PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris / Sam Stanton

fishybeaver
28-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Told they wont be first pick yet both have vowed to give it everything to get a game for the club......SA cant clear off quick enough at the first old hoor who has flashed her knickers at him. Give me someone with the attitude of that pair over any greedy, unloyal back stabbing "proffesional" super star any day of the week!!

ancient hibee
28-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Great footballers are always selfish-that's what makes them single minded-afraid Harris/Stanton combined don't make one Scott Allan.

CB_NO3
28-07-2015, 07:35 PM
'Great footballers' and 'Superstar' lol. Getting a bit ahead of ourselves guys are we not? One good year against Alloa, Livi and Cowdenbeath does not make you a class footballer. He is a decent player and is a huge prospect. He has achieved nothing in the game yet and there is a good chance he may never.

Vault Boy
28-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Great footballers are always selfish-that's what makes them single minded-afraid Harris/Stanton combined don't make one Scott Allan.

I disagree, whilst there are a good number of egotistical and arrogant individuals who are excellent players, there are equally a great number who are far more grounded. Scholes, Xavi, Pirlo for example, hardly seem selfish by nature but certainly great footballers. I rate Stanton and would like to see him get more games this year, but you're correct, neither have anything on Allan.

ancient hibee
28-07-2015, 07:38 PM
'Great footballers' and 'Superstar' lol. Getting a bit ahead of ourselves guys are we not? One good year against Alloa, Livi and Cowdenbeath does not make you a class footballer. He is a decent player and is a huge prospect. He has achieved nothing in the game yet and there is a good chance he may never.

He's a great footballer compared to the other two-otherwise I agree with you.i

fishybeaver
28-07-2015, 07:39 PM
I disagree, whilst there are a good number of egotistical and arrogant individuals who are excellent players, there are equally a great number who are far more grounded. Scholes, Xavi, Pirlo for example, hardly seem selfish by nature but certainly great footballers. I rate Stanton and would like to see him get more games this year, but you're correct, neither have anything on Allan.

One thing they do have is dignity and class, cant say the same for the floppy haired HUN.

ALF TUPPER
28-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Work hard and step up boys !

truehibernian

Maybe not in their football talents but each one as individuals are far far better men - and in the case of Alex Harris, with what happened in his personal life, coupled with his injury, he is head and shoulders above Allan in every possible way - the fact many don't know about Alex's loss a few years ago (or at the time) shows, to me, a boy who has dignity, respect, real values and above all pride in himself and his family.

That is why I always get a wee bit precious when I hear all the bile some fans threw at the youngsters. Messageboard comments and criticism is fine when constructive, but sometimes I shook my head hearing the abuse Harris in particular got from the stands - give me an Alex Harris type individual above Allan any day of the week. :aok:

I cling to the hope that this season, it clicks for Alex in particular as I honestly still believe that the boy has talent above what he thinks he has at present - totally confidence issue for me.

fishybeaver
Wise words

Vault Boy
28-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Great post TH.

Greencore
28-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Looking forward to seeing Scott Martin this season.

ancient hibee
28-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Maybe not in their football talents but each one as individuals are far far better men - and in the case of Alex Harris, with what happened in his personal life, coupled with his injury, he is head and shoulders above Allan in every possible way - the fact many don't know about Alex's loss a few years ago (or at the time) shows, to me, a boy who has dignity, respect, real values and above all pride in himself and his family.

That is why I always get a wee bit precious when I hear all the bile some fans threw at the youngsters. Messageboard comments and criticism is fine when constructive, but sometimes I shook my head hearing the abuse Harris in particular got from the stands - give me an Alex Harris type individual above Allan any day of the week. :aok:

I cling to the hope that this season, it clicks for Alex in particular as I honestly still believe that the boy has talent above what he thinks he has at present - totally confidence issue for me.

This is a football club.You can't run a team on how nice people are.Harris seems a nice kid so does Allan who incidentally doesn't make a song and dance about playing with a serious illness.Have you met either of them?You're right about abuse-just look at the posts on here from people who thought Allan was the greatest thing since sliced bread a week ago.

MWHIBBIES
28-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Agree, I want guys who want to play for Hibs. Not rats who want to play for Rangers.

As for the quality players are selfish etc, we have plenty of quality players (Grey, Fontaine, Hanlon, Lewis, Fyvie, Farid, Dom, Cummings) who all want to be here and work hard every week to prove it.

truehibernian
28-07-2015, 08:11 PM
This is a football club.You can't run a team on how nice people are.Harris seems a nice kid so does Allan who incidentally doesn't make a song and dance about playing with a serious illness.Have you met either of them?You're right about abuse-just look at the posts on here from people who thought Allan was the greatest thing since sliced bread a week ago.

....respect your view mate, not going to argue as there's nothing either of us has said that is worthy of it :aok:........Harris and Stanton have been relegated, treated pretty poorly by previous manager, one has gone out on loan, both want to play football for Hibs.......yes, Allan doesn't moan about his diabetes, indeed he does some good work promoting football/sport whilst having it which will indeed inspire those that suffer from it.............I will also add that whilst Allan is a very good footballer we lost games v Alloa, Queens, Falkirk, Raith, anonymous first half v Falkirk at Hampden and anonymous in the two play off games v a poor The Rangers - with him in the side and supposedly our key player........we all have to sprinkle some realism onto a footballers supposed talents. As I posted last week he is very good but not a world beater.......has he scored at Easter Road yet ? That's also a tragic stat for a player of his calibre against the teams he was up against last season - again, in my opinion.

My valuation of him, fee wise, is based around recent transfers of similarly aged players with similar CV's......if Lewis McLeod can leave The Rangers and go to Brentford for £1 million then Allan is worth that at least - again, only my opinion.

silverhibee
28-07-2015, 08:34 PM

Exactly, and apart from The Rangers there is not even a sniff from another club trying to sign him up to this point so far, if he was a "superstar" then where are all the clubs trying to sign him, nowhere to be seen, and what has happened in the last 7 days I can't see many clubs wanting to sign a player who may cause problems if things are not going right for him in a seasons time, they can do without that kind of stuff and sign a player who will be committed to there club.

JimBHibees
29-07-2015, 09:19 AM

Good post would be great to see.