PDA

View Full Version : EMail from Leeann

PatHead
31-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Anyone else just had an email, as a renewed season ticket holder, encouraging us to back the club?

Tried to cut and paste but basically emphasises what has been done over the last year and mentions how we have progressed. A real "Not what we can do for you but what can you do for the club."

My son hasn't renewed as he couldn't attend many games last year and sees this season being the same but has bought shares.

Does anyone else still have to renew or why are you not doing so this year (genuinely interested from a Working Together viewpoint in what can be done to overcome issues)?

Also is anyone else still planning on buying shares or HSL?
Hi Kevin,

dangermouse
31-07-2015, 10:35 AM
Anyone else just had an email encouraging us to back the club?
Hi Kevin,

Yip.

GreenCastle
31-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Yup - positive.

There are people who post on this board who we could do with renewing or getting a ST.

Last weekends result hasn't helped but for me the club are going to need us more than ever this season and I'm looking forward to the challenge of being under dogs and trying to win the league.

col02
31-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Just the right words as usual from Leeann Dempster! Any lingering doubts in trusting the board have long since gone and I am amazed at the work ethic this lady displays. The latest email for me says we should puff our chests out this coming season as one and roll the sleeves up and get stuck in! Buzzing for the new season!

Coults1875
31-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Anyone else just had an email encouraging us to back the club?
Hi Kevin,

Yeah, really happy with how the club is dealing with things these days.

nellio
31-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Another positive statement asking the supporters to back the club.

As she says the club is not a soft touch anymore and have listened to supprters so if you are in 2 minds about a season ticket this year get down ER and get one bought!

oneone73
31-07-2015, 10:39 AM
No mention of Petrie leaving ... 😈

PatHead
31-07-2015, 10:44 AM
No mention of Petrie leaving ... 

I did the telephone calls both last season and this. A lot of fans said they were not renewing because of him last season but didn't get one saying that this season. (I still think he should go though as he is an obstacle!) Leeann is running the club though make no bones about it.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-07-2015, 10:46 AM
Yup. Positive again. If you can afford a season ticket then DO IT FOLKS!

green&left
31-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Hi Scott,

I want to thank you and every other supporter who has bought a season ticket and shown support in a real and tangible way. However, today I need to ask you, our supporters, to demonstrate your undoubted willingness to do all you can to get behind your Club - and to do it now.

Events of the past few days have been testing for everyone, but I think you will recognise the clear demonstration and resolve of the Club to do all we can to get promotion.

When I came to Hibernian more than a year ago, amongst all the conversations I had with many of you, one message came across crystal clear.

You challenged the Club to show ambition; to demonstrate that we have the ability and desire to restore confident and to allow you to fall in love with the Club again.

Over the year we have done everything we can to meet that understandable challenge:
Leading from the front by demonstrating the Club's ambition to succeed on the pitch. Alan and his staff extending their contracts is a great example, as is our refusal to contemplate an offer from one of our key rivals for one of our best players.
Creating confidence that football business will be done early and done well, and we've done this through maintaining our football budget at Premiership level when many other clubs in our situation would cut theirs. Seven players have now joined the club following the addition of John McGinn, with four more extending contracts, and the investment has been significant in building a strong playing squad.
Empowering supporters through the concept of supporter ownership, which is being delivered through the Club's share offer and HSL.
Add in to that mix the enormous work we've all done to improve communications and dialogue through the Club's media channels, through face-to-face meetings and forums, and through rebuilding links with supporter organisations - manifesting itself in things like the return of the white sleeves to the strip and the reintroduction of a purple away kit.

A lot has already been done, but there is more we need to do. By extending their contracts, Alan and his staff showed us this week that they are determined to do everything they can. What we all now need to ask is: "What can I do to help them?"

Alan said the one big thing any supporter can do is to turn up to Easter Road, buy season tickets if they can, and get behind the team. To date more than 7,000 have joined you in committing to next season and again I offer my sincere thanks, because it is your commitment that has helped us get our squad together for the challenge ahead.

However we need more. We still have season ticket holders from last season who have chosen not to renew, and other lapsed holders to get back. Circumstances change and not everyone can have a season ticket and there will be genuine and unavoidable reasons for some.

For others who are simply choosing to wait and see I would say-don't wait. We need them, and we need them now. I am asking every Hibernian supporter who can afford to buy a season ticket to come forward and buy one, and to get yourself, family and friends back to Easter Road. You have already done your bit-please help us convince others to get behind us and buy season tickets.

The process began in January to give supporters the chance to take a controlling interest in their club. With that comes the recognition that funding the Club is the responsibility of all of us. It is up to all of us to ensure we get the team we want. Every person who contributes to HSL or the share issue will help further strengthen our squad. If you want to join HSL click HERE, or click HERE to learn about the share issue.

I'll say it again, don't wait - do it now.

Are you up for the challenge?

Leeann

worcesterhibby
31-07-2015, 10:49 AM
everyone should be backing the club as much as they can this year. I only get up to about one game a year, so a season ticket is not really viable, but I pay for Hibs TV monthly (£72 a year) and have signed up for HSL too. With one or two games and a shirt I will be contributing about the same as a season ticket over the year.

Great to see Leeann and Stubbs running our club properly.

BSEJVT
31-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Its a great pity that we are still in the Championship as I have absolutely no doubt that things are very much improved than they were a year ago and the club now seems ready to finally kick on.

My only concern would be whether if we fail to get promoted this year, we could sustain that sense of positivity for another year in the Championship.

We will just have to hope that that doesn't happen.

Although I wont get another season ticket for the foreseeable future, I at least plan to go to more games than I have done since the Calderwood era.

For a couple of years I wouldn't even accept comp tickets for the home games I could have had every week.

Baby steps and all that.

GGTTH

sauzeelegod
31-07-2015, 11:21 AM
After what's happened the last week or so, and with the guy who bought 10 tickets to give away to fans who couldn't afford it, I've decided to get a season ticket and so has my dad. Our club is changing for the better and it's time to back them.

ano hibby
31-07-2015, 11:33 AM
After what's happened the last week or so, and with the guy who bought 10 tickets to give away to fans who couldn't afford it, I've decided to get a season ticket and so has my dad. Our club is changing for the better and it's time to back them.

Well done you, exactly what we need..returning fans.
Enjoy the season :)

.Sean.
31-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Another outstanding message from Leanne. I think I'm falling in love.

marinello59
31-07-2015, 11:59 AM

It's a real pleasure to read posts like this. It's time to concentrate on the many positive reasons there are to back our club.

Keith_M
31-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Hi Kevin,

Who's Kevin?

:wink:

PatHead
31-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Who's Kevin?

Strickingly handsome guy who lives in Pathhead and supports Hibs.

That bit must have cut and pasted!

Weststandwanab
31-07-2015, 12:10 PM

Well done to you, your Dad and the very generous supporter.

It's a real pleasure to read posts like this. It's time to concentrate on the many positive reasons there are to back our club.

I could not agree more.

Kevin says hello

stoneyburn hibs
31-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Yes. " Leading from the front" Positive vibes .

liamh2202
31-07-2015, 12:24 PM
Strickingly handsome guy who lives in Pathhead and supports Hibs.

That bit must have cut and pasted!

You would have got away with it if someone never quoted you lol

emerald green
31-07-2015, 12:48 PM
I really don't know what else the Hibs board, CEO, and management team can do to get lapsed supporters back to ER.

Not backing down to the newco over the SA saga; some very good signings; reducing the price of season tickets; AS and his coaching team extending their contracts at the club.

The final piece of the jigsaw is of course the players doing the business on the pitch and winning matches on a regular basis.

Even if some lapsed supporters still cannot be persuaded to buy a season ticket, maybe they could turn up more regularly and PATG? Everyone who calls himself/herself a Hibs supporter needs to play their part as much as they are able to try to help get Hibs promoted this season.

banchoryhibs
31-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Share purchase application on its way accompanied by a cheque - probably would have got round to it before the end of August but Leeann's email prompted me to do it now

She has been our best signing:agree:

RCNG
31-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Its a great pity that we are still in the Championship as I have absolutely no doubt that things are very much improved than they were a year ago and the club now seems ready to finally kick on.

My only concern would be whether if we fail to get promoted this year, we could sustain that sense of positivity for another year in the Championship.

Although I wont get another season ticket for the foreseeable future, I at least plan to go to more games than I have done since the Calderwood era.

For a couple of years I wouldn't even accept comp tickets for the home games I could have had every week.

Baby steps and all that.

GGTTH

Are you not buying a season ticket due to other commitments. money etc?

If not, and you can afford to, do come back this season. I dont want to start an argument or anything but 'baby steps' isn't good enough right now. Just buy the season ticket and IF we don't go up, you'll have every right to moan if you care to do so.

jacomo
31-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Just had the email myself. Wish I could do more to support the club - living 100s of miles away and returning to Embra very occasionally doesn't help.

I think this will be a great season to watch this team develop.

FranckSuzy
31-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Just had the email myself. Wish I could do more to support the club - living 100s of miles away and returning to Embra very occasionally doesn't help.

I think this will be a great season to watch this team develop.

You could contribute to HSL and/or Kicks for Kids :aok: :greengrin

matty_f
31-07-2015, 01:53 PM

Baby steps and all that.

GGTTH

At the risk of going all 'uber-fanny' here, why wait and see how things go with everyone else supporting the club for you?

That probably sounds really knobby, but I couldn't think of a more diplomatic way to put it.

If everyone that can buy a season ticket does buy a season ticket then we can help take matters into our own hands as much as possible.

Hibs have one main competitor this season (I think St Mirren will do well, but we'll finish well clear of them, IMHO) and that's The Rangers.

The Rangers have one major advantage over us, and that's their spending power, which is driven largely by their season ticket sales (it doesn't look like Dave King is putting his hand in his own pocket to fund them.)

The club have one main way to generate income themselves - player sales. We could get the equivalent of x number of season ticket sales by selling Scott Allan, for example. That would fund a couple of players but leave us without one of our best players.

As supporters, we can remove the need to sell anyone - buy season tickets or subscribe to HSL. Give the club the money to get the players in that will compete with The Rangers.

Leeann's message is clear - don't wait and see, make it happen.

What if your season ticket was the difference between us signing the player or not signing the player that scores the goal that takes us up, or wins us a cup.

I get one season ticket probably won't make the difference, but this applies to everyone that's waiting to see - if you don't wait and see and just do it, then we're all watching a better team this season.

Ozyhibby
31-07-2015, 02:02 PM
I've bought two season tickets but never got an email. Petrie up to his old tricks again.

Hannah_hfc
31-07-2015, 02:03 PM
I got the email too. Very impressed and its very well written stuff from LD.

Unfortunately refraining from an ST at the moment due to working some Saturdays and also struggling to afford one. That said I'll still make home games when I can and if finances are better round Christmas time maybe get a half ST.

Despite being in the championship another year I feel more excited about the club than I did for years previously, I'm sure I won't be the only one thinking that.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
31-07-2015, 02:08 PM
Are you not buying a season ticket due to other commitments. money etc?

If not, and you can afford to, do come back this season. I dont want to start an argument or anything but 'baby steps' isn't good enough right now. Just buy the season ticket and IF we don't go up, you'll have every right to moan if you care to do so.

Fair enough to ask the question

I have gotten really into golf in the last few years again and play Saturday & Sunday and am a member of 3 courses

I could afford to buy a season ticket if I wanted to, but have become so disillusioned by Hibs & football in general over the last 7 or 8 years that its no longer the over riding priority it used to be.

Truth of the matter is I don't even bother watching it on our Sky Sports subscription now, I doubt I saw 6 games of any league last year and certainly didn't watch them start to finish.

I have bought shares and whilst I am happy to pitch in a bit in doing so, I am not yet ready to commit to going most weeks let alone all.

We will see how it goes, but as we stand now I would expect to go to no more than 6 games this season, which would be 5 more than last (Livi at home in the 2-1 game)

We need to go up for the good of the club, but that wouldn't be the litmus test for me personally and wouldn't cause me to moan.

Right now I would settle for us playing some decent stuff again and competing.

I had a season ticket for well over 15 years and at one time there were more than 30 of us, there are now 6

Maybe the catalyst for me will be when my grandchildren come along and want to go.

It would have been unthinkable for me to become so alienated from football and Hibs years ago and maybe its just going to take time or something to rekindle my interest.

I don't expect this to be a popular post but you asked an honest question and I felt you deserved an honest explantion.

BSEJVT
31-07-2015, 02:14 PM
At the risk of going all 'uber-fanny' here, why wait and see how things go with everyone else supporting the club for you?

That probably sounds really knobby, but I couldn't think of a more diplomatic way to put it.

If everyone that can buy a season ticket does buy a season ticket then we can help take matters into our own hands as much as possible.

Hibs have one main competitor this season (I think St Mirren will do well, but we'll finish well clear of them, IMHO) and that's The Rangers.

The Rangers have one major advantage over us, and that's their spending power, which is driven largely by their season ticket sales (it doesn't look like Dave King is putting his hand in his own pocket to fund them.)

The club have one main way to generate income themselves - player sales. We could get the equivalent of x number of season ticket sales by selling Scott Allan, for example. That would fund a couple of players but leave us without one of our best players.

As supporters, we can remove the need to sell anyone - buy season tickets or subscribe to HSL. Give the club the money to get the players in that will compete with The Rangers.

Leeann's message is clear - don't wait and see, make it happen.

What if your season ticket was the difference between us signing the player or not signing the player that scores the goal that takes us up, or wins us a cup.

I get one season ticket probably won't make the difference, but this applies to everyone that's waiting to see - if you don't wait and see and just do it, then we're all watching a better team this season.

Again fair enough to ask the question, I have replied more fully to the previous poster.

Its not the fact that I am waiting for us to get better, its just that Hibs & Football don't mean that much or aren't the focal point of my life as they maybe once were.

I have found other interests that at present mean more to me, maybe that will change but it wont be because we buy Ronaldo & Bale or get promoted to the SPL.

As I said in the other post I have bought shares and plan to go more often regardless of whether we are good bad or ugly but I am nowhere near ready to go again even once a month and maybe never will be.

RCNG
31-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Fair enough to ask the question

I have gotten really into golf in the last few years again and play Saturday & Sunday and am a member of 3 courses

I could afford to buy a season ticket if I wanted to, but have become so disillusioned by Hibs & football in general over the last 7 or 8 years that its no longer the over riding priority it used to be.

Truth of the matter is I don't even bother watching it on our Sky Sports subscription now, I doubt I saw 6 games of any league last year and certainly didn't watch them start to finish.

I have bought shares and whilst I am happy to pitch is a bit in doing so, I am not yet ready to commit to going most weeks let alone all.

We will see how it goes but as we stand now I would expect to go to no more than 6 games this season, which would be 5 more than last (Livi at home in the 2-1 game)

We need to go up for the good of the club, but that wouldn't be the litmus test for me personally and wouldn't cause me to moan.

Right now I would settle for us playing some decent stuff again and competing.

I had a season ticket for well over 15 years and at one time there were more than 30 of us, there are now 6

Maybe the catalyst for me will be when my grandchildren come along and want to go.

It would have been unthinkable for me to become so alienated from football and Hibs years ago and maybe its just going to take time or something to rekindle my interest.

I don't expect this to be a popular post but you asked an honest question and I felt you deserved an honest explantion.

Each to their own, i'd argue the case agaisnt but it sounds like you would've done exactly the same thin 10 years ago were you in my shoes.

BSEJVT
31-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Each to their own, i'd argue the case agaisnt but it sounds like you would've done exactly the same thin 10 years ago were you in my shoes.

I was absolutely mad for it 10 years ago, it was all consuming.

I once made an impassioned plea on here to try and get more folk to go the semi replay v Dunfermline

I still love Hibs and am interested in everything thing they do and want nothing but the best for the club, but I don't feel the need or desire to go that regularly at the moment.

Who knows, maybe I will turn up tomorrow and fall in love or at least get the bug back all over again?

MKHIBEE
31-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Also is anyone else still planning on buying shares or HSL?
Hi Kevin,

[/QUOTE]
I will,be doing one or the other

surreyhibbie
31-07-2015, 02:27 PM
I got an email too. Was surprised as I have never has a season ticket, live too far away these days, must have got my name from the last time I got shares as a Christmas present...

Still, I contribute to Hibs TV and kicks for Kids but Leanne shamed me into joining HSL as well !

What a woman! 😀

:flag:

TheReg!
31-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Just been down for season ticket, probably won't make even half the games, however I want to support the club as we are moving forward again 👍🏻

bobbyhibs1983
31-07-2015, 03:05 PM
I must be one of the few who did not get an email, which is fair enough really,being a single guy, alot of the good work hibs seem to be aimed at familes, which i say is fantastic and will hopefully help people whom have kids.

For me, personally its a toss up between being able to buy a ST , if i recall the payment plan has passed, and unforunently cannot commit to laying out £300 plus.
and the enjoyment/enviroment of going to the games which for me wasn't too much fun.

I have seen some comments on the hsl and shares,and i think tickets for kids but dont know too much, as to the ins and outs of it, something i think maybe i COULD commit too.

Gatecrasher
31-07-2015, 03:13 PM
The club is asking for our support hopefully they get the response they deserve.

GreenCastle
31-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Just been down for season ticket, probably won't make even half the games, however I want to support the club as we are moving forward again 👍🏻

Good work !

Hopefully more can help.

I don't think about seeing every game when I buy a ST - I see it as my bit to help support the club and see it more as a membership.

As we know Scottish football isn't value for money but Hibs is my team and I want them to be successful as I know when that happens it will be great memories and great to be part of.

I also know we have great foundations to be back in the top league doing well and want to help get us there sooner rather than later.

matty_f
31-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Good work !

Hopefully more can help.

I don't think about seeing every game when I buy a ST - I see it as my bit to help support the club and see it more as a membership.

As we know Scottish football isn't value for money but Hibs is my team and I want them to be successful as I know when that happens it will be great memories and great to be part of.

I also know we have great foundations to be back in the top league doing well and want to help get us there sooner rather than later.

I think that's what's got me inspired to get really involved again, there was never any question of not renewing the season ticket, but to get involved in trying to get more people back to watching the Hibs.

I think we have a great team in place at Hibs to actually take the club forward with a determination to get some actual success. I think the attitude has shifted from "let's break even, or see success as achieving within our limitations" to one that sees the people at the top of the club genuinely want to go after tangible success - and try and actually win stuff and achieve beyond our means.

For me, that's massive. I feel like the club has regained its identity and although we're not in the league we should be in, I have a club that I am proud of and that I can see getting better.

We are doing more in the community, reaching kids that couldn't normally go to games, trying to encourage people back, listening to fans and using the feedback to shape their actions.

Crucially, the board look like backing the manager as much as possible, and the refusal to go against his wishes with the Scott Allan transfer highlights just how serious they are.

For me, the board have done and are doing everything they possibly can to put things right for the fans and for the club, and I have no reservations in backing them 100% and encouraging others to do the same.

emerald green
31-07-2015, 05:59 PM
I must be one of the few who did not get an email, which is fair enough really,being a single guy, alot of the good work hibs seem to be aimed at familes, which i say is fantastic and will hopefully help people whom have kids.

Are your details on the Hibs database?

the pie eater
31-07-2015, 06:03 PM
The club is asking for our support hopefully they get the response they deserve.

It's worked on me.

Just bought my return train ticket from virgin.

Match ticket purchased and printed.

Have been thinking most of this week about going.

It was 10/90 after last weeks result.

Nothing worse than the long journey back after a defeat.

The email and everything going on at Hibs in the last year have inspired me to start attending games more frequently.

Gatecrasher
31-07-2015, 06:12 PM
It's worked on me.

The email and everything going on at Hibs in the last year have inspired me to start attending games more frequently.
Great news :thumbsup:

PatHead
31-07-2015, 06:16 PM

For me, personally its a toss up between being able to buy a ST , if i recall the payment plan has passed, and unforunently cannot commit to laying out £300 plus.
and the enjoyment/enviroment of going to the games which for me wasn't too much fun.

I have seen some comments on the hsl and shares,and i think tickets for kids but dont know too much, as to the ins and outs of it, something i think maybe i COULD commit too.

HSL is one method of helping to achieve fan ownership. You contribute to HSL and any donations received buy shares in the club. This can be from £18.75 per month. Link http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/about.html

Kicks for Kids - The tickets for kids initiative is run by Suzy Linn (Frank Suzy) who collects donations from supporters - again this can be from Direct Debit (from £6.25 per month?) or you can make a single donation. Suzy then buys season tickets and distributes them to deserving causes. Sure she works with Community Foundation with distribution but sure Suzy will be along shortly to clarify thing.

emerald green
31-07-2015, 06:19 PM
HSL is one method of helping to achieve fan ownership. You contribute to HSL and any donations received buy shares in the club. This can be from £18.75 per month. Link http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/about.html

Kicks for Kids - The tickets for kids initiative is run by Suzy Linn (Frank Suzy) who collects donations from supporters - again this can be from Direct Debit (from £6.25 per month?) or you can make a single donation. Suzy then buys season tickets and distributes them to deserving causes. Sure she works with Community Foundation with distribution but sure Suzy will be along shortly to clarify thing.

I think contributions of £10 per month are possible.

PatHead
31-07-2015, 06:28 PM

Baby steps and all that.

GGTTH

Hopefully you won't be long in catching the bug again and enjoying a day out at Easter Road on a regular basis.

Another baby step could be Kicks for Kids at a few quid either here and there or by DD. This also has the benefit of helping deserving causes

PatHead
31-07-2015, 06:33 PM
I think contributions of £10 per month are possible.

Wasn't 100% sure but will stand corrected. I should have added that after you have a £225 of contributions you become a member of HSL.

CentreLine
31-07-2015, 08:16 PM
I was absolutely mad for it 10 years ago, it was all consuming.

I once made an impassioned plea on here to try and get more folk to go the semi replay v Dunfermline

I still love Hibs and am interested in everything thing they do and want nothing but the best for the club, but I don't feel the need or desire to go that regularly at the moment.

Who knows, maybe I will turn up tomorrow and fall in love or at least get the bug back all over again?

Absolutely support everything you say and you could have taken the words right out of my mouth. Inspired by what the club has done this week and behind the scenes in the past year the end of my story is a little different. I now have HSL shares and new club shares, my season ticket application will be secured this week after a very long absence. Believe me I was in a much darker place than you as regards Scottish football but my club really has taken giant strides and my enthusiasm is rekindled.

Amit
31-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Absolutely support everything you say and you could have taken the words right out of my mouth. Inspired by what the club has done this week and behind the scenes in the past year the end of my story is a little different. I now have HSL shares and new club shares, my season ticket application will be secured this week after a very long absence. Believe me I was in a much darker place than you as regards Scottish football but my club really has taken giant strides and my enthusiasm is rekindled.

[emoji106]

bobbyhibs1983
31-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Are your details on the Hibs database?

yep pretty sure i am,
I used to get emails every now and again with regards things about hibs,new articles on the website for example.

Thats life though, im guessing they may aim for people whom have kids or something, rather than just single supporters, but its anyones guess!

and a very good post bybsejvt on how i think i would some up my effection for hibs

and thank you pathead for the info, will be keen to have a read!

BSEJVT
31-07-2015, 09:12 PM

Really pleased you have found your way back.

I have to say that it's not so much the football that's pulling on my heartstrings a bit, more the sense of community that's re-forming around the club and maybe the sense that I should be doing more to help.

FranckSuzy
31-07-2015, 09:18 PM

As PH says below, there are various ways you could help our club if you are able :thumbsup:

If you would like to contribute to Alan Stubbs' budget you could join HSL from £10 per month OR help children attend games. If the latter interests you, any amount is appreciated and £6.25 per month will buy a Kicks for Kids season ticket outright :aok: The tickets are distributed to groups/charities who help children plus you can specify a particular cause if they are close to your heart.

Please let me know if you would like any more info and thank you for thinking about helping our club. GGTTH.

:aok:

CentreLine
31-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Really pleased you have found your way back.

I have to say that it's not so much the football that's pulling on my heartstrings a bit, more the sense of community that's re-forming around the club and maybe the sense that I should be doing more to help.

Are you sure you are not actually me??? I agree with this sentiment too :thumbsup:

Ticket purchased on-line now in the front row upper tier of the West (sorry guys) and my brother, who has a better seat already but there are no spaces close to his, is going to move his seat next to mine.

I like community too

I am liking the way people are getting behind our club and want to be part of it:flag:

Oh! and I have arranged to buy club shares for my son (who does not live in Edinburgh) but he does not know it yet. It's going to be a bit of a family affair at the AGM me thinks

GreenCastle
31-07-2015, 09:53 PM
It's worked on me.

Great to hear - Hibs should win the majority of games this season and for me that's worth visiting ER to see also.

We also have players and a manager who want the best for the club - much more of a connection compared to previous years. (Don't bring up SA)

HappyAsHellas
31-07-2015, 09:59 PM
I am not a ST holder as with previous jobs I worked shifts and couldn't make many games. Last season I only missed 2 home games and now I can afford to buy a season ticket I am in the position where I go to every home game with my daughter who can't really afford a ticket, but we have persuaded my wife's work colleague to let us take her 12 year old to all the games with us. If I bought an ST, how could I possibly guarantee getting the adjoining seats for us? So as it stands we plan to go to every home game and some away as well as development games (christ it was windy down there today). I know it's better for the club if I buy a ST, but they will still get our money and more importantly, our support.

Slicer
01-08-2015, 01:49 AM
I am not a ST holder as with previous jobs I worked shifts and couldn't make many games. Last season I only missed 2 home games and now I can afford to buy a season ticket I am in the position where I go to every home game with my daughter who can't really afford a ticket, but we have persuaded my wife's work colleague to let us take her 12 year old to all the games with us. If I bought an ST, how could I possibly guarantee getting the adjoining seats for us? So as it stands we plan to go to every home game and some away as well as development games (christ it was windy down there today). I know it's better for the club if I buy a ST, but they will still get our money and more importantly, our support.

I've read a lot of great feedback from the ticket office. I'm sure they'd be happy to accommodate you or shift season ticket seats if you're willing to commit.

Bay Area Hibees
01-08-2015, 04:58 AM
I've read a lot of great feedback from the ticket office. I'm sure they'd be happy to accommodate you or shift season ticket seats if you're willing to commit.

Message is clear. It's our club. What we invest will be used and imo used wisely.

ive invested in hsl and though I'm in USA feel need to step up more and buy ST or part ticket, merchandise.

Would be be good to buy ticket and donate majority of tickets.

regardless we need to step up if we can.

GreenCastle
01-08-2015, 09:17 AM
I think that's what's got me inspired to get really involved again, there was never any question of not renewing the season ticket, but to get involved in trying to get more people back to watching the Hibs.

I think we have a great team in place at Hibs to actually take the club forward with a determination to get some actual success. I think the attitude has shifted from "let's break even, or see success as achieving within our limitations" to one that sees the people at the top of the club genuinely want to go after tangible success - and try and actually win stuff and achieve beyond our means.

For me, that's massive. I feel like the club has regained its identity and although we're not in the league we should be in, I have a club that I am proud of and that I can see getting better.

We are doing more in the community, reaching kids that couldn't normally go to games, trying to encourage people back, listening to fans and using the feedback to shape their actions.

Crucially, the board look like backing the manager as much as possible, and the refusal to go against his wishes with the Scott Allan transfer highlights just how serious they are.

For me, the board have done and are doing everything they possibly can to put things right for the fans and for the club, and I have no reservations in backing them 100% and encouraging others to do the same.

:agree:

The connection between club and fans is night and day compared to previous years.

Hopefully more sign up and play their part this season :aok:

PatHead
01-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Managed to drag 2 non attenders along today. Here is hoping they catch the bug again.

Mikey09
01-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Was at the game last week and going today. I will be a walk up this season as I work most weekends but intend to take half days from my holiday allocation to get along to games. I see a huge change in attitude from the club and they deserve as much support as possible. It's not much but it's all I can do.

GGTTH.

Keith_M
01-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Mrs Keekaboo just got one of the E-Mails and would like to complain about the emotional blackmail used.

She has also promised to buy a season Ticket, as soon as she wins the lottery

There, that's that done.

thebrighibs
01-08-2015, 07:50 PM
I must admit I was a touch surprised to get an email, since I am Season Ticket holder. Although I get the impression she and other are concerned about the lack of vibe at ER. Also as some have stated there might be an emphasis on wider supporter engagement and buying shares in the Club. The deadline for buying shares is the end of August.

bobbyhibs1983
01-08-2015, 08:15 PM
:agree:

The connection between club and fans is night and day compared to previous years.

Hopefully more sign up and play their part this season :aok:

I think i might be losing my marbles but for ME i dont feel that connection with hibs anymore.I regards hibs as my team so to speak, i like hibs to do well, i want the best for hibs, but a connection with them?i dont get it i suppose.Like i have said im one of a few whom did not recieve an email, my brother did not get one either, though he says he does not miss the games,
I do like reading hibs.net though, i sometimes imagen all the different kinds of characters so to speak,!