PDA

View Full Version : All BBC pundits predict Rangers to win Championship

Spike Mandela
31-07-2015, 06:10 PM
......and the Hearts love in stays strong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33732037

HH81
31-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Good. Write Hibs off and pile the pressure on them.

green day
31-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Fine by me.

Good to see Richard Wilson (a hearts fan, IIRC) noting that we lack firepower.

I must have missed that we sold the top scorer in our league? Or is he just a lazy bassa?

Lago
31-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Of course they do. They are pre programmed to do it.

Jones28
31-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Cool, well done them 👌

👊💦

green day
31-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Oh, I also forgot that they all state what a good signing the poppy stealers left back is.

If he is that good, why is his agent getting him a deal at £2-3k per week in the football backwater that is the SPFL?

Beats me

Kojock
31-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Oh well it looks like the play offs for us again.

BT58
31-07-2015, 06:22 PM
As Cilla would say....
Surprise..surprise....the media bows to the west coast hordes...sickening

Jim44
......and the Hearts love in stays strong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33732037

Brilliant. I love being the underdog anyway. It'll be confusung for the Sevco supporters to learn of the BBC pundits' predictions as they are presently discussing following up the GS and McL. bans with full Beebocide. I'm sure they be suspicious about the pro-Sevco predictions fearing something sinister is afoot.

jacomo
Done us a favour here. Pile the pressure on The Rangers and see what happens. They'll be full of confidence but I think the goldfish bowl will prove to be too much for some of their players (and maybe the manager too).

Leithenhibby
31-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Excellent.

Was it not some Rangers thug that wrote us off after 6 games last season :wink:

Velma Dinkley
31-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Surprise, surprise

emerald green
31-07-2015, 06:26 PM
Were The Rangers not favourites to win the Championship last year too?

Onceinawhile
Fine by me.

I must have missed that we sold the top scorer in our league? Or is he just a lazy bassa?

He's a rangers fan.

BT58
Too late Cilla....lol

bill the hibby
31-07-2015, 06:28 PM
**** the bbc and their opinions

green day
31-07-2015, 06:30 PM
He's a rangers fan.

Ah, my mistake - oldco or sevco? 😀😀

Stevie Reid
31-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Malonga 16 goals in 27 starts;

Cummings 21 goals in 42 appearances last season;

Kojock
31-07-2015, 06:32 PM
I've said it before and Im going to say it again getting beat last weekend could well work in our favour. The Huns were near enough at full strength and now think they are the real deal and don't need to sign anyone to win the league. We on the other hand won't field a weaker team this season. We had 6 players out last Saturday who will all be regulars. Along with our new signing all I can say is bring it on.

Stevie Reid
31-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Fine by me.

We "lack a goal scorer'"

Malonga 16 goals in 27 starts;

Cummings 21 goals in 42 appearances last season;

Keatings 26 goals in 41 Championship starts last two seasons.

Can't wait til we get one.

Ronniekirk
31-07-2015, 06:34 PM

Yep they were,that 6. 2 win has obviously confirmed what they want to believe moan the underdogs :agree::flag:

Baader
31-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Good. They said the same last season. And how the Huns would be going up via the playoffs.

Would be more worried if they'd tipped us to win it.

Sir David Gray
31-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Is that the same media "experts" that tipped Sevco to win the title last season?

Just wondering.

WillowbraeHibby
31-07-2015, 06:46 PM
**** the bbc and their opinions

Can I second that please... :flag::flag: GGTTH

Waxy
31-07-2015, 06:47 PM
They're petrified to say anything negative against sevco.Really is sad how people who are meant (and paid) to be the top writers of Scottish football have become what they are.Mouth pieces for the old firm."Do what we say or your out"
There really is a market in Scotland for a Scottish football newspaper/website which tells it how it really is.
The Sun/Record/BBC best watch how they go.It's the wee guys who own the baw and one day they might not let the big boys play.

SuperAllyMcleod
31-07-2015, 06:48 PM
He's a rangers fan.

Is he not an Aberdeen fan?

Eyrie
31-07-2015, 06:49 PM
The thread title could equally read "want" or "are desperate for".

There's also an article about the top flight (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33737902) in which the BBC have managed to get a fact right for once. Guess who this refers to?

Strengths: A rugged, consistent, physically assertive team

3pm
31-07-2015, 06:50 PM
What did Graham Spiers say?!

Wotherspiniesta
31-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Who the **** is this Clive Lindsay?

" Hearts were only relegated to the Championship by default".

What a complete throbber.

CropleyWasGod
31-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Who the **** is this Clive Lindsay?

" Hearts were only relegated to the Championship by default".

What a complete throbber.

They defaulted on their debts, so he's almost right :)

They did, after all, win more points than us that season.

jdships
31-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Interestring to note that most if not all Warburton's signings from EWngland are " discards"
No"real quality" amongst that lot
Holt is a good footballer but not a match winner
Long way to go so we will see :greengrin

Onceinawhile
31-07-2015, 07:12 PM

95% he's a rangers fan. Went to a mutual friends stag do he was on and he was bemoaning how bad a season they had just had.

bigwheel
31-07-2015, 07:15 PM

100% Rangers fan - heard him talking about it on radio not that long ago...decent journo in my view to be honest

PatHead
31-07-2015, 07:20 PM

You are thinking of Richard Gordon

col02
31-07-2015, 07:34 PM
The Sportsound pundits have lost their last man of integrity in Jim Spence. Hearing Tom English prattle on is enough to have me turning the radio off.

SuperAllyMcleod
31-07-2015, 07:42 PM
100% Rangers fan - heard him talking about it on radio not that long ago...decent journo in my view to be honest

I must be getting mixed up with someone else - not Richard Gordon, I know he's a Don. Never mind.

O'Rourke3
31-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Yip but 2 did go with Hearts.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Richard Wilson you absolute plonker.
I would question how much any of them actually know about Hearts new left back. The hearts fans are getting themselves in a tizz over him so they've obviously picked up on that. Also, he's played in a World Cup so he's automatically really good I guess [emoji57]

Hibernia&Alba
31-07-2015, 08:10 PM
It's pathetic. If The Rangers were in the Champions League, the pundits would tip them to win that, too. They've signed a group of unknowns from the English lower leagues; surely they can't be such certainties. It's very difficult to say with confidence how they'll go, even in this league.

truehibernian
31-07-2015, 08:11 PM
The Sportsound pundits have lost their last man of integrity in Jim Spence. Hearing Tom English prattle on is enough to have me turning the radio off.

He could be our media '12th man' this year :agree: The Rangers support cannot stand him........and I think he thrives on throwing them a wee bite every so often........could work to our advantage (in a media sense) :agree:

lord bunberry
31-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Hibs are viewed by the rest of Scotland as being bottle merchants, it's quite easy to see why they've all gone for rangers. It's a situation we need to use to our advantage.

Green Cabbage 7
31-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Who cares what they think, they've got it wrong anyway, so let's all have a laugh on them!

Steve20
31-07-2015, 09:10 PM
What they said is actually pretty accurate. Hearts are going to be top six and possibly even top four.

Rangers are a cert to win our league and what they say about our firepower is spot on. Cummings and Malonga take about 1 chance in every 6 and when it comes to the games that matter, they're found wanting.

Ronniekirk
31-07-2015, 09:20 PM
What they said is actually pretty accurate. Hearts are going to be top six and possibly even top four.

Rangers are a cert to win our league and what they say about our firepower is spot on. Cummings and Malonga take about 1 chance in every 6 and when it comes to the games that matter, they're found wanting.

So you have already resigned yourself to us not winning the title .We don't know impact new players will make and keatings gives us options as does Farid ,all be in neither may feature in first few leaugue games .Lets wait and see how we start season without some of the new players before capitulating before a ball is kicked .
We are trying to keep feel good factor and positivity going following recent events :confused:

bill the hibby
31-07-2015, 09:22 PM

I don't understand how you can make the assumption than hearts will possibly finish top 4, on what are you basing this on?

Tyler Durden
31-07-2015, 09:28 PM

That'll be the Jason Cummings with 5 goals in 7 games against Rangers and 2/4 last season against Hearts?

Mcpakeisgod
31-07-2015, 10:02 PM
They're petrified to say anything negative against sevco.Really is sad how people who are meant (and paid) to be the top writers of Scottish football have become what they are.Mouth pieces for the old firm."Do what we say or your out"
There really is a market in Scotland for a Scottish football newspaper/website which tells it how it really is.
The Sun/Record/BBC best watch how they go.It's the wee guys who own the baw and one day they might not let the big boys play.

It's actually really interesting you say that, it was only a few days ago I was thinking the same thing. A complete unbiased sports paper looking at all the info on Scottish football. It is an idea I'm actually really interested in once I've completed my degree, although realistically an online version of this would probably be the most I could muster up😣

green day
31-07-2015, 10:10 PM

How many are you looking to hook?

Borderhibbie76
31-07-2015, 10:13 PM
How many are you looking to hook?

Best to ignore his almost constant drivel

Hibs1992
31-07-2015, 10:35 PM

I actually think that Tom English tends to be pretty neutral and tells it as he sees it.

Just because as hibs fans we do not always like what we hear does not mean it is bias against us.

He is definitely in the minority though.

Baader
31-07-2015, 10:38 PM

Woah. Talk about negativity. How are they a cert to win it? We also have Keatings too up front remember...

How can anything be accurate before an event is decided?

stantonhibby
31-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Best to ignore his almost constant drivel

Take 'almost' out and you're there.

Scott Allan Key
01-08-2015, 01:19 AM
Hibs are viewed by the rest of Scotland as being bottle merchants, it's quite easy to see why they've all gone for rangers. It's a situation we need to use to our advantage.

Rangers' fans would have a nerve calling us bottle merchants seeing as they've deposited all their bottles of ginger failing to buy Scott Allan.

Waxy
01-08-2015, 06:33 AM
It's actually really interesting you say that, it was only a few days ago I was thinking the same thing. A complete unbiased sports paper looking at all the info on Scottish football. It is an idea I'm actually really interested in once I've completed my degree, although realistically an online version of this would probably be the most I could muster up😣Well i wish you good luck with this. Our country is crying out for it.

mjhibby
01-08-2015, 07:15 AM
W
I actually think that Tom English tends to be pretty neutral and tells it as he sees it.

Just because as hibs fans we do not always like what we hear does not mean it is bias against us.

He is definitely in the minority though.

I would say he is the least bias but can sucker up to the infirm now and then.Sportsound stopped being relevant a long time ago and only listened if english or jim spence were on. They will spin the usual nonsense. The dons to run celtic close,hertz will be lauded and us slagged off at every turn. Its a waste of time listening to it so i get my info from elsewhere.Really looking forward to seeing the new guys.GGTTH.

Keith_M
01-08-2015, 07:17 AM
If they don't toe the party line, they're banned from Ibrox.

That aside, I'd actually have The Rangers as favourites a well

PeeJay
01-08-2015, 08:27 AM
This season's Glasgow team is not the chaotic mess that last season's was. Not a great team there by any means, but on the few games played this season, their squad and resources along with their dismantling of us it's only reasonable to see them as potential champions. We haven't impressed anywhere yet ... I can't see why anyone would think we are potential champions, based on what?

Don't see any evidence here of BBC bias at all - thought the comments were reasonable myself - it's all just harmless conjecture anyway, some fans really need to get this chip of their shoulder that the world and his wife are against Hibs: if Hibs performed and delivered , reporting would be more "favourable".

number9dream
01-08-2015, 09:47 AM

The BBC is a huge organisation and did the best work at exposing Craig Whyte, EBTs, Chuck Green's dodgy dealings etc. They were also banned from Ibrox for a long time after Ally took umbrage at the Mad Men title sequence and Tom English is just about the only guy not involved in the Dave King love-in.
They will not be at Ibrox on Sunday after Rangers latest set of banning orders - Graham Spiers and the wee baldy guy from BBC Sport, maybe one other newspaper guy.
This will play very well with the Orcs, who despite being the establishment team beyond all establishment teams (maybe Real Madrid outdo them), somehow think everyone has got it in for them.

As for tips for the titles, walk into any bookies and Celtic are 1-50 and Rangers are very skinny odds too, so lets not get too upset about these journos making safe predictions. It's just a pretty boring read if everyone says the same thing.

If we can do the business against Falkirk, St Mirren & Queens regularly then we'll be right in the mix for top spot.

Waxy
01-08-2015, 09:56 AM
The BBC is a huge organisation and did the best work at exposing Craig Whyte, EBTs, Chuck Green's dodgy dealings etc. They were also banned from Ibrox for a long time after Ally took umbrage at the Mad Men title sequence and Tom English is just about the only guy not involved in the Dave King love-in.
They will not be at Ibrox on Sunday after Rangers latest set of banning orders - Graham Spiers and the wee baldy guy from BBC Sport, maybe one other newspaper guy.
This will play very well with the Orcs, who despite being the establishment team beyond all establishment teams (maybe Real Madrid outdo them), somehow think everyone has got it in for them.

As for tips for the titles, walk into any bookies and Celtic are 1-50 and Rangers are very skinny odds too, so lets not get too upset about these journos making safe predictions. It's just a pretty boring read if everyone says the same thing.

If we can do the business against Falkirk, St Mirren & Queens regularly then we'll be right in the mix for top spot.Yes the BBC have done well and good on them by refusing to go to ibrox.

Betty Boop
01-08-2015, 10:42 AM
This season's Glasgow team is not the chaotic mess that last season's was. Not a great team there by any means, but on the few games played this season, their squad and resources along with their dismantling of us it's only reasonable to see them as potential champions. We haven't impressed anywhere yet ... I can't see why anyone would think we are potential champions, based on what?

Don't see any evidence here of BBC bias at all - thought the comments were reasonable myself - it's all just harmless conjecture anyway, some fans really need to get this chip of their shoulder that the world and his wife are against Hibs: if Hibs performed and delivered , reporting would be more "favourable".

Couldn't agree more. The paranoia on here is ridiculous at times, nearly as bad as Celtic fans.

Alex Trager
01-08-2015, 11:29 AM

Too many think this is the case. It is laughable to be honest.

The media. The refs. The sfa.

It's a laugh listening to them tbf

Tyler Durden
01-08-2015, 11:57 AM

Given we finished above Rangers last season and have strengthened since it wouldn't be unreasonable to predict we'll be above them again.

Fair enough it's no surprise that most tip Rangers but silly comments like "Hibs lack a goal scorer" takes any credibility from their coverage. Who are half these experts anyway?

tamig
01-08-2015, 12:49 PM
So you have already resigned yourself to us not winning the title .We don't know impact new players will make and keatings gives us options as does Farid ,all be in neither may feature in first few leaugue games .Lets wait and see how we start season without some of the new players before capitulating before a ball is kicked .
We are trying to keep feel good factor and positivity going following recent events :confused:

Steve doesn't do feel good. Ever.