PDA

View Full Version : Re training today

staunchhibby
29-07-2015, 08:55 AM
I wonder what the feeling and reaction from the other players will be if Scott Allan appears at East Mains today.

matty_f
29-07-2015, 08:57 AM
I reckon he'll have quite a few arms round his shoulder and support from his team mates, not necessarily supporting his actions but making sure he feels he can still work with them.

J-C
29-07-2015, 09:02 AM
Very hard to say as a lot will understand about wanting to play for your boyhood team, others will feel let down that the squad harmony has been disrupted amongst all this circus and a few probably re signed knowing Allan was here for another season which gives us the chance for promotion. I feel the camp may be split dependant on age group and personality, players like Handling, Stanton and Harris may back him as they've been told they'll struggle to get game time and can go if they wish, others like Fontaine, Stevenson and Gray will feel let down.

Del Boy
29-07-2015, 09:04 AM
I know of one Hibs player who is far from impressed with his attitude.

Billy Whizz
29-07-2015, 09:07 AM
I wonder what the feeling and reaction from the other players will be if Scott Allan appears at East Mains today.

Is Wednesday not their day off?

Brightside
29-07-2015, 09:18 AM

That's really helpful.

ALF TUPPER
29-07-2015, 09:18 AM
I reckon he'll have quite a few arms round his shoulder and support from his team mates, not necessarily supporting his actions but making sure he feels he can still work with them.

Yeah. I think there will be a lot of this team bonding thing and motivational blah blah chat going on. " Go and and show what you can do etc.."

bigwheel
29-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Yeah. I think there will be a lot of this team bonding thing and motivational blah blah chat going on. " Go and and show what you can do etc.."

There might be...whilst there will be some support - I reckon there will be more dressing room banter ..."oh aye, Did you find your way from Murray Park",....Dressing rooms can be unforgiving places......for all the right reasons.

carnoustiehibee
29-07-2015, 09:22 AM
That's really helpful.

Scoopboy mentioned something similar before the rangers game

J-C
29-07-2015, 09:25 AM
That's really helpful.

A wee bit sarcastic eh?

Not all the players will be on his side, particularly the way he and his agent have handled things, they'll see it as destabilising the club, remember when we re signed Oxley/Fontaine/Fyvie etc these guys would have been told our priorities for the season and the vision of Stubbs and the club. Part of that vision was to have a strong squad with Allan as the main man leading us to Championship glory and they would've signed because they were happy with Stubbs and his vision, take away Allan and suddenly the squad looks weaker and instant promotion seems further away, remember it was only 2 weeks ago Allan was telling everyone on Hibs TV that he was happy and wanted promotion with Hibs and to see out his contract.

liamh2202
29-07-2015, 09:26 AM
There might be...whilst there will be some support - I reckon there will be more dressing room banter ..."oh aye, Did you find your way from Murray Park",....Dressing rooms can be unforgiving places......for all the right reasons.

Yeh this is how I reckon it will be.. He will be taking a right ribbing

Brightside
29-07-2015, 09:28 AM
A wee bit sarcastic eh?

Not all the players will be on his side, particularly the way he and his agent have handled things, they'll see it as destabilising the club, remember when we re signed Oxley/Fontaine/Fyvie etc these guys would have been told our priorities for the season and the vision of Stubbs and the club. Part of that vision was to have a strong squad with Allan as the main man leading us to Championship glory and they would've signed because they were happy with Stubbs and his vision, take away Allan and suddenly the squad looks weaker and instant promotion seems further away, remember it was only 2 weeks ago Allan was telling everyone on Hibs TV that he was happy and wanted promotion with Hibs and to see out his contract.

My point is the last thing this situation needs is forum members brining out big wooden spoons.

S4uzee
29-07-2015, 09:33 AM

I would hope not after Saturday

Coco Bryce
29-07-2015, 09:33 AM
Scoopboy mentioned something similar before the rangers game

I mentioned something about it also last week when I posted he was definately not starting against them on Saturday.

Some players don't like the lazy primadonna attitude he has been showing in training over the last few weeks.

Possibly all part of the masterplan to cause as much disruption in order get his move. :confused:

J-C
29-07-2015, 09:35 AM
My point is the last thing this situation needs is forum members brining out big wooden spoons.

Big wooden spoons, jeez give me strength, the guy knows a player who isn't happy with Allan's attitude in this matter, do you get on and support everyone you work with, it happens, some players have better morals than Allan who is showing his true Hunish snidey wee rat colours, there will be a few who don't like the way he's gone about it and yes it may affect the squad, a bad apple isn't a good thing.

There was rumours on here that Allan struggled to bond with a good few of the players when he first came, he over came that hurdle but I wonder if a good few of those same players will be thinking to themselves, " we were right about him all along, "

California-Hibs
29-07-2015, 10:12 AM

Who?

Brooster
29-07-2015, 10:15 AM

I'm sure they had Monday off this week.

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 10:16 AM

I heard that the same player threw his bib at Scott Allan, who then went on to throw a glass of red wine at Alan Stubbs, who then threatened to resign if Leeann Dempster didn't give him a ticking off, who then told them all to grow up and stop acting like children.

Would I lie to you?

:wink:

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2015, 10:18 AM
I heard that the same player threw his bib at Scott Allan, who then went on to throw a glass of red wine at Alan Stubbs, who then threatened to resign if Leeann Dempster didn't give him a ticking off, who then told them all to grow up and stop acting like children.

Would I lie to you?

I'll look forward to reading the full exclusive story in tomorrow's Sun. :greengrin

Springbank
29-07-2015, 10:29 AM

Would I lie to you?

Wooaaah hang on, so many elements here

Bill the Hibby will need our help to decide which headline winds us up the most: hibs bibgate, shiraz your medals Scott, or red wines & green whines

Can we start a poll to help him, I mean help The Sun

Billy Whizz
29-07-2015, 10:42 AM
I'm sure they had Monday off this week.

So he's in today😀

Viva_Palmeiras
29-07-2015, 10:48 AM

Would I lie to you?

Did he then storm off in a Range Rover that he can't drive?

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Did he then storm off in a Range Rover that he can't drive?

Were you hidin' in the bushes as well?

Beefster
29-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Why do folk think that Allan's actions will cause big problems in the squad? If I know someone at my work is looking for a new job, I don't get all huffy and refuse to work with him.

The_Horde
29-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Why do folk think that Allan's actions will cause big problems in the squad? If I know someone at my work is looking for a new job, I don't get all huffy and refuse to work with him.

There's a difference between looking for a new job and actively causing unrest so your company get rid of you.

JimBHibees
29-07-2015, 12:45 PM

If he is a pain at training and maybe being bolshi and half hearted then yes I think some of his team mates wont be happy they may also think this circus will affect performances at an important time of the season. I think they may also be concerned that him not pulling his weight may affect how many win bonuses they are likely to get.

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2015, 12:48 PM

Yep agree, I think people forget that he's doing what many other players would do in a similar situation like it or not. Unless his attitude towards them or training/playing takes a sinister turn most of them will just carry on as normal.

Beefster
29-07-2015, 12:52 PM
There's a difference between looking for a new job and actively causing unrest so your company get rid of you.

He handed in a bit of paper to the management of the club asking away. It's not like he's pishing in the players' football boots or anything.

Onion
29-07-2015, 12:59 PM
He handed in a bit of paper to the management of the club asking away. It's not like he's pishing in the players' football boots or anything.

Not yet 😉 The day is young.

The_Horde
29-07-2015, 01:03 PM

What about the stuff he's drummed up in the press?

All his agents pals spraffing nonsense and the downer he's put on the place?

Not to mention putting himself out of contention for the weekends game that we got hammered in and going against everything he's said in the last few weeks, in front of our very own hibs tv cameras?

His team mates and all of the staff will be feeling majorly let down, especially when he was the main man in our away strip unveiling.

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 01:06 PM

Gazza once pished in the players' jackets at Lazio, but he was maybe a 'special case'

southsider
29-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Was there not a player who used to ***** in his team mates shoes ?

Haymaker
29-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Didnt gus poyet poop on the palace dressing room floor?

Baldy Foghorn
29-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Was there not a player who used to ***** in his team mates shoes ?

Ian McCall rings a bell, not sure whether he did it, or it was done to him?

Deansy
29-07-2015, 02:25 PM

There's not a lot of 'New jobs' that has the same reputation THEY have !. The media painted a different picture but everyone in Scottish Football KNOWS it - the Hun CHEATED everyone in the game for at least 10 years (conveniently, Murray's 'Paper-work' for the years preceding the years they got caught for, is 'allegedly 'Missing/lost') so theoretically - and more likely - they could've been cheating for his entire stewardship - 30 years ??. All non-Hun players over that period probably knew what was going on but said nothing as they knew how the SMSM would portray it and, with their fans reputation, didn't want to risk their lives or that of their families. For years these same players will have suffered missed/lost bonuses due to artificially-engineered league-positions, cup-rounds-Euro-places etc all because the Hun were playing with a loaded-deck. SA might support them but, thankfully, he's in a minority - all the other players (not just Hibs-players) in Scottish Football who support 'Celtic/Aberdeen/Dundee Utd etc, who have played in the SPL during the Hun's 'Money years' period, KNOW that they were cheated financially and professionally. And now one of their team-mates, one of our top-players, is trying to engineer a move to them ?. Sorry, but there's no comparison between the average, everyday job and the 'Dream Job' of playing football for a living, a job very few people are fortunate enough to be employed in - and if a 'work-mate' wants to move to a company that, more than likely, has cheated his current 'work-mates' out of £££££'s, it's understandable if there's bad-feeling !.

ehf
29-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Ian McCall rings a bell, not sure whether he did it, or it was done to him?

Seem to recall that he did it and Simon Stainrod was the victim.

ronaldo7
29-07-2015, 02:50 PM

Not many cars in the car park at 10am Billy, when I was dropping A off at the Foundation training. They were there till 3 yesterday, and Scott wasn't about. Fyvie making a mess of Lewis Allan's car though. He'll probably get a yellow card from some on here for that:greengrin

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Didnt gus poyet poop on the palace dressing room floor?

There was an incident at Parkhead a few years back when it was alleged that some of the Rangers players had shat in the Celtc team's bath.

I think it was in the late 90s.

Billy Whizz
29-07-2015, 03:05 PM
Not many cars in the car park at 10am Billy, when I was dropping A off at the Foundation training. They were there till 3 yesterday, and Scott wasn't about. Fyvie making a mess of Lewis Allan's car though. He'll probably get a yellow card from some on here for that:greengrin

Ronnie, ta. Sounds like when Scott handed in his wee letter, he was asked to go away early and have a wee think about it😀, get his head sorted. I'm sure he'll be in at training tomorrow

Jones28
29-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Comparisons between the football world and other work places are totally off the scale really. Allan has caused unrest amongst the squad and if he was in my team I would be nothing more than polite to him.

PISTOL1875
29-07-2015, 05:08 PM
There was an incident at Parkhead a few years back when it was alleged that some of the Rangers players had shat in the Celtc team's bath.

I think it was in the late 90s.

It was after the huns beat Hertz 1-5 in the league cup final. Hampden was being re-developed and they all pished in the celtic jacuzzi..

PISTOL1875
29-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Gazza once pished in the players' jackets at Lazio, but he was maybe a 'special case'

He also done a pooh in Rino Gattuso's designer shoes when Rino first joined the club...

cabbageandribs1875
29-07-2015, 05:12 PM
It was after the huns beat Hertz 1-5 in the league cup final. Hampden was being re-developed and they all pished in the celtic jacuzzi..

rangers class

Viva_Palmeiras
29-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Seem to recall that he did it and Simon Stainrod was the victim.

"He's white he's blue he s£&t in Stainrods shoe..."

Dunbar Hibee
29-07-2015, 05:39 PM
What about the stuff he's drummed up in the press?

All his agents pals spraffing nonsense and the downer he's put on the place?

Not to mention putting himself out of contention for the weekends game that we got hammered in and going against everything he's said in the last few weeks, in front of our very own hibs tv cameras?

His team mates and all of the staff will be feeling majorly let down, especially when he was the main man in our away strip unveiling.

While there probably will be players not all that impressed (and quite rightly so) but there are definitely players that feel he's not doing anything wrong, and just doing his job.

Beefster
29-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Allan has caused unrest amongst the squad

What sort of behaviour constitutes the mythical 'unrest'? Is Fyvie struggling to eat? Is Cummings having to get hugged to sleep by his Nan? Has Hanlon booted his cat every time he sees him?

The_Horde
29-07-2015, 05:44 PM
While there probably will be players not all that impressed (and quite rightly so) but there are definitely players that feel he's not doing anything wrong, and just doing his job.

Probably the ones who'd do the same

Aubenas
29-07-2015, 05:45 PM
What sort of behaviour constitutes the mythical 'unrest'? Is Fyvie struggling to eat? Is Cummings having to get hugged to sleep by his Nan? Has Hanlon booted his cat every time he sees him?

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:not worth:thumbsup:

LithgaeHibby
29-07-2015, 07:25 PM

Seems so. Mark Oxley was enjoying a wee wander round Berwick market at around 11.45 today. :cb

bingo70
29-07-2015, 07:38 PM
I would guess they'll barely even speak about it.

In any walk of life it's draining working, or being anywhere with someone that doesn't want to be there if they go on about it all the time but I'd be surprised if he does that. If it becomes obvious in training he's not trying then it'd become a problem but I'd expect the management team to deal with that before it effected the other players

Jim44
29-07-2015, 08:06 PM

I don't think this is a fair comparison. Do professional players really treat their football careers as just 'jobs'? Mind you, the type of players we've had over the past few years, did just that if you ask me. I think there is much more camaraderie and personal involvement between football players and there is every chance that Allan's attitude could cause ructions and divisions among the players.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2015, 08:17 PM
I personally don't think many of the players will be the least bit worried about Scott Allan handing in a transfer request.

ancient hibee
29-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Do you think the trouble is that so many supporters were not around pre Bosman and don't realise that players were always bunging in transfer requests at the drop of a hat.I remember when Reilly (as you had to do in those days at the start of the season)refused to sign on and asked for a transfer -he wanted the same deal as Smith-he changed his tune when his replacement Tommy D'Arcy scored half a dozen goals and so re -signed.Players move clubs all the time so I don't think any of the current squad will worry about the current situation except hoping he will stay.Hibs of course have said they won't sell him To Rangers which leaves him open to go somewhere else.

s.a.m
29-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Do you think the trouble is that so many supporters were not around pre Bosman and don't realise that players were always bunging in transfer requests at the drop of a hat.I remember when Reilly (as you had to do in those days at the start of the season)refused to sign on and asked for a transfer -he wanted the same deal as Smith-he changed his tune when his replacement Tommy D'Arcy scored half a dozen goals and so re -signed.Players move clubs all the time so I don't think any of the current squad will worry about the current situation except hoping he will stay.Hibs of course have said they won't sell him To Rangers which leaves him open to go somewhere else.

You may be right. Used to happen during the season, too, until the transfer window came in.

Hibby Bairn
29-07-2015, 08:50 PM

Yip. All part of the game.

gegs70
29-07-2015, 08:50 PM

It would appear from Twitter that they all seem to be supportive especially after all the abuse the lad took from the Trolls!!!

ancient hibee
29-07-2015, 08:54 PM
It would appear from Twitter that they all seem to be supportive especially after all the abuse the lad took from the Trolls!!!

Of course they are -he makes the team play better.

MyJo
29-07-2015, 09:01 PM

I doubt many of them would be bothered about him handing in a transfer request etc but i can see some of the leaders in the squad, guys like Gray, Hanlon and Fontaine getting p'd off if his attitude stinks.

One good season and some praise seems to have gone to his head and his billy big baws personality has rose to the surface again.

Silky
30-07-2015, 05:53 AM
Seems so. Mark Oxley was enjoying a wee wander round Berwick market at around 11.45 today. :cb

Hope he never picked anything up.

yekimevol
30-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Cant imagine there being many issues tbh, the lads will understand that its business and at the end of the day there all mates.

Haymaker
30-07-2015, 10:31 PM
Cant imagine there being many issues tbh, the lads will understand that its business and at the end of the day there all mates.

Are they all mates? I know plenty of pro players who werent/arent friends with some team mates. It is a job, you get on with it.

jdships
30-07-2015, 10:43 PM
Are they all mates? I know plenty of pro players who werent/arent friends with some team mates. It is a job, you get on with it.

Absolutely
Even all thos years ago I can remember there were guys in my club who hardly spoke on or off the park. Certainly close friendships were often struck up , as you would expect
As Bertie Mee is reportes as saying to the press when managing Arsenal " I don't sign players on the basis of friendships I sign them on their ability as footballers

JimBHibees
31-07-2015, 06:07 AM

Agree just like any environment people will get on better with some rather than others. Some they probably can see far enough however as long as they work in same direction no real problem.

MrRobot
31-07-2015, 11:23 AM
I personally don't think many of the players will be the least bit worried about Scott Allan handing in a transfer request.

If I was Stanton, I would be seeing this as my ideal opportunity and be delighted he wants away.

DH1875
31-07-2015, 12:31 PM
If I was Stanton, I would be seeing this as my ideal opportunity and be delighted he wants away.

The arrival of McGinn has just moved Stanton further down the pecking order.