PDA

View Full Version : Should Scott Allan play for Hibs again?

SunshineOnLeith
28-07-2015, 10:16 PM
We've got two or three threads for debate/calling each other mean names now, but I think it would be interesting to see where we stand as a support on this.

Simple Yes/No question, no "Yes, if.....", or "No, unless.....".

Should Scott Allan play for Hibs again?

For me, he's our best player and I don't believe he'd deliberately play badly - Yes.

Sir David Gray
28-07-2015, 10:18 PM
As things stand just now then no.

frazeHFC
28-07-2015, 10:19 PM
No, he doesn't want to play for the jersey so I don't want him to play.

Benny Brazil
Its a yes from me - he's our player, he's getting paid and at the moment we don't have anyone better than him.

Somehow think this will be resolved before long and we wont have to worry about it.

Pretty Boy
No

Andy74
28-07-2015, 10:20 PM
No

Spudster
28-07-2015, 10:20 PM
I think the easier third option should be. Once he realises we intend him to see out his contract (provided we don't sell to a non cempetitor that he agrees terms with) play him and if he performs keep playing him.

Del Boy
28-07-2015, 10:25 PM
No

One Day Soon
28-07-2015, 10:26 PM
No

Jonnyboy
28-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Great. Tomorrow's DR headline

MAJORITY OF HIBS FANS SAY HE SHOULDN'T PLAY FOR THE CLUB AGAIN

madhatter
28-07-2015, 10:28 PM
No. He has went from saying he is happy here about 7 days ago to transfer request. I'd prefer new player. Abuse is ridiculous but he should never wear the green again.

Andy74
28-07-2015, 10:40 PM
Great. Tomorrow's DR headline

MAJORITY OF HIBS FANS SAY HE SHOULDN'T PLAY FOR THE CLUB AGAIN

Well they will be reporting accurately for a change then.

Greencore
28-07-2015, 10:45 PM
Nut.

bayhibs
28-07-2015, 10:45 PM
He should, if Alan Stubbs selects him.

Sunny1875
28-07-2015, 10:48 PM
He is our player he signed a contract so YES, if he is not able to perform to a decent standard he can always be dropped

lochhibs
28-07-2015, 10:49 PM
not for me.i want players who want to play for hibs.

28-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Disgraceful, disrespectful way he has treated the club. If he's prepared to accept he's going nowhere and is willing to give 100% to hibs then yes but if he is going to act like a silly child and go in the huff then he can gtf

ScottM1875
28-07-2015, 10:52 PM
He's under contract and the best player in the league. Play him and let him hear and see what the fans make of him.

jacomo
28-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Absolutely he should play for us again.

I never asked him to be a Hibs fan, I just want him to fulfil the 2nd year of his contract. He's a professional footballer and I'm sure he will - although it might take a couple of weeks for all this heat to blow over.

SA has, IMO, been manipulated by others here. I don't feel sorry for him - I think he's got a pretty enviable life, all told - but I'm not going to get hysterical because a 23 year old boyhood Rangers fan has been tapped up.

We need him in our team. I look forward to that happening.

#FromTheCapital
28-07-2015, 10:53 PM
No chance.

Eyrie
28-07-2015, 10:56 PM
As things stand, no.

If he withdraws his transfer request then I have no problem with Stubbs selecting him.

But if Allan plays on Saturday he'll have my support.

GreenArmyyy!
28-07-2015, 10:56 PM
Nope, poisonous for morale to have him around the place now plus our whole marketing campaign is "commit now" a bit difficult when our best player won't.

Scottie
28-07-2015, 11:03 PM
No. He has went from saying he is happy here about 7 days ago to transfer request. I'd prefer new player. Abuse is ridiculous but he should never wear the green again.
This must be catching or he's best mates with Fabian Delph (formally happy at Villa 5 days later a Man City player) :rolleyes:

ehf
28-07-2015, 11:05 PM
We've got two or three threads for debate/calling each other mean names now, but I think it would be interesting to see where we stand as a support on this.

Simple Yes/No question, no "Yes, if.....", or "No, unless.....".

Should Scott Allan play for Hibs again?

For me, he's our best player and I don't believe he'd deliberately play badly - Yes.

He's a decent footballer but sadly not right in the head. Poisonous and destructive. That won't change, even at Sevco.

portyhibernian
29-07-2015, 12:10 AM
In Stubbsy I trust, but if I was the manager absolutely not.

greenlex
29-07-2015, 12:10 AM
If he withdraws the transfer request and knuckles down then yes. I don't see why not. The preferred option now must be to sell him tho. Until there quest is withdrawn he should be nowhere near East Mains. If he refuses to be sold elsewhere he can I possibly pull on the jersey again.

.Sean.
29-07-2015, 12:25 AM
Rather offer Rudi Skacel a five-year deal to come out of retirement as opposed to seeing that little rodent in a Hibs top again.

lord bunberry
29-07-2015, 12:36 AM
I worry that if he does play then it becomes more about Scott Allan than winning the game. We don't know what the situation is like at training and around the club in general so it's hard to say whether he should play or not. One way or another this situation will be resolved and if it transpires that he's still here when the window closes I suspect he'll play for us again.

hibbiedon
29-07-2015, 03:33 AM
My opinion is that he should never play for Hibs again and be put on permanent gardening leave as I feel if he plays it will cause unrest among the support and have an adverse effect on the team. I haver booed a Hibs player in my life as they are representing the team I love but I know many will

MWHIBBIES
29-07-2015, 04:04 AM
Public apology to the fans
Private apology to his teammates, manager, coaching staff.
Signs a new contract - don't want him back in the team just to sign for the huns in January.
Gets rid of his agent.

That should just about do it. As things currently stand, he can rot for a year.

Hibernia&Alba
29-07-2015, 04:32 AM
As things stand now, no, IMHO. It's all too much of a circus and a distraction.

PaulC
29-07-2015, 05:01 AM
It is a No from me. Get rid and move on. Ungrateful and disrespectful player who should remember who gave him the chance to resurrect his career.

PeeJay
29-07-2015, 05:03 AM
Yes from me. Our aim as a club is to gain promotion this year,it will be easier with Allan on board than him sitting on a bench somewhere or - worse still - him playing in Glasgow. Hand back his transfer request, tell the lad he will see out his contract and he now simply has to apply himself professionally to the task at hand with the rest of the players in the squad. Stubbs should then put out a statement saying the issue has been resolved and any inquiries from Glasgow are a waste of time, effort and money. When Allan's contract is up he is a free man to do as he wishes ... until then he is a Hibs player. Surely somebody at the club can get this through to Allan and finally get this matter off the table?

We need to focus as a club, and get down to winning promotion, Allan should stay, he should play for us and help get us to get promoted, then he can slink off to the Rangers and help them maybe gain promotion next season ...

BSEJVT
29-07-2015, 05:39 AM
Whilst it's disappointing to say the least the way this has unfolded, it's happened before at clubs bigger than ours and will happen again.

It's an annual occurrence for some Epl clubs and we have seen it all before with various Hibs players over the years to both Rantic teams.

I get that we are competing directly with Rangers this year, but weren't we always supposed to be?

He won't go to Rangers, I doubt very much he will go elsewhere so IMO there is no point cutting off our noses to spite our faces and form permitting I would play him.

Most modern day footballers don't give two hoots for the clubs they are at and would work their ticket out if it suited them, so quite why there is so much vitriol being directed at him I don't get.

Good or bad I would totally ignore him, slating him isn't going to help the team and he certainly isn't worthy of our applause.

fishybeaver
29-07-2015, 05:44 AM
Only to get him cup tied and to make him face the music for his treatment of us.

Squealing pig
29-07-2015, 05:46 AM
No chance

Waxy
29-07-2015, 05:58 AM
No. Loan him to Spartans.

Pete
29-07-2015, 05:59 AM
I don't know.

Ozyhibby
29-07-2015, 06:29 AM
Give me a good but unhappy player over some of the dross we have been watching these last few years anytime. Play him.

Godsahibby
29-07-2015, 06:37 AM
Of course he should. He is a Hibs player. If however he doesn't give everything and be professional about it then he should be dropped for good.

flash
29-07-2015, 06:38 AM
If he ain't leaving then get him on the park. If he decides not to try a leg, which I find hard to believe, then deal with it then.

offshorehibby
29-07-2015, 06:39 AM
In an ideal world i'd have him punted to anybody (for the right price) I have nothing but loathing for the person now but, if he is still at Hibs come the end of the window can we afford to leave him out. So in theory it's a reluctant yes.

flash
29-07-2015, 06:40 AM
I should add my preference is we move him on anywhere except the Huns.

Springbank
29-07-2015, 06:47 AM
I think the easier third option should be. Once he realises we intend him to see out his contract (provided we don't sell to a non cempetitor that he agrees terms with) play him and if he performs keep playing him.

Nail on the head.
football is pragmatic, it will be this

Golden Bear
29-07-2015, 06:53 AM
Of course he should, there's no sense in cutting off our nose to spite our face.

I hate what's happening as much as anybody else (especially the manner in which its been orchestrated,) but at the end of the day if the guy wants to play for his boyhood heroes with probably a greatly enhanced salary, then morals and ethics tend to go out of the window.

It's called human weakness.

Whatever ultimately happens it's a no win situation for us in what has been a miserable pre-season.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-07-2015, 07:02 AM
Another thread straight in the papers :)

Too simplistic. Let the manager do his job ffs.

We talk about (board) interference. is this not just another flavour? If the fans pick the team what's the point of having a manager? The managers job is to get the best out of the resources available. He'll have his work cut out but Stubbs above all is the person to make the call. By inadvertently stoking the flames (albeit its orgins lie elsewhere) were not making Stubbs job easier.

Give Stubbs space and a little time to do his job.

calumhibee1
29-07-2015, 07:05 AM
I'd tell him to stay away from the club until the transfer window shuts. By that point if he's still here I'd then look to see what frame of mind he's in, he'll know he can't go anywhere so may be happy to get back playing and knuckle down and get on with it, or he might be away elsewhere (not Rangers). I don't think he should be playing over the next few games.

offshorehibby
29-07-2015, 07:13 AM
I'd tell him to stay away from the club until the transfer window shuts. By that point if he's still here I'd then look to see what frame of mind he's in, he'll know he can't go anywhere so may be happy to get back playing and knuckle down and get on with it, or he might be away elsewhere (not Rangers). I don't think he should be playing over the next few games.

In doing that, his fitness levels then drop and if he was still here would not be fit enough to play.

I thought Hibs have to provide him with training facilities.

mjhibby
29-07-2015, 07:17 AM
Unless we get a bid acceptable from someone other than sevco then he will be playing. Had stubbs had a full squad to choose from then i would have made him train with the kids till the close of the window then gradually brought him back into the fold.As it is we are down to the bare bones as was shown on saturday. I think he now realises he aint going to sevco and he needs to keep playing for his own sake so while i can see him being left out on saturday he will be in the squad for the first league game.One last thing that hibs should make clear is that he wont be sold to sevco in january either so save all this nonsense happening again. HOPEFULLY GET BACK TO TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL SOON.

hibbydog
29-07-2015, 07:21 AM
A big NO from me.

He needs to understand that pulling on a Hibs strip is a privelege.

Instead he's trying to engineer himself a move to sevco and going out drinking with their players after they humped us 6-2.

Great talent, but his attitude and conduct doesn't meet the minimum standard I expect of a Hibs player.

If the famous five were alive today they'd be turning in their graves....

marinello59
29-07-2015, 07:24 AM
A big NO from me.

Instead he's trying to engineer himself a move to sevco and going out drinking with their players after they humped us 6-2.

Great talent, but his attitude and conduct doesn't meet the minimum standard I expect of a Hibs player.

He didn't go out with the Rangers players on Saturday night.

Bishop Hibee
29-07-2015, 07:29 AM
No. He'll be away before the transfer window closes anyway.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-07-2015, 07:35 AM
A big NO from me.

doh?

"five were alive today they'd be turning in their graves...."

Ronniekirk
29-07-2015, 07:41 AM

We talk about (board) interference. is this not just another flavour? If the fans pick the team what's the point of having a manager? The managers job is to get the best out of the resources available. He'll have his work cut out but Stubbs above all is the person to make the call. By inadvertently stoking the flames (albeit its orgins lie elsewhere) were not making Stubbs job easier.

This for me ,but some people just want to come on and vent anger and frustration,and talk about S. A. Throwing his toys out the pram ,Ironic .
If people can't let Stubbs get on with the good job he has been doing and start boing S. A when he plays ,because the logical conclusion from all this is that he will at some point ,then we risk Stubbs thinking if an offer for me comes in from a club down south maybe I should consider it ,as it's not the board that's not letting me do the job it's the fans.Booing as we have seem impacts on the whole
team and after losing six goals at home the last thing we need is fan unrest just when the feel good factor was flooding back

Paloschi
29-07-2015, 07:53 AM
No.

No player is bigger than the club. There is no need for him to play again. He can rot in the stands. Him and his hun agent have made their bed.

hibbydog
29-07-2015, 07:53 AM
doh?

"five were alive today they'd be turning in their graves...."

Giggle giggle

scott7_0(Prague)
29-07-2015, 07:56 AM
yes he should - if he is deemed fit and well enough to do so. In Stubbs i trust.

Hibs, Scott and The Rangers are all playing the system. But Hibs hold the trump card "The Contract"

Its now up to Scott how to play this, will he focus and get on with his work or will he be a problem and be thrown to the kids for a year.

if he is focused then get him to make a statement to the fans and get him back in the squad.

liamh2202
29-07-2015, 08:18 AM
On my mobile but yes I think he should if he is fit and stubbsy thinks he is up to the job. He would also deserve our support as part of the team if he does play

liamh2202
29-07-2015, 08:20 AM
No.

No player is bigger than the club. There is no need for him to play again. He can rot in the stands. Him and his hun agent have made their bed.

Exactly no player is bigger than the club but you would spite the club to make him sit in the stand,he is the best talent we have so if he is in Stubbs best team then he should play

Paisley Hibby
29-07-2015, 08:26 AM

Exactly. This is all playing exactly as his agent and The Rangers want it to. Our best response would be to calm down and trust Stubbs to manage this. If he wants to play SA that's fine by me.

By the way,I coukdn't help smiling when I saw the current results of this poll. The folk who are right are at 45% :wink:

liamh2202
29-07-2015, 08:31 AM
Exactly. This is all playing exactly as his agent and The Rangers want it to. Our best response would be to calm down and trust Stubbs to manage this. If he wants to play SA that's fine by me.

By the way,I coukdn't help smiling when I saw the current results of this poll. The folk who are right are at 45% :wink:

**** I hope I am not now considered one of the 45 ;)

Heisenberg
29-07-2015, 08:51 AM
I also think he should be playing. He's still our player.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a dirty wee hun rat, but **** him. He isn't going to be playing for them this season so he best get used to it.

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Scott Allan has handed in a Transfer request; nothing more, nothing less.

I can't possibly see how that merits the suggestion that he should never play for Hibs again.

Fans deciding that they've gone off the guy, and demanding he never plays, is playing right into the hands of DerHun and their mates in the Media.

JimBHibees
29-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Scott Allan has handed in a Transfer request; nothing more, nothing less.

I can't possibly see how that merits the suggestion that he should never play for Hibs again.

Fans deciding that they've gone off the guy, and demanding he never plays, is playing right into the hands of DerHun and their mates in the Media.

Absolutely these things happen and fans are so fickle if he were to start on Saturday and score a couple he would be popular again.

Dalianwanda
29-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Yes (if Stubbs thinks he's able)

lyonhibs
29-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Heart - No
Head - Yes.

As Hibs fans, if we let our heads rule our hearts, we'd all have jacked this in a while ago, so - for the one and only time I'll say this - it's a win for "Hearts" for me :greengrin

Will however trust Stubbs' judgement on the matter.

Sir David Gray
29-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Rather offer Rudi Skacel a five-year deal to come out of retirement as opposed to seeing that little rodent in a Hibs top again.

You've just taken that too far! :greengrin

Gatecrasher
29-07-2015, 09:54 AM
If he plays to the same standard then yes.

29-07-2015, 09:55 AM
He's a hibs player, we are paying his wages so until that changes he should be playing and helping us win games. I trust Stubbs and if Stubbs feels that Scott isn't pulling his weight or isn't giving his best then he will be dropped.

bigwheel
29-07-2015, 09:56 AM
I think the answer to this is really simple, if he is training hard and working hard, then he plays. If not, he doesn't

Shaggy
29-07-2015, 10:01 AM
Not playing him is just giving in to his demands, sell him to Celtic as punishment

Onion
29-07-2015, 10:11 AM
I think the answer to this is really simple, if he is training hard and working hard, then he plays. If not, he doesn't

Think the other players and squad moral might have a bearing on whether he plays for Hibs again. Then again, maybe LD will do a Vlad and insist that SA is dropped or sent to the Salt Mines😳

stu in nottingham
29-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Like any other player,he should be available for selection. If selected and he doesn't perform well for any reason then he should be relegated to the subs bench then the development team. If he doesn't show that he has the professionalism to give 100% and earn the money he is being paid he can sit it out and forgo his appearance money and bonus payments.

HappyHanlon
29-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Not a chance in hell.

Doesn't want to play for us, he doesn't play.

He's no interested - if we can't get rid, he trains on own and is banned from ER on match days.

500miles
29-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Play him. If he doesn't perform, drop him.

Tha Cabbage Kid
29-07-2015, 12:00 PM
i voted yes. i think the lad is young and has been advised wrong by his agent, who without a doubt, is looking out for himself.

I think Allan has made a bad decision but im sure the most imortant thing for him is to play football. if he plays badly he wont be picked up. if he plays out of his skin he will get picked up earlier. for some reason he has put in a transfer request knowing we wont sell him the the huns. so why do it? i have no idea.

id put it down to his agent. remember he is still a young lad.

GreenLake
29-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Scott Allan should be kept around as much as possible to remind our players just how vile the huns are and what dirty tricks they have played. He should become a mascot motivating our team to win the league in spite of what Sevco have done. Play him if he merits it but keep him close anyway while he serves his self-imprisonment.

Baader
29-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Yes he should. The worst case scenario was he signed for the Huns. The second worst was they don't get him but he doesn't play for us. Either way it suits who will be our closest promotion rivals and weakens us. So get him sorted out, an apology, a good interview and get him playing. If he's not doing it then drop him the remainder of his contract.

Suarez had the same nonsense before his last season at Anfield with Arsenal and Barca sniffing around and handed in a transfer request. It was refused and he didn't half get on with the job.

flash
29-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Nail on head. If we just discard him then they have won anyway.
If he is still with us he should be in the team. If it then turns out he ain't performing he gets dropped just like anyone else.

allezsauzee
29-07-2015, 12:26 PM
I think some of the hysteria is playing into The Rangers hands a bit. Scott Allan is a gifted player, it's understandable that The Rangers want to sign him. He also followed Rangers as a boy and The Rangers seem to have a close tie to this now defunct club, so maybe it's understandable that he would want to sign for them too. What is out of order is the fact that The Rangers and their media friends are coordinating a campaign to pressure Hibs into letting him go even though the terms are not acceptable to us. If Hibs tell The Rangers to bolt and Allan that he's not going anywhere and that he needs to fight for his place in the Hibs team, we should take it at face value and then hopefully things will settle down again and we can get on with the business of getting our club back in the Premier League.

emerald green
29-07-2015, 12:28 PM
If he doesn't want to play for Hibs anymore then the answer is clearly NO.

The fact that he has now submitted a transfer request, and the timing of it, is ample evidence of his wishes. I can understand any player wanting to move elsewhere to help make his family financially better off / more secure, but would one season at Hibs really be too much to expect from Scott Allan?

I would really like to hear it from Scott Allan. Right from the horse's mouth as it were.

southsider
29-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Yes he should. The worst case scenario was he signed for the Huns. The second worst was they don't get him but he doesn't play for us. Either way it suits who will be our closest promotion rivals and weakens us. So get him sorted out, an apology, a good interview and get him playing. If he's not doing it then drop him the remainder of his contract.

Suarez had the same nonsense before his last season at Anfield with Arsenal and Barca sniffing around and handed in a transfer request. It was refused and he didn't half get on with the job.

To be frank the league we find our club in is full of crap teams. Us and sevco will, I am sure, finish 1st and 2nd if we apply ourselves. First would be great but second and in a play-off with Partick, Ross County or Dundee would do me just fine. With or without SA I look forward to Premier football next season.

The_Sauz
29-07-2015, 12:36 PM
I said No, but if AS thinks he's in the right frame of mind and is fit, the let him play! :agree:

SanFranHibs
29-07-2015, 12:52 PM
I am in a minority, possibly of one, but I actually think he is a little overrated and this is a view I have held through much of last season. He has obvious skill, great, fast feet but his end product leaves something to be desired.

That said and as contradictory as this may seem I would still play him as long as we are paying him. We need all our players fit and able to played when Stubbs might need them and it would not look for Stubbs if he was seen to not play him but have to 'swallow his pride' and play him due to injuries or suspensions.

Whilst here Allan still has a part to play and can still contribute to our title challenge.

I could even understand somewhat his 'ambition' if it was to a decent English club or even Celtic, which would at least guarantee a couple of qualifying games in Europe and a title medal, but to Scottish Championship Rangers? Hardly lofty aims! Not sure if he has even expressed a desire to play for Rangers and maybe he is just using this situation to engineer a move elsewhere. I hope that Hibs are actively seeking to move him on, just not to our divisional rivals. Swap for LG? Ok, tongue in cheek.

But again, whilst here, Stubbs should utilise him.

DH1875
29-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Play him against montrose and see what happens. Can alway hook him at half time if needs be. Should still be good enough to win the game either way.

jacomo
29-07-2015, 01:42 PM
I am in a minority, possibly of one, but I actually think he is a little overrated and this is a view I have held through much of last season. He has obvious skill, great, fast feet but his end product leaves something to be desired.

That said and as contradictory as this may seem I would still play him as long as we are paying him. We need all our players fit and able to played when Stubbs might need them and it would not look for Stubbs if he was seen to not play him but have to 'swallow his pride' and play him due to injuries or suspensions.

Whilst here Allan still has a part to play and can still contribute to our title challenge.

I could even understand somewhat his 'ambition' if it was to a decent English club or even Celtic, which would at least guarantee a couple of qualifying games in Europe and a title medal, but to Scottish Championship Rangers? Hardly lofty aims! Not sure if he has even expressed a desire to play for Rangers and maybe he is just using this situation to engineer a move elsewhere. I hope that Hibs are actively seeking to move him on, just not to our divisional rivals. Swap for LG? Ok, tongue in cheek.

:agree:

You're not in a minority of one, some of the hype around this player has been OTT.

However, us fans love to invest our hopes in a player and after the rubbish we've suffered it was great to have one who could get us off our seats again.

Assuming he doesn't leave, I hope he will play a big role for us this season.

SteveHFC
29-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Allan can do one as far as i'm concerned. Would much rather start one of the youngsters on Saturday than play him.

Billy McKirdy
29-07-2015, 02:13 PM
I voted yes.

As much as his transfer request has pissed me right off he remains a Hibs player and as such will get my full backing whenever he pulls on our colours.
I understand why many fans want him to gtf but he is still one of our best players and should play.

erin go bragh
29-07-2015, 02:15 PM
As long as does the business on the park . But any half decent bid ( Huns excluded) 👋

GGTTH

Lago
29-07-2015, 02:24 PM

I agree and made the point on another thread that there had been no rush of interest from any clubs apart from rangers. Now if he was at such a high level I would have expected others to be sniffing around.

Franck Stanton
29-07-2015, 02:53 PM
IMO he should NEVER play for us again. In fact , the only way he should be allowed to wear a Hibs strip again is if he goes to the Club shop and buys one.
Yes he is a good player, very good. Now having said that, it is Stubbs decision and if he chooses to play the wee rat, I for one will never cheer him or acknowledge anything he does, Have never booed any player wearing the green but feel it better just to ignore him.
Oh, and him issuing any apology in the press would mean nothing, to me anyway, just him looking for an easy time until Jan comes and he signs a pre-contract with the hun and this starts all over again.
The name on the front of the jersey is more important than that on the back [and I don't mean the sponsors ]

Bukta#8
29-07-2015, 03:02 PM
No

leggeto
29-07-2015, 03:27 PM
He never said he doesn't want to play for us,just he'd rather play for another so until that time comes its a yes from me

PS can't vote on ma bloody phone

leggeto
29-07-2015, 03:29 PM
IMO he should NEVER play for us again. In fact , the only way he should be allowed to wear a Hibs strip again is if he goes to the Club shop and buys one.
Yes he is a good player, very good. Now having said that, it is Stubbs decision and if he chooses to play the wee rat, I for one will never cheer him or acknowledge anything he does, Have never booed any player wearing the green but feel it better just to ignore him.
Oh, and him issuing any apology in the press would mean nothing, to me anyway, just him looking for an easy time until Jan comes and he signs a pre-contract with the hun and this starts all over again.
The name on the front of the jersey is more important than that on the back [and I don't mean the sponsors ]

Now I know why your user name is what it is ;)

Pete
29-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Stubbs will know what's best as he sees him every day.

If he's in the team that means he's been cooperating so he should get out full backing for 90 minutes. Leave the other stuff at the door.

CockneyRebel
29-07-2015, 03:42 PM
No

I actually voted NO earlier this morning but I have changed my mind. There are now only two ways IMO that Hibs can rescue anything from this whole sorry saga.

1. Sell AS to anyone except Sevco and use the funds to supplement the team (just can't see many clubs taking a chance on him now).

2. Get SA to see sense and play out his contract and help us get out of this league - can AS straighten out SA's head enough for this to happen?

I see more chance (just a little mind you) that no. 2 is the more likely scenario. I can't change my vote but I can change my mind.

Allant1981
29-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Cant vote on my phone but nope i wouldnt play him, he has caused a lot of unrest at the club recently

NAE NOOKIE
29-07-2015, 04:54 PM
I voted yes.

Much as I want to see the back of him he is a very good player and we cant afford to leave talent like that on the bench. Having said that if for two seconds he looks like he isn't trying then he can sod off and rot. The manager of Birmingham City had a pretty low opinion of his attitude when on loan from West Brom, if he acted like that during his dream chance to make it big down south it doesn't bode well for us ( or him ) if he takes the same approach this time.

PISTOL1875
29-07-2015, 05:01 PM
of course he should play again , starting on Saturday,,

He is our player , he is being payed by us and he's the best player we have,, It's a no-brainer..

IF selected Scott Allan will be professional and play to the best of his abilities...

ballengeich
29-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Yes. For as long as Hibs employ him he should be expected to honour his contract and train and play to the best of his ability.

Malthibby
29-07-2015, 07:18 PM
Public apology to the fans
Private apology to his teammates, manager, coaching staff.
Signs a new contract - don't want him back in the team just to sign for the huns in January.
Gets rid of his agent.

That should just about do it. As things currently stand, he can rot for a year.

What he said - no good for the team now.

JJP
29-07-2015, 07:27 PM
I hope he doesn't. Having said that I won't be booing him if he does.

ancient hibee
29-07-2015, 08:51 PM
What he said - no good for the team now.

Absolute rubbish -the team don't give a tosh-he's the best player.

Peevemor
29-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Absolute rubbish -the team don't give a tosh-he's the best player.

I'm not sure. It'll depend on his attitude/behaviour.

mca
29-07-2015, 09:53 PM
Stubbs will know what's best as he sees him every day.

If he's in the team that means he's been cooperating so he should get out full backing for 90 minutes. Leave the other stuff at the door.

of course he should play again , starting on Saturday,,

He is our player , he is being payed by us and he's the best player we have,, It's a no-brainer..

IF selected Scott Allan will be professional and play to the best of his abilities...

Totally agree - Maybe a Few Months in Reserves - But IMO - I Reckon he will be a Newco player !!! soon

PatHead
29-07-2015, 09:56 PM
Good to see the majority of supporters backing a Hibs player. Wonder if the Daily Record and Sun will report that.

Brightside
29-07-2015, 09:59 PM
If Stubbs wants him to still play he should play. He's a pro and i have no doubt he'd still do the same he'd done for the last year. Ofcourse this means when he doesn't track or mark his man (as he has done all year) he'll get dogs abuse. Fans will be much less forgiving now.

I'd certainly play him v Montrose as he should be able to walk that game.

jacomo
29-07-2015, 11:22 PM
I actually voted NO earlier this morning but I have changed my mind. There are now only two ways IMO that Hibs can rescue anything from this whole sorry saga.

1. Sell AS to anyone except Sevco and use the funds to supplement the team (just can't see many clubs taking a chance on him now).

2. Get SA to see sense and play out his contract and help us get out of this league - can AS straighten out SA's head enough for this to happen?

I see more chance (just a little mind you) that no. 2 is the more likely scenario. I can't change my vote but I can change my mind.

:aok:

This is exactly where we are.

But I'm more confident that SA will stay and play for us.

Celtc will be having cold feet, surely, if they were ever interested in the first place.

Diclonius
30-07-2015, 01:06 AM
He's our best player and unless he fancies a move to the English Championship or Celtic he's not going anywhere. He should play every game.

homielang
30-07-2015, 03:31 AM
If this gets sorted and he trains well then yes he should play. We need all the help we can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
30-07-2015, 04:30 AM
Totally agree - Maybe a Few Months in Reserves - But IMO - I Reckon he will be a Newco player !!! soon

What else can the club say to tell you that he won't be going to them??

225-EasterRd
30-07-2015, 05:14 AM
Yes he should IF STUBBSY thinks thats what is best for Hibs.
:gwa:
Remember any negativity directed at Allan before during or after a game could and will affect the whole team.

Everything Peter Houston said about him seems to be true, he seems to have no loyalty and is motivated only by money. However he is a good player and could be a great player pity the same can't be said about him as a person. you could say he is young and might learn from this however he has made the same mistakes in the past and hasnt learned from that.
:flag:

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2015, 06:54 AM
Yes of course he should, if he remains at Hibs then he is too good a player to leave out. Love the bile aimed at a player and everyone referring to him being under contract as if that really means anything. Then a manager who also is still under contract has a bad run and the same folk want them emptied pronto, contract forgotten about!

Ronster117
30-07-2015, 09:36 PM
No from me, if he wants away open the door and let him go. He is a decent player but players come and go, if he goes we replace him and carry on

Smartie
30-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Who knows where his head is right now?

Alan Stubbs, hopefully.

Stubbs picks the team. if he thinks he should play, he plays. If not, he doesn't.

matty_f
30-07-2015, 09:45 PM
I'm not pleased with what he did, but if we're keeping him so we have a better chance of winning the league, then he needs to play.

tamig
30-07-2015, 10:44 PM
Yes he should play again. Our best player - why not? It didn't affect Scott Brown too badly in 2007.

Libby Hibby
30-07-2015, 10:47 PM
Yes he should, if he withdraws his transfer request and commits to Hibs publicly for the season, I have no issues

Jim44
30-07-2015, 11:42 PM

Based on what? And resulting in untold upheaval for the club. I reckon you're miles wild of the mark.

Greenworld
31-07-2015, 04:58 AM
Of course he should play ludicrous to suggest anything else

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Jim44
31-07-2015, 05:58 AM
I initially voted no but on reflection think that if Stubbs was 100% satisfied that he was getting 100% of him then he should play. Secondly and I'm confessing to a complete U turn here, playing him will take a lot out of the sting that the media and Sevco will be drumming up incessantly. My gung ho, stuff them stance, has been tempered by the thought that the lower the profile this issue has, the better everyone at ER can concentrate on the main objective, promotion.

bigwheel
31-07-2015, 06:12 AM
I think he will start tomorrow....Stubbs will go forward as normal...he is a Hibs player

HibsNutter
31-07-2015, 10:51 AM
Only Stubbs and the coaching staff will know, if he has applied himself in training this week and has shown that his mind is the right place then he should play. If not, and he has been half arsed and causing trouble, it won't be healthy for squad harmony for him to play.

PatHead
31-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Good to see over 60% now backing him. At the beginning I am sure it was more like 35%.

BH Hibs
31-07-2015, 11:01 AM
After taking a couple of days to calm down and think about it then yes absolutely he should play for us again. it'll be a test of Stubbsy's man management capabilities but hopefully he can get him to but into his plans and visions for the team again. Funnily enough the pitch may be the best place for SA to be at the moment but ultimately it depends on his attitude. I'd say c'mon Scott let's put all this crap behind us.and get out on the park and play if he can do that he will have my full support. :flag:

J-C
31-07-2015, 11:16 AM
I originally said no but after listening to Stubbs I feel he has the whole situation under hand and has a good working relationship with Allan. Now that Allan realises what the scenario that he's going nowhere, i feel he'll knuckle down and be professional, not to say that if another club offers the right money he'll be gone.

Argylehibby
31-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Montrose will think they have a real chance tomorrow. Hibs in turmoil, best player not up for it and that's if he even gets a game. Fans ready to give him abuse at the first mistake if he plays etc. etc. If SA plays tomorrow I really hope he and the rest of the team gets the backing from the stands.

Cod Boy
31-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Should be good enough to beat Montrose without Scott Allan

Evergreen86
31-07-2015, 12:10 PM
Wouldnt it be funny after all this......

If SA signed an extension to his current contract, realised he would be no better in a Rangers team than ours, Helps us win the league then sold for what he is worth and not like he is something out the littlewoods catalogue!

In all seriousness, he has a chance to change his usual 'spit the dummy' attitude...Something I cant understand as he has won nothing in his career so far so it must be purely money motivated.......he talks plenty about WANTING to being a winner as reasons for his many moves etc but when it comes down to it he has nothing to show...........He has a chance to be a winner at Hibs, a chance I genuinely feel is greater than what it would be at Rangers regardless of the result at ER.

DH1875
31-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Should be good enough to beat Montrose without Scott Allan

Which is why he should play. After 45 mins we'll all know if his hearts in it or not.

Calum68
31-07-2015, 01:19 PM
I was pssed off the same as most but my view now is that if Alan Stubbs selects him then we should all get behind him and support the team. We stop supporting a player wearing a green shirt on the park then we should all give up.

Dashing Bob S
31-07-2015, 01:30 PM
I initially voted no but on reflection think that if Stubbs was 100% satisfied that he was getting 100% of him then he should play. Secondly and I'm confessing to a complete U turn here, playing him will take a lot out of the sting that the media and Sevco will be drumming up incessantly. My gung ho, stuff them stance, has been tempered by the thought that the lower the profile this issue has, the better everyone at ER can concentrate on the main objective, promotion.

I agree - it's all down to the player's attitude and application. If he's smart, knuckles down and performs, then he can pick from a wide range of lucrative options when his contract expires.

If he's not and decides to sulk, playing the martyr to the weedgie flute-playing press, he sits in the stands for a key season in his development as a player, and signs for the Huns as a guy who has taken a year out and needs a fair bit essential rehab of game time in order to come near to fulfilling his potential of a year ago.

Up to him.

You can rest assured that Stubbs and the club will get on with it, with or without his help.

--------
31-07-2015, 03:33 PM

I think that this is pretty well exactly where I stand on this.

Banning him from ever playing for the team again would be, in my opinion, rather vindictive and likely to have a negative effect on at least some of the other players. Scott's a signed player on contract to Hibs for the season; if we don't trust Alan Stubbs to be capable of judging the player's attitude and state of mind and selecting or not selecting him accordingly, then it would seem to be pretty daft for the club to have extended his contract and the contracts of his coaching team.

What Scott does at the end of the season is his business - it's a fact of life in Scottish football that a large number of players support the OF teams and have strong ambitions to play for them, and we just have to get on with this. I don't like it - as far as I'm concerned Sevco have tapped our best player and unsettled him by making a private approach before speaking to the Hibs board. That private approach very quickly was made public by a Sevco-worshipping sports media and it appears that there's neither the regulations in place nor the will to frame such regulations to prevent them doing this.

But whether we like it or not we're contracted to pay the player until the end of the season or until such time as he leaves to join another club. I would trust Alan Stubbs to be a sufficiently perceptive coach to judge Scott's attitude and state of mind and body well enough to play him or not according to the same criteria as he plays the rest of the squad. And I would hope that Scott himself will respond in a properly professional manner.

I think Bob puts the situation in a nutshell in #132 - it's up to Scott Allan either to be a man and step up to the plate and play, or be a silly wee boy and sulk, in which case he'll waste a year at a crucial stage of his career and do himself no favours at all.

anon1875
31-07-2015, 03:36 PM
I hope Allan goes out with a point to prove tomorrow.

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Montrose will think they have a real chance tomorrow. Hibs in turmoil, best player not up for it and that's if he even gets a game. Fans ready to give him abuse at the first mistake if he plays etc. etc. If SA plays tomorrow I really hope he and the rest of the team gets the backing from the stands.

Hibs are not in turmoil......

marinello59
31-07-2015, 03:42 PM

Aye, far from it. We're actually in a pretty good place after the events of the past week are looked at.

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2015, 03:43 PM
Aye, far from it. We're actually in a pretty good place after the events of the past week are looked at.

Indeed:aok:

Godsahibby
31-07-2015, 03:47 PM
I think he needs to start tomorrow. If he is dropped then will definitely be a sign of weakness. Play him, business as usual. Fair enough Scott you have handed in a transfer request but you are our player and we have made our position clear now go out and be a professional. By playing him it shows the club are still behind him and it is a fk you to sevco.

147lothian
31-07-2015, 03:55 PM
It seems like we got it right on the Scott Allan saga and im excited about he signing of McGinn I also think the payers buy into Stubbs footballing philosophy so IMO were moving in the right direction

Torto7062
31-07-2015, 04:16 PM
He is our player he signed a contract so YES, if he is not able to perform to a decent standard he can always be dropped

Agreed......now play him because it puts him in the shop window

GGTTH

Argylehibby
31-07-2015, 04:21 PM

I didn't say we were, I said Montrose will fancy their chances because they will feel that we are.

I'm pretty sure that the Montrose manager will be drumming it into his players that there is in fighting in our dressing room, that the crowd will be on the back of our star player maybe before a ball is kicked, morale will be low, got tanked last week by our rivals etc. etc. and all the time talking up their chances to his players.

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2015, 04:27 PM
I didn't say we were, I said Montrose will fancy their chances because they will feel that we are.

I'm pretty sure that the Montrose manager will be drumming it into his players that there is in fighting in our dressing room, that the crowd will be on the back of our star player maybe before a ball is kicked, morale will be low, got tanked last week by our rivals etc. etc. and all the time talking up their chances to his players.

He can say all he wants, but it's Montrose, so he better have some imagination.....

erin go bragh
31-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Any player that wears our famous green and white I'll support. With the crowd set to be smaller than usual. Perfect time I'd say for Stubbs to play Allan .

GGTTH

31-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Scott Allan basically has 2 choices, he a) goes in a sulk at not getting his "dream move" and starts slaking off in defiance or b) he accepts hibs decision not to sell him, he puts it behind him and he concentrates on having another great season for hibs thus giving him plenty clubs interested in him come next summer.

I seriously hope he is mature enough to go with the latter. Sulking and making life difficult will only be detrimental to his career as I firmly believe Stubbs will not let him away with that and have him benched therefore he looses match fitness and is not getting the same recognition. Additionally I believe it will put some clubs off wanting to buy him, no club (certainly not the bigger clubs) wants huffy, bratty trouble making players in their dressing room.

SanFranHibs
31-07-2015, 08:37 PM

Of course we are !!

Hibs board issuing positive statements of intent. Manager signing a contract extension. Signing of a few decent players. What a shambles !!!!