PDA

View Full Version : The Great Hibs Quiz: Update and your thoughts needed

Lester B
30-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Posted about this a couple of weeks ago so a wee update for you all. And if you are wondering what I’m updating on: I’m planning a Hibs quiz for the Dnipro Kids charity

Had a very interesting meeting down at Easter Road yesterday morning. The club are interested in being part of this and in holding it at one of the suites after a home game. We still have to negotiate the details but that’s cool; part of my day job is negotiating. No date confirmed as yet but as soon as I know you will!

Just to recap though for latecomers; this quiz will be a few general knowledge warm ups to be followed by a quiz on all things Hibs from early days to current times; questions about Hibs greats, cult heroes, obscure facts, amazing trivia… The winning team will undoubtedly be venerated when glimpsed at games as renowned experts on the club and everything about it. Sound good to you?? :aok:

But before we get to those questions (and as mentioned previously I have some absolute belters lined up) some duller ones. You can answer on the thread or PM me. In due course I’ll be setting up an email address for all logistics, etc

If you are interested in putting together a team how big would your team be? Don’t need names, details yet. Personally I think 8 is the absolute maximum but much will be dependent upon seating arrangements so it might be 6. I know a few folks from supporters clubs have expressed an interest. Could these folks let me know if they are interested in sending a team or even 2 teams?

It’s going to a great night but one of the important things is we get some serious money for the charity so we would charge for entry. What’s reasonable? Fiver a head? £6.20? £7.00? There will be a raffle and spot prizes with a small charge per guess on a half time question so inclined to set the entry fee at a rate which is reasonable. We could set a minimum with the option to pay more? Let me know your thoughts, by PM if you prefer

If you are coming would you prefer to pay at the door or in advance? Can use both options if necessary.

Talking to club about them donating some prizes but do you think we need a trophy? If we do, can anyone think of someone suitable to present it?

Further thoughts, ideas and questions back to me are welcome.

Right that’s the dull questions done. The interesting ones will be on the night.

craigmounthibby
30-07-2015, 11:26 AM
Good effort, LB. I think £5 a head works and if logistics of paying in advance can be sorted, fine - otherwise pay on the night.

Numbers per table will depend on overall capacity, but max. of 6 per team makes sense. I'm sure I could get 1 or 2 teams together. Cheers.

Lester B
30-07-2015, 11:28 AM
Good effort, LB. I think £5 a head works and if logistics of paying in advance can be sorted, fine - otherwise pay on the night.

Numbers per table will depend on overall capacity, but max. of 6 per team makes sense. I'm sure I could get 1 or 2 teams together. Cheers.

Yeah I think 6 is best and the suite we are talking about takes 120 so that's 20 teams of 6. Seems logical but need to find out whether we can get 20 tables in the suite. Waiting for a reply on that.

Thanks for responding sir! :thumbsup:

ALF TUPPER
30-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Great idea LB. Sounds good so far.
I'm sure the West of Scotland folks can get a team together for this. :thumbsup:

worcesterhibby
30-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Why don't you call it :"The Fontaine of Knowledge" quiz and get a Framed signed shirt from Fonts as the prize

Lester B
30-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Great idea LB. Sounds good so far.
I'm sure the West of Scotland folks can get a team together for this. :thumbsup:

Great. Love the user name btw! Thanks for replying!!

Lester B
30-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Why don't you call it :"The Fontaine of Knowledge" quiz and get a Framed signed shirt from Fonts as the prize

Puntastic sir! One things for sure: I won't be saying 'hand it in' after each round when I want your answers. ;-)

fatbloke
30-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Great idea. How about £10 a head and a small teatime buffet provided by HFC. A raffle of Hibs stuff and donated prizes and Hibs quiz. No trophy - that will stop the glory hunters coming and keep it a fun night. Winning should be enough for all. Will defo put in a team. Canny wait. I used to help with Club86 quizzes years ago (quizmaster and compiler) and remember them as great nights iirc Lawrie Reilly's son's team always did very well and won on a few occasions. Go for it big time:thumbsup:

Lester B
30-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Great idea. How about £10 a head and a small teatime buffet provided by HFC. A raffle of Hibs stuff and donated prizes and Hibs quiz. No trophy - that will stop the glory hunters coming and keep it a fun night. Winning should be enough for all. Will defo put in a team. Canny wait. I used to help with Club86 quizzes years ago (quizmaster and compiler) and remember them as great nights iirc Lawrie Reilly's son's team always did very well and won on a few occasions. Go for it big time:thumbsup:

Interesting thoughts on no trophy. Glory hunters?? We can't ignore that the title of biggest Hibs geeks is a glorious title. :aok: :nerd:

You were a quizmaster and compiler?? Sounds like your lot could be favourites. Of course others may think differently!!

ancient hibee
30-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Make sure individuals can form teams on the night if unable to enter a team beforehand.

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Been to a couple of events where the top prize was raffled for a tenner entry, no raffle tickets required just write your name on a tenner and stick it in the bucket, if your tenner is drawn you're the winner. Maybe a bit rich for this event??

Lester B
30-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Make sure individuals can form teams on the night if unable to enter a team beforehand.

That's a really good idea. Nice one!!

Lester B
30-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Been to a couple of events where the top prize was raffled for a tenner entry, no raffle tickets required just write your name on a tenner and stick it in the bucket, if your tenner is drawn you're the winner. Maybe a bit rich for this event??

Probably not suitable for this night but I've done a few corporate gigs in my time where that would go down a storm.

CallumLaidlaw
01-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Sounds great. In pub discussing now, and we reckon we could put 1 if not 2 teams together.

Should get some Hibs legends involved and auction them off at the start to join your team 👍😂

£5 seems reasonable with other games/raffles having a a few charges.

oconnors_strip
01-08-2015, 12:25 PM
My supporters branch would put at least 1 team together

Frazerbob
01-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Make sure you have 1 or 2 spotters to deter any Google skulduggery......ask Hibs to turn off any wifi networks!

Since90+2
01-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Make sure you have 1 or 2 spotters to deter any Google skulduggery......ask Hibs to turn off any wifi networks!

Everyone has 4G these days :greengrin

Frazerbob
01-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Everyone has 4G these days :greengrin

That's why I suggested spotters.

Lester B
01-08-2015, 04:39 PM

In my experience the best spotters are other teams! And some of these questions would take a while to cross reference even with internet searches!!!