PDA

View Full Version : Daily Record

MrSmith
29-07-2015, 09:32 AM
After reading their article re Scott Allan and vile twitter comments from alleged hibees ...

How difficult for an ICT/IP expert here to trace such accounts (now deleted and closed - naturally!! :rolleyes:) to find out location?

I really think the DR are up to it and working on behalf of the ****! Therefore, if we can trace IP addresses we may be able to make a complaint to the appropriate standards agency. However, given the aggressive nature of the Glasmedia and SA's agent, The SPFL and related players union silence is deafening!!!

The New Rangers, same old song!

Smartie
29-07-2015, 09:42 AM
Emotions were running high and a few idiots made some unacceptable comments.

I don't see why we should be trying to blame it all on other people.

It happened, we didn't look particularly good, let's just move on.

Brightside
29-07-2015, 09:44 AM
easy to track down owners of deleted twitter accounts.

oconnors_strip
29-07-2015, 09:46 AM
easy to track down owners of deleted twitter accounts.

Especially when the accounts have profile pictures and you know of them. Silly wee boys

marinello59
29-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Please let's not pretend that these comments didn't exist and that a handful of Hibs fans haven't let the rest of us down badly. The Daily Record is a lower class rag but wouldn't it be better for us to concentrate on condemning the morons rather than embarking on a fruitless witch hunt against the messenger?

liamh2202
29-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Please let's not pretend that these comments didn't exist and that a handful of Hibs fans haven't let the rest of us down badly. The Daily Record is a lower class rag but wouldn't it be better for us to concentrate on condemning the morons rather than embarking on a fruitless witch hunt against the messenger?

Yes

Ozyhibby
29-07-2015, 09:50 AM
In no way condoning this abuse but interested in the reasons the Daily Record chose to highlight it? Why not highlight some of the foul sectarian abuse posted by Sevconians on a daily basis at various targets?
It would be a bit like saying only Yes voters sent abuse online during the Indy ref campaign......oh wait, they did say that.

Kato
29-07-2015, 09:52 AM
In no way condoning this abuse but interested in the reasons the Daily Record chose to highlight it? Why not highlight some of the foul sectarian abuse posted by Sevconians on a daily basis at various targets?
It would be a bit like saying only Yes voters sent abuse online during the Indy ref campaign......oh wait, they did say that.

It's a hun rag. Is there any more to say?

CRAZYHIBBY
29-07-2015, 09:58 AM
The daily record has been trying to sell Scott Allan to rangers for months. ..they do this to us time and again. I havent bought a daily record for years and i never will Again.

Kato
29-07-2015, 10:00 AM
The daily record has been trying to sell Scott Allan to rangers for months. ..they do this to us time and again. I havent bought a daily record for years and i never will Again.

The journalists who tap up players for the OF are just cowards. They will defend their actions by saying they are only doing the job the editor tells them to do but that just makes it a cowardly job.

Spike Mandela
29-07-2015, 10:04 AM
You can find idiotic twitter posts to fit any agenda you like. Lazy journalism.

Best to ignore a newspaper that's readership figures are falling faster than Sevco's bank balance.

SonOfDavidFrancey
29-07-2015, 10:04 AM
As said frequently this whole saga has a familiar ring.

This but the latest stage: SA's relationship with fans has so 'deteriorated' (press version of events) that he is 'unable' to stay at Hibs. So dull and predictable...

fatbloke
29-07-2015, 10:05 AM

Would rather get my news from the Beano it's simply more accurate.

silverhibee
29-07-2015, 10:06 AM
Emotions were running high and a few idiots made some unacceptable comments.

I don't see why we should be trying to blame it all on other people.

It happened, we didn't look particularly good, let's just move on.

How do the DR know they tweets are coming from Hibs fans.

Kato
29-07-2015, 10:10 AM

Why would they care?

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 10:11 AM

The don't and they also don't care.

They've even tried to insinuate today that Alan Stubb is threatening to resign.

They're nothing but low-lifes in the pocket of their beloved Rangurs.

Smartie
29-07-2015, 10:15 AM

Seriously?

Who else is going to be wound up enough about Scott Allan handing in a transfer request?

This is all a pretty unpleasant predicament for Hibs and we need to accept we don't have many friends here and we have plenty of enemies. The decent majority need to condemn the tiny minority of idiots. If we don't and choose to blame the media or anyone else then we're really no better than OF numpties.

What this isn't is some kind of conspiracy.

We need to stop playing into the hands of those who are seeking to unsettle us.

Onion
29-07-2015, 10:17 AM
The journalists who tap up players for the OF are just cowards. They will defend their actions by saying they are only doing the job the editor tells them to do but that just makes it a cowardly job.

All done to endear them to the club, so they're given exclusives, tip offs and access to players. The self interests of the media will always trump the truth.

Hibernia&Alba
29-07-2015, 10:20 AM
I'm not on Twitter and the like, but surely the internet has been around long enough for everyone to know it enables nutters to say moronic things; indeed that it's a magnet for them. Anyone who made physical threats will hopefully be tracked by police.

Hibs History
29-07-2015, 10:21 AM
One of the 'Hibs Fans' has a picture of him standing and smiling with Nacho Novo.....

I don't know too many Hibs fans that would do that!

From the creative mind that produced this comment....

There are eejits in every support there is no doubting that

Can't wait to see The Daily Ranger do there hard hitting article on disgusting things Rangers fans have said on Twitter

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Seriously?

Who else is going to be wound up enough about Scott Allan handing in a transfer request?

I don't doubt that we have morons in our support but i also don't doubt that there are people that have a vested interest in spreading discord at Hibs and would quite happily pose as Hibs Fans, merely to stir things up.

Smartie
29-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Are Hibs fans only allowed to pose for photos with Hibs players?

We've got a lot more to worry about at the moment than trying desperately to shift the blame for this onto other people.

All supports have their clowns who under provocation will cross a line. That's what happened to us this time, we need to accept it, condemn it and move on.

There will be many more opportunities for the fans of that club to show their true colours. It happens so often it's not even newsworthy any more.

We're never going to change the way The Record, The Sun et al behave. There's simply not enough of us who buy their paper to make it worth our while picking a fight with them.

We need to pick our battles right now.

Smartie
29-07-2015, 10:40 AM
I don't doubt that we have morons in our support but i also don't doubt that there are people that have a vested interest in spreading discord at Hibs and would quite happily pose as Hibs Fans, merely to stir things up.

Quite possibly but I would say that they are a minority amongst those who made comments that crossed a line.

Like those who crossed the line were an unacceptable minority amongst our predominantly decent support.

This argument is madness and very OF-esque.

You win it by condemning the twats and quietly moving on. That's why we're better than the OF. You don't win it by belittling it, blaming the media/ messenger for it, blaming it on the other side "posing" as us and making comments pretending to be other people (I mean, FFS) or squealing about how much worse the other lot are.

That's what fans of Celtic and The Rangers do.

A lot of you need to get a grip.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-07-2015, 11:39 AM
One of the 'Hibs Fans' has a picture of him standing and smiling with Nacho Novo.....

Can't wait to see The Daily Ranger do there hard hitting article on disgusting things Rangers fans have said on Twitter

:thumbsup:

portyhibernian
29-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Nobody who actually cares about Scottish football or quality journalism buys it anyway. Treat both the paper and the abuse with the contempt they deserve and move on is what I say.

high bee
29-07-2015, 11:43 AM

Unbelievable, I'm sure there will be a full page apology in the papers once they discover their mistake.

lyonhibs
29-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Unbelievable, I'm sure there will be a full page apology in the papers once they discover their mistake.

What mistake have they unequivocally made here?

I once met Craig Gordon in Sunderland hospitality (I was - in my defence - absolutely off my chops on free booze). I may even have got a photo taken with him.

Does that make me a Jambo?

29-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Emotions were running high yesterday but some of the comments were just an embarrassment. Hope the police do find these morons and ban them from football. We don't need nor want idiots like that in the support. Hope they are ashamed of themselves.

Hibs History
29-07-2015, 11:55 AM

I'm sure they will.......:wink:

Mathias Jack
29-07-2015, 11:58 AM

A quick check on Facebook will see he's a member of a Hibs group, see for yourself

https://www.facebook.com/liam.clarkson.739?ref=ts&fref=ts

marinello59
29-07-2015, 12:08 PM

If you check out his FB page he does indeed appear to be a Hibs fan. Unfortunately that doesn't prevent him from being a complete moron.

erin go bragh
29-07-2015, 12:09 PM
Dailly Rangers . Wouldn't even wipe my Rangers end with it

GGTTH

sbell1875
29-07-2015, 12:14 PM
The worst aspect of it for me was Rangers fans damning the comments when you consider the countless occasions they have been done (and also the authorities turning a blind eye) for disgusting behaviour.

Some of the stuff I read on Twitter last night was absolutely disgusting though, it has to be said.

Ronniekirk
29-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Daily record now reporting one bookie has Stubbs favourite to be first championship manager to leave his post It really is beginning to feel like a witch hunt against us for daring not to sell .Ido wonder how hibs can maintain a relationship with this paper given they are so one sided and clearly fronting any rangers propaganda and looking to print negative stories about our club
On the other hand there is a good piece by Graham Spiers on hibs news 24/7 from herald that is more balanced ,if maybe trying to attach blame to none of the parties ,but clearly ending with a clear message to S A .

StevieC
29-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Seriously?

Yes, seriously.
Of the 3 tweets published by the Daily Record, one is definitely a St Johnstone supporter, one looks likely to be a Hibs supporter and the other is hard to confirm one way or the other.

lord bunberry
29-07-2015, 12:22 PM
What mistake have they unequivocally made here?

I once met Craig Gordon in Sunderland hospitality (I was - in my defence - absolutely off my chops on free booze). I may even have got a photo taken with him.

Does that make me a Jambo?
Ltyf :greengrin

eezo63
29-07-2015, 12:26 PM
It seem to me that The Rangers have partially acheived what they set out to do(apart from get SA).We now have a support squabbling amongst themselves,vile comments being directed at scott Allan, and hell has broken loose. Job Done!!
The Rangers put in a first derisory bid to test the water and 'plant the seed'. Despite being rejected and warned that no further bids would be welcome, they tried again... this time with the purpose of turning the head os SA.which they have. Job done. Now we have probably our best player wanting to leave, the media all over it like a rash, and a support being ripped apart, threats flying etcetc.
We should be pulling together at this time, not hurling abuse and insults at each other or Scott Allan. Its not his fault that bids have been pu in for him.Is he guilty of being agood footballer? Is it his fault The Rangers bid for him? NO.
Cmon peoples, lets try to bring a bit of calm to the situation and hope that the club stands firm on this, and lets concentrate on supporting the team( there are other people in the team by the way, and they need our support), and stop the bickering.
Finally..to the nasty nasty vile 'supporters'... Go away, we dont need you and we dont want you.
End of Rant,(sorry).

givescotlandfreedom
29-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Has anyone seen the Daily Record article about the thread on here wishing Fernando Ricksen and family all the best against his illness the other day? Nah, me neither.

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 03:11 PM
A lot of you need to get a grip.

Nobody has said that every offensive tweet was made by supporters of other clubs.

The suspicion has been that at least some of these tweets have been done maliciously, to make out our support have turned on SA.

Whoever is the perpetrator, they have been presented as being all Hibs Supporters in the DR. Just like it was made out that Scott Allan was out for the night with Rangers players after we lost the game to them at the weekend.

29-07-2015, 03:24 PM

More media **** stirring to add some fuel to the fire. The abuse some total morons sent to Allan was disgusting and completely out of order, i am not for 1 minute condoning it but can't help but feel that this joke of a paper took great delight in jumping on top of it. The media seem to be playing the huns game in trying to create as much hostility as possible towards Allan and therefore trying to push him our the door.

Pete
29-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Daily Record is stirring it and has been since day one. While you're on Twitter, look at the comments on this whole saga from their chief sports writer.

Of course the tweets should be condemned but so should this relentless campaign by the MSM.

leggeto
29-07-2015, 03:32 PM
After reading their article re Scott Allan and vile twitter comments from alleged hibees ...

How difficult for an ICT/IP expert here to trace such accounts (now deleted and closed - naturally!! :rolleyes:) to find out location?

I really think the DR are up to it and working on behalf of the ****! Therefore, if we can trace IP addresses we may be able to make a complaint to the appropriate standards agency. However, given the aggressive nature of the Glasmedia and SA's agent, The SPFL and related players union silence is deafening!!!

The New Rangers, same old song!
The daily rangers,they want all bad press from us to get him to rangers,if it had been reversed nothing would be printed

MrSmith
29-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Their is definitely something not right here and I would not trust one word of what the DR prints! This all harks back to the Murray/Jackson/Mackay model when they unsettled players when owner/journo/agent all worked together to get what they wanted. They got away with it then, the Newco are going to get away with it now as not one of the legal nor footballing authorities will dare cross them! Absolutely appalling!

Pete
29-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Why don't the Daily Record tell us all about the tweets and Facebook messages from rangers fans telling us we have aids and talking about testicular cancer?

I would say they are easy to find but you have to wade through all the sectarian stuff.