PDA

View Full Version : Dear Scott Allan...

Northernhibee
28-07-2015, 07:58 PM
...we saved your career from the doldrums. We can just as easily let you sit in the stand, train by yourself for a year and put your career back in the doldrums. Let's see if Sevco want a player who hasn't played in a year. A loan deal or selling you to another club would be far too easy :agree:

Am I alone in wanting to see Hibs making a real, real further statement of intent here? You come to Hibs to give your all for the shirt and honour your word. If you disrespect the club or the support then you will not get the easy way out. No loan deals, no reserves game time, no mulling around EM spreading his negativity - don't darken our door again.

ancient hibee
28-07-2015, 08:01 PM
No because they are in the football game and know how the world turns.

SneakersO'Toole
28-07-2015, 08:02 PM
Dear S.Allan,

You are a liar. Hibs will always be bigger than any player. You should have learned this before you went down the path of disloyalty and deceit. Enjoy sitting in the stands eating our god awful pies.

Yours,
The Hibs Support

ancient hibee
28-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Dear S.Allan,

You are a liar. Hibs will always be bigger than any player. You should have learned this before you went down the path of disloyalty and deceit. Enjoy sitting in the stands eating our god awful pies.

Yours,
The Hibs Support
Speak for yourself and not for me please.

Pretty Boy
28-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Dear Scott

See ya

Hibeesmad
28-07-2015, 08:05 PM
He knows that we won't sell to Rangers

He has basically already came out and said that he will do everything he can to help the team this season then go onto better things at the end of the season. He should have stood by that and then go onto sign a pre contract with Rangers if that is the move he really wants. But to come out and hand in a transfer request because of a ridiculous bid by our main rivals. It's unprofessional and I can only guess that it's his agents trying to push the deal over the line here, with a bit of help from the media.

cleanyman
28-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Put in a good performance on Saturday.

As we expect.

Greencore
Dear Scott Allan, not the first time you have made this stunt. Didn't you do the same with Dundee Hibs? Look where that got you.

You have dis respected the club that puts food on your table. Let's make something clear here, we are not angry because you want to join sevco. We are angry because of the lies you told and how you said you wanted to repay us for our support by seeing out your contract.

You are replaceable, we have had better and we will have better in the future.

Thanks Scott.

Allant1981
Speak for yourself and not for me please.

So you think what SA has done is ok?

bigwheel
oh great, just what we need....a thread for more anger towards Scott Allan

liamh2202
Dear Scott Allan. Some of us actually would like you to do a job for us before you leave.. Come out and say you are committed here until you get your move and we will back you until that day comes ,,

As of yet he has not acted bigger than the club but it would be nice for him to confirm his intentions if rangers don't pay up

ancient hibee
28-07-2015, 08:07 PM
So you think what SA has done is ok?

Of course-it's football.Do you think Hibs should never sign a player who's asked for a transfer?

bill the hibby
28-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Dear Scott Allan. Some of us actually would like you to do a job for us before you leave.. Come out and say you are committed here until you get your move and we will back you until that day comes ,,

As of yet he has not acted bigger than the club but it would be nice for him to confirm his intentions if rangers don't pay up

Him handing in a written transfer request is surely evidence to show he isn't committed to the club?

Scottie
28-07-2015, 08:11 PM
What you expect ?

A thread telling him how appreciated and thankful his loyalty is to us. :rolleyes:

liamh2202
28-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Him handing in a written transfer request is surely evidence to show he isn't committed to the club?

I was happy with broony thommo and caldwell playing after transfer requests and if Scott will still put in a shift for us this time is no different. No player is bigger than the club so if he will help us get promoted the club comes first

bigwheel
28-07-2015, 08:12 PM
What you expect ?

A thread telling him how appreciated and thankful his loyalty is to us. :rolleyes:

maybe I just hoped the hate and anger would stick to the ones already open...:confused:

SneakersO'Toole
28-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Of course-it's football.Do you think Hibs should never sign a player who's asked for a transfer?

You think a player than has lied (on more than one occasion) and played his role in disrupting one of the biggest and most important seasons in recent times for us is within his rights? Aye, nae bother.

The guy is snake. Completely disrespected the club, Alan Stubbs, the first team and the fans who welcomed him.

He has played this whole scenario deplorably and frankly deserves to be treated like a wee laddie who has been told no.

McKenzie
28-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Dear Scott,

Please never set foot inside our club again. You have showed total disrespect to both the club and the management team who have helped you get back to your best.

Northernhibee
28-07-2015, 08:15 PM
FWIW I think we should have a super loud "There's only one Stubbsy" chant to show our support for his strength to say no to the ungrateful wee rat.

Pretty Boy
28-07-2015, 08:16 PM

There's ways and means of doing things.

Waxy
28-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Why do people want him to play for us again?
We'll be as good as playing with 10 men.He's a fraud.

liamh2202
28-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Why do people want him to play for us again?
We'll be as good as playing with 10 men.He's a fraud.

Not true

Is there any evidence of players not trying after handing in s transfer request?

Michael
28-07-2015, 08:20 PM
He's been badly advised by someone. The best thing he could have done was sign an extension and get bought for a lot of money by a big club next summer. That way you are guaranteed game time plus a very nice wage. Derek Riordan made a similar mistake (although obviously he didn't alienate the Hibs support in the process).

SneakersO'Toole
28-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Not true

Is there any evidence of players not trying after handing in s transfer request?

He's a liar and and a troublemaker. Both past and recent history shows this. We are not a one man team. We are better off without him in the side and having eleven players on a Saturday who want to play for the club.

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2015, 08:29 PM
Not true

Stubbs did say he was not in the right frame of mind to start on Saturday, that affected the team. He does seem a bit of a drama queen going by what's happened at Dundee Utd and West Brom.

I'm not convinced he's going to play for us again, but if he does he will need to eat a huge piece of humble pie, and the fans will need to be very understanding and keep off his back.

Then come December or even earlier, the speculation starts again and this disruption starts all over again.

Is it all worth it?

majorhibs
28-07-2015, 08:29 PM

175k- then 225k- you are defending the huns daeing that? Sorry you are the judas allan or a hun! 225k? Seriously? So the hun & all its machinations & the wee rat that is allan is behaving well towards Hibs goal of automatic promotion this season? One, 1, reason for you to defend your stance?

erskine-hibby
28-07-2015, 08:30 PM
From a first team regular to a development squad wannabe in one move...now that's some going.

Pretty Boy
28-07-2015, 08:31 PM

He's caused this situation. No one else.

Bayern Bru
28-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Dear S.Allan,

Yours,
The Hibs Support

Disgusting post IMO :bitchy:

The pies aren't that bad.

marinello59
28-07-2015, 08:37 PM
He's not a rat (not a term I like(l) or a judas. He's just your typical modern footballer whose only loyalty is to himself.. Given his past history I can't believe that anybody is surprised. He is quite entitled to put on a transfer request and Hibs are perfectly entitled to deny him a move to our rivals this season. I can't be bothered getting outraged, he certainly ain't bigger than the team.

Hibs1992
28-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Football is a funny/fickle game. This time of the year 2 years ago Luis Suarez was trying to orchestrate a move from Liverpool to Arsenal and publically stated his desire to make the move. He came incredibly close to inspiring that Liverpool team to the title after the move to Arsenal was shut down by Liverpool.

Funny things happen in this game and Scott Allan is still an exceptionally talented player for the level we are at just now.

If he is still with the club at the end of the window I would not be surprised to see him involved in the team. Good performances on the park have a funny way of making people forget.

Probably get torn apart for saying it but just don't think it is outwith the realms of possibility.

bigwheel
28-07-2015, 08:39 PM
175k- then 225k- you are defending the huns daeing that? Sorry you are the judas allan or a hun! 225k? Seriously? So the hun & all its machinations & the wee rat that is allan is behaving well towards Hibs goal of automatic promotion this season? One, 1, reason for you to defend your stance?

so you took all that from my post did you....well, thats pretty er....ridiculous

Just because I don't want another hate filled thread does not suggest in any way I agree with any of these actions...it simply means we have enough threads for the anger...

as for your accusations - well, I think your Mum is calling in you for bedtime....

Argylehibby
28-07-2015, 08:40 PM
He's been badly advised by someone. The best thing he could have done was sign an extension and get bought for a lot of money by a big club next summer. That way you are guaranteed game time plus a very nice wage. Derek Riordan made a similar mistake (although obviously he didn't alienate the Hibs support in the process).

Interesting you mention Deeks, a parallel in many ways. Deek signed a pre contract with Celtic basically telling Hibs he wants to leave and play for someone else. Scott Allan has handed in a transfer request saying he wants to play for someone else. Both were the clubs best players at the time.

Deek signed a contract that put pressure on the club to sell him early which they did. SA has tried to do the same by handing in the transfer request but it's not worked as he had hoped. DR actually went as far as signing a contract that would put him out of football for a couple of months and would have delayed the signing for Celtic by a couple of weeks to make sure we got no fee unless we let him go early. SA forcing the issue would get the club money, seeing out the contract would get us no fee.

Derek is still a hero who some would still like to see sign again, SA is seen by even more as the devil.

erskine-hibby
28-07-2015, 08:43 PM
He's not a rat (not a term I like(l) or a judas. He's just your typical modern footballer whose only loyalty is to himself.. Given his past history I can't believe that anybody is surprised. He is quite entitled to put on a transfer request and Hibs are perfectly entitled to deny him a move to our rivals this season. I can't be bothered getting outraged, he certainly ain't bigger than the team.
He is a rat and a judas.
He swore he would see out his contract, give his all to win us promotion and he does this?

marinello59
28-07-2015, 08:48 PM
He is a rat and a judas.
He swore he would see out his contract, give his all to win us promotion and he does this?

He said he would. I can't remember him swearing it. I ain't defending him here by the way, I find the attitude of the player frustrating but all too familiar. That's fitba.
There is a positive to take from all this and that is that our club have stood up to Sevco. We will be stronger for that.

AlbertK86
28-07-2015, 08:48 PM
I was happy with broony thommo and caldwell playing after transfer requests and if Scott will still put in a shift for us this time is no different. No player is bigger than the club so if he will help us get promoted the club comes first

Well said

erskine-hibby
28-07-2015, 08:50 PM
He said he would. I can't remember him swearing it. I ain't defending him here by the way, I find the attitude of the player frustrating but all too familiar. That's fitba.
There is a positive to take from all this and that is that our club have stood up to Sevco. We will be stronger for that.
👍

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

tamig
28-07-2015, 09:03 PM
It would be interesting to hear the latest chats between Allan and his agent. I would imagine he may be thinking this isn't panning out the way it was meant to. This episode could end up being a major setback for his career. I'm proud the way we aren't folding on this. We just need to stand up on the pitch now.

#FromTheCapital
28-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Not true

Why would we play someone who openly admits they would rather play for our biggest rivals this season? How would that feel to other players being kept on the sidelines every week.

Get him to ****.

liamh2202
28-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Why would we play someone who openly admits they would rather play for our biggest rivals this season? How would that feel to other players being kept on the sidelines every week.

Get him to ****.

Like we did with players previously mentioned. The only issue we has was Caldwell selling a goal against Celtic because he was getting abused by a section of his own support .

SneakersO'Toole
28-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Like we did with players previously mentioned. The only issue we has was Caldwell selling a goal against Celtic because he was getting abused by a section of his own support .

So why risk it? One goal could be the difference between one and no points which could be the difference between winning the league.

The principle is the most important thing here. He has betrayed and disrespected the club. That equals the end of the road in my book.

Onion
28-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Interesting you mention Deeks, a parallel in many ways. Deek signed a pre contract with Celtic basically telling Hibs he wants to leave and play for someone else. Scott Allan has handed in a transfer request saying he wants to play for someone else. Both were the clubs best players at the time.

Deek signed a contract that put pressure on the club to sell him early which they did. SA has tried to do the same by handing in the transfer request but it's not worked as he had hoped. DR actually went as far as signing a contract that would put him out of football for a couple of months and would have delayed the signing for Celtic by a couple of weeks to make sure we got no fee unless we let him go early. SA forcing the issue would get the club money, seeing out the contract would get us no fee.

Derek is still a hero who some would still like to see sign again, SA is seen by even more as the devil.

And the obvious difference is.... Hibs are in a head-to-head battle for promotion with the other club. If SA and his agent don't understand the significance of that, then they are in for a bit of a shock :greengrin This is unlike most other transfer battles.

Greencore
28-07-2015, 09:18 PM
We pay his wage. We deserve better.

hibee316
28-07-2015, 09:20 PM
The principle is the most important thing here. He has betrayed and disrespected the club. That equals the end of the road in my book.

No, the most important thing is how he will perform on the park. The principle has hee-haw to do with it!
The fact that he has said he wants to play for the club he supported as a kid, and everyone is spewing about it, is the reason I am glad most people on here have no say in our team selection!

SneakersO'Toole
28-07-2015, 09:24 PM
No, the most important thing is how he will perform on the park. The principle has hee-haw to do with it!
The fact that he has said he wants to play for the club he supported as a kid, and everyone is spewing about it, is the reason I am glad most people who have no say in our team selection!

He has openly said he wants to play for our biggest rivals to the championship this season and you are still okay with him pulling on a Hibs jersey? Thankfully you aren't in charge.

Pretty Boy
28-07-2015, 09:24 PM
The fact that he has said he wants to play for the club he supported as a kid, and everyone is spewing about it, is the reason I am glad most people who have no say in our team selection!

I couldn't give a flying one if it's the club he supported as a kid or not.

He signed a 2 year contract with us when clubs, including his boyhood heroes, were hardly queuing up to sign him. Now he fancies a wee trip along the M8 and we should just accept it? I think not.

hibee316
28-07-2015, 09:28 PM
He has openly said he wants to play for our biggest rivals to the championship this season and you are still okay with him pulling on a Hibs jersey? Thankfully you aren't in charge.

If he wants a move, he will have to perform well.
The question is do you;
1) not want him playing because he disloyal and it pisses you off?
2) not want to him to play because you think he won't try his hardest for the whole season ?

hibee316
28-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Now he fancies a wee trip along the M8 and we should just accept it? I think not.

...but we aren't accepting it are we? He won't go to the the the Rangers.

So making him sit on the bench for a whole season is a wise move for Hibernian Football Club?
IMO that is cutting of your nose to spite your face. Hibs need to be the bigger party in this, and to tell SA to shut up and play for the team. If it means him not playing for a few weeks so be it. On his game, he makes the difference between winning and losing.

Pretty Boy
28-07-2015, 09:37 PM
...but we aren't accepting it are we? He won't go to the the the Rangers.

So making him sit on the bench for a whole season is a wise move for Hibernian Football Club?
IMO that is cutting of your nose to spite your face. Hibs need to be the bigger party in this, and to tell SA to shut up and play for the team. If it means him not playing for a few weeks so be it. On his game, he makes the difference between winning and losing.

We now have a situation were a player who can sign a pre contract with likely our biggest rivals for the league in early December has handed in a transfer request because he sees his footballing future with that club.

I'd rather he wasn't involved in the 1st team.

mcfly
28-07-2015, 09:43 PM
This is now a point of principal and I'm very proud that hibs are not being bullied into this sale.

Hibs pay his wages and as he says he doesn't wish to be part of the team he must therefore be removed from the 1st team training squad.
He's stated he doesn't wish to play for hibs so put him on gardening leave - make him attend every game. But don't give him what he wants.

This is however a big test of Alan Stubbs man management. How he handles this. Easy for me to say the above

Anyway better players than Scott Allan have left hibs. Forget him and back the players who want to help us win the league.

hibee316
28-07-2015, 09:45 PM
We now have a situation were a player who can sign a pre contract with likely our biggest rivals for the league in early December has handed in a transfer request because he sees his footballing future with that club.

I'd rather he wasn't involved in the 1st team.

As a fan, I probably don't either. But, he is our asset and I think he can still play for us. If Hibs don't play him at all this season,he is of no use to anyone. Therefor the cards are in our hands...

lucky
28-07-2015, 09:48 PM
The transfer request has in my mine sealed his fate. He's not going to ibrox and won't play for Hibs again. His best hope now is a year off not playing 1st team football. Unless his useless agent gets him another club. Another player very badly advised. He must have known Hibs were never selling to Rangers

Lee Marvin
28-07-2015, 09:53 PM
The transfer request has in my mine sealed his fate. He's not going to ibrox and won't play for Hibs again. His best hope now is a year off not playing 1st team football. Unless his useless agent gets him another club. Another player very badly advised. He must have known Hibs were never selling to Rangers

He will never play for hibs again. If we can't punt him, why not loan him out? Gets him off the books and takes the poison out the club.

stantonhibby
28-07-2015, 09:59 PM
Stubbs did say he was not in the right frame of mind to start on Saturday, that affected the team. He does seem a bit of a drama queen going by what's happened at Dundee Utd and West Brom.

I'm not convinced he's going to play for us again, but if he does he will need to eat a huge piece of humble pie, and the fans will need to be very understanding and keep off his back.

Then come December or even earlier, the speculation starts again and this disruption starts all over again.

Is it all worth it?

Probably a first but I agree with you. The whole thing is now a sideshow we could do without in a huge season for the club.

Hermit Crab
28-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Because bibs are making a stand here and Allan will clearly not get his move to rangers, does anyone think he may well withdraw his request? A public apology would of course be needed if this was the case.

Cod Boy
28-07-2015, 10:16 PM
He will never play for hibs again. If we can't punt him, why not loan him out? Gets him off the books and takes the poison out the club.

Wouldn't loan him out just leave him out the squad

One Day Soon
28-07-2015, 10:24 PM
All so utterly predictable. From Rangers, from the player and from his agent.

Loan him out, let him rot in the reserves our sell him South. But no Rangers and no first team games.

Make no mistake though, losing him at this late stage of the pre-season makes title winning very, very difficult and the play-offs our best hope. Job done by Rangers in that respect, whether they get to sign him or not. They knew exactly what they were doing and I doubt they ever seriously expected to actually sign him.

All that bond with, and respect for, Stubbs eh?

Sean1875
28-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Because bibs are making a stand here and Allan will clearly not get his move to rangers, does anyone think he may well withdraw his request? A public apology would of course be needed if this was the case.

posted on another one of the threads already but to me this scenario is inevitable. Soon as the window shuts he'll release a statement saying he was misled by his agent or something and that he's seen how much hibs have done for him and that he wants to repay the team and the fans by giving his best performances yet on the park. followed by him singing a pre contract with Der Hun in January.

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-07-2015, 11:21 PM
[emoji216][emoji216][emoji216]

jacomo
28-07-2015, 11:25 PM
Dear Scott,

It's been a bruising couple of weeks. All this should have been kept behind closed doors, eh? At some point, you really need to have a think about who is advising and representing you and whether they are doing you any favours at all.

Anyhow, you've tested our resolve and discovered we won't let you go to Sevco a year early.

You've got the no. 10 shirt. Do it - and yourself - justice this season, prove to us how good a footballer you are.

dmc1875
28-07-2015, 11:37 PM
I can't see any way round this situation now but to punt him, to anyone exept Rangers of course.

The speculation has already taken its toll on the fans, club and squad and will continue with him here until the end of August, and then again from end of December to end of January, when he will probably sign a pre contract with Rangers and get hell from the Hibs fans once again.

The media circus and constant news articles being fed by his camp to the media is a total nightmare for us as a club to deal with especially when we have such an important season to prepare for.

i do believe that if picked Scott allan will do his best for us until the end of the season, but "his best" isn't good enough because there is no way, wth best intentions, he can possibly keep up a level of performance with us and the media circus will plague our entire season.

I mean this in a nice way believe it or not, get rid. Now.

Deansy
29-07-2015, 12:01 AM
It might have been different if he was an Aberdeen/Dundee Utd/Inverness etc supporter - but THEM ?. The 'Anti-Christ' of football, the Hun are the last 'club' (sect) we'd like to see a player of ours to go to. He's either being rather stupid if he expected this to go smoothly or he is a true Hun and just thought we'd give in meekly - SA needs to learn they're back to being just another team now they can't buy the game !!

FitbaFolkKen
29-07-2015, 01:07 AM
He wants to sign for our direct rivals in this league which means he has a massive conflict of interest in every game he pulled on a Hibs shirt this season.

I can't foresee a scenario where he plays for us again apart from in the 89th minute on Saturday.

EdinMike
29-07-2015, 04:49 AM
Screw um, let him sit in the stands for a season. Will you still want him then Huns !?

Never want to see him in a Hibernian strip again.

PaulC
29-07-2015, 05:04 AM
Dear Scott, do one. Get out of our club.

Flanny boy
29-07-2015, 06:09 AM

Is it all worth it?
The club have said he isn't going to sevco so if hibs don't get a decent offer from elsewhere g then stick him in the stand for the season good enough for the wee rat

hibbymick
29-07-2015, 06:14 AM
The club have said he isn't going to sevco so if hibs don't get a decent offer from elsewhere g then stick him in the stand for the season good enough for the wee rat

He can sit next to me.

Flanny boy
29-07-2015, 06:18 AM
He can sit next to me.
What way your doodle loom tools

KeithTheHibby
29-07-2015, 07:52 AM
Dear S.Allan,

Yours,
The Hibs Support

PS you are an ungrateful little **** who doesn't appreciate what Hibs did for you a year ago. Plus your agent is a complete twat.

CorrieHibs
29-07-2015, 07:55 AM
Dear Scott,

I would sack your agent. You have been very badly advised. He has left you in a impossible position. If you wanted to sign for them he should of told you to bide your time until January. Instead he is just made you look like a spoilt little boy and not for the first time.

1875godsgift
29-07-2015, 08:18 AM
What way your doodle loom tools

?????????

Flanny boy
29-07-2015, 08:59 AM
?????????
It was a private joke between myself and hibbymick I should really have done it through a pm.apologies

worcesterhibby
29-07-2015, 09:13 AM
personally I think LD and Stubbsy have handled this difficult situation pretty well so far. They are closer to what is happening than any of us, they will no doubt be speaking to the other players to gauge their feelings on all this and doing their very best to keep a good vibe in the camp. IMHO it's Leanne Dempster and Alan Stubbs who should decide whether Scott Allan plays for Hibs again..and if they decide that he should , then I would hope that Hibs fans would respect their decision, back their judgement and refrain from abusing him. His is what's important, not Scott Allan.

Keith_M
29-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Dear S.Allan,

Yours,
The Hibs Support

Who appointed you the representative of the Hibs Support?

I must have missed that announcement.

1875godsgift
29-07-2015, 09:19 AM
It was a private joke between myself and hibbymick I should really have done it through a pm.apologies

No worries mate! It just looked like predictive text gone mental!

Canon Hannan
08-11-2015, 11:49 AM
If he wants a move, he will have to perform well.
The question is do you;
1) not want him playing because he disloyal and it pisses you off?
2) not want to him to play because you think he won't try his hardest for the whole season ?

Not as Loyal as you? Mr Bluenose in disguise?

RCNG
08-11-2015, 12:13 PM
Can any statos post his stats since his move?

HH81
08-11-2015, 12:18 PM

Started zero? At a guess. Poor move all about the money and sitting on the bench/couch.

ano hibby
08-11-2015, 12:26 PM

:)

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2015, 12:31 PM
we can slag him all we want....he now has thousands of reasons not to give a flying one... £££'s in his bank account

but i do hope his career takes a nosedive

Big_Franck
08-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Don't really see the need to bring this thread up again. Allan cost us nothing and did well for us in the year he was here. Fair enough he was a bit of an arse at the end but we came out of the whole situation with money and a stronger midfield IMO.

I'll certainly not be wishing him luck but does it really make any difference to us whether he's playing for celtic or sitting in the stand?

The Green Goblin
08-11-2015, 12:41 PM
We have improved since he left, which kind of says it all really.

Wilson
08-11-2015, 12:43 PM
We have improved since he left, which kind of says it all really.

It doesn't say a thing. Really. It doesn't.

Pretty Boy
we can slag him all we want....he now has thousands of reasons not to give a flying one... £££'s in his bank account

but i do hope his career takes a nosedive

Thousands in the bank and no career to speak off. Think what he could have done if he spent another year at Hibs.

Anyway irrlelevant, apart from possibly costing us 3 points at Dumbarton we have come out of the whole affair the better off.

Glory Lurker
The name rings a bell, but just can't quite place him.

hibees 7062
08-11-2015, 12:51 PM
The name rings a bell, but just can't quite place him.

Plays for the team he's always supported doesn't he ?

snooky
08-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Plays for the team he's always supported doesn't he ?

And young Gunnar S. saying Celtic need more competition -meaning of course, The Rangers. God forbid it coming from any other team. The OF hoovers will see to that. Scott Allan being yet another casualty of the Rantic Corryvreckan.

The Green Goblin
08-11-2015, 01:29 PM
It doesn't say a thing. Really. It doesn't.

What a strange post. You're right though - just think how good our results over the last few months might have been if we had had him in the team. Err.....

Because we were getting those kind of results when our team was built around him, weren't we? :cb

Wilson
08-11-2015, 01:41 PM
What a strange post. You're right though - just think how good our results over the last few months might have been if we had had him in the team. Err.....

Because we were getting those kind of results when our team was built around him, weren't we? :cb

Your original post would only be correct if we had got rid of Scott and that in itself had improved us. Just his not being here made the difference. That would have said it all.

It is not that simple. Yes we sold Scott Allan but also made many other changes.

Our current success has more to do with the hard work being done at hibs and less to do with Scott Allan being here or not.

GreenLake
08-11-2015, 01:44 PM

Goals 0
Assists 0
Tackles 0
Fouls 0
Corners 0
Yellow Cards 0
Red Cards 0
Shots 0
Bench 21

GreenOnions
08-11-2015, 01:53 PM
I loved watching Scott play for us - in fact - I'd go so far as to say he reminded me of why I love watching football in general and Hibs in particular. He has left us now and I believe his being here helped us move to where we are now.

I don't think he made the right moves over the summer but - hey-ho - who does when they're Scott's age. I wish him the best of luck. I actually think that, once he get's fit after his injury problems this season, he's got the potential to be an excellent player for Celtic. He might be just what they need (oh - maybe Scott plus an entire new defence and manager).

We've moved on and are now better than we were last year. Scott helped us do that.

Scouse Hibee
08-11-2015, 02:50 PM
We have a far better team now than when Allan was with us, each player especially in midfield brings something different to the game and some do things that SA didn't. We'll never know if Stubbsy would have been able to create the same balance with him in the team and frankly I now don't care. Hibs have moved on to better things as a club, time will tell if Allan has done the same.

Jim44
08-11-2015, 02:50 PM
I loved watching Scott play for us - in fact - I'd go so far as to say he reminded me of why I love watching football in general and Hibs in particular. He has left us now and I believe his being here helped us move to where we are now.

I don't think he made the right moves over the summer but - hey-ho - who does when they're Scott's age. I wish him the best of luck. I actually think that, once he get's fit after his injury problems this season, he's got the potential to be an excellent player for Celtic. He might be just what they need (oh - maybe Scott plus an entire new defence and manager).

We've moved on and are now better than we were last year. Scott helped us do that.

SA will be ok once Delilah learns how to use him. Remember that he was a slow learner in the case of Griffiths, who is now the dog's bollocks. Problem is that Delilah might get his P45 before he gets round to using Allan

Bristolhibby
08-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Who did he go to in the end? Genuine question, just goes to show what's today's news is tomorrow's Chip paper.

J

Edit, just read the previous post, I remember now, it was a giant troll from the Tims.

J

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-11-2015, 03:18 PM
He got injured in a reserve match and they had to change his insulin requirements since Celtic changed his diet so his body took about 6 weeks to adjust back that will be him back in things now.

Scouse Hibee
08-11-2015, 03:34 PM
He got injured in a reserve match and they had to change his insulin requirements since Celtic changed his diet so his body took about 6 weeks to adjust back that will be him back in things now.

Eh?

The Green Goblin
08-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Your original post would only be correct if we had got rid of Scott and that in itself had improved us. Just his not being here made the difference. That would have said it all.

It is not that simple. Yes we sold Scott Allan but also made many other changes.

Our current success has more to do with the hard work being done at hibs and less to do with Scott Allan being here or not.

I think it's a bit of both, to be honest. I take your point about the changes and hard work, but I still think that getting rid of an inconsistently performing and unsettled Allan (and the effect that was having on the team) both improved us and paved the way for us to make bigger improvements.

hibsbollah
08-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Something about his hair 'do' just stuck in my craw. Silly little blonde 'curtains' that was trying and failing to look like a Manchester scally in the early 90s. Hun hair.

NAE NOOKIE
08-11-2015, 04:05 PM
We have a far better team now than when Allan was with us, each player especially in midfield brings something different to the game and some do things that SA didn't. We'll never know if Stubbsy would have been able to create the same balance with him in the team and frankly I now don't care. Hibs have moved on to better things as a club, time will tell if Allan has done the same.

This

truehibernian
08-11-2015, 04:48 PM
We are not missing him quite simply because we have a very nice balance in the midfield area now - and more importantly energy and desire to win the ball back.

Robbo broke down too often and stood off too much, Liam Craig had no drive or pace and really doesn't offer any creativity - Fyvie and McGeouch can play the 'sitter' role very well leaving McGinn, Henderson and perm any one of Boyle/Carmichael/Keatings to play the tip of the diamond or wide.........all have incredible energy and movement.

The variety of play was evident midweek against Dundee Utd.......sometimes playing narrow, other times using width, all the time moving the ball quickly at pace.

Allan always wanted to go narrow and through the middle for me, and often didn't play the simple pass - terrific player he is, but his game intelligence let him down at times.

Compare with John McGinn and you get the 'complete midfielder' - tenacious, gritty, skilful, can score goals, can create, eager to win the ball back - and plays with his head up.

One player who is really impressing me is Keatings - for a lad to have been injured and to come in and perform so well in such quick time is superb to see. He actually reminds me of Leigh in his movement and desire to create chances for himself and he isn't shy to test the keeper. He'll be a big player for us during the winter games.

Tricla
08-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Dear Scott Allan.

😊

Sir David Gray
08-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Couldn't care less about him.

He was a total arse at the hinder end of his Hibs career, he wanted a move and he got one. We got shot of a player who no longer wanted to play for us and we now have a close-knit group of players, working really hard for one another and the results and performances are proving that.

hibbymac
08-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Scott who?? :dunno:

HoboHarry
08-11-2015, 08:48 PM

He was a total arse at the hinder end of his Hibs career, he wanted a move and he got one. We got shot of a player who no longer wanted to play for us and we now have a close-knit group of players, working really hard for one another and the results and performances are proving that.
Really no idea why you feel the need to post personal abuse. Whatever you think of him, his form during his time with us helped to finance the deals for Dylan McGeouch and John McGinn as well as most likely swaying the deal for Henderson. For that he has my thanks.....

Allant1981
08-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Really no idea why you feel the need to post personal abuse. Whatever you think of him, his form during his time with us helped to finance the deals for Dylan McGeouch and John McGinn as well as most likely swaying the deal for Henderson. For that he has my thanks.....

Its hardly personal abuse

HoboHarry
08-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Its hardly personal abuse
Not sure why you are answering for him but calling someone an a**e is personal abuse.

Sir David Gray
08-11-2015, 09:00 PM

Not sure why you are answering for him but calling someone an a**e is personal abuse.

Personal abuse? :faf:

Do me a favour.

His behaviour during the summer was deplorable and contributed to our awful start to the season against Dumbarton.

Considering what the club did for him last year, to treat us the way he did was out of order.

If you want to give him your thanks then crack on but he'll get none from me.

Allant1981
08-11-2015, 09:04 PM

Sorry didnt realise that was against the rules, and scott allan was acting like an a##e

eastterrace
08-11-2015, 09:04 PM
Personal abuse? :faf:

Do me a favour.

His behaviour during the summer was deplorable and contributed to our awful start to the season against Dumbarton.

Considering what the club did for him last year, to treat us the way he did was out of order.

If you want to give him your thanks then crack on but he'll get none from me.

he was brilliant for us , so to call him a --rse is a bit harsh. he got a good deal from celtic and we got agood deal from it as well/

Sir David Gray
08-11-2015, 09:07 PM
he was brilliant for us , so to call him a --rse is a bit harsh. he got a good deal from celtic and we got agood deal from it as well/

That's your opinion which you're entitled to.

I think I'll stick with mine.

Andy74
08-11-2015, 09:08 PM

It ended up fine for us bit let's not pretend he wasn't bang out of order for the way he acted. Nothing wrong with calling him an arse.

HoboHarry
08-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Sorry didnt realise that was against the rules, and scott allan was acting like an a##e
Errr, aye ok then.

.Sean.
08-11-2015, 09:41 PM

:agree:

The complete arrogance, disrespect and contempt he showed towards Hibs warrants all the abuse he'll get. He's a fud.

Salt N Sauzee
09-11-2015, 07:28 AM
Something about his hair 'do' just stuck in my craw. Silly little blonde 'curtains' that was trying and failing to look like a Manchester scally in the early 90s. Hun hair.

Knew I wasn't the only one who thought this.

Hawick hibee
09-11-2015, 07:58 AM
I also loved watching Scott Allan play for us and I am really pleased we got the opportunity for a season to see him. He has moved on and I for one sometimes think it would be a hell of a midfield if he stayed and we got in what we have now (I know this would not have been). Scott Allan got a big money move and I wish him all the best he is certainly good enough to showcase his talent there!!!!! Our midfield now is as good as we have had in years and credit to Alan Stubbs for building this after Scott's move. Let's just enjoy, the midfield, the team, the results, the togetherness and commitment of everyone trying to get us back to where we belong. No need to cast up past players on what they have have done they have left, its no as if he went to Hearts. Scott good luck but to Alan Stubbs and the rest of the boys keep up the good work it's the best I have seen for along time at Easter Rd.

BroxburnHibee
09-11-2015, 08:35 AM
Certainly a cautionary tale for young footballers.

Money or career?

I don't think Allan will ever make a mark at Celtc indeed it wouldn't surprise me if he was sold to the Huns.

JimBHibees
09-11-2015, 08:38 AM

Much better balance now last season it was the Scott Allan show and talented as he was there were weaknesses to his game. Talented individual but we have a better team now.

CallumLaidlaw
09-11-2015, 08:39 AM
Certainly a cautionary tale for young footballers.

Money or career?

I don't think Allan will ever make a mark at Celtc indeed it wouldn't surprise me if he was sold to the Huns.

hopefully Mr Riordan has been advising mr Cummings on this very subject.

jacomo
09-11-2015, 09:36 AM

SA never pretended to be a fan, and despite all the histrionics around him leaving there were still more positives than negatives over the year he spent with us. He was one of the players who helped implement a braver, more possession-based style of play (although I'd argue King Dom actually had a bigger impact).

He's undoubtedly a player with a lot of potential. But he's also naive - it shows how few 1st team games he's played. He just wants the ball - a good thing - but often missed the obvious pass. I'm not surprised he's had a stuttering start to his time at Celtc. Those players won't tolerate someone who won't pass the ball at the right times.

J-C
09-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Scott Allan did what he was brought in to do and he played his part on getting us to the play offs but he tainted his relationship with the fans with all the Rangers nonsense in the summer. Remember, he's done all this before at Dundee United and had a bad rep for himself down south, so Stubbs was taking a chance with him, his true colours certainly came out in the summer and it was a 2 fingers to Stubbs and the club.

The team has a far better balance to it without Allan, too much went through him but now we have a midfield who all contribute in one way or another, so we thank Scott for giving us a good 1 year and we also thank him for being a wee prick and allowing us to have an even better midfield this year, no one is bigger than the club and I can see Scott's career going nowhere fast, he'll end up at somewhere like Partick Thistle in a couple of years time. :greengrin

Jim44
09-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Scott Allan did what he was brought in to do and he played his part on getting us to the play offs but he tainted his relationship with the fans with all the Rangers nonsense in the summer. Remember, he's done all this before at Dundee United and had a bad rep for himself down south, so Stubbs was taking a chance with him, his true colours certainly came out in the summer and it was a 2 fingers to Stubbs and the club.

The team has a far better balance to it without Allan, too much went through him but now we have a midfield who all contribute in one way or another, so we thank Scott for giving us a good 1 year and we also thank him for being a wee prick and allowing us to have an even better midfield this year, no one is bigger than the club and I can see Scott's career going nowhere fast, he'll end up at somewhere like Partick Thistle in a couple of years time. :greengrin

I agree with all this except for the last part. He will eventually be reconcilled with the team he supports and will probably be a big success with them.

JimBHibees
09-11-2015, 10:05 AM
I agree with all this except for the last part. He will eventually be reconcilled with the team he supports and will probably be a big success with them.

Dont think there is anyway Celtic would sell him to Rangers. Only way would be Celtic sell him he goes down south then comes back to Rangers. He signed a four year deal in August.

J-C
09-11-2015, 10:06 AM

Probably, just me think out allowed.

chinaman
09-11-2015, 10:09 AM

The complete arrogance, disrespect and contempt he showed towards Hibs warrants all the abuse he'll get. He's a fud.
Scott Allan history...a strong waft of yak off the hobo tho !!

CallumLaidlaw
09-11-2015, 10:15 AM

Was very interesting to hear AS on Sportsound last Monday. He mentioned that he'd spoken to SA on the sunday night and went on to talk about how he still has a good relationship, he knew at the time the game that Rangers/his agent were playing, but refused to allow them to win that battle and did not allow it to affect his relationship with Scott. Excellently played by AS. I suppose he's seen it all with things like that, like being around Everton when Rooney moved to Utd, and again when Utd were pursuing Baines.

J-C
09-11-2015, 10:29 AM
Was very interesting to hear AS on Sportsound last Monday. He mentioned that he'd spoken to SA on the sunday night and went on to talk about how he still has a good relationship, he knew at the time the game that Rangers/his agent were playing, but refused to allow them to win that battle and did not allow it to affect his relationship with Scott. Excellently played by AS. I suppose he's seen it all with things like that, like being around Everton when Rooney moved to Utd, and again when Utd were pursuing Baines.

I was surprised when Stubbs came out with this but I still say he gave the 2 fingers to him, club and supporters after he told everyone on HibsTV that he wanted to see out his final year at Hibs to gain promotion.

Frazerbob
09-11-2015, 10:47 AM
I was surprised when Stubbs came out with this but I still say he gave the 2 fingers to him, club and supporters after he told everyone on HibsTV that he wanted to see out his final year at Hibs to gain promotion.

From what I remember he never said that he WANTED to see out his contract but he would HAPPY to. Subtle but important difference which I and a few others flagged up at he time when everyone was creaming themselves over the interview.

jacomo
09-11-2015, 11:47 AM

Stubbs understands that SA is still quite immature, both on the field and off it. If he learns and develops he could still have a great career ahead of him, but that's someone else's problem now.

KeithTheHibby
09-11-2015, 12:35 PM
We are a better team without Scott Allan. I didn't think I would be saying that 3 months ago however it is very evident.

My_Wife_Camille
09-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Funny how when it's Scott Allan it's "2 fingers to the club and the supporters" but when it's Ian Murray it's "a short career, no room for sentiment".

You're right by the way, Scott Allan ****ed Stubbs and the club over horribly but so did Ian Murray, a so called Hibs fan who quite literally did give 2 fingers to the Hibs support.

Good riddance to both.

J-C
09-11-2015, 01:14 PM
Funny how when it's Scott Allan it's "2 fingers to the club and the supporters" but when it's Ian Murray it's "a short career, no room for sentiment".

You're right by the way, Scott Allan ****ed Stubbs and the club over horribly but so did Ian Murray, a so called Hibs fan who quite literally did give 2 fingers to the Hibs support.

Good riddance to both.

If you see my reply on the Ian Murray thread I did say I wasn't happy with the way he left the club but I understood why, money. Difference here is we gave Allan a chance to resurrect his career and he seemed ungrateful, Murray was badly led by his agent and burnt bridges with supporters. No real surprise you've came on to have another dig, it's what you do, the Hibs.net stirrer upper.

09-11-2015, 01:36 PM
We revived Scott Allans career and gave him the chance to play regular football again and I just feel that his tranfers request after the huns came calling was a slap in the face.

However in hinsight I think it was the best thing to happen to hibs, out of the scott allan deal we got henderson on loan and used the money to re-sign McGeough. Our midfield is fantastic atm and we are no longer so reliant on one player.

IWasThere2016
09-11-2015, 01:38 PM
We are a better team without Scott Allan. I didn't think I would be saying that 3 months ago however it is very evident.

We have sorted out the back 4/5 ... and the frontline is stronger .. that helps also.

Personally, I still think SA is better than any midfielder we have - McGinn however should go on to achieve more than SA has.

mutley
09-11-2015, 02:01 PM
On the whole SA affair, I hope we over take them, gain promotion, and they lose the playoffs and are stuck in the championship for at least another season. The tried to unsettle us and it backfired when SA ended up warming a bench at Celtic.

Had they not come calling, I think he might have remained with us. But we have a better team now without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim44
09-11-2015, 02:40 PM
On the whole SA affair, I hope we over take them, gain promotion, and they lose the playoffs and are stuck in the championship for at least another season. The tried to unsettle us and it backfired when SA ended up warming a bench at Celtic.

Had they not come calling, I think he might have remained with us. But we have a better team now without him.

Was their SA plot their only own goal of the season so far? :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
09-11-2015, 02:45 PM
We have sorted out the back 4/5 ... and the frontline is stronger .. that helps also.

Personally, I still think SA is better than any midfielder we have - McGinn however should go on to achieve more than SA has.Opinions eh, I think we have 4 better midfielders than Allan in Fyvie, McGinn, Henderson and McGeough. While Allan was great offensively he gave the ball away far too much and rarely done anything to get it back. He had games where he was brilliant (4-0 Huns at home) but also games were he was a total passenger. We now have 4 more complete more consistent players in the middle of the park.

My_Wife_Camille
09-11-2015, 02:52 PM
If you see my reply on the Ian Murray thread I did say I wasn't happy with the way he left the club but I understood why, money. Difference here is we gave Allan a chance to resurrect his career and he seemed ungrateful, Murray was badly led by his agent and burnt bridges with supporters. No real surprise you've came on to have another dig, it's what you do, the Hibs.net stirrer upper.
Not a dig JC. I agree completely with you about Scott Allan. Just think it strange that you don't feel the same way about Ian Murray considering how similar the situations were so thought it was fair to ask.

JeMeSouviens
09-11-2015, 03:10 PM

Good riddance to both.

If you're going to be that literal, it was only one. :wink:

What about Riordan btw?

My_Wife_Camille
09-11-2015, 03:12 PM
If you're going to be that literal, it was only one. :wink:

What about Riordan btw?
Fair!

EdinMike
09-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Has Scott Allan actually made an appearance for Celtic yet !? And I'm genuinely asking because I can't be bothered googling it...

Cod Boy
09-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Has Scott Allan actually made an appearance for Celtic yet !? And I'm genuinely asking because I can't be bothered googling it...

I think he came on as a substitute at Tannadice

lucky
09-11-2015, 03:55 PM
SA is a better player than any of ours that's why he's at Celtic and ours are not. SA would improve our team. You can't have to many good players

MWHIBBIES
09-11-2015, 05:06 PM
SA is a better player than any of ours that's why he's at Celtic and ours are not. SA would improve our team. You can't have to many good playersRubbish, I wouldn't take any of their defenders for example. Hate logic like that, as if Celtic haven't had a large amount of duffers over the years.

Spike Mandela
09-11-2015, 05:16 PM
He is an excellent player who used to play for us and now he doesn't. Some people just need to get over it.

HFC 0-7
09-11-2015, 05:28 PM
SA is a better player than any of ours that's why he's at Celtic and ours are not. SA would improve our team. You can't have to many good players

Disagree, the current midfields workrate is second to none. I think Scott Allans workrate wouldnt be high enough to play the current system in the same way as it is now, that whole midfield busts a gut to get forward and defend.

hibsbollah
09-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Disagree, the current midfields workrate is second to none. I think Scott Allans workrate wouldnt be high enough to play the current system in the same way as it is now, that whole midfield busts a gut to get forward and defend.

The midfield is more well balanced without him. Fact.

Scouse Hibee
09-11-2015, 05:40 PM

Behave.

Sir David Gray
09-11-2015, 08:16 PM

He's made two appearances so far, both from the bench.

J-C
09-11-2015, 08:30 PM
Not a dig JC. I agree completely with you about Scott Allan. Just think it strange that you don't feel the same way about Ian Murray considering how similar the situations were so thought it was fair to ask.

Ian Murray had 6 years and 141 games for Hibs before going to Rangers, I wasn't happy with the way he left but I understood money does talk, he only stayed there for 2 years, 1 year at Norwich and then another 4 years back with us, so10 years as a Hibs players.

Allan 2 years at Dundee U and worked his ticket after 8 ( yes 8 ) games for them, in his 2 years at W Brom he had 4 loan spells and made zero appearances for them before Stubbs took a punt on him. He came with a reputation as a bit of a troublemaker and a disruptive influence in the dressing room, yes he knuckled down but it didn't take him long to show his horrible nasty side again and decided it was time to work his ticket again. All the underhand crap that went on, all the lies on camera, he's had one good season in 5 years as a footballer, so far proved nothing in the game.

I don't think Murray and Allan are similar in what they did, Murray went for money yes, his move didn't go down well and his advise from whoever was giving it at the time was poor, I wonder if he'd left for a fee people would've had different views on Murray? Allan has done nowt in the game, been trouble everywhere he's been and left Hibs under a cloud after one season, he knew what he was doing as he's done it before at Dundee U, Murray made one mistake which he admits he did, Allan is just a wee ratbag.

The Green Goblin
09-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Ian Murray had 6 years and 141 games for Hibs before going to Rangers, I wasn't happy with the way he left but I understood money does talk, he only stayed there for 2 years, 1 year at Norwich and then another 4 years back with us, so10 years as a Hibs players.

Allan 2 years at Dundee U and worked his ticket after 8 ( yes 8 ) games for them, in his 2 years at W Brom he had 4 loan spells and made zero appearances for them before Stubbs took a punt on him. He came with a reputation as a bit of a troublemaker and a disruptive influence in the dressing room, yes he knuckled down but it didn't take him long to show his horrible nasty side again and decided it was time to work his ticket again. All the underhand crap that went on, all the lies on camera, he's had one good season in 5 years as a footballer, so far proved nothing in the game.

I don't think Murray and Allan are similar in what they did, Murray went for money yes, his move didn't go down well and his advise from whoever was giving it at the time was poor, I wonder if he'd left for a fee people would've had different views on Murray? Allan has done nowt in the game, been trouble everywhere he's been and left Hibs under a cloud after one season, he knew what he was doing as he's done it before at Dundee U, Murray made one mistake which he admits he did, Allan is just a wee ratbag.

What a post that is. :agree:

My_Wife_Camille
09-11-2015, 10:16 PM

Fair post JC but we wont agree on this one. They are both as bad as each other and the term ratbag suits them both. I'd add Kevin Thomson to that list too.

Baader
09-11-2015, 10:27 PM
Fair post JC but we wont agree on this one. They are both as bad as each other and the term ratbag suits them both. I'd add Kevin Thomson to that list too.
Latapy too? Got himself emptied before our 2001 Cup Final before becoming a Hun mind...

Hibs legend or ratbag? Despite my disappointment at the time, still the former for me...

J-C
09-11-2015, 10:31 PM

Latapy too? Got himself emptied before our 2001 Cup Final before becoming a Hun mind...

Hibs legend or ratbag? Despite my disappointment at the time, still the former for me...

Would you put Colin Stein into that catagory

My_Wife_Camille
09-11-2015, 10:47 PM

Neither of the above imo

Would you put Colin Stein into that catagory
Colin Stein left Hibs around 20 years before I was even born JC, I have absolutely no knowledge or opinion of the way he left the club or his behaviour at the time.

J-C
10-11-2015, 08:25 AM
Neither of the above imo

Colin Stein left Hibs around 20 years before I was even born JC, I have absolutely no knowledge or opinion of the way he left the club or his behaviour at the time.

My point being there are a good few who have left to go to Rangers and it isn't a present day thing, it's been happening for many years, Rangers and Celtic will always be able to offer more money and the chances of winning silverware. How the players go about getting their move determines what we think of them as people, you and many others have not forgiven Murray for the way he did it, I can forgive because he's apologised and accepted what he did at the time was wrong, Allan will never own up to the fact that the way he went about his business was wrong.

Funny how no one batted an eye lid when Griffiths signed an extension to his contract at Wolves when he went back, yes they triggered the one year on his contract but he signed for an extra year on top of that, he could easily have sat out that one year option they had on him and signed for us come the January. By signing for an extra year meant he was out of our price and the only club up here with £1m was Celtic, so much for being a died in the wool Hibbee, he knew what he was doing as his agent had advised him to get the best deal for him.

jacomo
10-11-2015, 10:06 AM

Personally, I still think SA is better than any midfielder we have - McGinn however should go on to achieve more than SA has.

SA has more raw talent, for sure - but so much to learn.

CallumLaidlaw
10-11-2015, 10:18 AM

McGinn already has the media purring. I remember when we announced his signing, a couple of journalists were already making comments like "the next step of his development in becoming next Celtic captain".

Jim Delahunt watched us on Saturday and said "oh my god they are good" before saying that McGinn would be the next big money move to the english Prem "unless Celtic scout watches someone other than Dundee Utd going forward"

IWasThere2016
10-11-2015, 02:33 PM
McGinn already has the media purring. I remember when we announced his signing, a couple of journalists were already making comments like "the next step of his development in becoming next Celtic captain".

Jim Delahunt watched us on Saturday and said "oh my god they are good" before saying that McGinn would be the next big money move to the english Prem "unless Celtic scout watches someone other than Dundee Utd going forward"

McGinn will go higher .. And we must continue to sign the best young players to improve us and "shop window" them.

jacomo
10-11-2015, 02:43 PM

Well Celtc paid £4.5m for Scott Brown back in 2007, so...

CallumLaidlaw
10-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Well Celtc paid £4.5m for Scott Brown back in 2007, so...

Inflation would have that as £5,817,240 now :wink:

jacomo
10-11-2015, 02:47 PM
Inflation would have that as £5,817,240 now :wink:

Starting point for bids, then.

:aok:

CallumLaidlaw
10-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Starting point for bids, then.

:aok:

Plus we need to remember that St Mirren apparently have something like a 30% sell on clause for him according to the Buddies chairman!

Craig_HFC
10-11-2015, 04:13 PM
Acted like a total welt and is now picking splinters out of his erchie.

Roond ye.