PDA

View Full Version : Media New book David Farrell

Spike Mandela
31-07-2015, 02:23 PM
David Farrell has got a new book coming out and it looks like a fantastic read. Bit about it here.....

https://davidfarrellfaz.wordpress.com/2015/07/29/pre-season-struggles/

Beefster
31-07-2015, 02:28 PM
I don't read footballing autobiographies but I'll be reading Davie Farrell's book. For some reason I can't quite recall, he was one of my favourite players back in the day.

stubru59
31-07-2015, 02:52 PM
A non ghost written book by an ex footballer. Must be a first surely, and that alone makes it worth a read.

Platinum Scotty
31-07-2015, 03:06 PM
From the brief read on his blog, it certainly is one I am buying

SonOfDavidFrancey
31-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Ditto

Gettin' Auld
31-07-2015, 03:17 PM
I don't read footballing autobiographies but I'll be reading Davie Farrell's book. For some reason I can't quite recall, he was one of my favourite players back in the day.

I liked him too, he added a bit of steel to the team.

Torto7062
31-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Tried to order on Amazon but not available to preorder yet.....
I like a wee Autobiography so this will be a good addition to the collection

Stevie Reid
31-07-2015, 03:46 PM

I liked Farrell too. Wasn't the most refined footballer, but he was fully committed, and was effective on his day.

Yuillsy
31-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Tried to order on Amazon but not available to preorder yet.....
I like a wee Autobiography so this will be a good addition to the collection

You can preorder it through Teckle books, I preordered mine a couple of months ago.
His weekly blog is brilliant but he hasn't been doing it recently due to his book writing commitments.
I don't know if you're on twitter but Davie is well worth a follow and he keeps you updated about his book progress.

Stevie Reid
31-07-2015, 03:53 PM
David Farrell has got a new book coming out and it looks like a fantastic read. Bit about it here.....

Great promotional blurb in that link, very engaging - I'll have a read when it comes out.

Torto7062
31-07-2015, 04:19 PM
You can preorder it through Teckle books, I preordered mine a couple of months ago.
His weekly blog is brilliant but he hasn't been doing it recently due to his book writing commitments.
I don't know if you're on twitter but Davie is well worth a follow and he keeps you updated about his book progress.

I will have a look on Twitter mate..cheers for info

Smartie
31-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Great promotional blurb in that link, very engaging - I'll have a read when it comes out.

I thought so too.

So who do we think the Hibs player was that refused to play against Airdrie because he didn't like what his strip felt like?

brianmc
31-07-2015, 04:42 PM
I thought so too.

So who do we think the Hibs player was that refused to play against Airdrie because he didn't like what his strip felt like?

Seem to remember it being Budgie - apparently it was too slippy.

Smartie
31-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Seem to remember it being Budgie - apparently it was too slippy.

I remember it now.

Was this the argument with Alex Miller over the 'keeper's top? He wanted to wear his own one which had a better, grippier stomach on it without a sponsor?

Actually led to him leaving the club iirc.

CockneyRebel
31-07-2015, 05:13 PM
I liked Farrell too. Wasn't the most refined footballer, but he was fully committed, and was effective on his day.

He always said good things about Hibs after he moved on. Is often asked for his opinion on Hibs before any big games and always puts us in a good light.

Tinribs
31-07-2015, 05:22 PM
This bio sounds a cracker, will deffo be getting it..hope there is a kindle version. Plus i think Teckle Books is run or at least part owned by the guy who did the Real Leigh Griffiths Blog and book, so they know about footy and what we want to read :greengrin

Peevemor
31-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Was it not Davie Farrell who, on scoring his first goal for hibs, didn't know how to celebrate so he just lay on his side leaning his head on his hand?

priorparkhibby
31-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Was it not Davie Farrell who, on scoring his first goal for hibs, didn't know how to celebrate so he just lay on his side leaning his head on his hand?

I can remember that celebration too, was it in a 5-1 win v Partick Thistle on Boxing Day? I can't remember the year but I seem to remember there was snow on the pitch that year, his did it in front of me in the East Stand, think I was only about 10.

SuperAllyMcleod
31-07-2015, 06:45 PM

Was that the time that he wanted to keep the match ball, despite only scoring one? I'm sure McLeish told him where to go.

LaMotta
31-07-2015, 06:46 PM

He was my favourite player solely because of his swagger!

Peevemor
31-07-2015, 06:46 PM
I can remember that celebration too, was it in a 5-1 win v Partick Thistle on Boxing Day? I can't remember the year but I seem to remember there was snow on the pitch that year, his did it in front of me in the East Stand, think I was only about 10.

It was definitely in front of the east, about 25yds from the goal line.

LaMotta
31-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Was that the time that he wanted to keep the match ball, despite only scoring one? I'm sure McLeish told him where to go.

Would have been Alex Miller..

DaveF
31-07-2015, 07:03 PM

Good wee read that was, so I think I'll make a point of getting it.

SJNB Hibby
31-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Good wee read that was, so I think I'll make a point of getting it.
Sounds excellent--hope the Hibs shop carries it---sounds a bit similar to "Where's your Caravan" which I loved

green day
31-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Follow Faz on twitter, he is a very intelligent commentator on the game.

IIRC he did some BBC alba stuff last year and was v good.

Celtic fan but with a big soft spot for us.

I have ordered the book.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-07-2015, 08:27 PM
One of the first players I remember from getting taken to games as a lad. One of the first players I really liked, along with Pat McGinley. Still remember that celebration after his first goal so vividly, despite being young. I would guess at about 94/95 season, total guess though.

fat freddy
31-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Yet another book written by a former Hibs player, I started a thread a few years ago listing the many books with a Hibs theme, the last time I looked we were beating hearts 40 books to 5... It just proves that we hold the intellectual high ground and they are a bunch of Mutant Inbred Neanderthals, I look forward to The Farrell novel and I hope it inspires David Fellinger and Billy Findlay to write their own tales of life on the bench at Easter Road during this period in our history

Smartie
31-07-2015, 08:34 PM
I'm sure 3 of their 5 are "colouring in" books.

priorparkhibby
31-07-2015, 09:13 PM
One of the first players I remember from getting taken to games as a lad. One of the first players I really liked, along with Pat McGinley. Still remember that celebration after his first goal so vividly, despite being young. I would guess at about 94/95 season, total guess though.

Just looked it up, the game was on Monday 27th December 1993

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Just looked it up, the game was on Monday 27th December 1993

Oohh I was close [emoji4] Was a great game.

CraigHibee
31-07-2015, 11:05 PM
Will definitely order his book, David seems like a pretty much down to earth guy