PDA

View Full Version : Restricting Hibs.Net access

Newcastlehibby
29-07-2015, 12:25 PM
I see that there are over 2000 'guests' using the site. The Bounce has restricted access to members only so that the press can't trawl through posts to invent stories. Might be a good idea on here as well for a while.

Wembley67
29-07-2015, 12:27 PM
I see that there are over 2000 'guests' using the site. The Bounce has restricted access to members only so that the press can't trawl through posts to invent stories. Might be a good idea on here as well for a while.

Who is to say a journalist isn't already a member, I know of at least one.

emerald green
29-07-2015, 12:32 PM
They don't have to trawl through .net to make up stories. It's never stopped some of them in the past. Step forward The Sun.

Hibernia&Alba
29-07-2015, 12:35 PM

Surely members of the press could simply join the forum??

BroxburnHibee
29-07-2015, 12:38 PM
I can think of 2 private members who are quite open about being journos.

bigwheel
29-07-2015, 12:38 PM
I can think of 2 private members who are quite open about being journos.

oh, are they - which ones are those (if they are open about it) ? :)

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Maybe we need a more rigorous procedure for becoming a member of DotNet. All new applicants could be asked:

1) Are you a Hibby
2) Are you a weaselly wee journalist looking for or willing to create negative press on our club

If they answer wrongly, just don't let them join

:wink:

Dan Sarf
29-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Maybe we need a more rigorous procedure for becoming a member of DotNet. All new applicants could be asked:

1) Are you a Hibby
2) Are you a weaselly wee journalist looking for or willing to create negative press on our club

:tee hee:

marinello59
29-07-2015, 01:02 PM

It certainly helps their servers cope when major talking points like the Scott Allan story are being discussed. :wink:
We have nothing to hide here, just Hibs fans talking freely about their club. No need to hide that away is there?

weecounty hibby
29-07-2015, 04:19 PM
I've been in France for the last two weeks and am not home until next Wednesday so am just catching up with what's been going on. The last place I would look for information or news, sporting or otherwise, would be the DR or Sun. You only need to look at their track records of made up stories to see that they have huge political or sporting agendas that they follow every time. Sporting wise they both kow tow to the OF and always will. Dwindling readerships that will continue to decline and they can't or won't see why. Comics the both of them

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2015, 04:21 PM

It makes the site money, so it's a win for the club. :greengrin

PeeJay
29-07-2015, 04:34 PM

1) Are you a Hibby

Eh, what if the person in question is a weasely, wee journalist who is also a Hibby? :rolleyes:

leggeto
29-07-2015, 05:10 PM
They don't have to trawl through .net to make up stories. It's never stopped some of them in the past. Step forward The Sun.

Yeah,my auld man hasn't bought a sun since the Hillsborough tragedy

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2015, 06:41 PM

:top marks

emerald green
29-07-2015, 06:45 PM

Well done to him. The Sun's so called coverage of that tragedy just sickened me. It beats me why so many people (particularly football fans) still buy it.

Tinribs
29-07-2015, 06:53 PM
:top marks

They definitely backed the wrong horse there, they thought people would want to blame the big bad football supporters so they made up some of the most odious lies that have ever been put into print. I did not buy their rag before that, and i would not even use it as arse paper now.

As for the original post, i think the currant buns just close their forum to reinforce their sense of superiority. As someone else said, we have nothing to hide here and ad-revenue increases with more activity. I must admit to using Chrome with adblock however, try visiting projectfreetv without it :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2015, 06:56 PM
They definitely backed the wrong horse there, they thought people would want to blame the big bad football supporters so they made up some of the most odious lies that have ever been put into print. I did not buy their rag before that, and i would not even use it as arse paper now.

As for the original post, i think the currant buns just close their forum to reinforce their sense of superiority. As someone else said, we have nothing to hide here and ad-revenue increases with more activity. I must admit to using Chrome with adblock however, try visiting projectfreetv without it :greengrin

The OP was referring to the Bounce.................do try and keep up :greengrin :wink:

Tinribs
29-07-2015, 07:00 PM
The OP was referring to the Bounce.................do try and keep up :greengrin :wink:

Ah damn, note to self "Read before engaging keyboard" :agree:

In that case, i would not accuse the Bounce of being full of self importance, all of the above still applies to Rangers/The Sun however.

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Ah damn, note to self "Read before engaging keyboard" :agree:

In that case, i would not accuse the Bounce of being full of self importance, all of the above still applies to Rangers/The Sun however.

:agree: Wouldn't buy it, read it or look at it online. I remember when we finally arrived back from Hillsborough as soon as we stepped off the coach we were approached by a reporter who was promptly told to GTF as no one wanted to speak, often wondered if he was from that rag as well. Apologies gone off topic of the thread, but couldn't help myself........................back on topic no need to restrict our access, nothing to hide.

mikewynne
29-07-2015, 07:14 PM

Web logging services habitually overestimate 'current' users so I'd very much doubt that there were anywhere near 2000 guests actively using the site.

BIGK
29-07-2015, 08:22 PM
:agree: Wouldn't buy it, read it or look at it online. I remember when we finally arrived back from Hillsborough as soon as we stepped off the coach we were approached by a reporter who was promptly told to GTF as no one wanted to speak, often wondered if he was from that rag as well. Apologies gone off topic of the thread, but couldn't help myself........................back on topic no need to restrict our access, nothing to hide.

You are right, got nothing to hide. Would also be very surprised if all the MSM were not also paying to see the private members board.

As an aside the Sun is best used as toilet paper as the most real football related thing in it is the football cartoon. Everything I hate most about people is encapsulated in that rag.

ancient hibee
29-07-2015, 08:36 PM

1) Are you a Hibby

So where will Hibby's go then?

I've got the first copy of the Sun which replaced the Daily Herald-a real Old Labourpaper.