PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan's agent

JimBHibees
28-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Not Viola but apparently this clown

Alan Houldsworth - https://twitter.com/Aldo_H_

Given the campaign keeping a bizarre low profile.

bill the hibby
28-07-2015, 08:57 PM

See he retweeted this "When a player hands in a transfer request they lose a fortune. At least we know young Scott Allan is looking to move for the right reasons"...the fact the guy shares this opinion shows you what hibs are up against.

Weststandwanab
28-07-2015, 09:09 PM
See he retweeted this "When a player hands in a transfer request they lose a fortune. At least we know young Scott Allan is looking to move for the right reasons"...the fact the guy shares this opinion shows you what hibs are up against.

A fortune being 3% of the transfer fee (think about it) less agent's cut less tax and national Insurance !

A fortune I think not.

greenginger
28-07-2015, 09:11 PM

Maybe keeping a low profile because he does not have a license to work as an Agent.

http://playeragents.co.uk/Scotland.html

SneakersO'Toole
28-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Like most agents, just another cretin in a long line of cretins. The fact he's publically shown his hand on social media reaffirms my opinion that the guy is a buffoon.

Leeann eats muppets like this guy for breakfast.

Springbank
28-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Scott Allan is a smashing player

His agent offers lousy advice

Scott's had 2 years out of the last 4 spending Saturday watching Jeff Stelling

His agent just made it 3/5

Will Sevco offer £8k a week in 2016 to a laddie who hasn't kicked a ball since 26/7/15?

Go figure

Badly advised, Scott. Badly advised.

gegs70
28-07-2015, 09:33 PM
You would think his agent would have put something in the contract that would allow him to leave if a so called "bigger Club" came in for him? Although they would have to work out what they mean by Bigger Club???

Springbank
28-07-2015, 09:35 PM
One that is too young for primary school still? Not an easy argument to win

#geniusAgent

Bayern Bru
28-07-2015, 09:52 PM
Maybe keeping a low profile because he does not have a license to work as an Agent.

Apparently he does.

http://www.fifa.com/governance/agents/association=sco/players-agents/index.html

Billy Whizz
28-07-2015, 09:58 PM

Is that not an old list? Still got Darren Jackson on it

O'Rourke3
28-07-2015, 10:03 PM
You would think his agent would have put something in the contract that would allow him to leave if a so called "bigger Club" came in for him? Although they would have to work out what they mean by Bigger Club???
Well they might and if such a clause existed we would not be be discussing verbal agreements. However I would expect any club - especially a club with a murky RP type character in the background orchestrating things to qualify that with "acceptable offer".

greenginger
28-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Apparently he does.

http://www.fifa.com/governance/agents/association=sco/players-agents/index.html

Drat, and double drat ! :greengrin

Thanks for the info.

liamh2202
28-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Is that not an old list? Still got Darren Jackson on it

Is Darren not an agent anymore? He helped me out when I was a youngster

madhatter
28-07-2015, 10:08 PM
The agent is a hun as well. Enough said.

We gave Scott Allan a chance and he chooses to spit back at us - he should sit in stands until his contract runs out.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2015, 10:08 PM
Is Darren not an agent anymore? He helped me out when I was a youngster

He's Dundee United's 1st team coach

liamh2202
28-07-2015, 10:09 PM
He's Dundee United's 1st team coach

Ah didn't know that . cheers for the info

GreenOnions
28-07-2015, 11:17 PM
Scott Allan is a smashing player

His agent offers lousy advice

Scott's had 2 years out of the last 4 spending Saturday watching Jeff Stelling

His agent just made it 3/5

Will Sevco offer £8k a week in 2016 to a laddie who hasn't kicked a ball since 26/7/15?

Go figure

Badly advised, Scott. Badly advised.

This is bang on. In the long run the person most at risk of suffering negative consequences here in the long run is Scott Allan.

His agent has misjudged this very badly. I think he ought to have sussed out that Hibs would never sell Scott to Rangers - or certainly not now that TRFC can't offer the sort of money that would make it worth Hibs' while by enabling us to replace him using a sizeable transfer fee. TRFC, the media and this agent have all tried using each other on this but they will walk away unscathed at the end leaving Scott's career in jeopardy.

Scott will either have to buckle down and show Alan Stubbs he deserves to be back in the Hibs team (which will be very hard), accept a move to a club other than Rangers or play no competitive football for the next twelve months. The DR and Sun journalists will have moved on to other stories, TRFC will have signed someone else instead and the agent will go about managing the careers of his other clients.

matty_f
28-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Scott Allan's agent has made a huge mistake and hung him out to dry. No way of going to The Rangers, and it's hard to conceive of a way back for him at Hibs - he's effectively left his client in limbo.

What a tool.

WellingtonHibby
28-07-2015, 11:46 PM
Scott Allan's agent has made a huge mistake and hung him out to dry. No way of going to The Rangers, and it's hard to conceive of a way back for him at Hibs - he's effectively left his client in limb

What a tool.

I dont really buy this Scott Allan isnt a muppet, he will have know the exact consequences of what he's done. I refuse to absolve him of blame on the bais that its all his agents gerrymandering.

matty_f
28-07-2015, 11:48 PM
I dont really buy this Scott Allan isnt a muppet, he will have know the exact consequences of what he's done. I refuse to absolve him of blame on the bais that its all his agents gerrymandering.

I'm not absolving him of anything, but he'll have acted on the advice of his agent.

Forza Fred
29-07-2015, 05:04 AM

Usually the standard way to do it is simply write in that if a bid comes in for x amount or more the club has to accept it

Happened to someone I know who had a million written in.....at least that is what the papers were reporting at the time

offshorehibby
29-07-2015, 07:07 AM
Usually the standard way to do it is simply write in that if a bid comes in for x amount or more the club has to accept it

Happened to someone I know who had a million written in.....at least that is what the papers were reporting at the time

I would have thought this would have been a given for a young player with high potential. Looks like his agent has blundered again.

Bristolhibby
29-07-2015, 07:10 AM

What would be the point of Hibs agreeing to that contract term?

J

Onion
29-07-2015, 07:52 AM

Not rocket science. A number like £1million release clause would have shut everyone up and made it plain to the Huns what they needed to stump up. Poorly advised by a poor agent who's letting his client down.

stuart62
29-07-2015, 08:07 AM

Surely the definition of a bigger club would be one that finished higher up the league than you, so that kind of sorts that argument out !!
They are a new club with no history, they're not a bigger club :)

liamh2202
29-07-2015, 08:25 AM
Surely the definition of a bigger club would be one that finished higher up the league than you, so that kind of sorts that argument out !!

This argument is tiresome. They are the same bigoted , horrible club , make no mistake.. And for a player they are certainly bigger I would say. You don't judge a clubs size on where they finish in the league . let's not kid ourselves just look at their fan base. It does not mean we need to bow down to them though

GreenArmyyy!
29-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Tweeted him last night, his feed is filled with The Rangers crap. What chance has Allan got. His agent could have put the final nail in his career coffin.

J-C
29-07-2015, 09:05 AM

Would you class Spurs and Everton as bigger than Man U 2 seasons ago?

DH1875
29-07-2015, 09:58 AM

Do most of the clubs in Europe do this? I know its what happens with contracts in Spain. Some of the buy outs are for crazy prices though.

biggineurope
29-07-2015, 11:33 AM
My feelings about Football Agents are best descibed in a quote from the late great Brian Clough

" Back in my day there was only one agent and that was 007, he only humped women not football clubs"

anon1875
29-07-2015, 05:53 PM
I feel sorry for Scott Allan. He's been made to look like a complete fool by Rangers because if they were serious about signing him this year they would of made us an offer we couldn't refuse (1m). The fact is they don't have that kind of cash anymore to spend on transfer fees when they can get Allan next summer for **** all. It's a win win situation for Rangers though, if we accept the bid they get their man, if we reject it they still manage to unsettle Allan before a crucial game. Even though it was a diddy cup game, it still sets the level of expectation for the season. I'm pleased with Stubbsy signing on for another two years, he's been great imo. I think Allan should play for the rest of the season also.

hibee
30-07-2015, 06:12 AM
Looks like his agent caused trouble at Dundee Utd too when he was there:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united-boss-peter-houston-1082531

The_Horde
30-07-2015, 06:23 AM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united-boss-peter-houston-1082531

You'd think he might've learned his lesson.

Danderhall Hibs
30-07-2015, 09:22 AM
The player employs the agent - you'd think if he wasn't happy with what he was doing he wouldn't ask him to do it in the first place?

JimBHibees
30-07-2015, 09:25 AM

That was his previous agent. Different guy now.

JimBHibees
30-07-2015, 09:26 AM
The player employs the agent - you'd think if he wasn't happy with what he was doing he wouldn't ask him to do it in the first place?

Indeed. If he was in any way bothered by the campaign dont think he would have then put in a transfer request.

Del Boy
30-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Indeed. If he was in any way bothered by the campaign dont think he would have then put in a transfer request.

Looking at his career, I don't think he's too bothered if he plays that much football as long as he's earning big money.

Mikeystewart
23-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Only digging this up as I believe Cummings' Agent is the same chap, Alan Houldsworth. Hopefully we are not in for a repeat of last summer.

Keith_M
23-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Only digging this up as I believe Cummings' Agent is the same chap, Alan Houldsworth. Hopefully we are not in for a repeat of last summer.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised.

Ozyhibby
23-02-2016, 04:04 PM
That's a problem for the summer.
We can only focus on promotion first. Once that's achieved we can worry about Cummings' contract situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk