PDA

View Full Version : Time for all to calm down

InchHibby
31-07-2015, 07:14 AM
First of all, I agree totally with all posts regarding the Scott Allan debate and I also agree that The Rangers initial derisory offer was nothing more than a ploy to distract the player, something that both Glasgow clubs have done over the years and with more than a little help from the Glasgow media.
I can remember as far back when Colin Stein went to them for £100,000 and I remember saying then that he was definately tapped. And I believe all transfers between Hibernian and The Rangers have most probably been likewise.
However, we have to realise that this scenario won't change, not as long as they have assistance from both of the major papers which are not only printed in Glasgow, but riddled with ex players and supporters from both clubs.
I myself have done what is good for me and that is not to buy any of these rags.
Anyway, my point is that I think it's time we stopped putting blame on either Scott or his agent, although I do think his agent is the main culprit here, as this isn't the first time someone has pledged his allegiance to a club then a week later changed their mind.
I think if any one of us was in this similar position, the position being, the chance to play for your supported team and most likely to at least double or treble your wages, then we would probably make a similar decision.
I still think however, that the whole situation could have been handled better and the only side to come out of this with any credibility is Hibernian Football Club.
BUT it's now time for all Hibs fans to get over this, accept what has happened, move on from this as we now know he's not going anywhere near Ibrox this season, so let's support the team, him included.
Let's win this League with him in the team then he can go wherever he wants.

Billy McKirdy
31-07-2015, 07:28 AM
Couldn't agree more
:agree:

Ozyhibby
31-07-2015, 08:06 AM
First of all, I agree totally with all posts regarding the Scott Allan debate and I also agree that The Rangers initial derisory offer was nothing more than a ploy to distract the player, something that both Glasgow clubs have done over the years and with more than a little help from the Glasgow media.
I can remember as far back when Colin Stein went to them for £100,000 and I remember saying then that he was definately tapped. And I believe all transfers between Hibernian and The Rangers have most probably been likewise.
However, we have to realise that this scenario won't change, not as long as they have assistance from both of the major papers which are not only printed in Glasgow, but riddled with ex players and supporters from both clubs.
I myself have done what is good for me and that is not to buy any of these rags.
Anyway, my point is that I think it's time we stopped putting blame on either Scott or his agent, although I do think his agent is the main culprit here, as this isn't the first time someone has pledged his allegiance to a club then a week later changed their mind.
I think if any one of us was in this similar position, the position being, the chance to play for your supported team and most likely to at least double or treble your wages, then we would probably make a similar decision.
I still think however, that the whole situation could have been handled better and the only side to come out of this with any credibility is Hibernian Football Club.
BUT it's now time for all Hibs fans to get over this, accept what has happened, move on from this as we now know he's not going anywhere near Ibrox this season, so let's support the team, him included.

Totally agree, if he's staying then he needs our support to play well and we need him to play well.

Vini1875
31-07-2015, 08:13 AM
Absolutely. Alan Stubbs will need all his man management skills to get Scott firing on all cylinders for Hibs. If Scott Allan plays as he can do the fans will back him.

jacomo
31-07-2015, 08:23 AM
I'm happy to back SA for this season but I think he should find himself an agent who looks after his own interests instead of his own pocket.

Given his stop start career so far, it's unbelievable that the agent is willing to risk the players development at a time when he really has to be playing every week.

Forza Fred
31-07-2015, 08:55 AM
Couldn't agree more
:agree:

Me also, and have been posting for a while that we have allowed what is basically a transfer bid to destabilise our preparations.

Scott Allan is not the only player in Scotland who wishes he played for a club other than the one he is contracted to, but he just needs to get on with it like the others and play his best.

For our part we just need to accept that while we want him to do well in our colours, he will be off after this season.

But until he goes he's ours.

spike220
31-07-2015, 09:02 AM
http://cdn.vkool.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/how-to-calm-down.png

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2015, 09:29 AM
What concerns me, if he plays, makes a misplaced pass or mistimed tackle, will there be shouts from the Stands from some, telling him to go forth and multiply?

NAE NOOKIE
31-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Couldn't agree more.

Nobody apart from a few brainless idiots is blaming Scott Allan for wanting to play for the club he supports and for more money ... even if it is a club we all hate. When he pulls on that Green & White jersey he will get my full support ... even when the Hollywood passes don't come off.

What has caused all the trouble here is the disrespect to him as a player and us as a club by the frankly insulting offers made, and the fact that to add insult to injury they wanted to pay in instalments ....... Their attempts to lure him were so half hearted that its reasonable to come to the conclusion that the main aim was to unsettle him and disrupt us ... that's where the anger comes from.

If Scott can screw the nut for another 10 months and Fyvie, Bartley, Carmichael, Boyle him and McGinn can gel we could have a very good midfield and width too.

Time to look forward :flag:

JimBHibees
31-07-2015, 10:01 AM
What concerns me, if he plays, makes a misplaced pass or mistimed tackle, will there be shouts from the Stands from some, telling him to go forth and multiply?

I think as long as it is obvious he is trying then the fans will cut him some slack but as you say he needs to build some bridges with his performances. Fans do need to be mindful that abusing him is exactly what Rangers and his agent would want to happen.

Onion
31-07-2015, 10:18 AM

You're assuming the SA saga is over ? The west coat media have been given a bloody nose and don't take defeat lying down. The Huns will have enjoyed the chaos they caused at ER, without it costing them a penny. Agree, Hibs have handled things well but prepare for more shenanigans from the media, agent and Huns in the coming days & weeks.

SlickShoes
31-07-2015, 10:24 AM

There was plenty of it last year without him being interested in leaving anyway, as long as he is wearing a hibs top I'll back him until the day he leaves.

GreenCastle
31-07-2015, 10:34 AM
The saga is far from over...but from a Hibs point of view we have handled it well.

What the club and fans need to be prepared for..

1-we play them August 23rd, 1sr November and December 26th expect more media nonsense around these dates.

2 - January 2016 - he may sign a pre-contract with them..he may not..

3 - 5th March - final time we play Sevco..could be a vital game so again expect media nonsense.

For the time being we need Allan for us to win games and I expect him to play tomorrow and do that.

Weststandwanab
31-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Scott Allan is a Hibs player and therefore has my 100% support.

On top of that he is a cracking player and I hope he plays tomorrow

PISTOL1875
31-07-2015, 05:33 PM

i know for a fact Steven Whitaker was tapped.. Right down to wages , signing on fee and extras..

31-07-2015, 05:41 PM
I totally agree, time to get back to normality and put this saga to bed. The club have made it very clear what their stance is so if Allan has any sense at all he will just get his head down and focus on doing well with hibs.

Get my kill at hun fans who are giving it "rangers conducted themselves with dignity whilst hibs were classless etc etc". HA! Give me a break, rangers knew exactly what they were up to here and they knew exactly how to play this whole situation. They put in 2 pathetic offers and dragged out the saga (with help of the **** stirring hun media) as much as possible to try and unsettle the player and the club in the build up to a big season where hibs and rangers are going head to head.

Time to put this to bed and get back to normality starting tomorrow in the league cup.

31-07-2015, 05:42 PM
i know for a fact Steven Whitaker was tapped.. Right down to wages , signing on fee and extras..

The OF hold a lot of power and they are masters at manipulation. If they want something they know the right under hand tactics to use to get it.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-07-2015, 08:33 PM
When folks realise the power lies with us as to whether the media get to us or not we'll be in a better place.