty_f
02-08-2015, 08:59 AM

I don't think he needs to withdraw the request, Hibs declined it so that's that, IMHO. There's nothing to withdraw now.

Sir David Gray
02-08-2015, 11:56 AM
I don't think he needs to withdraw the request, Hibs declined it so that's that, IMHO. There's nothing to withdraw now.

I think he does.

I think it's obvious that he won't actually be leaving the club this season but he's still made it clear that he wants away by handing in the transfer request. For him to get back onside with the fans, it would be good if that was formally withdrawn and he makes it clear that he's committed to Hibs this season and will be doing his best to get us promoted.

Until he does that, you have to assume that he still wishes to leave, even if that won't be allowed by the club

greenlex
02-08-2015, 12:22 PM
I think he does.

I think it's obvious that he won't actually be leaving the club this season but he's still made it clear that he wants away by handing in the transfer request. For him to get back onside with the fans, it would be good if that was formally withdrawn and he makes it clear that he's committed to Hibs this season and will be doing his best to get us promoted.

Until he does that, you have to assume that he still wishes to leave, even if that won't be allowed by the club
Nail on head. As long as it's not withdrawn there is still that doubt about his 100% commitment.

Jim44
02-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Nail on head. As long as it's not withdrawn there is still that doubt about his 100% commitment.

There's no point in wondering about or doubting his commitment. Suck it and see and if he's working his ticket, don't play him. Sevco's minimum aim is for SA not to be playing for us. Don't give them uncontested success by taking that step too soon. Personally I don't think he could stomach being sidelined.

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2015, 12:54 PM
That was my point. Why is it with some folk players are either world class or rank?! We were far from rank before Scott came on. I agree the tempo could have been better but to call us rank is... Well... Rank!! :greengrin

People also forgetting we are still missing 7 or 8 players thru injuries...the team will only get stronger imo

Arch Stanton
02-08-2015, 01:27 PM
But I'm not implying any such thing. I'm merely saying that the present situation needs delicate handling and creates a dilemma as to what to do for the best. Will he play against The Rangers? What if he were to sign a pre-contract with FC Bigotry in January?

I don't get the impression Dempster and Stubbs are losing any sleep over this one.

Do you always worry about things this much?

Ronniekirk
02-08-2015, 01:44 PM

Yep it's been dealt with ,and the club have backed the manager, and made the position crystal clear ..Stubbs hasn't just put him straight back into the team ,he has had to sit on the bench .
But when he has come on ,everyone has agreed he immediately makes a difference in quality .

There is no dilema for me and in January unless he has interest from down south he may well sign a pre contract with Rangers but would hope that would not become a circus .

If however Rangers start bidding again in the January Transfer Window that's out with. S A s control to a degree ,and the only reason him withdrawing his request and committing to hibs to end of season would be useful would be to stop the circus starting up again .

But for me it's simple ,all he has to do ,is do his talking on the pitch ,and if he adds goals to his game then he will have other suitors ,and Stubbs will continue to give him advice that he is capable of going back down south and making a go of it this time .