PDA

View Full Version : Time to show some real grit and things could look very good in a few weeks

worcesterhibby
29-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Ok..all is not good right now. But I personally think we should be feeling very positive.

We have three very important games coming up with a weakened squad. Montrose, Dumbarton and Morton. The guys that are left standing who pull on the green (or purple) jersey for those games need to battle and fight and lift themselves and get us three wins. They are more than capable of it.

We will then be in a position to go and face Rangers at ibrox and show them that we will not fold again so easily. We need to go there and defend like Trojans and attack with pace and conviction. If we can get a result at ibrox (and I'd be more than happy with a draw over there) we can then push on with confidence and an ever increasing and talented squad, as players come back from injury.

If I was Alan Stubbs I would be getting the 15 first teamers who are still fit and still want to play for Hibs and telling them that it is there responsibility to get those three wins ahead of the ibrox game. Tell them he has faith in them and that he won't be risking other members of the squad until they are fully fit. Give them the responsibility. Personally I think it's a responsibility that the likes of Fontaine, Gray, Fyvie and Cummings will step up to and embrace.

Stand proud, stand tall, let your feet do the talking and wear our colours with pride. It is the difficult times that define us as men and women. Show the manager you are a winner, show your family you are a winner, show the supporters you are a winner and most of all..show yourself you are a winner.

GGTTH

Smartie
29-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Ok..all is not good right now. But I personally think we should be feeling very positive.

We have three very important games coming up with a weakened squad. Montrose, Dumbarton and Morton. The guys that are left standing who pull on the green (or purple) jersey for those games need to battle and fight and lift themselves and get us three wins. They are more than capable of it.

We will then be in a position to go and face Rangers at ibrox and show them that we will not fold again so easily. We need to go there and defend like Trojans and attack with pace and conviction. If we can get a result at ibrox (and I'd be more than happy with a draw over there) we can then push on with confidence and an ever increasing and talented squad, as players come back from injury.

If I was Alan Stubbs I would be getting the 15 first teamers who are still fit and still want to play for Hibs and telling them that it is there responsibility to get those three wins ahead of the ibrox game. Tell them he has faith in them and that he won't be risking other members of the squad until they are fully fit. Give them the responsibility. Personally I think it's a responsibility that the likes of Fontaine, Gray, Fyvie and Cummings will step up to and embrace.

Stand proud, stand tall, let your feet do the talking and wear our colours with pride. It is the difficult times that define us as men and women. Show the manager you are a winner, show your family you are a winner, show the supporters you are a winner and most of all..show yourself you are a winner.

GGTTH

That's more like it!!

:aok:

The_Exile
29-07-2015, 11:40 AM
In the words of the poet Rocky Balboa:

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!

GGTTH

:flag:

Hermit Crab
29-07-2015, 02:39 PM
The club is not in a bad way, one player wants away, big deal. I'm still behind Stubbs and the players.