PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT: SOCIAL MEDIA

RSS Bot
29-07-2015, 02:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5594)

hibee316
29-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Good to hear!

SlickShoes
29-07-2015, 02:43 PM
It's a shame that it even had to be said to be honest.

iwasthere1972
29-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Excellent. These people who post these horrible comments should be prosecuted. Glad the club have made a statement.

There are some things which are acceptable and some that aren't.

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Good to hear and I hope anyone that committed an offence in their Tweets, etc, is found and prosecuted.

:aok:

Gatecrasher
29-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Well done hibs, shame it needed to be said I'll n the first place

Bristolhibby
29-07-2015, 02:48 PM
Another clear, quick and concise statent from the board.

Bravo!

J

Libby Hibby
29-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Once again Hibs, you have shown your class

Billy Whizz
"our player"

hibeemikey21
Genuinely thought the first Allan statement was brilliant, but I hope this doesn't become a daily "hibs give themselves another pat on the back" announcement.

Gettin' Auld
29-07-2015, 02:55 PM
Genuinely thought the first Allan statement was brilliant, but I hope this doesn't become a daily "hibs give themselves another pat on the back" announcement.

I suppose that's one way to look at it.........

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 02:57 PM
.... "hibs give themselves another pat on the back" announcement.

Why would you describe it like that?

I didn't sense anything like that in their statement

:confused:

SaulGoodman
29-07-2015, 02:57 PM

If people could control what they put on the Internet and what they say to other people there would be no need for a statement.

hibeemikey21
29-07-2015, 03:19 PM
Why would you describe it like that?

I didn't sense anything like that in their statement

:confused:

I may be cynical, but I have a feeling the club have noted the response to their initial statement(s) and, all I'm saying, is that I hope they don't negate the impact of such statements by over-doing it.

As stated by an earlier poster, some things don't need to be said. You don't need to remind your fanbase to refrain from wishing worsened diabetes on one of your players over social media.

Lago
29-07-2015, 03:23 PM
I may be cynical, but I have a feeling the club have noted the response to their initial statement(s) and, all I'm saying, is that I hope they don't negate the impact of such statements by over-doing it.

As stated by an earlier poster, some things don't need to be said. You don't need to remind your fanbase to refrain from wishing worsened diabetes on one of your players over social media.
Totally disagree, in this case they most certainly do and if necessary ban them from ER!!

Pete
29-07-2015, 03:26 PM
I think this new era of regular communication is preferable to the old one where we were constantly left in the dark.

Pretty Boy
29-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Spot on from the club again.

Poor it came to this, I understand frustrations but we're all old enough to know better than to go wishing illness on people.

29-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Good to see the club coming out publicly and condemning the actions of a few utter morons. A few brainless idiots have embarrassed themselves and the club.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-07-2015, 03:46 PM
Good statement.
Hopefully the players have been told to stop fanning the flames on Twitter as well. Not helpful from them

Golden Bear
29-07-2015, 03:47 PM
If people could control what they put on the Internet and what they say to other people there would be no need for a statement.

Aye, exactly.

Every Club has its numpties and at least the statement shows that we're not in denial.

Unlike others.

Hibby Gav
29-07-2015, 04:10 PM
We have a fine honourable club...I have nothing but admiration for the way it has conducted itself over these issues...lets make sure we give it our full backing every minute of every game

Hibs class

ggtth

NAE NOOKIE
29-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Well done Hibs. Some folk have crossed the line in their abuse, they do themselves and Hibs no favours.

hibby19
29-07-2015, 04:24 PM
"our player"

Noticed this too. A gentle reminder that he is indeed still a Hibs player

Baldy Foghorn
29-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Well done Hibs, hope the people involved are carpeted and charged.........

Green Cabbage 7
29-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Great response from the club, whilst these things are annoying, there is no need for some of the horrific abuse!

Brooster
29-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Totally disagree, in this case they most certainly do and if necessary ban them from ER!!

I know what you are saying but in all probability I doubt they attend many games if any.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Any adult who posts messages online that they hope a football player and his family die and that the player's medical condition deteriorates, because they've handed in a transfer request and expressed a desire to leave a football club, really ought to seek professional help.

It's really sad that Hibs even had to think about coming out with such a statement.

O'Rourke3
29-07-2015, 08:18 PM

How often do others clubs support action like this? If The Rangers had done it it would be front page news for a week. Club finds itself in a media made media storm and handles it well. I'm pretty sure they'll look forward not to making daily statements.

dp00
29-07-2015, 09:47 PM
I want to see hibs track down every fan who left these vile messages and ban them from Easter road indefinitely .. Some of the stuff written was shocking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerard
29-07-2015, 09:54 PM
He is our player and the vile comments made about him are not acceptable and the people making them need to be punished.:wink:

The Leith Dutch
29-07-2015, 10:27 PM
If The Rangers had done it it would be front page news for a week.

Not of course that the rangers could do it.

If all their fans guilty of vile abuse were reported to the Police and prosecuted then they could replace the seating at Ibrokes with a park bench and a couple of scatter cushions and that would comfortably handle the remains of their support still at liberty......

The Harp Awakes
29-07-2015, 10:42 PM
Not of course that the rangers could do it.

If all their fans guilty of vile abuse were reported to the Police and prosecuted then they could replace the seating at Ibrokes with a park bench and a couple of scatter cushions and that would comfortably handle the remains of their support still at liberty......

I think the park bench would be empty. They only get away with it due to the hun media and the hun establishment.

AndyM_1875
30-07-2015, 07:54 AM
I think the park bench would be empty. They only get away with it due to the hun media and the hun establishment.

Bit of a lazy generalization there.

Media wise, the football sections of the Sun or Glasgow Evening Times are certainly pro-Rangers but that couldn't really be said or the Record which was banned by Rangers , the Scotsman or the Herald and in broadcast media the BBC Sports department is full of Celtic and Aberdeen types.

As for there being a "hun establishment" - Rangers haven't been the establishment club for many years. That goes back to the New Labour days where due to the climate of political correctness the Govan club's fans were seen as an anachronistic embarrassment and that was topped off by Manchester 2008 and the disgrace there.

Back to Hibs - I'm very proud of how the club has dealt with this.

stoneyburn hibs
30-07-2015, 07:59 AM
I don't have a Twitter account, but it surely can't be that difficult to trace those who have been sending the abuse ?

banarc7062
30-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Once again Hibs, you have shown your class

Backs up what Eddie Turnbull said...."theres class and theres class , then thers Hibs class. Being demonstrated by our Board constantly.

nellio
30-07-2015, 10:44 AM
Fair play to the club they are handling all this very well.