PDA

View Full Version : Print at home tickets

high bee
01-08-2015, 08:01 AM
Just bought my ticket for today, bought one for last week also and as nice as they look they do use a huge chunk of ink with 1/3 of the ticket showing an image of the East packed with supporters and the other 2/3 requiring high ink use with the stadium plan/ticket details.

I have 3 suggestions:

1. A low detail print at home ticket (some people may find themselves stuck or may choose not to go if they have low ink)

2. A ticket card, much like the season ticket card, where games are added when bought online. Have it available to buy for a nominal fee (say £5, so it doesn't cost the club money when issuing loads of cards for people who only go once a season for example), Then every time you buy a ticket you add it to the card, after say 5/6 games the club could refund the £5. This would encourage those to attend who are 1/2 games short of the refund, when they may not have attended otherwise.

3. Is there any way to have tickets on your phone that would scan at the gate. Obviously this could cost the club if they need to upgrade/change the scanners on the gate.

I appreciate this isn't a concern for most on here who have season tickets but it would be a no cost solution to encourage more people to attend. (The refund of the £5 may cost the club a small amount, I'm sure it wouldn't cost the club £5 per card) I'm not local so going to te ticket office is a pain for me, if I run out of ink I may end up missing some games as the price of the stuff is more tha a ticket.

Don't want to go straight to LD as in sure she is busy enough, can anyone suggest who I can contact at the club to suggest this. Also if you think I'm talking nonsense or can think of a better way then please let me know.

lucky
01-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Some great ideas. Should be able to get the bar code on your phone and scanned at the gate. Maybe write to the club with your ideas or some of the LWT guys on here could raise it

Billy Whizz
01-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Some great ideas. Should be able to get the bar code on your phone and scanned at the gate. Maybe write to the club with your ideas or some of the LWT guys on here could raise it

I've got to pick up my Dumbarton tickets today, I'll ask about the phone idea

Scouse Hibee
01-08-2015, 08:29 AM
The card idea that you can add games to is a great shout.

Eyrie
01-08-2015, 08:38 AM
I've had the last week off so couldn't use the print at home option for today's ticket (only have access to a printer at work). Instead I had it posted to me and was surprised at how small it was compared to the A4 printout.

The ticket card is a good idea, or simply making the print at home ticket smaller. After all, it's only the top third that's relevant.

FranckSuzy
01-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Just bought my ticket for today, bought one for last week also and as nice as they look they do use a huge chunk of ink with 1/3 of the ticket showing an image of the East packed with supporters and the other 2/3 requiring high ink use with the stadium plan/ticket details.

I have 3 suggestions:

1. A low detail print at home ticket (some people may find themselves stuck or may choose not to go if they have low ink)

2. A ticket card, much like the season ticket card, where games are added when bought online. Have it available to buy for a nominal fee (say £5, so it doesn't cost the club money when issuing loads of cards for people who only go once a season for example), Then every time you buy a ticket you add it to the card, after say 5/6 games the club could refund the £5. This would encourage those to attend who are 1/2 games short of the refund, when they may not have attended otherwise.

3. Is there any way to have tickets on your phone that would scan at the gate. Obviously this could cost the club if they need to upgrade/change the scanners on the gate.

I appreciate this isn't a concern for most on here who have season tickets but it would be a no cost solution to encourage more people to attend. (The refund of the £5 may cost the club a small amount, I'm sure it wouldn't cost the club £5 per card) I'm not local so going to te ticket office is a pain for me, if I run out of ink I may end up missing some games as the price of the stuff is more tha a ticket.

Don't want to go straight to LD as in sure she is busy enough, can anyone suggest who I can contact at the club to suggest this. Also if you think I'm talking nonsense or can think of a better way then please let me know.

Those are good points and I agree about ink usage. *One poster on here gets me to print his ticket off so he can swan into the Hibs club late and not have to queue later :rolleyes: :greengrin and they do use a lot of unnecessary ink, IMHO.

The card issue is a decent shout too, somewhat like an Oyster card, where you top it up as required :aok:

IIRC, the phone idea was talked about at a WT meeting and initially it was felt that with all the screen protectors out there, it might cause issues scanning the device but maybe it could now be revisited. I've used it for budget airlines with no issues so I don't see why this would be different.

*I do get a drink out of it to be fair :tee hee:

GreenT
01-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Just e-mail the Club with your ideas and it should be forwarded to the person dealing with the online tickets. You won't get a reply unless you specifically ask for one.

[QUOTE=high bee;4428782]Just bought my ticket for today, bought one for last week also and as nice as they look they do use a huge chunk of ink with 1/3 of the ticket showing an image of the East packed with supporters and the other 2/3 requiring high ink use with the stadium plan/ticket details.

I have 3 suggestions:

2. A ticket card, much like the season ticket card, where games are added when bought online. Have it available to buy for a nominal fee (say

jamieross
01-08-2015, 09:35 AM
The phone idea should be fairly simple for the club to achieve, I use my phone for most things like that now, Apple Pay, Clubcard, boarding passes etc.

high bee
01-08-2015, 09:40 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback, thanks GreenT for submitting it to the club. Will keep an eye out for any progress now you have emailed the club and will contact them for an update in a month or so.

Lucius Apuleius
01-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Must admit, for myself, I am delighted we have this option. Makes life easy for us out of towners. Always have a couple of spare sets of ink anyway as I do a lot of photo printing so the amount of ink used to print one A4 colour sheet bugs me not. Good idea regarding smart phone though.

Monts
01-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback, thanks GreenT for submitting it to the club. Will keep an eye out for any progress now you have emailed the club and will contact them for an update in a month or so.

I don't think green t has submitted anything.

The card idea is a great one IMO.

Arch Stanton
01-08-2015, 10:42 AM

I agree, and it should help the TO when buying there too - save them checking that your details are on the database which is a right pain on match day.

Billy Whizz
01-08-2015, 10:43 AM
I agree, and it should help the TO when buying there too - save them checking that your details are on the database which is a right pain on match day.

Also might make people go more often, as it will be dead easy to do

Golden Bear
01-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Must admit, for myself, I am delighted we have this option. Makes life easy for us out of towners. Always have a couple of spare sets of ink anyway as I do a lot of photo printing so the amount of ink used to print one A4 colour sheet bugs me not. Good idea regarding smart phone though.

And me.

It's also perfectly acceptable to print the ticket in plain black & white.

However I'm also all in favour of the Hibernian credit card type option which could also be used to fund purchases from the Club shop.

Sir David Gray
01-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Certainly agree about the detail on the print out ticket.

There is no reason for there being so much colour in the ticket. It should just be the basics, i.e. date, seat number, opposition, price bracket etc.

Printing one of them out every other week would soon use up your ink cartridge.

hibee_nation
01-08-2015, 10:55 AM
I had this problem last night nae cyan ink, just choose print in grey scale, hope it works 👌

whiskas
01-08-2015, 10:57 AM
All good shouts- the only bit that's really needed on the printout is the bar-code and the location (stand/row/seat number). Having this on a phone would be pretty easy to implement. I actually got hit with this last week when my printer ran out of black ink while printing the ticket so I had to make a detour via work and print it out there. TBH I wish I hadn't bothered but there you go!

FranckSuzy
01-08-2015, 10:57 AM
I had this problem last night nae cyan ink, just choose print in grey scale, hope it works 

It does :agree: #cheapskate :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
01-08-2015, 11:00 AM
purchased a ticket 20 mins ago and still waiting on the confirmation e-mail for print at home :rolleyes: normally get it within minutes of purchasing

*sigh*

Golden Bear
01-08-2015, 11:02 AM
purchased a ticket 20 mins ago and still waiting on the confirmation e-mail for print at home :rolleyes: normally get it within minutes of purchasing

Fingers crossed then!

I was the same (about 20 mins ago) but the e mail arrived withing a couple of minutes.

cabbageandribs1875
01-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Fingers crossed then!

I was the same (about 20 mins ago) but the e mail arrived withing a couple of minutes.

went online and resent, then all four confirmations arrived within 2 mins :greengrin although the first two were timed at arriving 20 mins ago

01-08-2015, 11:10 AM
Is there PATG today?

cabbageandribs1875
01-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Is there PATG today?

i think you purchase a ticket from one of the pods m8

Golden Bear
went online and resent, then all four confirmations arrived within 2 mins :greengrin although the first two were timed at arriving 20 mins ago

:aok:

Cheers, taking the wee yin along to her first game today! GGTTH

high bee
01-08-2015, 11:23 AM

Neither he has, misread that. Will send the club an email today.

bill the hibby
01-08-2015, 11:26 AM
Print ticket at home in grayscale every time, what a difference it makes being able to do it at home. Still a great idea by the club

GreenCastle
01-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Managed to get 3 friends to come along today - print at home is the way forward - and agree about design - like it but always in greyscale on the settings - less ink would ideal though.

Shore Thing
01-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Someone with a print at home ticket could test out the phone scanning thing today-
Download the pdf ticket to your phone and see if it scans at the turnstile.
(Take the printed version with you too though in case it doesn't work!)

high bee
01-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Someone with a print at home ticket could test out the phone scanning thing today-

Good idea, will give it a bash.

high bee
01-08-2015, 01:43 PM

Used my phone to get in, zoomed in to make the barcode in the email attachment the same size as the one on the print out (not sure if that made any difference because it accepted it straight away with no hesitation.)

Hannah_hfc
01-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Used my phone to get in, zoomed in to make the barcode in the email attachment the same size as the one on the print out (not sure if that made any difference because it accepted it straight away with no hesitation.)
This worked for me a few times last season!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

MSK
01-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Used my phone to get in, zoomed in to make the barcode in the email attachment the same size as the one on the print out (not sure if that made any difference because it accepted it straight away with no hesitation.)How times have changed eh, sticking a phone under a scanner, zap it and yer in. A lot better than scrambling around yer pocket for cash and handing it over to the turnstyle operator 😃

Jack
02-08-2015, 09:39 AM
When this scanning malarkey was introduced I was told that using phones was not mentioned as an option because too many phones didn't have a high enough picture resolution for the scanners to read consistently leading to possible delays at the turnstiles.

Of course things have moved on since then.

Billy Whizz
02-08-2015, 09:57 AM
When this scanning malarkey was introduced I was told that using phones was not mentioned as an option because too many phones didn't have a high enough picture resolution for the scanners to read consistently leading to possible delays at the turnstiles.

Of course things have moved on since then.

Jack, I wonder if I took a photo of my season ticket, it would work?
Always useful in an emergency in case I left the house without it!

LancashireHibby
02-08-2015, 11:27 AM

I have 3 suggestions:

Option 2 is something that has already existed in the past when there used to be the membership scheme. Would be good to see it reintroduced.

Scouse Hibee
02-08-2015, 02:05 PM
On your phone is a great idea, not such a good idea for Lothian Buses though, took me three days to get my phone back after it jammed in the coin drop box!

FranckSuzy
02-08-2015, 02:53 PM
On your phone is a great idea, not such a good idea for Lothian Buses though, took me three days to get my phone back after it jammed in the coin drop box!

Tee hee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtxbM7-jAD0 :greengrin

itslegaltender
17-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Mate used his phone on Saturday with no problems at all. Good to know if you forget the ticket one time!