PDA

View Full Version : Leeann Dempster & Alan Stubbs (+ his team)

madhatter
29-07-2015, 12:09 PM
Apologies if this doesn't warrant a thread of it's own but I thought it did.

Both have done a wonderful job changing what this club stands for and how it functions. Whatever comes from the Scott Allan fiasco, I'd much rather see these two stay for as long as possible than Scott Allan deciding he is happy to stay for year now.

Honesty and integrity are some of the best traits a person can have and both Leeann and Alan seem to have a capacity of saying it how it is and sticking to the words that have left their mouth.

These are the type of people who deserve our support. The club deserves our support now.

Well done Leeann, well done Alan, well done Hibs. Keep it up!

rodhibs55
29-07-2015, 12:12 PM

Both have done a wonderful job changing what this club stands for and how it functions. Whatever comes from the Scott Allan fiasco, I'd much rather see these two stay for as long as possible than Scott Allan deciding he is happy to stay for year now.

Honesty and integrity are some of the best traits a person can have and both Leeann and Alan seem to have a capacity of saying it how it is and sticking to the words that have left their mouth.

These are the type of people who deserve our support. The club deserves our support now.

Totally Agreed

29-07-2015, 12:20 PM

Good post and I agree with you 100%. Leanne and Alan have been a breath of fresh air. I'm very proud of how they (and whoever else at the club who is involved) has handled the Scott Allan situation. A very difficult position to be in and the media **** stirring certainly hasn't helped but we have shown that we will stand up to the OF and not be bullied. Leanne Dempster seems a strong, business woman - shes a woman surrounded by men in this industry so she's not gotten to the positions shes in by being nicey nicey. She wont be intimidated or bullied and thats exactly what hibs need and have needed for a long time!

The club have done everything right so far and deserve our 100% support. I'm not gonna let some ungrateful little brat of a football player damage the morale and all the good things that have been done in the past year since the arrival of Leanne and Alan Stubbs.

flash
29-07-2015, 12:21 PM
People need to make an effort to get along and support the club the way they have supported us the last few weeks.

DJ HIBBY
29-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Totally Agreed

Leeann I think has done a tremendous job so far and the PR coming from Hibs now is much more transparent and the atmosphere of the club has improved immensely. A proper structure now seems to be in place which will bode well for the future

Alan with the mess he inherited has also done very well building a new team. However, this is a big season and ultimately whether he has been successful or not will be judged at the end of this season. If we fail to get promoted either automatically or via playoffs, then I do think that questions will have to be asked and his position reviewed. He has had great backing from the board

29-07-2015, 12:30 PM
People need to make an effort to get along and support the club the way they have supported us the last few weeks.

Exactly

Hedlund12
29-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Great positive thread. I hope that the fans can somehow this Saturday -vocally? - show we are united in our support of Alan Stubbs, Leeann Dempster and our club. GGTTH

wookie70
29-07-2015, 03:14 PM
I would have Leeann make the half time draw on Saturday. It would be a good opportunity for us to show our support of the strong stance she has taken

matty_f
29-07-2015, 03:19 PM

I'm sure some will think I'm on commission but I couldn't agree more.

You submit cannot say that the current board and management team have not put the team at the top of their priority list.

Genuine ambition and an unwavering focus on doing right by the football club.

They deserve to be backed, not punished for the mistakes of their predecessors.

bigwheel
29-07-2015, 03:29 PM
I'm sure some will think I'm on commission but I couldn't agree more.

You submit cannot say that the current board and management team have not put the team at the top of their priority list.

Genuine ambition and an unwavering focus on doing right by the football club.

They deserve to be backed, not punished for the mistakes of their predecessors.

I agree with this in the main. Certainly the way they have handled the Allan situation is top class. I am q100% behind their actions - could not ask for anything more on this. There has been clear strides forward on communication amongst other key elements.

The jury is till a little bit out from me on a couple of big items. Firstly, we still don't have a squad capable of winning this league. Even without the Allan thing, we are at least 3 players (in my opinion) light. They need to help us in that area. I realise it's tight with our budget, but we need them to pull some things together to help us get the squad which can get us promoted.

Secondly Academy - I here mixed views (on here and outside) of the progress that is being made there.

These are two big topics that Leann and the team need to show for me to be fully satisfied with their priorities and actions..

overall though - night and day from a couple of years ago

matty_f
29-07-2015, 03:36 PM
I agree with this in the main. Certainly the way they have handled the Allan situation is top class. I am q100% behind their actions - could not ask for anything more on this. There has been clear strides forward on communication amongst other key elements.

The jury is till a little bit out from me on a couple of big items. Firstly, we still don't have a squad capable of winning this league. Even without the Allan thing, we are at least 3 players (in my opinion) light. They need to help us in that area. I realise it's tight with our budget, but we need them to pull some things together to help us get the squad which can get us promoted.

Secondly Academy - I here mixed views (on here and outside) of the progress that is being made there.

These are two big topics that Leann and the team need to show for me to be fully satisfied with their priorities and actions..

overall though - night and day from a couple of years ago

The could definitely deal with the first point if we had an extra couple of thousand season tickets.

As for the second, I think it will take a bit of time to see the benefits of any changes to the academy set up, but we will see them - they made radical changes (I believe) and they won't have got all of them right (either what they're doing or who is doing it) but the overall foundation that they're working from will prove itself, IMHO.

Ronniekirk
29-07-2015, 03:37 PM
I would have Leeann make the half time draw on Saturday. It would be a good opportunity for us to show our support of the strong stance she has taken

Good idea

IanM
29-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Made even better by the contract extensions today :)

bigwheel
29-07-2015, 03:40 PM
The could definitely deal with the first point if we had an extra couple of thousand season tickets.

As for the second, I think it will take a bit of time to see the benefits of any changes to the academy set up, but we will see them - they made radical changes (I believe) and they won't have got all of them right (either what they're doing or who is doing it) but the overall foundation that they're working from will prove itself, IMHO.

That would make a huge difference - without re-opening recent thread topics...it doesn't appear that is going to happen anytime soon..

I like the theme that a few have mentioned for people to find a way to back Hibs as much as they can - for me, I'm thinking of increasing my HSL contribution as direct result of the board's actions recently..

Perhaps if everyone could find a way of doing a little bit more (if they can), then the board will get a sense of the support from the fan base..

PathheadHibby
29-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Agree with all said. What a great opportunity we Hibbies all have to really galvanise, show loyalty, stick 2 fingers up to various groups and support our great club. Imagine the impact a big crowd on Saturday would make to so many things not least the feel good factor, the players, staff and board. The Hibs won't utilise this as any kind of PR tool, rightly so but all Hibbies can. So this to me is what fans forums are about.... I will be doing all I can to get as many along as possible, loyal or lapsed supporters. A massive opportunity.

Fergos
29-07-2015, 03:56 PM

Couldn't agree more...we have integrity led people in charge at the club who care and will not bow to unwanted pressure from elsewhere.

Time we all done our bit to show we appreciate it. All on the same side.

GGTTH

matty_f
29-07-2015, 06:55 PM
That would make a huge difference - without re-opening recent thread topics...it doesn't appear that is going to happen anytime soon..

I like the theme that a few have mentioned for people to find a way to back Hibs as much as they can - for me, I'm thinking of increasing my HSL contribution as direct result of the board's actions recently..

Perhaps if everyone could find a way of doing a little bit more (if they can), then the board will get a sense of the support from the fan base..

:thumbsup:

SquashedFrogg
29-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Leeann I think has done a tremendous job so far and the PR coming from Hibs now is much more transparent and the atmosphere of the club has improved immensely. A proper structure now seems to be in place which will bode well for the future

Alan with the mess he inherited has also done very well building a new team. However, this is a big season and ultimately whether he has been successful or not will be judged at the end of this season. If we fail to get promoted either automatically or via playoffs, then I do think that questions will have to be asked and his position reviewed. He has had great backing from the board

Great backing yes but financially, in relative terms, no he hasn't/isn't. We are not the highest payers in this league. We are not a club with the biggest resources or budget. So I for one will not ask for his position top be reviewed (as a fan) if we fail to get promoted.

This is a long term view for me. Yes, I want us to go up this year but I'm not prepared to sack everyone and start from scratch if we don't.

high bee
29-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Great backing yes but financially, in relative terms, no he hasn't/isn't. We are not the highest payers in this league. We are not a club with the biggest resources or budget. So I for one will not ask for his position top be reviewed (as a fan) if we fail to get promoted.

This.

People are too quick to forget the mess we were in last year only a few weeks before the season started. It will be 50/50 if we get automatic promotion or the playoffs then if it's the playoffs it's a 2 leg cup final.

I was proud to finish 2nd after the start we had and how we managed to peg them back, was gutted to lose the playoff but that wouldn't even compare to this season if we don't make it. I would view this season a a failure if we don't get promoted but not all failures deserve a sacking.

SquashedFrogg
29-07-2015, 07:16 PM
This.

Although failure is relative and not going up this season doesn't (in the grand scheme of things) mean failure).

Sometimes the greatest buildings take a little longer to build that expected. Sometimes the most amazing creations take a bit longer than expected.

People are too quick to forget the mess we were in last year only a few weeks before the season started. It will be 50/50 if we get automatic promotion or the playoffs then if it's the playoffs it's a 2 leg cup final.

I was proud to finish 2nd after the start we had and how we managed to peg them back, was gutted to lose the playoff but that wouldn't even compare to this season if we don't make it. I would view this season a a failure if we don't get promoted but not all failures deserve a sacking.

Totally 100% :agree:

Lets not forget where we've been. Lets take a medium/long term view on things and avoid 'instant sack mode - start from scratch'.

DJ HIBBY
30-07-2015, 09:34 AM
Totally 100% :agree:

Lets not forget where we've been. Lets take a medium/long term view on things and avoid 'instant sack mode - start from scratch'.

So you would accept a 3rd season in the 2nd tier of Scottish football??? :confused:

Financially he has been able to bring in above average premier league players such as Allan, Fyvie etc.

I have no doubt therefore that financially he has been backed very well as these players will be on good wages.

Sorry but unless we achieve promotion this year, serious questions have to be raised.

This isn't a slant on Stubbs, I do like him and he has been a breath of fresh air at Easter Road. However success is measured by results

JimBHibees
30-07-2015, 09:47 AM
So you would accept a 3rd season in the 2nd tier of Scottish football??? :confused:

Financially he has been able to bring in above average premier league players such as Allan, Fyvie etc.

I have no doubt therefore that financially he has been backed very well as these players will be on good wages.

Sorry but unless we achieve promotion this year, serious questions have to be raised.

This isn't a slant on Stubbs, I do like him and he has been a breath of fresh air at Easter Road. However success is measured by results

Agree to an extent however lets be clear Hibs could not have picked a worse time to get relegated. Last season a rejuvenated Hearts who had known they were in the league for 9 months previously and Rangers it was always going to be a big ask to get out given the total shambles as a club we were at that time. The play offs also showed how difficult it is for the Championship club to win. This season as Saturday showed is going to be very difficult also as Rangers now appear to have a manager who knows what he is doing.

Lets see where the season takes us however would agree certainly expected better than Saturday though injuries need to be taken into account along with the Allan sideshow.

banarc7062
30-07-2015, 09:49 AM

We should all stand behind them in their efforts to improve Hibs. GGTTH :flag: