PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: DUMBARTON V HIBERNIAN: TICKET INFORMATION

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
29-07-2015, 09:50 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5592)

liamh2202
29-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Looks good to me apart from new season ticket holders this year get no priority over general sale? Might not affect this game bit maybe something to look at for games with more available

Hibeesmad
29-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Ive got 378 points and still to get my Montrose ticket, I think I'll buy my ticket for this game along with the Montrose ticket on Friday

green&left
29-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Looks good to me apart from new season ticket holders this year get no priority over general sale? Might not affect this game bit maybe something to look at for games with more available

Don't think you'll get the required loyalty points without season tickets this season and last season so does essentially give you priority.

Pretty Boy
29-07-2015, 10:00 AM
376 for me.

Phew.

Hermit Crab
29-07-2015, 10:06 AM
388. Smug.

Hermit Crab
29-07-2015, 10:09 AM

If you had a ST last season and renewed then you get priority over people who just bought one this season as you'll have over 300 points. There's not really a general sale now. It's all points based starting from the highest then working down until all tickets are gone. I doubt very much there will be any tickets left come Saturday.

BoomtownHibees
29-07-2015, 10:10 AM
385. Easy :)

Andy74
29-07-2015, 10:16 AM
One small thing. For limited access games those with top priority just increase their priority. The rich get richer. 😉

liamh2202
29-07-2015, 10:16 AM
If you had a ST last season and renewed then you get priority over people who just bought one this season as you'll have over 300 points. There's not really a general sale now. It's all points based starting from the highest then working down until all tickets are gone. I doubt very much there will be any tickets left come Saturday.

Yeh but someone who has bought this year gets no priority over someone who hasn't bought one

iwasthere1972
29-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Only 360 but I'm not going.

Billy Whizz
29-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Really surprised at how low this has gone for 1st dibs, thought we would have had a lie more on 380 or so

lord bunberry
29-07-2015, 10:42 AM
Only 360 but I'm not going.
I'm the same. I had a look on the Dumbarton web site and they don't seem to be selling tickets, I might try and go in the home end if it's pay at the gate.

iwasthere1972
29-07-2015, 10:43 AM

That makes it more important for new season ticket holders to renew. :agree:

liamh2202
29-07-2015, 10:47 AM
That makes it more important for new season ticket holders to renew. :agree:

I think your missing my point. It means current st holders , who have only got one this year get no priority over joe public who has been to no games. Like I said for this game it doesn't matter because it won't get to that stage but say a ibrox fixture /cup tie etc I would like go think they would

Billy Whizz
29-07-2015, 11:05 AM
I'm the same. I had a look on the Dumbarton web site and they don't seem to be selling tickets, I might try and go in the home end if it's pay at the gate.

Started selling them last Monday

iwasthere1972
29-07-2015, 11:05 AM
I think your missing my point. It means current st holders , who have only got one this year get no priority over joe public who has been to no games. Like I said for this game it doesn't matter because it won't get to that stage but say a ibrox fixture /cup tie etc I would like go think they would

I see your point. :agree:

There will be 6,500 folk with more points than a new season ticket holder so unless we get a big allocation then they will be struggling to secure a ticket anyway.

lord bunberry
29-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Started selling them last Monday
I read that on here as well, but I can't see a way to buy them through their website.

GreenCastle
29-07-2015, 11:07 AM
I read that on here as well, but I can't see a way to buy them through their website.

Think you can buy in person only..

Billy Whizz
29-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Think you can buy in person only..

I think that's the only way

.Sean.
29-07-2015, 11:22 AM
On 363 the now, is it ten points ill get for the Montrose game if I buy now? That'll take me to 373 and should see me alright.

marinello59
29-07-2015, 11:24 AM
One small thing. For limited access games those with top priority just increase their priority. The rich get richer. 

That's why they have to be careful when they set the upper tier. They seem to have this one right though.

Billy Whizz
29-07-2015, 11:31 AM
On 363 the now, is it ten points ill get for the Montrose game if I buy now? That'll take me to 373 and should see me alright.

Buy it and check later on, think the system may update overnight though. Anyone know for certain

.Sean.
29-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Buy it and check later on, think the system may update overnight though. Anyone know for certain
Just ordered mate I'll keep an eye on it.

HH81
29-07-2015, 11:34 AM

You would think BF would but its a touchy subject at present. :-)

Billy Whizz
29-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Just ordered mate I'll keep an eye on it.

Give the TO a call and see what they say
0131 661 1875
Thinking out loud here, if 300 or so were to do the same today, might make a mockery of what was released today, so there's a chance that even if you add on, it might not take you upto the required level, get my point

liamh2202
29-07-2015, 11:43 AM
I might pop to the Dumbarton to later. Go undercover for this one

marinello59
29-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Give the TO a call and see what they say
0131 661 1875
Thinking out loud here, if 300 or so were to do the same today, might make a mockery of what was released today, so there's a chance that even if you add on, it might not take you upto the required level, get my point

They can't give some people loyalty points for the Montrose game and not others, that would make a mockery of the system. I think the vast majority of those in the top tier will already have their Montrose match tickets anyway.

lord bunberry
29-07-2015, 12:00 PM
I might pop to the Dumbarton to later. Go undercover for this one
Can you get me a couple while you're there :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
29-07-2015, 12:27 PM
One small thing. For limited access games those with top priority just increase their priority. The rich get richer. 

Is that not the whole point of a loyalty scheme, or do you suggest those with top priority should lose out?

SteveHFC
29-07-2015, 12:29 PM
376 for me.

Phew.

This :greengrin

DH1875
29-07-2015, 12:32 PM

They will get priority for a lot of other games including any cup semis or finals we get too. Will also get them priority if we end up in the playoffs.

Andy74
29-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Is that not the whole point of a loyalty scheme, or do you suggest those with top priority should lose out?

It wasn't a serious comment at all, however, my small point in there is that providing points as a reward for a game where there was only a small group eligible in the first place perpetuates the priority that group will be able to get.

So someone else might have been willing to go to game, and thus are loyal, but those points would never have been available to them to collect.

It is a slight difficulty in introducing the scheme at a certain point and then playing about with the rules a bit. Did everyone know at the point that points were available last year that it was likely that there would be a top tier like this at this stage? That wasn't clear - perhaps some would have bought away tickets in advance for example if those were the rules in place. The group who have got themselves in that position can now get more chance to stretch that.

Not a big deal but a little quirk in how it is operating.

lord bunberry
29-07-2015, 04:44 PM
It wasn't a serious comment at all, however, my small point in there is that providing points as a reward for a game where there was only a small group eligible in the first place perpetuates the priority that group will be able to get.

So someone else might have been willing to go to game, and thus are loyal, but those points would never have been available to them to collect.

It is a slight difficulty in introducing the scheme at a certain point and then playing about with the rules a bit. Did everyone know at the point that points were available last year that it was likely that there would be a top tier like this at this stage? That easn'r clear - the group who have got themselves in that position can now get more chance to stretch that.

Not a big deal but a little quirk in how it is operating.

Loyalty points shouldn't be awarded for this game.

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 04:46 PM

I think in Hibs case that's not going to be a major issue, as there are very few games where people will need the required points and others excluded, but it's actually a good point in regards to Loyalty Schemes in general.

A case in point is the Loyalty System for Scotland Games, where a few thousand people have been picking up massive numbers of points for years and there's very little chance of anyone else ever managing to break into this self-perpetuating 'loyal' fans group.

The thing is that no system is perfect and I think it's great that the Club actually listened to the Fans by both introducing this scheme and modifying it after feedback.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-07-2015, 04:49 PM

Indeed, its amazing folk dinnae seem to be able to come to terms with the word PRIORITY.

Andy74
29-07-2015, 04:51 PM

I think that is the way some loyalty award schemes would work - if the points aren't open to all you can't be awarded points. You get this game as a reward for previous loyalty - to also get the points others cannot achieve is doubling it up almost.

Small point I admit but it is valid, particulalry as the way the scheme would operate this year was not clear at the time the points began to be collected.

Andy74
29-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Indeed, its amazing folk dinnae seem to be able to come to terms with the word PRIORITY.

I presume you just aren't really getting the point made. I understand what priority means.

lord bunberry
29-07-2015, 04:56 PM
I think that is the way some loyalty award schemes would work - if the points aren't open to all you can't be awarded points. You get this game as a reward for previous loyalty - to also get the points others cannot achieve is doubling it up almost.

Small point I admit but it is valid, particulalry as the way the scheme would operate this year was not clear at the time the points began to be collected.

That's how I think it should work. Loyalty schemes should be there to reward loyalty, not to create an elite group. I think hibs have got it right in the way they're selling tickets for this game, but I don't think they should award more points.

Billy Whizz
29-07-2015, 05:01 PM
That's how I think it should work. Loyalty schemes should be there to reward loyalty, not to create an elite group. I think hibs have got it right in the way they're selling tickets for this game, but I don't think they should award more points.

Probably only 3/4 games this season where you will need loyalty points to get in, it's a shame we started away at a small ground, as lots of fans like to go to the opening game. Don't think we sold out our allocation the last time we went to Dumbarton though!

lord bunberry
29-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Probably only 3/4 games this season where you will need loyalty points to get in, it's a shame we started away at a small ground, as lots of fans like to go to the opening game. Don't think we sold out our allocation the last time we went to Dumbarton though!

Those 3 or 4 games are the reward for previous loyalty.

Hermit Crab
29-07-2015, 05:45 PM

Yes they should. If they were not awarded then you'd be on the same amount of points as someone who didn't go. Defeats the purpose of having the system.

Hermit Crab
29-07-2015, 05:49 PM

No we never Billy. We were 200 short of selling out 700 which is a disgrace to be honest. I still remember loads of fans travelling without tickets despite being told not to as no tickets were on sale at the ground, then the same fans moaning they couldn't get in. There was ample opportunity to buy tickets before hand.

Andy74
29-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Yes they should. If they were not awarded then you'd be on the same amount of points as someone who didn't go. Defeats the purpose of having the system.

Or maybe they wanted to but couldn't because the current points? They then miss out on those points to make the gap wider...

I get your point totally but as it stands I'm not sure people choosing whether or not to buy some advance tickets for away games at the end of last season would know that it would work this way if they wanted to go to Dumbarton. They now get to fall further behind.

lord bunberry
29-07-2015, 05:54 PM

But you're also moving further ahead of someone who does want to go but can't get a ticket. You're rightly being rewarded for your loyalty with the guarantee of a ticket for this game, which is what a loyalty system should do.

Hiber-nation
29-07-2015, 06:09 PM

Exactly. You don't have to go!!

Eyrie
29-07-2015, 06:27 PM
But you're also moving further ahead of someone who does want to go but can't get a ticket. You're rightly being rewarded for your loyalty with the guarantee of a ticket for this game, which is what a loyalty system should do.
No, a loyalty system should reward those who do go to the game.

Hermit Crab
29-07-2015, 06:31 PM

This was all explained by Hibs last season. People should be aware of how this system works to be honest.

3pm
29-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Unbelievable.

Hermit Crab
29-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Or maybe they wanted to but couldn't because the current points? They then miss out on those points to make the gap wider...

I get your point totally but as it stands I'm not sure people choosing whether or not to buy some advance tickets for away games at the end of last season would know that it would work this way if they wanted to go to Dumbarton. They now get to fall further behind.

Its up to each individual to get their points tally up to qualify them for every game they want to go to. There is nothing difficult about that.

Hibs explained all this last season when the system started up. Fans were all told about this so there really shouldn't be any complaining.

Hermit Crab
29-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Unbelievable.

What is?

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2015, 06:37 PM

I see where you are coming from but as you have said a loyalty scheme rewards loyalty, there will be some people who qualify but don't want to attend and therefore won't get points. Other folk who qualify and do attend therefore have to be rewarded otherwise the scheme is pointless.

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Unbelievable.

Jeff? :dunno:

Andy74
29-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Its up to each individual to get their points tally up to qualify them for every game they want to go to. There is nothing difficult about that.

Hibs explained all this last season when the system started up. Fans were all told about this so there really shouldn't be any complaining.

No they didn't really. up until the Rangers away game there was the genral expectation that season ticket holders would gnerally be in the top group and that the system was really to help walk ups get a level of priority.

It was the fairly unusual circumstance at Ibrox that encouraged more discussion about a top level of priority above that.

Hibs didn't clarify the rules until a few weeks ago.

As a season ticket holder and a renewer I don't think I was really aware i had to make extra effort to buy away tickets in advance to stand a chance of going to certain games. I'm a bit more aware now of how it has evolved.

In any case, that is different from the premise of someone who has received something under priority also getting priority points for that event. It's a fairly common dilema in loyalty type schemes and there is the option of saying that due to it not being open to many people the usual points you would get don't apply. Some aren't choosing not to go, they aren't getting the chance. That's fine for the tickets but the points could be worked to reflect games that are so limited.

SneakersO'Toole
29-07-2015, 06:43 PM

They also said the points would be reset and they haven't. The system broadly speaking is fair but it should have been a blank canvass from the start of this season.

lord bunberry
29-07-2015, 06:48 PM
I see where you are coming from but as you have said a loyalty scheme rewards loyalty, there will be some people who qualify but don't want to attend and therefore won't get points. Other folk who qualify and do attend therefore have to be rewarded otherwise the scheme is pointless.
I agree I'm only pointing out that there's a slight flaw in the system. I can't understand that people can't see that.
No system is going to be perfect I suppose.

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2015, 06:52 PM
I agree I'm only pointing out that there's a slight flaw in the system. I can't understand that people can't see that.
No system is going to be perfect I suppose.

:thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
29-07-2015, 08:05 PM
They also said the points would be reset and they haven't. The system broadly speaking is fair but it should have been a blank canvass from the start of this season.

So someone who goes every week, should be reset, to be on the same as a first time ST holder? I'm out after this, some are being deliberately obtuse IMO.

Only on here, can some not be happy with a LOYALTY points system, which tries to cater for all supporter's, ie walk up, ST holders, away games....

Brooster
29-07-2015, 08:46 PM
Are folk (folk with not enough points presumably) seriously complaining about the most loyal fans getting loyalty points for this match? Wow.

SneakersO'Toole
29-07-2015, 09:02 PM
So someone who goes every week, should be reset, to be on the same as a first time ST holder? I'm out after this, some are being deliberately obtuse IMO.

Only on here, can some not be happy with a LOYALTY points system, which tries to cater for all supporter's, ie walk up, ST holders, away games....

Did I say those words BF or make any reference to a new ST holder?

The club said at the start of the process they would reset the points at the start of this season. They have backtracked on this, presumably on the advise of the loyalty points committee. The system had teething problems last season, I think everyone could admit that. It should not have been introduced mid-way through a season. IMO, it is unfair to carry over points from last season that were accrued using a self-admitted flawed system. It would have been fair on the ENTIRE support to state that the the new system represents the fairest way to reward loyalty (which I have admitted it does) and that everything kicks off now as originally stipulated to the support.

Those getting their knickers in a twist about not being rewarded for last seasons attendance are being somewhat picky I feel. We have waited how long for a system so to complain about not even 5 months worth of loyalty which in turn has inevitably changed the goalposts for the entire support is not IMO, the way it should have implemented.

I'm not looking for an argument here btw or being deliberately challenging. The message from the start was clear - the loyalty points will begin in earnest this season. It should have stayed that way. That would have been the fairest way to start what is a good thing for the support and those who are most loyal.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2015, 09:08 PM
388. Smug.

I'm struggling to think on what game I didn't attend since the loyalty scheme was implemented, as I only have 385 points. :confused:

Am I right in saying the first match it was used was the Berwick Rangers cup game?

If so, I've just checked our fixture list from last season and I'm pretty sure I attended every match from then until the end of the season.

ronaldo7
29-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Are folk (folk with not enough points presumably) seriously complaining about the most loyal fans getting loyalty points for this match? Wow.

I think that "Most Loyal" comment might just get a bite.:wink:

iwasthere1972
29-07-2015, 09:11 PM
I'm struggling to think on what game I didn't attend since the loyalty scheme was implemented, as I only have 385 points. :confused:

Am I right in saying the first match it was used was the Berwick Rangers cup game?

If so, I've just checked our fixture list from last season and I'm pretty sure I attended every match from then until the end of the season.

Check what matches you've been awarded points for. You should also be able to see what matches you've been too which were bought with your season ticket. Should all be in your history.

PatHead
29-07-2015, 09:18 PM

Jf you go into your account history and click on loyalty points it tells you for which games you got points.

marinello59
29-07-2015, 09:24 PM

I think the point is that if the difference in being able to attend a game with a crowd limit like this is the points for attending a similar match then it would prove impossible for some to ever reach the maximum points level. (That does make sense to me.:greengrin)
In order to counteract that then the club could decide that matches like this are a reward for loyalty in itself and so should not gain points. That does some reasonable. They could also award points but open up the spread of points in the top tier just a little more. I don't think any of those solutions would make a difference to those of us lucky enough to be on the upper priority groups as it would not involve that many fans. Things like this will probably be addressed by the fine tuning over the coming season anyway.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Check what matches you've been awarded points for. You should also be able to see what matches you've been too which were bought with your season ticket. Should all be in your history.

Jf you go into your account history and click on loyalty points it tells you for which games you got points.

Yeah I know.

I've just done that and I still can't figure it out where I've lost out on three points.

It would be good to hear from Hermit Crab to see how he's got to the 388 mark so I can compare notes.

It's not a huge problem in the grand scheme of things as I'm still going to be in the top bracket but it's slightly annoying!

Andy74
29-07-2015, 09:29 PM

We are all aware you go to every game and that you should be top priority.

There are some valid discussions being had though on how it works in practice for the rest of us.

You can write LOYALTY in big letters as often as you wish. How does one show loyalty for this match if you aren't eligible to attend?

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2015, 09:45 PM
At least we genuinely now have an uberfan status that is real :-)

Andy74
29-07-2015, 10:24 PM
At least we genuinely now have an uberfan status that is real :-)

Real and measurable, sort of :greengrin

green&left
30-07-2015, 08:08 AM
People getting a bit excited here for nothing really. Last season despite the close proximity of all games and 3pm Saturday kick-offs our support was often quite poor. The only games we sold out were the two league games at Ibrox and Tynie (?) both that went to public sale. The only real struggle was the play-offs.

You'll get a ticket for EVERY match bar this one as its the first game of the season, even Ibrox on the 23rd won't be anything like the play-off demand (12.30pm Sky Sunday kick-off will probably see to that).

Chuck Rhoades
30-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Is there a time today they go on sale? Cannot see the match online and I have enough points. Cannot see any time mentioned on the club statement.

Billy Whizz
30-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Is there a time today they go on sale? Cannot see the match online and I have enough points. Cannot see any time mentioned on the club statement.

10am

Keith_M
30-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Wouldn't it be funny, after all this loyalty points talk and worries about folk missing out, if we didn't actually sell all our tickets anyway.

:greengrin

SteveHFC
30-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Anyone having issues with the ticket website.

Siralbertkidd
30-07-2015, 09:06 AM

Yes, it says site is down for maintenance

SteveHFC
30-07-2015, 09:09 AM

Fortress money error :confused:

Iggy Pope
30-07-2015, 09:11 AM
I was, but if you're patient you get there in the end.......

Siralbertkidd
30-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Fortress money error :confused:

wont let me assign ticket now, going to be a long process, a real test of loyalty!

BS44
30-07-2015, 09:12 AM

I have logged in no problem but there is no Dumbarton tickets up yet, just this Saturday's game against Montrose.

SteveHFC
30-07-2015, 09:14 AM
wont let me assign ticket now, going to be a long process, a real test of loyalty!

Same issue here.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2015, 09:16 AM

Yep.

A message about 'Fortress Money' keeps displaying when I try to proceed to checkout.

SteveHFC
30-07-2015, 09:18 AM
Yep.

A message about 'Fortress Money' keeps displaying when I try to proceed to checkout.

If we both miss out on tickets i'll be pretty annoyed.

DarrenSQH
30-07-2015, 09:19 AM
I cant get the ticket site to work as i cant assign the extra ones under other peoples names even though i know they have enough points.

Siralbertkidd
30-07-2015, 09:20 AM
If we both miss out on tickets i'll be pretty annoyed.

tried to phone ticket office, but its obviously clogged up and so just hangs up on me. because of my loyalty i am blaming ticketmaster and not hibs :greengrin

andrew70
30-07-2015, 09:22 AM
All joking aside how hard can it be for ticketmaster to get this running correctly.

There seems to be issues on their part every single time.

CallumLaidlaw
30-07-2015, 09:23 AM
The online site lets me assign the first 2 people, but when I'm trying to assign a 3rd, I'm getting an error message. Tried calling Ticketmaster but they are having the same issue, so trying to get through to the ticket office now but its busy

Siralbertkidd
30-07-2015, 09:24 AM
All joking aside how hard can it be for ticketmaster to get this running correctly.

someone must be getting it to work, because it has moved from row L to row M for tickets now

Siralbertkidd
30-07-2015, 09:29 AM
getting pissed off now, there are only 400 tickets to sell ffs, why have i had to make six phone calls and be online for half an hour :confused:

Pretty Boy
30-07-2015, 09:29 AM

Every time there is a demand for a game this happens. I don't blame Hibs at all, Ticketmaster are to blame here.

SteveHFC
30-07-2015, 09:32 AM
getting pissed off now, there are only 400 tickets to sell ffs, why have i had to make six phone calls and be online for half an hour :confused:

This. Shambles.

SteveHFC
30-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Now down to Row J.

andrew70
30-07-2015, 09:37 AM
Every time there is a demand for a game this happens. I don't blame Hibs at all, Ticketmaster are to blame here.

Nor was I mate. Ticketmaster are unbelievably poor considering the years they've been doing this and they can't even get it right for what it is, in comparison, a small amount of customers.

marinello59
30-07-2015, 09:41 AM
The online site lets me assign the first 2 people, but when I'm trying to assign a 3rd, I'm getting an error message. Tried calling Ticketmaster but they are having the same issue, so trying to get through to the ticket office now but its busy

That's what's happening with me. No panic because there are more tickets than there are people eligible today but it's certainly a pain in the backside.

CallumLaidlaw
30-07-2015, 09:43 AM
That's what's happening with me. No panic because there are more tickets than there are people eligible today but it's certainly a pain in the backside.

yeah, exactly my feelings. No rush, but I' rather have spent 2 minutes booking them than the 40 I've wasted so far. Think I'll leave it an hour then try again.

TamHibs
30-07-2015, 09:51 AM

I'm trying to get 4, like you it's allowing me to assign 3 but on the 4th I get the error message. At least we don't need to worry it'll sell out today....

BoomtownHibees
30-07-2015, 09:55 AM
I'm trying to get 4, like you it's allowing me to assign 3 but on the 4th I get the error message. At least we don't need to worry it'll sell out today....

Got round that by adding an extra ticket and then assigning folk to the ones I need then deleting the extra

No luck, now getting some error message about Fortress Money

SteveHFC
30-07-2015, 09:57 AM
Give up. Will try again in a while.

DarrenSQH
30-07-2015, 09:57 AM
Yeah im now getting a message about fortress money too

marinello59
30-07-2015, 10:01 AM
Got round that by adding an extra ticket and then assigning folk to the ones I need then deleting the extra

No luck, now getting some error message about Fortress Money

I did the same with the same result. This is getting bloody silly now.

BoomtownHibees
30-07-2015, 10:27 AM
I did the same with the same result. This is getting bloody silly now.

Tried doing it on the phone and he got the same error message. He contacted Hibs directly who advised they are having the same issues in the ticket office. No ETA for being resolved either

Although the statement released says they can still be booked through the ticket office direct

Siralbertkidd
30-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Mght be quicker bloody driving in to ticket office. Anyone been there and been served? :confused:

theonlywayisup
30-07-2015, 10:35 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5596

Supporters are asked to note that we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our online ticket sales. This is impacting ticket sales on our eTicketing website and the Ticketmaster call centre.
Our partners are looking into the issue and we hope to have a resolution as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Supporters can still purchase tickets at the Hibernian Ticket Office or by calling 0844 844 1875 option 2.
Thank you for your understanding, we will update as soon as we can.

SteveHFC
30-07-2015, 10:35 AM
Mght be quicker bloody driving in to ticket office. Anyone been there and been served? :confused:

Gonna phone up the now. :aok:

BoomtownHibees
30-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Just done it online and it worked

Siralbertkidd
30-07-2015, 10:40 AM
Just done it online and it worked

yep, at last. Beats queing though eh.

SteveHFC
30-07-2015, 10:42 AM
yep, at last. Beats queing though eh.

3 tickets ordered.

Thank **** for that. :greengrin

marinello59
30-07-2015, 11:02 AM
Sorted. :greengrin

AlanRuff
30-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Myself and the gf have been to the same number of away games last season as each other and have both had season tickets for last season and this season and I have enough points to qualify for a ticket yet she is 40 points short. She was at the ticket office at half 9 this morning and managed to get mine fine but she now prob won't be able to get one. Shambles.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Finally sorted. Happy days :aok:

Albanian Hibs
30-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Got my ticket 😀

.Sean.
30-07-2015, 12:09 PM
The points threshold for buying Dumbarton tickets is meant to be 374, I went to check my points from buying my Montrose ticket yesterday were added which they were, taking me to 373.

Noticed for some reason it said I was eligible to buy a Dumbrton ticket today although I was a point short??

Bought it anyway, all been confirmed. Balls up by Ticketmaster?

Siralbertkidd
30-07-2015, 12:35 PM
The points threshold for buying Dumbarton tickets is meant to be 374, I went to check my points from buying my Montrose ticket yesterday were added which they were, taking me to 373.

Noticed for some reason it said I was eligible to buy a Dumbrton ticket today although I was a point short??

Afraid so, could you return it please?

Hermit Crab
30-07-2015, 12:36 PM

Hibs can stop it getting sent though.

DarrenSQH
30-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Bought mine now. all worked fine. Row H

southern hibby
30-07-2015, 12:47 PM

Why should I loose out on any Hibs games when I go to them all. No disrespect to anyone, BUT why should I struggle to get a ticket for any game I want to go to because someone who picks and chooses his / her games stops someone getting a ticket who goes to all the games.
Last year I took a female to both Trfc games at ibrox as tickets were easy enough to get. However in the playoffs every man and his dog wanted a ticket.
If fans can't be bothered going to the normal Bread and butter games why should they think they have a right to go to a special game before fans who have travelled the length and breadth of the country supporting the team.
Also can I say if people pick and choose games because of money / work issues I genuinely feel for them.

GGTTH

SteveHFC
30-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Why should I loose out on any Hibs games when I go to them all. No disrespect to anyone, BUT why should I struggle to get a ticket for any game I want to go to because someone who picks and chooses his / her games stops someone getting a ticket who goes to all the games.
Last year I took a female to both Trfc games at ibrox as tickets were easy enough to get. However in the playoffs every man and his dog wanted a ticket.
If fans can't be bothered going to the normal Bread and butter games why should they think they have a right to go to a special game before fans who have travelled the length and breadth of the country supporting the team.
Also can I say if people pick and choose games because of money / work issues I genuinely feel for them.

GGTTH
:top marks

marinello59
30-07-2015, 01:03 PM

GGTTH

I don't think that's what Lord B is saying at all. Is he? I attempted to see the other side of this in post 65 and even though I have a ticket for this match I can see the merit and fairness in not giving out loyalty points for it.

southern hibby
30-07-2015, 01:07 PM
I don't think that's what Lord B is saying at all. Is he? I attempted to see the other side of this in post 65 and even though I have a ticket for this match I can see the merit and fairness in not giving out loyalty points for it.

Then if I've got the wrong end of the stick I apologise.
GGTTH

lord bunberry
30-07-2015, 01:08 PM

GGTTH
I stopped reading half way through mate, you've spectacularly missed the point and I'm bored of repeating myself.

southern hibby
30-07-2015, 01:17 PM
I stopped reading half way through mate, you've spectacularly missed the point and I'm bored of repeating myself.

And you've obviously not read me apologising in my last post.

GGTTH

lord bunberry
30-07-2015, 01:24 PM
And you've obviously not read me apologising in my last post.

GGTTH
I was typing my reply at the time :greengrin

southern hibby
30-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Well I learned a lesson read what someone has posted not what I think they've posted and once again sorry old chap

GGTTH

lord bunberry
30-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Well I learned a lesson read what someone has posted not what I think they've posted and once again sorry old chap

GGTTH
I do it all the time :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
30-07-2015, 02:41 PM

You might not get it sent by Hibs. Strangely enough when I phoned this morning he said "I can see you have got enough loyalty points but do you know if the other party has as I can't check that." I obviously replied yes because he has but thought it was a bit strange. It's maybe left up to Hibs to then check the orders before sending the tickets out.

liamh2202
30-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Does anyone want the loyalty points and could get me 1 adult and 1 child . home fixture for me and come up short on points

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Does anyone want the loyalty points and could get me 1 adult and 1 child . home fixture for me and come up short on points

This shouldn't be allowed..........

liamh2202
30-07-2015, 06:16 PM

Because it doesn't suit? I'll get them either way either off here or through mates. Happens in every scheme by the way . ;)

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Because it doesn't suit? I'll get them either way either off here or through mates. Happens in every scheme by the way . ;)

Kind of makes a mockery of the loyalty system don't you think.

liamh2202
30-07-2015, 06:22 PM

So does being punished for not being able to get tickets even though you want them... I.e people who want tickets for this but fall further behind because the supply can't meet the demand. But you are OK with that because it suits you. Sometimes you just need to play the game ;)

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2015, 06:23 PM
So does being punished for not being able to get tickets even though you want them... I.e people who want tickets for this but fall further behind because the supply can't meet the demand. But you are OK with that because it suits you. Sometimes you just need to play the game ;)

Play the game? OK whatever game that is....Punished? Jeezo

liamh2202
30-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Play the game? OK whatever game that is....Punished? Jeezo

Yeh each to their own buddy :) like I said you defend anything that suits your situation and rubbish anything else

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2015, 06:26 PM
Yeh each to their own buddy :) like I said you defend anything that suits your situation and rubbish anything else

My situation is I have earned my points, not needing to borrow anyone else's. OK:aok:

lord bunberry
30-07-2015, 06:28 PM

Should buying tickets but not going to the game to get loyalty points be allowed?

liamh2202
30-07-2015, 06:28 PM
My situation is I have earned my points, not needing to borrow anyone else's. OK:aok:

Good for you uberfan ;) I spent the majority of the last two years defending my country so a walkup was all I could manage ;)

Sir David Gray
30-07-2015, 06:29 PM

Don't really see the problem.

What if someone bought two tickets today but suddenly realised they can't go?

I don't see anything wrong with selling them on to a fellow fan at face value.

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Good for you uberfan ;) I spent the majority of the last two years defending my country so a walkup was all I could manage ;)

Uberfan....:faf::faf:

marinello59
30-07-2015, 06:30 PM

What's your job got to do with it?

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2015, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=HH81;4427623]BF getting involved in a loyalty thread again. Maybe it should be locked before he get stressed :-)[/QUOTE

What is your problem?

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Don't really see the problem.

What if someone bought two tickets today but suddenly realised they can't go?

I don't see anything wrong with selling them on to a fellow fan at face value.

What if someone in second bracket loses out to someone who never goes? Is that fair?

Hermit Crab
30-07-2015, 06:33 PM

To be fair that was your choice to sign up. Not having a dig but most of us have jobs too.

HH81
30-07-2015, 06:34 PM
He's right though.

Not convinced.

liamh2202
30-07-2015, 06:34 PM
What's your job for to do with it?

The reason why I never 'earned' as many points as I may have. Nothing more or less. Didn't mean to start a massive debate. Its something that widely happens on the ta boards . if its not accepted on .net that's fine. Thought I'd give it a try though

Hermit Crab
30-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Not convinced.

What are you not convinced about? He's right when he says that someone who has not got the specific privileges to purchase a ticket should be able to come on here and get someone to get him one or two. That means someone else would miss out further down the line.

Blaster
30-07-2015, 06:37 PM
What if someone in second bracket loses out to someone who never goes? Is that fair?

It's life BF. I fell under the points threshold and cannot go anyway but if I did have enough points and one of my mates wanted to go I would have got it for him. It happens and for me it would be my prerogative

Hermit Crab
30-07-2015, 06:39 PM
It's life BF. I fell under the points threshold and cannot go anyway but if I did have enough points and one of my mates wanted to go I would have got it for him. It happens and for me it would be my prerogative

Yes, but you wouldn't come on here and tell everyone would you?

HH81
30-07-2015, 06:39 PM
What are you not convinced about? He's right when he says that someone who has not got the specific privileges to purchase a ticket should be able to come on here and get someone to get him one or two. That means someone else would miss out further down the line.

You can't tell people what to do though. If someone with enough points get their mates a ticket it has nothing to do with anyone else. They have earned the right to do what they want.

Hermit Crab
30-07-2015, 06:40 PM
You can't tell people what to do though. If someone with enough points get their mates a ticket it has nothing to do with anyone else. They have earned the right to do what they want.

Yes but thats done under the radar, they wouldn't come on here and blab about it would they because that would cause trouble.

Blaster
30-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Yes, but you wouldn't come on here and tell everyone would you?

Definitely not mate and also wouldn't give it to just anyone. But I am sure most on here have done it for a mate or family at some point cup semis etc

BoomtownHibees
30-07-2015, 06:41 PM
The reason why I never 'earned' as many points as I may have. Nothing more or less. Didn't mean to start a massive debate. Its something that widely happens on the ta boards . if its not accepted on .net that's fine. Thought I'd give it a try though

So you couldn't go as much as you wasted due to your work, regardless of that is an office job or any other career? That's pretty hard lines in my eyes. A loyalty scheme is there to reward loyalty.

FWIW I see no issue in someone buying a ticket that can and giving it to you

Pretty Boy
30-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Guys we don't need another ticket thread descending into arguments and borderline personal digs.

There's an issue to be debated here but can we keep it respectful and sensoble please.

Hermit Crab
30-07-2015, 06:42 PM
So you couldn't go as much as you wasted due to your work, regardless of that is an office job or any other career? That's pretty hard lines in my eyes. A loyalty scheme is there to reward loyalty.

FWIW I see no issue in someone buying a ticket that can and giving it to you

Nor do I, just don't post it here, it will cause arguments.

BoomtownHibees
30-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Nor do I, just don't post it here, it will cause arguments.

Agreed

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Guys we don't need another ticket thread descending into arguments and borderline personal digs.

There's an issue to be debated here but can we keep it respectful and sensoble please.

It's something that can't really be managed by the Club, one of the nuances of the system, doesn't make it right though.....

liamh2202
30-07-2015, 06:44 PM
I only asked because the mates I have asked so far are all going.. If push comes to shove I will get a home end ticket but would rather the wee man was in signing with the hibbys than in the home end.

HH81
30-07-2015, 06:46 PM
Yes but thats done under the radar, they wouldn't come on here and blab about it would they because that would cause trouble.

I only see someone asking a question. If the guy gets lucky I am sure it will be done through pm or whatever.

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2015, 07:45 PM
No difference to someone getting a cup final ticket for a friend who never goes when a regular walk up can't get one. Happens in every scheme when demand is high, can't believe the strife this question has caused.

Andy74
30-07-2015, 08:14 PM
I would also assume some of those who have earned points already also on occasion had someone in a group collect tickets for them. Not really much difference. Others couldn't or don't live in town and pay at the gate. The scheme isn't perfect at rewarding loyalty so let's not get all high and mighty about who has what and what that entities you to.

Billy Whizz
30-07-2015, 08:17 PM
I would also assume some of those who have earned points already also on occasion had someone in a group collect tickets for them. Not really much difference. Others couldn't or don't live in town and pay at the gate. The scheme isn't perfect at rewarding loyalty so let's not get all high and mighty about who has what and what that entities you to.
Did you get your tickets today Andy

BoomtownHibees
30-07-2015, 08:18 PM

So you don't want points awarded if the person doesn't pick up their own ticket?? Have I read that right?

Andy74
30-07-2015, 08:24 PM
So you don't want points awarded if the person doesn't pick up their own ticket?? Have I read that right?

That's not what I'm saying. It's more the attitude some are now showing about what the points illustrate. That's not quite the case so some toning down of the language around what type of fans people are and what they deserve would be useful.

Just for example someone who lived close to ER and picked up tickets for away games will have more points than those who went to the same games but paid at the gate.

For this game it's doubled up because no points are available for people down the list.

There are nuances to the scheme that need appreciated. Just banging on about rewarding loyalty isn't helpful.

Andy74
30-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Did you get your tickets today Andy

No Im not here for it so my angle on this one is more just the principle of how it can operate differently for people.

B.H.F.C
30-07-2015, 08:26 PM
That's not what I'm saying. It's more the attitude some are now showing about what the points illustrate. That's not quite the case so some toning down of the language around what type of fans people are and what they deserve would be useful.

Just for example someone who lived close to ER and picked up tickets for away games will have more points than those who went to the same games but paid at the gate.

For this game it's doubled up because no points are available for people down the list.

There are nuances to the scheme that need appreciated. Just banging on about rewarding loyalty isn't helpful.

Could always get your ticket posted out in advance and get the points?

Billy Whizz
30-07-2015, 08:33 PM
No Im not here for it so my angle on this one is more just the principle of how it can operate differently for people.

As I've said on this and every other loyalty thread, is its a shame we got our 1st League game at such a small ground and a low allocation. Think the scheme at least makes sure that "most" of the fans that go regularly will get a ticket. I'm sure you can't disagree with that?

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2015, 08:40 PM
As I've said on this and every other loyalty thread, is its a shame we got our 1st League game at such a small ground and a low allocation. Think the scheme at least makes sure that "most" of the fans that go regularly will get a ticket. I'm sure you can't disagree with that?

It makes perfect sense to me however if someone wishes to help someone else out and get them a ticket I don't really see the problem either.

Billy Whizz
30-07-2015, 08:49 PM
It makes perfect sense to me however if someone wishes to help someone else out and get them a ticket I don't really see the problem either.

Are you after one😀

Sir David Gray
30-07-2015, 08:53 PM

They couldn't have gone anyway though if everyone in the top bracket has already bought up all the tickets during their priority period.

I really can't get too excited about someone legitimately buying a ticket for a match and then selling it on at face value to another fan if they can no longer go to the match.

Ringothedog
30-07-2015, 08:55 PM

One of our 3 cant get a ticket because he only bought a half season ticket last year and a full season ticket this year. We only missed 3 away games last season usually paying at the gate. I don't agree with this loyalty points system. There should have been a cut off for all loyalty points levels to buy tickets prior to a general sale. I cant understand what use loyalty points are if you are never going to get to use them. In his case he has 300.

marinello59
30-07-2015, 08:59 PM
I still suspect there will be a small number left over for General sale. There certainly will be the next time we play there.

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Are you after one😀

No mate I have enough points but not going!

3pm
30-07-2015, 09:03 PM
I still suspect there will be a small number left over for General sale. There certainly will be the next time we play there.

What's happening next time?!

Ringothedog
30-07-2015, 09:07 PM

the point is that there should only ever be a general sale after all loyalty points levels have been given a chance to buy.

Billy Whizz
30-07-2015, 09:07 PM

It's on a cold February afternoon

Pretty Boy
30-07-2015, 09:08 PM
the point is that there should only ever be a general sale after all loyalty points levels have been given a chance to buy.

I don't think that will ever not be the case where a game has limited capacity and/or high demand and I doubt anyone would argue otherwise.

Sammy7nil
30-07-2015, 09:09 PM

It wont be the first game of the season :cb

marinello59
30-07-2015, 09:12 PM

Did I say anything different?

Carheenlea
30-07-2015, 09:13 PM
The big lesson I`ve learned over this is that in future I`ll be buying tickets in advance rather than PATG for away games. Looking at the list of allocated points paying at gate on away days has cost me my rights for this game. (As an out of town fan it seemed easier to do so). I`ll be out the country for this anyway, so my shortfall of points means I`m not losing out as such for the Dumbarton fixture, but if I was home I would be feeling pretty disappointed at being a regular away day traveller and long time season holder and not getting a ticket. This won`t present too many problems this season, but I`m a bit concerned now about acquiring Ibrox tickets. Obviously the system now ensures those who support the club by buying seasons and travel to every game are given priority, and quite rightly so.

3pm
30-07-2015, 09:15 PM
It's on a cold February afternoon

Cheers.

BS44
30-07-2015, 10:38 PM
Can I buy a ticket from the second batch after midnight or is it another 10 o'clock scramble tomorrow morning? Official site only says 10am Thursday morning, nothing about the following days sales.

monktonharp
30-07-2015, 11:36 PM
cant for the life of me see why there are so many smug responses to the original post from HFC. why are the numbers restricted so much? how much can the ground hold? should a club that can hardly hold as many as Olivebank stadium, be allowed to play in a championship league? how low can Scottish Proffesional Football go?

marinello59
31-07-2015, 05:48 AM
cant for the life of me see why there are so many smug responses to the original post from HFC. why are the numbers restricted so much? how much can the ground hold? should a club that can hardly hold as many as Olivebank stadium, be allowed to play in a championship league? how low can Scottish Proffesional Football go?

Dumbarton have a ground that suits their needs. What's wrong with that and how is that indicative of failings in Scottish football?

.Sean.
31-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Yeah, nevermind having a stadium that accommodates their needs most weeks, why isn't everybody forced to build a white elephant stadium like Killie, St Johnstone, St Mirren etc? Silly Dumbarton :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DH1875
31-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Do supporters clubs not run along the lines of trying to help sort each other with tickets? If I were running a club and one of our members couldn't go because they couldn't get a ticket, I'd defo be looking at the guy who couldn't go but could get a ticket at helping the others out.

liamh2202
31-07-2015, 12:22 PM
As I said I only posted on here because there aren't many hibbys in my circle of close friends now as I live on the west coast and the mates I have asked are all attending.

liamh2202
31-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Yeah, nevermind having a stadium that accommodates their needs most weeks, why isn't everybody forced to build a white elephant stadium like Killie, St Johnstone, St Mirren etc? Silly Dumbarton :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Spot on mate. No idea why they wouldn't run up a debt they could never repay for 6 games last season and 4 days this.. Lol

Brooster
31-07-2015, 12:31 PM

Posts like this should be deleted.

liamh2202
31-07-2015, 12:33 PM

I don't think it breaks any forum rules ??

DH1875
31-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Do supporters clubs not run along the lines of trying to help sort each other with tickets? If I were running a club and one of our members couldn't go because they couldn't get a ticket, I'd defo be looking at the guy who couldn't go but could get a ticket at helping the others out.

You going to the meeting tonight Liam? I'm not but think this is something that should be brought up and looked at. Defo get everyone on the same network and looking to help each other out with tickets. If you fancy bringing it up tonight and see what the others think :)

DH1875
31-07-2015, 12:51 PM

Why? Nowt wrong with it IMO. Next time we make a cup final there will be plenty of guys helping their freinds and family get tickets ahead of others.

liamh2202
31-07-2015, 01:14 PM
You going to the meeting tonight Liam? I'm not but think this is something that should be brought up and looked at. Defo get everyone on the same network and looking to help each other out with tickets. If you fancy bringing it up tonight and see what the others think :)

I was hoping to get along but my wife is away to Belfast for the weekend so I have the kids unfortunately. It sounds like its going to be a good turnout so things are looking up for us west coasters. I will hopefully make the next one

FromTheCapital
31-07-2015, 02:54 PM
I currently have around 348 points on my season ticket which means I am eligible to buy tickets for the Dumbarton game tomorrow but do the tickets go on sale to me at midnight tonight or at about 9 or 10 tomorrow morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
31-07-2015, 03:06 PM
I currently have around 348 points on my season ticket which means I am eligible to buy tickets for the Dumbarton game tomorrow but do the tickets go on sale to me at midnight tonight or at about 9 or 10 tomorrow morning?

It's 10am tomorrow morning

FromTheCapital
31-07-2015, 03:08 PM
It's 10am tomorrow morning

Thanks mate, you think they will be sold out by then?

Billy Whizz
31-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Surprised this hasn't sold out yet

lord bunberry
31-07-2015, 03:19 PM
Thanks mate, you think they will be sold out by then?

I'm hoping not. I phoned 5 mins ago and there was still tickets for sale. I'm not sure whether to go to the ticket office for 10am or try online. I might do both :greengrin

FromTheCapital
31-07-2015, 03:21 PM
I need 3 so fingers crossed I can get them mate. Good luck!

lord bunberry
31-07-2015, 03:23 PM
I need 3 so fingers crossed I can get them mate. Good luck!

I'm looking for 2. Good luck to you also.

rosco-hibee
31-07-2015, 04:58 PM
I'm down in Edinburgh in a few weeks and want to go to Hibs v Morton at ER. Will it be ok to pay at gate?

I know this is off topic but I know this doesn't merit its own thread. Cheers boysh.

liamh2202
31-07-2015, 05:00 PM
I'm down in Edinburgh in a few weeks and want to go to Hibs v Morton at ER. Will it be ok to pay at gate?

I know this is off topic but I know this doesn't merit its own thread. Cheers boysh.

Yes mate although if u want loyalty points get it from the t.o before the game

rosco-hibee
31-07-2015, 05:06 PM
Yes mate although if u want loyalty points get it from the t.o before the game

Lovely jubbly.

ronaldo7
31-07-2015, 05:57 PM
One small point to raise regarding the scheme.

The breakdown of points for the Dumbarton game is as follows:

374 points and above get first dibs (460 eligible supporters)

371 points and above get second dibs (787 eligible supporters)

330 points and above get the remnants (5404 eligible supporters)

Why is their only 3 points between the first and the second groups, but a rather large 41 points to the last group?

Have they just lumped all of the season ticket purchasers from the last two seasons together. (330 points)

I would have thought that their would have been a steady fall in points with only 700 tickets to purchase rather than going off the edge of a cliff after the second group purchase is complete.

Billy Whizz
31-07-2015, 06:11 PM
One small point to raise regarding the scheme.

The breakdown of points for the Dumbarton game is as follows:

374 points and above get first dibs (460 eligible supporters)

371 points and above get second dibs (787 eligible supporters)

330 points and above get the remnants (5404 eligible supporters)

Why is their only 3 points between the first and the second groups, but a rather large 41 points to the last group?

Have they just lumped all of the season ticket purchasers from the last two seasons together. (330 points)

I would have thought that their would have been a steady fall in points with only 700 tickets to purchase rather than going off the edge of a cliff after the second group purchase is complete.

Ronnie, they probably just want to get rid of them quickly

ronaldo7
31-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Ronnie, they probably just want to get rid of them quickly

I know what they want Billy, however I would have thought they could have taken it down to 365 or thereabouts to ensure the points threshold at least covered some away matches from last season.

Just a thought:aok:

Billy Whizz
31-07-2015, 06:27 PM
I know what they want Billy, however I would have thought they could have taken it down to 365 or thereabouts to ensure the points threshold at least covered some away matches from last season.

Just a thought:aok:
Good point, still surprised that they've not all gone though, can't be too many left though now

.Sean.
01-08-2015, 03:14 AM
You might not get it sent by Hibs. Strangely enough when I phoned this morning he said "I can see you have got enough loyalty points but do you know if the other party has as I can't check that." I obviously replied yes because he has but thought it was a bit strange. It's maybe left up to Hibs to then check the orders before sending the tickets out.
Ticket was delivered yesterday, I know I was only 1 point short but makes a bit of a mockery of the system??

BoomtownHibees
01-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Ticket was delivered yesterday, I know I was only 1 point short but makes a bit of a mockery of the system??

It does that.

ronaldo7
01-08-2015, 08:39 AM

So does someone getting a ticket today who's on 330 points over someone on 370. Where's the loyalty in that?

Scouse Hibee
01-08-2015, 08:40 AM

Hand it back today then. ;-)

marinello59
01-08-2015, 08:43 AM
So does someone getting a ticket today who's on 330 points over someone on 370. Where's the loyalty in that?

If somebody has 330 points then they have renewed last years season ticket. There's the loyalty.

marinello59
01-08-2015, 08:46 AM

Have you shared your concerns about this with the club so they can close this loophole for future sales then?

ronaldo7
01-08-2015, 08:47 AM
If somebody has 330 points then they have renewed last years season ticket. There's the loyalty.

This is about away tickets. Surely the club could have rolled down the points required in a more even handed way. It seems they've not even allowed for any away matches last season, apart from the first two groups.

Wouldn't it have been better to set the points at

Until all tickets were sold.

Scouse Hibee
01-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Lets just scrap the loyalty scheme and put tickets on general sale first come, first served, maybe thete will be less moans then..........

lord bunberry
01-08-2015, 09:04 AM
I don't know how many are left but I just bought 2 tickets online without any problems.

3pm
01-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Nae idea where my tickets are! :grr:

FromTheCapital
01-08-2015, 09:16 AM
Just got 3 online. I'd imagine that they'll sell out quickly today.

Keith_M
01-08-2015, 09:21 AM
So, to clarify: There are actually still tickets on sale today (https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=3127).

So, anyone desperate to go and worried about the loyalty points they might miss out on are actually worried about nothing.

Am I wrong?

:dunno:

marinello59
01-08-2015, 09:25 AM
So, to clarify: There are actually still tickets on sale today (https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=3127).

So, anyone desperate to go and worried about missing out on the loyalty points they might miss out on are actually worried about nothing.

Am I wrong?

:dunno:

Nope. :greengrin

Keith_M
01-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Nope. :greengrin

Which leads me to my next question.......

So what's aw the fuss aboot?

marinello59
01-08-2015, 09:31 AM
This is about away tickets. Surely the club could have rolled down the points required in a more even handed way. It seems they've not even allowed for any away matches last season, apart from the first two groups.

Wouldn't it have been better to set the points at

Until all tickets were sold.
They didn't have time to do that.
Even if they did having so many splits so that different groups are guaranteed tickets seems bonkers to me. A season ticket used to give you priority for tickets for certain games in that you had a chance of buying tickets, not a guarantee. Putting those who are regular ST holders at the back of a very long queue, effectively removing any priority, doesn't seem like the best idea to me.

marinello59
01-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Which leads me to my next question.......

So what's aw the fuss aboot?

I said the other day that this one might still go to general sale. The next match at Dumbarton definitely will. Knickers being twisted for no reason really.

Keith_M
01-08-2015, 09:35 AM
My uncle was killed in a car crash in a collision with a Juggernaut and was laid to rest in plots 387-389 in the Inveresk cemetery.

His final words were written in big letters on his gravestone(s)...

"I had right of way!"

ronaldo7
01-08-2015, 09:37 AM
They didn't have time to do that.
Even if they did having so many splits so that different groups are guaranteed tickets seems bonkers to me. A season ticket used to give you priority for tickets for certain games in that you had a chance of buying tickets, not a guarantee. Putting those who are regular ST holders at the back of a very long queue, effectively removing any priority, doesn't seem like the best idea to me.

Bollocks.

They have time for everything else, they should make time for this. I have someone on 370 points who has tried to get a ticket this morning but the system isn't letting them get it. We have others on here with less points getting tickets, and even one who's not eligible getting a ticket.

I know the system is new, however it seems they don't want to put much effort into getting it right.

Nobody's asking for a guaranteed ticket, just a system that rewards loyalty as it should.

If having so many points thresholds seems bonkers to you, why have ones for the top two groups and not the rest?

Borderhibbie76
01-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Does anyone know if we are awarded loyalty points for the Dumbarton match? I was awarded 5 when i bought my ticket on Thursday and they have now been deducted? Is this correct?

3pm
01-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Does anyone know if we are awarded loyalty points for the Dumbarton match? I was awarded 5 when i bought my ticket on Thursday and they have now been deducted? Is this correct?

My 5 are still on mate.

marinello59
01-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Bollocks.

They have time for everything else, they should make time for this. I have someone on 370 points who has tried to get a ticket this morning but the system isn't letting them get it. We have others on here with less points getting tickets, and even one who's not eligible getting a ticket.

I know the system is new, however it seems they don't want to put much effort into getting it right.

Nobody's asking for a guaranteed ticket, just a system that rewards loyalty as it should.

The system has rewarded loyalty and in this case they are constrained by time. They didn't get the tickets until last week. They have to sell them and get them sent out. They generally don't post out tickets if the match is only a few days away.
If people are getting tickets without the required number of points then the club needs to sort it.

ronaldo7
01-08-2015, 09:51 AM
The system has rewarded loyalty and in this case they are constrained by time. They didn't get the tickets until last week. They have to sell them and get them sent out. They generally don't post out tickets if the match is only a few days away.
If people are getting tickets without the required number of points then the club needs to sort it.

The system is rewarding loyalty with Hibs setting the thresholds. They have rewarded the opportunity of a person on 330 points to get tickets before someone with 370 points.

Doesn't seem right to me.

Maybe next time we should have some of the 330 guys get tickets before the top two groups and see who's getting their knickers in a twist eh:greengrin

marinello59
01-08-2015, 09:59 AM
The system is rewarding loyalty with Hibs setting the thresholds. They have rewarded the opportunity of a person on 330 points to get tickets before someone with 370 points.

Doesn't seem right to me.

Maybe next time we should have some of the 330 guys get tickets before the top two groups and see who's getting their knickers in a twist eh:greengrin

Your last statement doesn't make any sense. Try stamping your feet and saying that nobody understands you. :wink:
How have they given somebody with 330 points any more chance of getting a ticket than somebody with 370? They haven't. Have they?

ronaldo7
01-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Your last statement doesn't make any sense. Try stamping your feet and saying that nobody understands you. :wink:
How have they given somebody with 330 points any more chance of getting a ticket than somebody with 370? They haven't. Have they?

Simples really.

They've given someone with 374 points the opportunity to get ticket first, seems fair. Then someone with 371. Seems fair. They've then lumped in all other season ticket holders into the next bracket without taking cognisance of anyone who was loyal to the club and went away last season.

If you start a system with the points so close together, you don't just chuck all the rest into the melting pot.

Someone who didn't go to a single away match last season can get a ticket at the same time as those who went to at least 6 games.

The system is flawed if they keep it like this for the rest of the season. We'll wait and see.

Now where's that feet stamping smiley:greengrin

We can carry this on at Dumbarton if you have the time:wink:

ionahibby
01-08-2015, 10:54 AM
I'm hovering about the 300 point mark i think, but worse case scenario if i didn't get a ticket for Hibs end there is always the home end surely it's pay at gate for home supporters as long as you sit on your hands.

Stuarty27
01-08-2015, 11:07 AM
2 tickets purchased this morning...

Bring it on?

Borderhibbie76
01-08-2015, 12:50 PM
My 5 are still on mate.

I was awarded them Thursday but been deducted today??

marinello59
01-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Simples really.

They've given someone with 374 points the opportunity to get ticket first, seems fair. Then someone with 371. Seems fair. They've then lumped in all other season ticket holders into the next bracket without taking cognisance of anyone who was loyal to the club and went away last season.

If you start a system with the points so close together, you don't just chuck all the rest into the melting pot.

Someone who didn't go to a single away match last season can get a ticket at the same time as those who went to at least 6 games.

The system is flawed if they keep it like this for the rest of the season. We'll wait and see.

Now where's that feet stamping smiley:greengrin

We can carry this on at Dumbarton if you have the time:wink:

The system will be fine tuned over the course of the season. They couldn't keep going with further point splits over more days because there simply wasn't the time to do that on this case. The club generally won't send out tickets when match day is only a few days away so that shortened the time scale further.
No matter where they make the points split somebody is going to be miffed because their particular circstances aren't met.
We still haven't sold this one out yet though have we? If it wasn't the first game of the season I very much doubt that we would and I doubt that there will be any away games where demand is greater than supply. We will get the same discussion here when the Ibrox tickets go on sale and we won't sell that one out either. There really is no need to make what should be a simple system any more complicated than it needs to be.
I'll look out for you at the game so you can tell me I'm right.:greengrin

ronaldo7
01-08-2015, 05:38 PM
The system will be fine tuned over the course of the season. They couldn't keep going with further point splits over more days because there simply wasn't the time to do that on this case. The club generally won't send out tickets when match day is only a few days away so that shortened the time scale further.
No matter where they make the points split somebody is going to be miffed because their particular circstances aren't met.
We still haven't sold this one out yet though have we? If it wasn't the first game of the season I very much doubt that we would and I doubt that there will be any away games where demand is greater than supply. We will get the same discussion here when the Ibrox tickets go on sale and we won't sell that one out either. There really is no need to make what should be a simple system any more complicated than it needs to be.
I'll look out for you at the game so you can tell me I'm right.:greengrin

I had a word with the main man today and it'll be sorted:greengrin

Look out for one of these at Dumbarton if I see you first:take that for your feet stamping comments.

Admins on here used to have class:greengrin Then again so did the posters:greengrin

On the substantive points of the system...If it needs fine tuned from where it is today, it'll be the end of the season before it's fixed.

marinello59
01-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Admins on here used to have class:greengrin Then again so did the posters:greengrin

I guess we both need to up our game then. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
01-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Quite a few tickets left

ronaldo7
01-08-2015, 11:35 PM
I guess we both need to up our game then. :greengrin

I am but one poster. You're supposed to manage the site:greengrin

d:rules:

SteveHFC
01-08-2015, 11:36 PM
Quite a few tickets left

Anyone else find it a bit shocking we can't even sell out Dumbarton yet?

HH81
02-08-2015, 06:12 AM
If there is loads left why can't I buy one?

liamh2202
02-08-2015, 06:34 AM
If there is loads left why can't I buy one?

Is this a genuine question that u have enough points? Or is the answer you need to wait until tomorrow?

HH81
02-08-2015, 06:40 AM
Is this a genuine question that u have enough points? Or is the answer you need to wait until tomorrow?

When do thy go on sale the zero point fans?

Just checked I have 10 points.

liamh2202
02-08-2015, 06:42 AM

9 tomorrow mate

Keith_M
02-08-2015, 06:48 AM
Why not start a separate thread dedicated to those that want to (endlessly) discuss the pros and cons of the Loyalty System and move all related posts to that one?

HH81
02-08-2015, 06:50 AM
9 tomorrow mate

INice one, if get one will try get train up.

Did not think general sale was happening for this.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-08-2015, 08:02 AM

Just checked I have 10 points.

9 tomorrow mate

Is this info accurate?

liamh2202
03-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Is this info accurate?

That's what the ticket office told me on Friday although its still not letting me buy them and t.o doesn't open until 10 according to the internet

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-08-2015, 08:06 AM
That's what the ticket office told me on Friday although its still not letting me buy them and t.o doesn't open until 10 according to the internet

I'm having nae joy either.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2015, 08:06 AM

Probably be 10am when the office opens

liamh2202
03-08-2015, 08:09 AM
10am hutchy just got through to tickwmaster

HH81
03-08-2015, 08:11 AM
Anyone know how many are left?

DJ HIBBY
03-08-2015, 08:12 AM

Are there still tickets left for this Saturday?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-08-2015, 08:25 AM

Nice one, cheers!