PDA

View Full Version : accountants?

steakbake
29-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Setting up on my own and I'm needing a bit of help getting my head around the accountancy side.

There's two main things:

i) how to manage the financial side of the business (invoicing, tax, VAT etc)

ii) registered office: registered at my current home address but plan is to work from overseas or at least not be bound by location: not just for lifestyle reasons but it may be important to be able to work in a specific place for a few peak months of the year. I know some companies offer registration for free. is there one in leith that does?

I've asked before a few years ago, but ended up not taking things forward. This time, I'm going to definitely go for
it. Any suggestions?

bigwheel
30-07-2015, 06:36 AM
Setting up on my own and I'm needing a bit of help getting my head around the accountancy side.

There's two main things:

i) how to manage the financial side of the business (invoicing, tax, VAT etc)

ii) registered office: registered at my current home address but plan is to work from overseas or at least not be bound by location: not just for lifestyle reasons but it may be important to be able to work in a specific place for a few peak months of the year. I know some companies offer registration for free. is there one in leith that does?

I've asked before a few years ago, but ended up not taking things forward. This time, I'm going to definitely go for
it. Any suggestions?

There are many who provide this service - I use a company called Beyond The Numbers, West End of Edinburgh - run byVal Wishart. I have found them excellent and prices reasonable. Also if it's just for an introductory chat, I'm sure they will help you get your head around these points.

Good luck! I did it a few years ago and never regretted it!

steakbake
30-07-2015, 08:54 AM
There are many who provide this service - I use a company called Beyond The Numbers, West End of Edinburgh - run byVal Wishart. I have found them excellent and prices reasonable. Also if it's just for an introductory chat, I'm sure they will help you get your head around these points.

Good luck! I did it a few years ago and never regretted it!

Thanks very much - that's brilliant. I've given them a call!

Onceinawhile
30-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Sent you a PM. Hopefully you got it.

TowerHibs
02-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Www.freeagent.com

heretoday
02-08-2015, 09:30 AM
There was a crowd caled Business Gateway about ten years ago who were helpful to me. Government funded I think. They ran courses and seminars about setting up in business.